Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, hvader said:

I mean to be honest MODOK is very difficult to adapt into live-action and I think they did the best they could…

More like next to impossible :tongue: MODOK is one of the stupidest looking Marvel characters out there, with a giant immovable grinning face, a laughable bowlcut, and ridiculously tiny arms and legs. Translating that into anything even remotely cool is quite the challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So completely under the radar, an Avengers 1 suit Cap has leaked, which will most likely pop up in the Quinjet

Took me a little while to figure out which movie it was from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Long last!  so a 2012 quinjet, interesting… which minifigures do you think we will see?  big 4 plus loki?

It’s the only Infinity Saga set based on the first Avengers film so this does seem like as good a guess as any. Throw in a Chitauri or two as Lego already has the redesigned prints for them.

Preaching to the choir here, but I’m with you all on the hope that we get some No Way Home stuff next summer. The MCU film slate is quite light next year so it would be the perfect time to do it. In addition to the revealed Funko Pops discussed a few pages back, there’s also a sizeable Hasbro Marvel Legends wave for the film on the cards going by reputable leaks, so I can’t imagine Lego wanting to miss out on this.

Overall, I feel this has been one of the weakest years for the Marvel sub-theme since 2012, but I’m optimistic next year will be better. Still need my Moon Knight and Mr. Knight figures! 

Edited by Kaijumeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Long last!  so a 2012 quinjet, interesting… which minifigures do you think we will see?  big 4 plus loki?

We'll definitely see either a remake of the Mark 6 or 7 with the new helmet for Iron Man, and probably Black Widow, she's known to pilot Quinjets in sets. Loki will be a definite as well, need to throw the villain in.

2012 Quinjet doesn't necessarily mean it's based on the Battle of New York, it could take bits and pieces from everywhere in the film. Wouldn't mind another Agent Coulson figure

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Overall, I feel this has been one of the weakest years for the Marvel sub-theme since 2012, but I’m optimistic next year will be better. Still need my Moon Knight and Mr. Knight figures! 

Gotta strongly disagree here, sure there's been some questionable decisions (Hulkbuster, BP bust, buildable figures), but the Sanctum was an incredible set, plus Goat Boat, and we've had some nice figures here and there

The worst year for me had to be 2020, with recycled Spider Man villains and the Avengers with two AIM agents in every set. Most of the builds weren't great either, like the Helicarrier that was just a massive block with no interior. The highlights were some decent figures, but they were all in otherwise bad sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Gotta strongly disagree here, sure there's been some questionable decisions (Hulkbuster, BP bust, buildable figures), but the Sanctum was an incredible set, plus Goat Boat, and we've had some nice figures here and there

The worst year for me had to be 2020, with recycled Spider Man villains and the Avengers with two AIM agents in every set. Most of the builds weren't great either, like the Helicarrier that was just a massive block with no interior. The highlights were some decent figures, but they were all in otherwise bad sets

Solid points, I think the issue for me this year is that most of the stuff we got just felt really…disparate? But that’s more to do with the distribution of content that the waves are based on more than anything. Still need to get myself that Sanctum.

2020 was definitely a very ‘meh’ year, totally agree there. I’m sure good things are in store for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict that at some point in 2023, we'll be getting an Iron Man 3 set (maybe the Roxxon Norco as the build?), considering we got an Iron Man set in 2021 and an Iron Man 2 set this year.  Plus, Killian is very much in need of a more accurate minifigure, and of course it would provide a great opportunity for more Iron Legion armors to turn up.

I wonder if we'll be getting another Hulk bigfig any time soon, whether in the Quinjet or elsewhere.  The last time we got one at all was in the 2020 4+ set, and there hasn't been one in the Infinity Saga subline so far.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if we'll be getting another Hulk bigfig any time soon, whether in the Quinjet or elsewhere.  The last time we got one at all was in the 2020 4+ set, and there hasn't been one in the Infinity Saga subline so far.

I still think the Quinjet has a shot at the full avengers lineup of that movie, but we'll see.

It won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if the hulk was in the Infinity war hulkbuster set, since back in 2018 there was the trailer fake out and even fake merch of him in wakanda/breaking out of the hulkbuster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Cap figure looks good although its a shame they're going back to printing the face on a dark blue head again. The skin tone turned out horrible when they did that last time on the Quantum Suit figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Solid points, I think the issue for me this year is that most of the stuff we got just felt really…disparate? But that’s more to do with the distribution of content that the waves are based on more than anything. Still need to get myself that Sanctum.

2020 was definitely a very ‘meh’ year, totally agree there. I’m sure good things are in store for next year.

You ain't wrong. 8 new release MCU sets, one Infinity Saga set, one fun buildable Groot, 4 brickbuilt figures with a giant brick fig mech, an unnecessarily large bust, two brickbuilt weapons of different scales and 3 comic book mechs that also include the first X-Men set in 8 years that currently doesn't seem to be leading into anymore X-Men sets. Very scrambled *huh* :drunk:

 

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I still think the Quinjet has a shot at the full avengers lineup of that movie, but we'll see.

It won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if the hulk was in the Infinity war hulkbuster set, since back in 2018 there was the trailer fake out and even fake merch of him in wakanda/breaking out of the hulkbuster.

As cool as it looks, the inaccuracy of the Hulk busting out of Hulkbuster Funko Pop is why I never wanted to pick it up. It's a shame really, it would've been one of the coolest moments in the MCU

This was definitely the point though, ever since Hulk DIDN'T bust out the Hulkbuster, his character fell down the drain. 

