Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, hvader said:

Honestly another cmf would not be bad at all

That would be a good way to do it. I assume the previous one sold well so fingers crossed. Trouble is the wider the gap between series the more content there is to cover. If there are 12 figures, it's probably only one per show! 

6 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

That would be a good way to do it. I assume the previous one sold well so fingers crossed. Trouble is the wider the gap between series the more content there is to cover. If there are 12 figures, it's probably only one per show! 

For a show like Ms Marvel, one minifigure is enough.  in my opinion.  The important thing is not to occupy half the slot for what if ... 🙄🙄🙄

There really should have been another Disney+ CMF series this year if they aren't going to bother with sets.  Too much content is getting released for a 12 figure CMF series to adequately cover if it's being released 2+ years after the first.  Even then, I imagine a decent number of notable characters would have been left out (What If?... got extra attention and still ended up with major omissions)  And considering how often characters in the MCU get new outfit designs, waiting for show characters to be released in movie sets is only a partial solution.  

30 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

For a show like Ms Marvel, one minifigure is enough.  in my opinion.  The important thing is not to occupy half the slot for what if ... 🙄🙄🙄

what i'd really like is 4 out of the 12 figures to be based on captain america....

Edited by squiz18

If they do all the essential characters, in the new cmf, that is, Hawkeye, Kate, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, Mr. Knight, She-Hulk, and Werewolf by Night, then we’ll still have 5 characters they can make

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

If they do all the essential characters, in the new cmf, that is, Hawkeye, Kate, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, Mr. Knight, She-Hulk, and Werewolf by Night, then we’ll still have 5 characters they can make

Secret Invasion, Echo and Loki also arrive before September. Add Fury, a skrull, Loki, female Loki and Echo and it's 12 😁

Edited by Legocentrico

Here's the ideal list IMO:

Spoiler

1. Hawkeye

2. Kate Bishop

3. Moon Knight

4. Mr. Knight

5. Ms. Marvel

6. She-Hulk

7. Daredevil (red and yellow)

8. Werewolf by Night

9. Echo

10. Kingpin

11. Fury w/Skrull Head

12. Loki (season 2 outfit)

Here's what I think we're more likely to get, based on the last one:

Spoiler

1. Kate Bishop

2. Moon Knight

3. Layla

4. Ms. Marvel

5. She-Hulk

6. Titana

7. Echo

8. Fury (but no skrull head)

9. What if

10. What if

11. What if

12. What if

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I think another reason why Lego may have skipped the more recent D+ series (at least for the time being) is that most of the major characters present in them are going to show up again sooner or later. Sure, they could have made Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel sets (or just done another CMF), but aside from some of the main antagonists, we could, and probably will, get Lego versions of all the main characters at some point. I imagine that given the insane amount of MCU projects releasing at the moment, Lego has simply decided to prioritize the ones that will be more profitable, knowing that most of the characters they aren't making will end up being available later on.

11 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think another reason why Lego may have skipped the more recent D+ series (at least for the time being) is that most of the major characters present in them are going to show up again sooner or later.

Yeah, I think that‘s a good explanation. Still pretty sucky, as most characters get a new costume every time they show up, so we‘re missing out on some really cool variants here :cry_sad:

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, I think that‘s a good explanation. Still pretty sucky, as most characters get a new costume every time they show up, so we‘re missing out on some really cool variants here :cry_sad:

This is true, but between there only being so many CMF slots per year, as well as the fact that they can bet on many of these characters appearing at a later time, there isn't as much of a rush to use budget and design resources for the figs. 

Also, if LEGO wants to keep up with CMFs generally being exclusive, they may want to wait to know if the same design will be used later before they put them as a "CMF exclusive" that falls flat. To some degree, this may be why they feel comfortable doing more What If figures: They know they will generally stay exclusive, and they are something more unique as a result (and inherently, considering some of the What If designs).

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Also, if LEGO wants to keep up with CMFs generally being exclusive, they may want to wait to know if the same design will be used later before they put them as a "CMF exclusive" that falls flat.

Makes sense, the concept art from Thunderbolts shows Bucky costume has no updates from the show. And Wanda barely changed in MoM.

Lego has always exploited the margin for improvement of the minifigure, especially the most desirable ones.  Like Scarlet Witch who got the decorated crown a few months after the cmf ... I don't think Lego would miss the opportunity to sell a Ms. Marvel or a Daredevil just because the character will appear in a movie.  More likely they will sell the first version and find a way to make the new version even more desirable ... and we will buy them both.

Edited by Legocentrico

They can easily do a cmf in august 2023 as the first boxed cmf and cover all the main characters from the shows like

1. Hawkeye

2. Kate Bishop

3. Moon Knight

4. Ms. Marvel

5. She Hulk 

6. Nick Fury 

7. Talos

8. Werewolf by Night

9. Echo 

10. Loki (season 2) (potentially)

11. Iron Heart (potentially) 

The last spot or spots can be taken by Scarlet Scarab, Daredevil, Hulk, Infinity Ultron, or someone else from the shows 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They can easily do a cmf in august 2023 as the first boxed cmf and cover all the main characters from the shows like

The last spot or spots can be taken by Scarlet Scarab, Daredevil, Hulk, Infinity Ultron, or someone else from the shows 

I'd replace Talos with Mr. Knight, but then again a third of these would be What If S2 characters anyway...

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd replace Talos with Mr. Knight, but then again a third of these would be What If S2 characters anyway...

