Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

I almost want that to happen, if only for the absolute chaos it would create. It's obviously exceedingly unlikely, but I also wouldn't put such a thing past Lego at this point.

You know what? Screw it. $500 hulkbust. No figures. Hulk's head and hands like BP.

"Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, empiresperish said:

Really long time lurker here, but I had to chime in; everyone has been writing Hulkbuster and no one seems to be preparing themselves for the obvious $500 "Hulkbust." :oh:

Comment of the year :grin::laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if the Hulkbuster is the AoU one... but it's not the only thing in the $500 set. Hulkbuster having around 2,700 pieces (Double the previous version) as rumored, Hulk having around 1,700 for a total piece count of 4,400 including an exclusive Iron Man figure. Just speculation, no clue what the $500 set is now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hulk-Buster-and-Hulk-Fight.jpg

Source

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, it's really annoying.

Yeah, Instagram being a broken mess is definitely going to be a problem going into $500 set leak/rumour season (October) for it's stated 11th November release. It'll probably be important to check around multiple users as we won't be able to see their posts on hashtags unless Instagram fixes this mess.

16 hours ago, empiresperish said:

Really long time lurker here, but I had to chime in; everyone has been writing Hulkbuster and no one seems to be preparing themselves for the obvious $500 "Hulkbust." :oh:

Only Marvel characters that I could see people buying at that insane scale would be Iron Man with Arc Reactor and Repulsor Gauntlet, Thanos with Helmet & Infinity Gauntlet and Captain America with his helmet if it was with half of the shield as opposed to the hands. I feel those characters have had the most focus.

Edited by Scarilian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

What if the Hulkbuster is the AoU one... but it's not the only thing in the $500 set. Hulkbuster having around 2,700 pieces (Double the previous version) as rumored, Hulk having around 1,700 for a total piece count of 4,400 including an exclusive Iron Man figure. Just speculation, no clue what the $500 set is now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hulk-Buster-and-Hulk-Fight.jpg

Source

Oooh, that kinda looks neat. Still wouldn't get it but it's at least more interesting than just another Hulkbuster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

What if the Hulkbuster is the AoU one... but it's not the only thing in the $500 set. Hulkbuster having around 2,700 pieces (Double the previous version) as rumored, Hulk having around 1,700 for a total piece count of 4,400 including an exclusive Iron Man figure. Just speculation, no clue what the $500 set is now.

Yeah, Instagram being a broken mess is definitely going to be a problem going into $500 set leak/rumour season (October) for it's stated 11th November release. It'll probably be important to check around multiple users as we won't be able to see their posts on hashtags unless Instagram fixes this mess.

I think that's definately possible, and it would be pretty cool. Though the MOC image looks rather static, I'd hope they'd be able to do a more dynamic diorama.

Do we know if this was a mistake, or some dumb thing they're doing intentionally? Like, has anyone asked their customer service (do they even have customer service?). 

I know it's just about legoleaks, which aren't super essential info, but it does kinda spook me to be reminded how easily these sites can just... turn off the flow of information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since everything regarding the $500 set has been pretty thoroughly debunked, do we still know for sure if it’s a Marvel set at least? I’d be laughing my megablocks off if it turns out to be a DC one after all the discussion and speculation :laugh_hard:

That Hulkbuster vs Hulk scene would be an amazing set though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, empiresperish said:

Really long time lurker here, but I had to chime in; everyone has been writing Hulkbuster and no one seems to be preparing themselves for the obvious $500 "Hulkbust." :oh:

What an incredible hulking bust of a set that would be. I might just turn green with rage.

Edited by icm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since everything regarding the $500 set has been pretty thoroughly debunked, do we still know for sure if it’s a Marvel set at least? I’d be laughing my megablocks off if it turns out to be a DC one after all the discussion and speculation :laugh_hard:

That Hulkbuster vs Hulk scene would be an amazing set though 

At this point we might as well say it's going to be Dobby's sock, but perhaps scaled up for Hulk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, icm said:

What an incredible hulking bust of a set that would be. I might just turn green with rage.

I think you meant "green with joy"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Do we know if this was a mistake, or some dumb thing they're doing intentionally? Like, has anyone asked their customer service (do they even have customer service?). 

I know it's just about legoleaks, which aren't super essential info, but it does kinda spook me to be reminded how easily these sites can just... turn off the flow of information.

Are you logged in to instagram and its broken? If not Im pretty sure its an attempt to force people to login. As a non logged in user I just see top 9 posts for the hashtag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Are you logged in to instagram and its broken? If not Im pretty sure its an attempt to force people to login. As a non logged in user I just see top 9 posts for the hashtag.

