Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

If it's not mico-scale, or minifigure scale, it must be a quantum scale version of the ship from the Antman and the Wasp set. $500 for a set you can't even see or be sure you've got it in your hands / dropped it. It's the perfect business strategy - a $500 box of air!

This thing needs to leak soon, or else the speculation is going to go wild! Like others if it's a vehicle, but not a quinjet for a few others mentioned. I have no clue (which is probably why they assume it won't be liked)

If it's not something top of mind, there probably in trouble. Milano would be surprising with a decent size already out. For Marvel there are only so many iconic vehicles, and even that is a stretch.

Well, I'm completely dumbfounded. Uncertainty is at an all time high, but so is excitement. I can't remember the last time there was a price point like this in a theme I enjoy collecting with the info we currently have and I still have no clue what it is.

Also, I've never understood leaker methodology with this sort of thing. If you can say, "It's not this, this, this, or this, and it is like this, but few people will like it..." but not reveal any more, what prevents more clarity? Not saying they have an imperative to reveal more or anything, just trying to understand the methodology. Thanks for any help!

is it confirmed to be MCU ?

or is it just Marvel

how about a supercar sized spider buggy

Spider Buggy. by WolfeHanson on DeviantArt

Edited by Mattallica

Yeah, I never considered it might not be MCU but I feel like the leakers would have clarified if it was or was not. If it's comic based, I guess it could be literally anything. 

I'm having a really difficult time even imagining anything that could be a $500 lego Marvel set that is a vehicle. Surely it would have to be more than 1 vehicle, right? Lego has never (rarely) made a single vehicle that expensive besides recent Star Wars UCS. 

Edited by MasterofElements

I am so lost as to what this set could possibly be at this point. I have 0 interest in buying a $500 Marvel set if it’s not Avenger’s Tower or a Helicarrier, and I’m not even sure if I’d be super interested in the latter. Fortunately, that saves me a lot of money lol. I never thought the NWH final battle would be done as a $500 set and as of right now, it probably won’t be done at any size until next August or beyond. 

If it’s a vehicle, there’s not much to choose from. The Hulkbuster is already another set. A UCS Quinjet wouldn’t have worked as a $500 set. A UCS Milano is the only possible thing I could think of, probably not even the Benatar as Lego just made a large D2C-esque version last summer. It *could* be one of Thanos’ ships but are they really that iconic?

Regardless, I think I’m ready to write this year off as a very “meh” one for the theme. There were a handful of good sets and good minifigures (unfortunately, there were also a lot of good minifigures in bad sets and bad minifigures in good sets, but such is the way of things with Lego Super Heroes), but overall, it’s a massive step-down from how great 2021 was for the theme. I think it’s crazy that Lego did more for the twentieth anniversary of Harry Potter (which might I remind you, was essentially dead in the water for like half of those years), while Lego did nothing to celebrate Marvel, one of the biggest brands on the planet. I doubt the Hulkbuster and $500 set will both even come out this year. Still, a better year that what DC had, yeesh. :laugh:

Random vehicle, there’s not a lot in the MCU - maybe it’s another version of that Sunbird from Wakanda Forever.

So they’re not always totally reliable, but one of the guys that maintains the Reddit leak page said that he heard that it ties into an upcoming movie. I wouldn’t put too much stock into it, but it’s worth noting.

…I’m probably the only one that would get an ant man play set that size, right?

UCS super size Blank Panther Jet! Just in time for the sequel.

$500 is such a big number. If you took a SW standard UCS, $199 old $240 new. $250-$350 would be more than enough for any MCU vehicle. Whatever it is, does not need a $500 Razorcrest version!

Edited by Frizzlefry25

What if there's a Christmas themed Benatar that appears in the Holiday Special that is the $500 set? Or some kind of niche, exclusive large ship we don't know about yet ($500 Santa Sleigh?) 

Is it a vehicle? Yes

Is it expensive enough? Yes

Is it surprising? Yes

Is it part of a movie that is coming out? Yes

Would some people be upset that were getting a niche thing? Yes

Hints/Clues/Remarks:

• It's a vehicle (jjpsleakssite)
  • It's not micro scaled (jjpsleakssite)
  • It's not minifigure scaled (jjpsleakssite)
  • It is not Fantastic Four or X-Men related (jjpsleakssite)
  • Not the Avengers Tower (Brickclicker)
  • Not the Helicarrier (Brickclicker)
  • Not the Quinjet (jjpsleakssite)
  • Described as 'Unique' (jjpsleakssite)
  • Probably won't be received well (jjpsleakssite. Brickclicker)
  • It can be viewed in some sense as a celebration of the franchise (Link)
  • It has minifigures (Link)
  • It was not something actively suggested by the community (Link)

The main thing for me is the remark that it's not microscaled or minifigure scaled, so we are either dealing with a vehicle that's massive that was scaled down a lot or a vehicle that was smaller that's been upscaled.