Talos and Fury are the leads of the show so they both would get figures over Mr.Knight. With the large volume of shows they have to cover in a second series I don’t think what it would get as many figures if any

I agree with theLegoBatman, I do not see another CMF series for Marvel.

I guess Marvel Comic CMF may do ok.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I'd really expect Champions/Young Avengers to be the D+ teamup counterpart to the Avengers, and I think that's more likely to get sets than another D+ spanning cmf.

If thats the case, we can likely cross off characters like Hawkeye, Kate, and Ms Marvel from getting CMF figs at all.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, hvader said:

You're forgetting Elsa Bloodstone in Werewolf-By-Night, she's also a main character right alongside WBN.

Honestly, I would prefer WBN get it's own set since it's a Halloween Special and not a series like the rest. I Am Groot and the tGotG Holiday Special both got sets but then again, WBN looks like it'll be pretty dark and push the limits of horror on D+. Maybe they didn't do a set for the Halloween special because they thought it would be too scary for kids, which I get but maaaaaannn I would have absolutely loved that...

Edited by ToaDraco

Potential for spoilers/speculation regarding characters appearing in future movies, hereby decreasing likelihood of them getting included in CMF Series 2.

Spoiler

• Nick Fury is scheduled to appear in Captain Marvel 2, I doubt they would not include him in a set.
  • Unless Talos dies in Secret Invasion, which I doubt, he'll probably show up in Captain Marvel 2 and probably associated set.
  • Given we did not get a variant costume for Wanda or Vision, I doubt they would include Kamala in the CMF series, it's more likely she just appears in the Captain Marvel 2 set.
  • Iron Heart is already getting two of her suits represented in Black Panther: WF so it's likely Lego will want to make a set based off her series, especially given how much they like mechs. She'll probably become the new 'Iron Man Suit' collection gimmick.
  • What If Season 2 only has 9 episodes. 76201 and 76194 have overlap with Season 2 along with some of the CMF Series 1 figures. They have 7 episodes they could draw inspiration from for figures and the most interesting we are aware of currently features 'Odin' who may possibly get a figure but is more likely to be saved for a Thor Legacy Set down the line.

As such my list of figures would be:

1. US Agent Blue outfit with Shield (TF&TWS)
  2. Hawkeye with 1x2 tile 'Rogers The Musical' ticket (Hawkeye)
  3. Kate Bishop with Lucky (Hawkeye)
  4. Moon Knight with crescent blade (Moon Knight)
  5. Scarlet Scarab with wings (Moon Knight)
  6. She-Hulk (She-Hulk)
  7. Daredevil (She-Hulk/Echo)
  8. Echo (Echo)
  9. Kingpin (Echo/Hawkeye)
  10. Loki (Loki S2)
  11. Mobius M. Mobius (Loki S1/S2)
  12. Infinity Ultron (What If S1)

You could take out Daredevil & Kingpin and replace them with 'What If S2' characters if Lego want to hold off on Daredevil/Kingpin until the Disney+ series.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Maybe they didn't do a set for the Halloween special because they thought it would be too scary for kids, which I get but maaaaaannn I would have absolutely loved that...

I think the black & white asthetic of Werewolf By Night might remove it from figure possibilities for a CMF - if you are doing sets you generally want to do something vibrant to catch peoples eye. Werewolf By Night & Man Thing have been shown on a Disney Attraction, so it's possible they will show up in future Marvel installments such as Secret Wars so I'd lean more towards us getting them later on.

76214 Water Wars

Minifigures: Black Panther, Okoye, M'Baku, Ironheart and Namor

Description:

Put your little superhero at the helm of the iconic Royal Sea Leopard from Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. LEGO® Marvel Black Panther: Water Wars (76214) features tons of fun details and familiar characters for Black Panther fans ages 8 and up.

The Royal Sea Leopard is the spectacular ship from the movie Black Panther: Wakanda Forever from Marvel Studios. This cool toy set includes 2 launchers and loads of extras, including a dungeon, weapon and ammo storage compartments, tools and 2 buildable drones. Both drones, which can be parked on the ship's deck, each have 2 launchers and retractable rotors.

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

76214 Water Wars

Minifigures: Black Panther, Okoye, M'Baku, Ironheart and Namor

Description:

Put your little superhero at the helm of the iconic Royal Sea Leopard from Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. LEGO® Marvel Black Panther: Water Wars (76214) features tons of fun details and familiar characters for Black Panther fans ages 8 and up.

The Royal Sea Leopard is the spectacular ship from the movie Black Panther: Wakanda Forever from Marvel Studios. This cool toy set includes 2 launchers and loads of extras, including a dungeon, weapon and ammo storage compartments, tools and 2 buildable drones. Both drones, which can be parked on the ship's deck, each have 2 launchers and retractable rotors.

No Namora is disappointing, but otherwise sounds like a great set! Hoping it's a Wakanda or Talocan themed ship rather than just a regular cargo ship though.

Despite not knowing the size of her role, disappointed to hear there's no Namora. Can't complain too much, this set does have 4 exclusive figures, assuming Namor will be the same as the Throne.

Though we also don't know how much of a role Attuma plays in the film too, she could've replaced him in either set. Could've been cool to get Aneka too, as her costume was shown recently and looks so cool. Like a Wakandan Predator.

I guess this boat is what we've seen in the trailer, when the Dora Milaje are shown fighting the Talocanians