 

16 minutes ago, wesker said:

The new Cap figure looks good although its a shame they're going back to printing the face on a dark blue head again. The skin tone turned out horrible when they did that last time on the Quantum Suit figure.

The problem is with the helmet, the awkward blank space on the sides require either the helmet to continue printed onto a colour head, which leads to bad colour clashing, or a flesh head to have a chinstrap so it doesn't look ridiculously goofy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big problem with Marvel in 2022 is the lack of really small sets (e.g. sets at the same size as say https://brickset.com/sets/60344-1 and the Black Panther and Hulkbuster sets (which both are bigger than they needed to be IMO).

Oh and the fact that the Nano Gauntlet still hasn't made it to local retail here in Australia (something that has generally happened with all the other Marvel and Star Wars helmets and buildable things) although that's on LEGO Australia rather than LEGO HQ :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably 2012 Quinjet legacy set, maybe a delayed anniversary wave if we are very lucky and the Lego reps were just trolling us about forgetting.

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, the official reveals should be this week. Too late for leaks now :tongue:

It's never too late for leaks :P Hence us seeing the Captain America figure.

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The problem is with the helmet, the awkward blank space on the sides require either the helmet to continue printed onto a colour head, which leads to bad colour clashing, or a flesh head to have a chinstrap so it doesn't look ridiculously goofy.

Given the overhang on the back of the helmet, I'm guessing it's a double-sided face.

Edited by Scarilian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not gonna like what I'm about to say: But if they really wanted, they could not include Ironman on the Quinjet and have his Avengers armor be exclusive to another Hall of armors set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

You're not gonna like what I'm about to say: But if they really wanted, they could not include Ironman on the Quinjet and have his Avengers armor be exclusive to another Hall of armors set.

omg!  I don't want to believe that lego wastes the opportunity to finally update mk6/7.  also i don't think we will have a new armor room so soon 🤔

2020 was not that bad, video game sets gave us some new iron man, cap marvel helmet, amazing war machine… bad guys were repetitive but they were always best of this year's non-minifigure buildable stuff!  If I have to choose a worse year than this I say 2019 but only because I expected a more accurate Endgame line.  but in truth 2022 remains the worst.  I hate all these buildable things 😄 also because after 2021 I was convinced that lego had taken the right path with marvel, the disappointment was huge.  

back to the quinjet, i hope to see the new bigfig model applied to the hulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any year that has a set as amazing as the Sanctum gets automatically disqualified from any „worst of“ list in my book :tongue:

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's never too late for leaks :P Hence us seeing the Captain America figure.

Those darn last minute leaks ruining my arguments!! :head_back: Must‘ve jinxed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

More like next to impossible :tongue: MODOK is one of the stupidest looking Marvel characters out there, with a giant immovable grinning face, a laughable bowlcut, and ridiculously tiny arms and legs. Translating that into anything even remotely cool is quite the challenge

I don’t think it’s that impossible; they’ve done Rocket faithfully and that’s fine. With MODOK they would just have to emphasize the horror of the character and its origin. The comic book look adapted 1 to 1 to live action would look fine that way. It being represented with its full strangeness would make it better.

Edited by SuperSquidman
Accidental use of an apostrophe in the last sentence and refining said last sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not convinced that the leaked Cap Minifig is real; the torso looks just a bit off and decal-ish to me. That said, the eyebrows being ever-so-slightly misaligned with the eyes suggests that at least the head is real. 
If we actually are getting the Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet, I doubt that we will be getting all six original Avengers, since $100 is too low for five Minifigs, one Bigfig, and 700+ parts. My guess is Cap, Nat, Clint, Tony (Mk. VII), Loki, Chitauri, with a chariot side-build. 
 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if the hulk was in the Infinity war hulkbuster set, since back in 2018 there was the trailer fake out and even fake merch of him in wakanda/breaking out of the hulkbuster.

Are we sure that the Hulkbuster is IW and not AoU? With the Quinjet possibly being from the first movie, an AoU set seems more likely. 
 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Are we sure that the Hulkbuster is IW and not AoU? With the Quinjet possibly being from the first movie, an AoU set seems more likely. 
 

I think the leaked set name mentioned a battle of Wakanda, so I'd assume that's IW, could be misremembering that though.

Very happy with the new Cap, if it's from the Quinjet then I'm hopeful we'll get all six Avengers + Loki, but I doubt it. Thor at least would be easy reuse from the Thor's hammer set, though a new head would be ideal since he didn't have all that much of a beard in the movie. I could see Hulk being omitted on the basis that he never interacts with a Quinjet in the film, with the real reason being that Bigfigs are expensive haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "twin" set with the leviathan would have made sense, characters distributed more easily and a wish of the fans fulfilled ... maybe there is an exclusive retailer of which we know nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

A "twin" set with the leviathan would have made sense, characters distributed more easily and a wish of the fans fulfilled ... maybe there is an exclusive retailer of which we know nothing

I'm really curious if it's possible for leakers to just miss set numbers. If I remember correctly the Endgame helicopter with Hulk & Rescue seemed to come out of thin air without us expecting another set, though I could be wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

i hope to see the new bigfig model applied to the hulk

I thought Lego had officially said they weren't doing any more bigfigs? Isn't that why they turned Sandy from a bigfigure into a minifigure in this year's Monkie Kid sets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Killian said:

I thought Lego had officially said they weren't doing any more bigfigs? Isn't that why they turned Sandy from a bigfigure into a minifigure in this year's Monkie Kid sets?

Where did they say that? :jollyroger:

Nothing like that has happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.