Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Iron Man armoury set is currently £20 off on Amazon UK, certainly a better grab than £80 so I've finally bought it

Yeah I saw that. I'm still hoping to get it for £50. Not sure how realistic that is. I'll probably end up getting it full price in a panic just before it retires

54 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'd suspect, perhaps, it's a USC Benatar, only slightly bigger than the Benatar we currently have but costing a lot more. 

You're saying the 2021 benatar was so good that they decided to make a actual UCS version despite the last one only just coming out and people already call it a UCS?

Like I guess if it had the actual drop pod I guess? but not this soon. give it a couple years or GOTG3  

The Milano would make more sense as a new GOTG set tbh

Edited by Ghostcat

50 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

You're saying the 2021 benatar was so good that they decided to make a actual UCS version despite the last one only just coming out and people already call it a UCS?

Like I guess if it had the actual drop pod I guess? but not this soon. give it a couple years or GOTG3  

The Milano would make more sense as a new GOTG set tbh

These are all really good reasons it can't be the Benetar... I'm now convinced it's the Benetar.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I’m now convinced that it’s NWH final battle

Selling that as a 500€ set wouldn't make any kind of sense business-wise.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think you and I have had this conversation before, but IMO if any marvel set besides the avengers tower is gonna be $500, the Liberty Parlance is the best bet as to what would actually sell. I'd compare it to the death star set, something they could keep selling for years past normal retirement because kids would save for YEARS to buy this.

Here are my guesses:

The good: NWH set

The bad: Avengers icons set

The ugly: UCS deadpool head/mask (life sized) (sound brick that swears at you if you remove a part)

The "eh, alright": UCS Avengers 1 quinjet (which totally could be made at $500)

51 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Are we even sure this big set is a Marvel set and not something from DC?

It's Marvel and as much as we'd like it all to be it looks like it isn't No Way Home based sadly. I'd guess anything based on that film will be Summer 2023 at the earliest

I don't think our guesses are in the right mindset: it seems to be either an insanely neat sounding set that would be fantastic (AT, X mansion, NWH) or maybe the worst sounding set I've ever heard of. We need to be dreaming medium--at the very least, that's what I've gotten from the hints we have so far. Not great, not terrible, just kind of a mixed bag. 

jjpsleakssite has now said that it is a vehicle and not a location, thus ruling out the bust or diorama theories. This rules out any location (Avengers Tower, Xmansion, etc) or the prior Iron Man with Infinity Gauntlet theories. This is unusual! 

Edited by MasterofElements

3 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I think @Brick Clicker said its neither minifig scale or micro scale. 
and its not a icons set. Am i right?

What, so that really only leaves UCS-scale vehicles, doesn't it? Milano or Quinjet are the two options that jump out at me. Maybe the Sanctuary II but that seems pretty niche for $500. In my opinion, the MCU doesn't have any vehicle as iconic as something like an X-Wing or the Hogwarts Express.

Man, I'm really hoping this is another "gotcha" leak like the Uncharted situation earlier this year. Avengers/Stark Tower just makes so much sense.

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I think @Brick Clicker said its neither minifig scale or micro scale. 
and its not a icons set. Am i right?

Yes, that's correct. So in total (some taken from BrickBob):

• The set is neither minifig nor microscaled
  • It’s not an AT, nor a quinjet
  • It isn‘t Icons collection 2.0
  • it is a vehicle and not a location 

Most likely options IMO:

Something Tony Stark related, like a car of his or something. Maybe something like "Tony's Garage" with a hot rod, some busts, and an arc reactor (but this is kind of icons)

The Leviathan, though thats not "vehicle"

A huge Sanctuary II. 

UCS Benatar 

Statesman from Thor Ragnarok

17 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

jjpsleakssite has now said that it is a vehicle and not a location, thus ruling out the bust or diorama theories. This rules out any location (Avengers Tower, Xmansion, etc) or the prior Iron Man with Infinity Gauntlet theories. This is unusual! 

Someone asked him if the set is unique like a huge quinjet or a giant marvel brick built logo

he said “it is unique, not a quinjet but u have the right idea”

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

Someone asked him if the set is unique like a huge quinjet or a giant marvel brick built logo

he said “it is unique, not a quinjet but u have the right idea”

I asked him if it could be a location based set like the Jurassic Park gate, to which he said: "its a vehicle not a location"

Edited by MasterofElements

2 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Most likely options IMO:

Something Tony Stark related, like a car of his or something. Maybe something like "Tony's Garage" with a hot rod, some busts, and an arc reactor (but this is kind of icons)

A huge Sanctuary II. 

UCS Benatar 

I kind of doubt any of these other than the sanctuary 2 would be made, but if I'm wrong, I want you to shove this in my face.

The sanctuary 2 did show up in JJP's story, which could be the hint he was talking about, but that seems a little strange as the largest marvel set of all time.

Personally, if not the quinjet, I would guess the milano, seeing as how well the guardians movies have been recieved, but I just cannot be sure at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I kind of doubt any of these other than the sanctuary 2 would be made, but if I'm wrong, I want you to shove this in my face.

The sanctuary 2 did show up in JJP's story, which could be the hint he was talking about, but that seems a little strange as the largest marvel set of all time.

Personally, if not the quinjet, I would guess the milano, seeing as how well the guardians movies have been recieved, but I just cannot be sure at this point. 

The milano or anything guardians makes sense except that supposedly the community is likely to dislike the set, which means it would be something either unwanted or unnecessary for the price point. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why not? 

Like, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's going to be that, but Lego could 100% get away with making the NWH set 500€.

22 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

I asked him if it could be a location based set like the Jurassic Park gate, to which he said: "its a vehicle not a location"

What if it ends up being the Thanoscopter?

I joke, but the MCU has like 4 vehicles people can actually recognise, let alone care about (and I'm counting the Quinjet and Helicarrier), so I genuinely can't think of what it is.

I know the Sanctuary 2 is sorta important but do we actually get to see it from the outside in the movies? I only saw the movie when it came out and for the life of me I wouldn't be able to describe it to someone.

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, MasterofElements said:

Most likely options IMO:

A huge Sanctuary II. 

UCS Benatar 

😂 I love these theories but no

It makes sense that it's not a modular building, 1 a year is usually what Lego do. I woulda loved it to be an Avengers Tower though so hopfully next year?. I still really hope we get a modular Oscorp one day too!. You could have Peter Parker getting bitten, lots of villian origins too. Plus they teased Curt Conners in the Daily Bugle so having him in the set would be great.

Anyway one idea I was thinking of that could be good; what if it's a statue of Stan Lee (similar to how we had brick built minifigures in the Harry Potter line awhile back), but with some other things like a Spiderman comic, props from his cameos, Tony Stank parcel etc (similar to the UCS Hedwig).  

Edited by Undi3sss

So it's a vehicle, not a quinjet, and controversial. I feel like one of these has to give, because there honestly isn't anything I can think of that fits all three criteria there.

I think the Milano is a possible option, and they're just stoking flames by saying it'll be controversial or whatever.

Did the helicarrier get ruled out? Not sure how controversial that would be.

If it is confirmed a vehicle I am very uninterested. Id say our best bet is the Milano even though I do not think too mnay people are interested in that. I dont see any other vehicle in the MCU warranting a price of 500 dollars. Statesman was in the movies for like 30 seconds so its 100% not that. Personally Id love a Sanctuary II but i dont see the odds of that happening either.