I am logged in, and it’s broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who were speculating on the Black Panther 2 trailer, I'd probably lean to around NYCC 2022 from October 6th-9th, so the sets will release prior but at least the second trailer should not be far after.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

At this point we might as well say it's going to be Dobby's sock, but perhaps scaled up for Hulk?

I've never seen Hulk wearing socks... but your point is made. We really have no clue on the $500 set.

We can perhaps lean towards generalized information that was reported such as the remark on a Hulkbuster MKII set, but that may have been mixed up with the January sets.

Logically it'd probably be something that is based on an iconic aspect from Infinity War or Endgame however Black Panther and potentially Captain Marvel should be under consideration under the idea they were financially succesful solo movies. Generally it'd make sense to go for something popular in theory.

We should also factor in the potential for the potential release date of November 11th to be hinting towards it being based on Black Panther Wakanda Forever which releases the same day. Though I don't think that's a wise choice personally as it'd not have had much exposure prior.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know it's just about legoleaks, which aren't super essential info, but it does kinda spook me to be reminded how easily these sites can just... turn off the flow of information.

It's not just Legoleaks, but seemingly any hashtag, which definitely makes it worse. It's going to make finding and relaying Lego information more difficult if this is an intentional change for whatever reason. So last word I'll say on it for the moment is that anyone searching for new information needs to make sure to visit the users themselves who provide it. I really hope it is temporary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Stud said:

Oooh, that kinda looks neat. Still wouldn't get it but it's at least more interesting than just another Hulkbuster.


Ive always found it crazy they never went for a Veronica set. If I can make a buster that fits a minifig inside AND Splits up to all Fit inside Veronica im sure as anything Lego can do it for $500 :tongue:

Ha72YVk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Are you logged in to instagram and its broken? If not Im pretty sure its an attempt to force people to login. As a non logged in user I just see top 9 posts for the hashtag.

I'm logged in, I only see the top 9 posts. 

45 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It's not just Legoleaks, but seemingly any hashtag, which definitely makes it worse. It's going to make finding and relaying Lego information more difficult if this is an intentional change for whatever reason. So last word I'll say on it for the moment is that anyone searching for new information needs to make sure to visit the users themselves who provide it. I really hope it is temporary.

I mean it's going to make finding and relying ANY information more difficult...  And I can't find anything about it in the news...I don't like this. I feel like people should have noticed and written articles by now.

 

@Ghostcat That is an AWESOME Veronica moc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given all the apparently delays and pushbacks, coupled with present day inflation, we should probably consider that the $500 set probably won't be $500 if/when it releases on November 11th. I feel acknowledging that might be beneficial now to prepare ourselves for any price fluctuations. We've been referring to it as the $500 set for a while as we don't know what it is unfortunately, but that pricing and information was from November 2021 and times have changed unfortunately.

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

Oooh, that kinda looks neat. Still wouldn't get it but it's at least more interesting than just another Hulkbuster.

Personally I'd be fine with just Hulkbuster, if it's like a definitive perfect version, I'd consider it even if the pricing was high. I want a Hulkbuster that I can pose and display and always enjoyed Lego venturing into mech builds - plus the Hulkbuster concept is technically a guy in a mech suit wearing a mech suit, which is pretty awesome for the concept :tongue:

I've always liked builds with dark red so they appeal to me asthetically and I think it could easily improve a lot over the flaws of the previous version that people remarked on. Ideally would like a MK1 which was focused on more but I could easily see the MKII being the more likely if it winds up being the D2C given the original remarks by Promobricks way back in November last year. I'm curious as to what it'll wind up being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the main reason we probably never got Veronica is that it's probably just not all that interesting to the average kid. They'd probably have to double the price of the set if it was able to fit the whole Hulkbuster inside, and at the end of the day, Veronica is just a red and gray box. A cool box that could have some very neat functionality, but a box nonetheless. It's also only in one scene in the entire MCU, so that probably hasn't helped either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I think the main reason we probably never got Veronica is that it's probably just not all that interesting to the average kid. They'd probably have to double the price of the set if it was able to fit the whole Hulkbuster inside, and at the end of the day, Veronica is just a red and gray box. A cool box that could have some very neat functionality, but a box nonetheless. It's also only in one scene in the entire MCU, so that probably hasn't helped either.

