Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

what does everyone think the biggest vol 3 guardians set is?

Maybe some sort of High Evolutionary genetics lab? Or some base for Kang? Kang is in this movie right?

On 12/5/2022 at 4:32 AM, Scarilian said:

Yes and those fans are correct. It's based off the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' theme in which the heroes have mechs and the villains are monsters. Though it is a mech build, it's meant to serve as the monster version of the Green Goblin.

61523_MonsterHunters_GreenGoblin_GLAM-WEB_400x400.png?v=1647016904LEGO-Marvel-76219-Spider-Man-Green-Goblin-Mech-Battle-Review-09-dd3CIr-1536x863.jpg

It's clear neither of you made any research on the subject and also forgot that we'd already covered this being an organic monster, not a mech, months ago when the 'Mech Strike Monster Hunters' inspired line of sets were announced - both of you were in the conversation with me, lol.

Green Goblin is a monster in the series that this set is based on and his Lego mech is intended to be his organic monster form. The heroes are the hunters in mechs, the villains are the monsters who are organic and 'Monsterized'. The Hunters have their mechs 'Monsterized' giving the mechs a power boost but remaining as mechs for the heroes to pilot.

" Doctor Doom used a mysterious magical eye to turn the worst Marvel villains into monsters! To stop him, Doctor Strange used his own mystical eye to level up the Avengers' Mech Strike armors created by Iron Man, into Mech Strike Monster Hunters! Now they must fight head-to-head for the fate of the Marvel Universe!"

20 hours ago, Scarilian said:

@THELEGOBATMAN@PGBQW Fair :P I don't blame people as it's a fairly niche thing and it was a funny comment considering my own curiosity with the Big Figs and this years Eurobricks history :P

Yeah, was hoping we'd get some of the other designs such as Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Wasp and perhaps Venom or Wolverine. Wolverine especially since his wing blades look like pre-existing Lego Pieces.

30067a9eeb4f4373a4f43659acd8aba4_Large.jpg63149_MonsterHunters_Wolverine_GLAM-WEB.png?v=1645195233

I believe so, Goblin and Spider-man were definitely meant to be representing the Mech Strike Monster Hunters theme. Other sets may have drawn some inspiration on the mech designs but I think it was just the one set that was supposed to be based on the theme. Honestly was hoping the Rocket Mech for this year would have drawn inspiration from the theme also:

c7cbe827f08917cc847b12569b073a359a62d7c5

Yeah the Wolverine and Groot ones would’ve been more unique and cooler to get.

The Doctor Doom one I would’ve liked to have seen as well: 

5181EE55-57A5-48DC-9D50-1E1FCA8A9CCD.jpeg.17cb89dc0b7e2bcdcd16ad55119347d1.jpeg

Do you think there was a marketing push by Marvel (which included merchandise by LEGO and Funko) for this comic line since the mechs and monsters are potentially far more marketable than other comic lines that may not have such a thing to them to easily market?

Edited by SuperSquidman

Just thinking... Do you think Lego made the new Otter piece in the 2023 Lego City sets to be the "before" version of the anthropomorphic female Otter in the Guardians trailer? Then just decided to use the piece in City in addition?

39 minutes ago, Killian said:

Just thinking... Do you think Lego made the new Otter piece in the 2023 Lego City sets to be the "before" version of the anthropomorphic female Otter in the Guardians trailer? Then just decided to use the piece in City in addition?

Wasn’t the Otter piece used in a Harry Potter set? 

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

what does everyone think the biggest vol 3 guardians set is?

The Bowie.

3 hours ago, Killian said:

Maybe some sort of High Evolutionary genetics lab? Or some base for Kang? Kang is in this movie right?

Kang is not in the movie. I'm confident the set will be the bowie.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

No. As @AndrewCole14 says it's been in a Harry Potter set from a few years back. No way they planned that out, and I also highly doubt we'd be getting a set based on the flashbacks in the movie anyway, much less new molds of rocket and lylla's flashback variants.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Do you think drax (the grey version) will be in any sets, I need him to complete my bennatar crew (probably misspelled that)

20 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Do you think drax (the grey version) will be in any sets, I need him to complete my bennatar crew (probably misspelled that)

Well he will be in the upcoming GotGv3 sets, but whether he's the previous grey version, or the green from the advent calendar is yet unknown. But considering they bothered to change him in the first place, my money's on green

4 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Drax will definitely be in one of the sets, although I'm afraid they might've switched to green, even though grey is so much more accurate. 