My main selection is now Q-Ship, Sanctuary II or Hulkbuster MK1 that fits the buildable Iron Man from earlier in the year.

Edited by Scarilian

Maybe I just REALLY don’t have a good pulse for what vehicle would be considered “iconic” enough for a $500 set, but based on all these conditions I can’t think of a single thing. Something listed above either isn’t true, or LEGO is about to trot out a very expensive vehicle most people will just go “oh yeah I guess that was in the MCU” at.

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

UCS Goblin Glider

Would a statue of Green Goblin getting impaled by it count as a "vehicle"? 

So it's a 500€ vehicle, and it won't please a lot of people...

To be honest, the fact that it's a 500€ vehicle is already not pleasing me :tongue:

5 hours ago, Mattallica said:

is it confirmed to be MCU ?

or is it just Marvel

how about a supercar sized spider buggy

Spider Buggy. by WolfeHanson on DeviantArt

This would be great, but I can't imagine how it could be 500€ set.

3 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Maybe I just REALLY don’t have a good pulse for what vehicle would be considered “iconic” enough for a $500 set, but based on all these conditions I can’t think of a single thing. Something listed above either isn’t true, or LEGO is about to trot out a very expensive vehicle most people will just go “oh yeah I guess that was in the MCU” at.

Same.

If it comes with minifigures, it could be a Leviathan over a diorama of the bridge scene with the six og Avengers, but I don't see how that could not be received well. Neither a Milano or a Sanctuary II (weird choice for a 500€ set, but still, it's an iconic ship in the MCU).

Anything else it would be just what you said: “oh yeah I guess that was in the MCU”. I think the Dragon Flyer/Royal Talon rumor is more possible than ever.

Tbh I think the Thanoscopter isn't that strange considering all the hints. Although I doubt many people would recognize it so that wouldn't make sense. Funny to see nobody has mentioned the Blackbird yet.. That would be awesome. 

I just hope that the set includes detailed and unique minifigures, but if the set does includes figures they're probably missing leg printing or whatever haha. 

…this is a $500 set. Why are people suggesting vehicles with only a few seconds of screentime?! Even with Star Wars they‘re very selective about what deserves a set at such a high price point :tongue:

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…this is a $500 set. Why are people suggesting vehicles with only a few seconds of screentime?! Even with Star Wars they‘re very selective about what deserves a set at such a high price point :tongue:

Because the ones with a significant amount of screen time (Helicarrier and Quinjet) have already been debunked by leakers and then there is the one that already has a UCS style set (the Benatar)

There really isn’t a large amount of vehicles to choose from especially if it ties in to an upcoming movie. 

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

100% Coulson's flying car then!

Definition of Vehicle - a thing used for transporting people or goods. --- You guys are missing the obvious. Were getting a Rainbow Bridge!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

100% Coulson's flying car then!

Definition of Vehicle - a thing used for transporting people or goods. --- You guys are missing the obvious. Were getting a Rainbow Bridge!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

UCS Ant-thony with an Ant-Man that works as a Giant-Man too.

Oh... Now I want that.

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because we know it's not the Quinjet, Helicarrier, Milano, and Benatar, and those are the only iconic Marvel vehicles honestly.

Unless it's a... 500€ THANOS-COPTER.

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because there's 4 vehicles that people will actually remember, and they habe been all confirmed not to be the thing.

Then we also have the Sanctuary 2 that is only iconic by name, and the weird circle ship from Infinity War but I genuinely don't know who'd claim that one as their favourite ship.

I can't think of anything it could plausibly be other than the Sanctuary II.  Comparing it to the information we know:

-It's a vehicle

-It'd probably be too big to be considered microscale, but would have to be scaled down too much to be minifigure scale (and wouldn't have much potential for an interior regardless, considering very little of the inside is ever shown)

-It's not something I've seen people really ask for (certainly not at a $500 price point), and I'm not sure how many people would be interested in it, but it would probably disappoint any people still expecting Avengers Tower.

-Considering how many Endgame minifigures people are still waiting for LEGO to make, I could see some being included as a selling point (There's certainly more potential than the Q-Ship would have in terms of potential minifigure selection)

-An Endgame themed set could be considered a celebration of the franchise, considering Endgame itself can be described as such.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Also, nobody has outright confirmed it to be a vehicle, have they? :tongue: I‘d prefer a Thanos statue over a vehicle with 4 femtoseconds of screentime any day

Edited by BrickBob Studpants