Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I cannot believe the War on the Water set is $90 USD. LEGO's pricing has gone off the deep end. I thought the Iron Man Armoury was overpriced, but War on the Water makes it look like an amazing deal. At least all the Iron Man suits had head to toe printing, while we still can't get leg printing on a Black Panther minifigure 6 years later.

I'm skipping this one until I can get it for 20% off. I want the whole wave at once but I can't justify $90 for a set like that, so I guess no Black Panther sets for me today.

Yeah, the $90 price is ridiculous. I agree, I’m gonna hope it eventually gets sold at Costco or I’m just gonna Bricklink the figs. The minifigs are really the only selling point for me. The set itself is atrocious.

Okay, like I know Lego is trying to see how much money they can get away with charging for the set, but they have to be delusional if they think this set is worth more than 50€

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly everytime I hear the word Morb now I just remember that we're getting a Morbius minifigure. It feels like I'm living in a fever dream (and then I revert to the nightmare of impending ww3)

You got that acrimonious odious, cause bats are copious

Wake me up when we get comic X-Men sets….

Ironheart MK.2 looks great I’ll say. I know little about Ri Ri and am not really invested in this new character but the wings look exciting. I liked them on Rescue and I like them here. I feel it gives a fun silhouette to the figure.

Namor does also have incredible printing. It’s interesting the hair piece they gave him. They could have easily given him the S6 Sleepy Head spiky hair , based on what I’ve seen of live action Namor. This piece is more reminiscent of the comic design which imo I didn’t quite get from set pictures of Namor himself irl. 

I know it’s not a wishlist thread but for some reason I have always wanted a Songbird figure and I hope she somehow gets produced one day. 

and finally, does anyone consider 76204 to be a comic set? I feel like all the mechs are comic sets but I think I saw someone refer to the Black Panther figure here as MCU based somewhere and it threw me off. 

Edited by cosmic

44 minutes ago, cosmic said:

and finally, does anyone consider 76204 to be a comic set? I feel like all the mechs are comic sets but I think I saw someone refer to the Black Panther figure here as MCU based somewhere and it threw me off. 

It's a comicbook set.

MCU has huge influence on Marvel as a whole, so minifigures from comicbook sets might look really similar to their MCU counterparts. 

6 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

https://thedirect.com/article/spider-man-no-way-home-lego

An interesting read on why we didn’t get accurate No way Home sets. 

Thank you!  I was just looking for a transcript of the interview 😍 ... but, is "more No Way Home sets in 2022" a transcription error? 🤔

Edited by Legocentrico

21 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

people seem to not grasp the idea behind the big black war ship in the big black panther set. Its basically a luxury yacht or based on them. 

Being based on something doesn't make the set any less bad or cheaper, tho

49 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Being based on something doesn't make the set any less bad or cheaper, tho

the 2022 film Morbius was based on the marvel comics character morbius the living vampire

take that as you will

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

people seem to not grasp the idea behind the big black war ship in the big black panther set. Its basically a luxury yacht or based on them. 

Being based on a luxary yacht doesn't make the set good, though. 

According to a survey by Falconfan1414 on Instagram, the Black Panther Bust is apparently not selling too well so far. We've already talked about the bust a lot, but is anyone here buying it?

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

The scale is a lot bigger given the Dragon Flyers are in scale so its much more likely to be a futuristic aircaft carrier taking inspiration from the luxury yacht. The trouble is at its core its another black and gray build, they were probably working on concept art and the final design is probably black and gray, but it's not visually engaging. The design may look better in the movie, but Lego charging a ridiculous amount for it certainly won't help with the sales. If this was cheaper, then maybe, but the original design inspiration does not save the set itself from looking bland.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Thank you!  I was just looking for a transcript of the interview 😍 ... but, is "more No Way Home sets in 2022" a transcription error? 🤔

While the article is from October 2nd 2022, the transcript it and you are referencing is a Brick Fanatics article from December 23rd 2021 back when we had the rumours of us getting some legacy sets inspired by the Raimi Series. That rumour turned out to be false.

Our next chance to get Spider-man: No Way Home sets is 2HY 2023. It's already been remarked on that we won't get any in 1HY 2023.

Personally, considering how many new characters would be required I doubt we'll end up seeing No Way Home legacy sets at all, as you'd need Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard, Electro, Sandman, Tobey Spider-man and Andrew Spider-man - that's quite a few figures and we are starting to reach the point of four/five films a year.