I agree with most of those points, but as for the last one... well, so is the mk1 Hulkbuster :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think the main reason we probably never got Veronica is that it's probably just not all that interesting to the average kid. They'd probably have to double the price of the set if it was able to fit the whole Hulkbuster inside, and at the end of the day, Veronica is just a red and gray box. A cool box that could have some very neat functionality, but a box nonetheless. It's also only in one scene in the entire MCU, so that probably hasn't helped either.

Most Star wars sets are boxes, Its still a spaceship at the end of the day though. They do pretty great with kids just slap some stud shooters on it too!  They did the prison already even though it was super inaccurate!

4D651213-3F32-4B13-944C-36574802B1CE.thumb.jpeg.f00180b6c65d77f814c1a17f2fdb6bf0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

They did the prison already even though it was super inaccurate!

They did the prision as like 15 pieces in a Hulkbuster set. Veronica would have to be at least as many parts as a hulkbuster. A playscale one might be Possible (Not anytime soon though given we know the next hulkbuster is from IW), but if it wasn't for the fact that we just got a $350 black panther bust I'd say there's absolutely no chance of a $500 veronica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They did the prision as like 15 pieces in a Hulkbuster set. Veronica would have to be at least as many parts as a hulkbuster. A playscale one might be Possible (Not anytime soon though given we know the next hulkbuster is from IW), but if it wasn't for the fact that we just got a $350 black panther bust I'd say there's absolutely no chance of a $500 veronica.

Oh for sure I was just stipulating that its a shame in general it didnt get anything.

I still think AoU still got one of the best waves of Lego we have seen for a movie. I cant really see much fault in it.

 

Im just hoping the New Quinjet is based on it even though the first one was pretty much perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if a full body Hulkbuster would look as good as I'd hope. I didn't like the approach to the last large one and if even Mark Stafford can't make authentic curves and angles accurate on a huge Black Panther bust, do I really expect Lego to sculpt a domed head with detailed bricks this time around? I'm thinking about their approach to an easily buildable and non-frustrating assembly and the legs/shoulders on the last one. I was joking but I wouldn't be surprised to see a static Hulkbuster bust (that can maybe open to show a smaller, sort of BP-sized Iron Man bust?) The prior microbuild nod to Veronica was nice but I can't imagine a much bigger one unless they include a lot of other medium sized side builds too. 

I could also see a static Iron Man figure build selling to mass audiences. With the amount of times I've almost bought a Hot Toys figure, a lego version doesn't seem that outrageous.

Either way I'll probably only be getting the smaller January Hulbuster since they get better each iteration. I only have the budget for one overpriced $500 dollar set and unfortunately I'm a Harry Potter completionist. 

I love reading through this topic and how passionate everyone is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, empiresperish said:

I don't know if a full body Hulkbuster would look as good as I'd hope. I didn't like the approach to the last large one

$500+ would give them a lot more wiggle room given the previous version was around $120. We're talking over 4x the budget. At such a scale it'd be easier to provide detailing. I'd also expect them to have taken in feedback, so chances are they'd focus on display.

Though admittedly we're probably getting too hyped up on the idea of it being the Hulkbuster, it could still wind up being a Black Panther 2 Vehicle given the potential release date on the same day as Black Panther 2. We're unlikely to see the set until late October but I really do hope it is the Hulkbuster, such a big mech would surely introduced a lot of new elements that one could use for mech builds let alone just seeing a $500+ Lego mech, like the closest we have is Bowser and that's around $270...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

$500+ would give them a lot more wiggle room given the previous version was around $120. We're talking over 4x the budget. At such a scale it'd be easier to provide detailing. I'd also expect them to have taken in feedback, so chances are they'd focus on display.

:thumbup: I do think a static model is more likely if it's not BP related, however....

Their design philosophy is still the same, regardless of budget or 18+ branding. When I look at the cutaway of the BP Bust and how the shaping is secondary to simple subassemblies attached to a block frame it doesn't inspire confidence of the kind of fidelity we'd want. I can imagine utilizing those semi-new quarter panel city windows would be the first thing they'd try, or the stacked approach like R2D2. ...Or a new 20x20x10 printed dome piece just to avoid the headache.

None of those warrant $500 to me, and unfortunately I can't see a complex multi-hinged, multi-axis, multi-piece dome passing any structural or building requirements. My pickiness increases exponentially with every 100 dollar increment, so regardless of what it ends up being I'd hope they put their best effort to impress and push the capabilities of bricks forward (like Browser, actually).

I picked up the Hulbuster set for the pieces and ever since Ransom Fern's build is the highlight of my Iron Man display. It would take an unearthly masterpiece to dethrone that regardless of stability or budget differences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.