It's just Benatar :wink:

Looking at the hulkbuster set i really hope we get a remake of the AoU hulkbuster with iron-man, new updated wanda and hulk big fig!

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well he will be in the upcoming GotGv3 sets, but whether he's the previous grey version, or the green from the advent calendar is yet unknown. But considering they bothered to change him in the first place, my money's on green

I also imagine he'll be wearing the new uniform based on the trailer. Could be that all the guardians have the same torso and legs like the timeheist suits in the endgame sets . 

Edited by squiz18

14 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Wasn’t the Otter piece used in a Harry Potter set? 

Oh yeah. Forgot about that 

4 hours ago, squiz18 said:

I also imagine he'll be wearing the new uniform based on the trailer. Could be that all the guardians have the same torso and legs like the timeheist suits in the endgame sets . 

TLG when they saw the concept art with identical uniforms in both movies: KA-CHING

They could still do slight variations, but it’s safe to assume they’ll all use the same torso and legs :tongue: 

45 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I have been looking at the pics of the quinjet and I can't figure out if the Loki fig is black or gun metal grey?

Gunmetal Grey.

You can compare it to Thor, who is right next to Loki.

Also, his torso has black printing, which is noticeably darker than the torso itself.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

14 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Man, I hope so. She looks amazing!

She does :thumbup: I think it’s the most unique ship design they’ve had so far in the entire MCU!

Really hope it’s the $100 set. No way they could do it justice if it was the $35 one, not even if they designed it in the same scale as the 2017 Milano :tongue: I mean, even the $100 price point is just barely enough

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TLG when they saw the concept art with identical uniforms in both movies: KA-CHING

They could still do slight variations, but it’s safe to assume they’ll all use the same torso and legs :tongue: 

💯

5 hours ago, mrcngrck said:

do you know guys when spidey and the amazing friends sets will be released?

Do we know what characters will be in the sets? It's always interesting to see how the many villains that the show has changed a lot compared to their traditional portrayals will be represented in minifig form

4 hours ago, Killian said:

Do we know what characters will be in the sets? It's always interesting to see how the many villains that the show has changed a lot compared to their traditional portrayals will be represented in minifig form

We know the three main characters, Dock Ock, and Goblin are in them... I'd bet a lot of money Iron Man will be in one, and probably Electro. Reptil is likely also given it wouldnt require any new pieces.

I do feel bad for people wanting the old Drax... I saw the writing on the wall when the Advent Calendar was revealed and paid the price on bricklink for the old one. I bought a bootleg Kraglin as well because I'm certain he wont be in these sets.

I'm expecting the Bowie will probably come with Guardians in their new suits, and we'll get regular outfits in the others.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, PRbrickbuilder said:

Actually, it is comic based, so good news for you: it is from the cover of Rocket (2017), #2.

(The last link wasn't working, so I changed, @cosmic)

93880d7a48b9d403a0bbf38c6b58085e--cosmic

Thank you for this reference! I do appreciate the set a lot more now than I did when I thought it was Lego coming up with their own design. That said, the bulk of Rockets orange costume appearances has been post 2014, at least to my perspective. It would have been nice to get a design that didn’t mirror his MCU orange suit too close. I personally wanted to see his early 2000’s blue and red suit, or his classic green suit. But I am happy there was an actual comics reference. I’d like to see more comic based Guardians content in general. It’d be nice to get a green Drax in a mech set. 

on a similar note, I recently bought the Black Panther mech and gotta say, this really does feel like an MCU design. The suit has the same white lines on the hips seen in the MCU suit, and the stylized head feels very much like the line work we saw on the mask used in the MCU. I get that people see this as a comic based set as they (mechs) have been for the most part. But it does look like it could pass in an MCU layout. Still love the set and figure but unsure if the suit has a comic reference either.

I gotta say while I like this wave, I’d like to see more comic content moving forward. I guess the mechs keep that alive but an actual set or two would be nice to see beyond just the winter wave. I hope they make sets based off the X-Men animated reboot coming next year.

Edited by cosmic