Edited by Scarilian

It would be crazy for Lego not to monetize the success of No Way Home.  I am still convinced that we will have the sets.  If I remember correctly, Hasbro will present its products right in 2023 (along with the disney plus ones from Hawkeye onwards), Lego could follow ... that statue of liberty has the potential for a 500 € d2c, but also 3/4 summer sets , like for Endgame

I had enormous expectations for 2022, and we know how it turned out.  But the January list looks like the start of a better year 🤞

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

According to a survey by Falconfan1414 on Instagram, the Black Panther Bust is apparently not selling too well so far. We've already talked about the bust a lot, but is anyone here buying it?

I'll be getting it from the LEGO Store when I go home next weekend. I still think it's overpriced, but it is a huge build and I want to see how it feels in person. If LEGO does several busts like this I'm out, though. I'd love an Iron Man bust that lights up but if they start giving every (helmeted) Marvel hero a bust they're going to be impossible to collect.

2 minuti fa, BusterNut31 ha detto:

Un'ora in più e avremo un accenno del set da 500 dollari... sono nervoso.

we will have the confirmation that it does not exist 😂

Edited by Legocentrico

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Personally, considering how many new characters would be required I doubt we'll end up seeing No Way Home legacy sets at all, as you'd need Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard, Electro, Sandman, Tobey Spider-man and Andrew Spider-man - that's quite a few figures and we are starting to reach the point of four/five films a year.

Yeah, but lego has to know how well it would sell. Aside from some scattered mechs, I haven't bought lego marvel since endgame (Though it'll change if I can find a discount on the bugle), but I would spend hundreds on a NWH set.

12 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Alright, hopefully this is the last time I say this: place your final bets now, everyone!

I'm cheating and giving you 4:

1: Hulkbuster

2: Avengers tower

3: Don cheadle bust 

4. (out of left field guess) Oscorp

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Actually it gets worse. More and more stores employees are saying that they have messaged me saying it’s not selling in their stores. Maybe one or two copies at some stores but a good chunk are saying no one is buying it. Again it’s just initial reactions and not actual sales numbers but most stores seem to indicate avatar has sold better 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Giant Hulkbuster is another head scratcher for me! Huge budget from lego marvel going to these huge non minifig scale sets. Mmmm cool i guess but not something im buying. 

28 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually it gets worse. More and more stores employees are saying that they have messaged me saying it’s not selling in their stores. Maybe one or two copies at some stores but a good chunk are saying no one is buying it. Again it’s just initial reactions and not actual sales numbers but most stores seem to indicate avatar has sold better 

Lego needs to drop the price to $300 or below or this set will become a gigantic flop

Also what an L year for Lego Marvel... I love Hulkbuster but a $550 one is just insane

Im sad if its the Mk48 buster.

Lego coulda made a selling point of the first buster if the mk43 buildable could fit inside!

The price per part ratio on the Hulkbuster MK2 is a little scary (4049 for $550) but I reckon there's going to be lots of big pieces in it. Personally, I'm a little iffy on the news as I think I prefer the Mark 1 a bit, but I don't think I'm really in the market for a 70 cm tall Hulkbuster anyways. Eager to see pictures though.

As for the Black Panther Bust not selling very well yet (based on anecdotal evidence), I am not entirely surprised. I am actually one of the people who think it looks fantastic but it is a very particular kind of item at a very high price. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, but I don't think it's something that is very suitable to be put in a living room like some of the other recent premium price-point sets (like the Hogwarts Express or the Lighthouse) are. I think a smaller one would have done gangbusters though.

And the biggest Marvel set ever is... our fifth Hulkbuster, that costs 550€ with barely 4000 pieces — and a single minifigure, that isn't even interesting :tongue:

I kind of hope that this is like that Bowser set in terms of mechanics. That’d be kind of fun.

Also, would it be possible to get Banner and Cull Obsidian here as well??

Even if it's a great build, I think the prices for these sets are the issue. It used to be 1-2 large sets for all lego themes might have been $300 plus. Now you have a $350 marvel sculpture, $550 Hulkbuster, a $600 Razorcrest, and a Harry Potter train for $500 all within a few months, and I am sure there are more!

If these sets were in the $200-$350 I would probably be interested in multiple, instead im getting none of them.