Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I think if you mirrored the Sanctum it would extend beyond the base plate by 1/2 a stud on each side or you could try to tighten the angle, either way it wouldn't be an easy mod and a pretty big overhaul.

I'm 2/3rds done the Sanctum and overall I'm loving the set, but I do wish the designer gave us a back alley of 4 studs instead of 6 studs though... 6 studs feels quite wasteful, especially with the mainfloor feeling so cramped. 

When I eventually get the set, Ill likely dismantle (after building it once) and merge it into a partial (ground floor mostly) version I was building prior to the rumours of this set. I'd change to a baseplate and a half (48x32). Id mirror the sides tho roof corners might need alternating someway due to missing sand green piece (could change roof to black but Id prefer sand green myself) and extend depth to back edge (don't care about alleys on modulars). Id add a second floor instead of the fake first/second floors on the exterior. Redo the staircase either to be modular/replaceable or build a collapsable feature for Banner crashing through in IW. I'd remove removal walls and the portal play features and have the portals setup as in DS1 with static/replaceable portals instead of the slide.

Can understand why designer didnt do all of the above though as cost would ramp up. My version will definitely steal the corner design as that was what I was struggling with most and from what Ive seen of the set and the instructions, the designer has done an amazing job even though I agree with majority who complain about the space/size.

The Assembly Square modular might make for a good companion building for its neighbour if the mirrored corner lines up with it as an alternative to its neighbour in the films/concept art as medium nougat corner on top floors match up so might get that at some point.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A fur piece would've made all the difference. Without it, the minifigure feels plain and too light. M'Baku is a huge guy after all.

I almost wonder if something like Wrecker/Paz Vizla's armor would work here, some new mold combining the chestplate and fur. It really makes those SW characters look like "big guys", but not monstrous or inhumanly large like the axl mold or a bigfig. Sometimes you just need a little extra bulk, and since M'Baku is just a large man, I think it would work.

Though of course, it'd require a new mold.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, Caps Beard said:

I was thinking about this last night. If I could pick what a $500 set would look like (based entirely on my own preference of sets I like) it would be a battle of New York set in a blown up Architecture style with the centre piece being the Leviathan. Very much a display piece.

Again, zero expectation of that, but I’d love it!

I’ve just seen a story from Stu._D on Insta asking how people would feel about a set not too dissimilar to this. 

The story is positioned in a way that suggests it could be this. I for one would love something like it!

21 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

I’ve just seen a story from Stu._D on Insta asking how people would feel about a set not too dissimilar to this. 

The story is positioned in a way that suggests it could be this. I for one would love something like it!

I think it’s more asking a question and not hinting 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Probably, but fun to speculate and potentially start a discussion on how others would feel about such a set

18 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

Probably, but fun to speculate and potentially start a discussion on how others would feel about such a set

Personally, I would find the Battle of NY to be somewhat uninteresting, it's essentially a scene right out of Power Rangers where the heroes are noob stomping hundreds of fodder. I think a small diorama would be better suited for this scene, where you have the Avengers form up in a circle. 

50 minutes ago, Caps Beard said:

I would like that (with minifigures). A decent leviathan and the original avengers teaming up in the middle. Then some Time heist characters round the outside (ancient one, bruce, captain America, iron man, ant man). You could even have kate Bishop watching on

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I think a small diorama would be better suited for this scene, where you have the Avengers form up in a circle

That would have made a nice anniversary set for sure. Would have sold well I’d imagine.

58 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I would like that (with minifigures). A decent leviathan and the original avengers teaming up in the middle. Then some Time heist characters round the outside (ancient one, bruce, captain America, iron man, ant man). You could even have kate Bishop watching on

When I was imagining what a set like that would look like I always pictured a big leviathan as the centre piece and everything else taking place around that.

The thought of what could be done with that idea in a $500 excited me. That’ll be as I’m very much a larger display collector over more play focused / smaller sets.

Edited by Caps Beard

14 hours ago, latenightguy said:

It looks like there isn’t a mirrored Sand Green 3 x 3 Wedge.

6401019.jpg

Yeah, it's just this piece... which is insanely frustrating because it only exists in this set, so the lack of a piece on the other side also means we were robbed of the potential only chance we had for a counterpart to this piece because Sand Green is used rarely. I guess people would have to redesign the roof to mirror it. The alternative is using a sand yellow version for the other side and hope we get Sand Green in the future...

14 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I think if you mirrored the Sanctum it would extend beyond the base plate by 1/2 a stud on each side or you could try to tighten the angle, either way it wouldn't be an easy mod and a pretty big overhaul

Playing around with some concepts, casually. Unsure if it'll go anywhere, probably not, but shall share if it does.

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not to say that I think it's going to be that, but he's wording everything in such a specific way that it sounds like they believe it to be the case.

A nanoscale Avengers Tower? How the hell would that work? Half of NY being included or what? :laugh_hard: We’ve already had a small-scale AT as a GWP before, how would you turn that into a $500 set?

This is the MiCrOsCaLe DiAgOn AlLeY discussion all over again :roflmao:

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A nanoscale Avengers Tower? How the hell would that work? Half of NY being included or what? :laugh_hard: We’ve already had a small-scale AT as a GWP before, how would you turn that into a $500 set?

This is the MiCrOsCaLe DiAgOn AlLeY discussion all over again :roflmao:

Seriously - I feel like people don't understand how microscale actually works. It works for Hogwarts Castle because in universe it's like 10x larger than Avengers Tower, or for the Helicarrier because of the surface area it covers. But it would make 0 sense for Avengers Tower (even if a Leviathan is included) :laugh_hard:

I think people were saying multiple new york buildings, not just the tower. Still doesn't sound like a good $500 set idea to me- I think it could work as a $70-90 diorama, but definately not as a $500 set- but they don't just mean a scaled down avengers tower.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think people were saying multiple new york buildings, not just the tower. Still doesn't sound like a good $500 set idea to me- I think it could work as a $70-90 diorama, but definately not as a $500 set- but they don't just mean a scaled down avengers tower.

I agree an Avengers Tower like the Empire State Architecture set (https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/empire-state-building-21046) at around that price range would work but not $500 set.

How much taller would an Avengers Tower Modular be compared to Daily Bugle. Would it be more than one baseplate even? Seems like it would be more than $500 for an Tower that is correct size compared to Bugle

31 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

I agree an Avengers Tower like the Empire State Architecture set (https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/empire-state-building-21046) at around that price range would work but not $500 set.

How much taller would an Avengers Tower Modular be compared to Daily Bugle. Would it be more than one baseplate even? Seems like it would be more than $500 for an Tower that is correct size compared to Bugle

As someone who only collects Marvel, trying to imagine a set bigger than the Bugle scares me

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

As someone who only collects Marvel, trying to imagine a set bigger than the Bugle scares me

And it's not just bigger than Bugle — it's 300€ vs 500€.

Whatever it is, it's going to be huge.

Promobricks are teasing a video today. No hint towards what it could be, not even what theme it’s about, but here’s to hoping it concerns the D2C set :excited: It’s pretty much the only secret left for this year!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks are teasing a video today. No hint towards what it could be, not even what theme it’s about, but here’s hoping it concerns the D2C set :excited: It’s pretty much the only secret left for this year!

The Winter Village is also yet to be revealed. 

45 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Winter Village is also yet to be revealed. 

Completely forgot about that one! So it’s either that, the D2C set, some juicy 2023 news, or no news at all :grin:

As far as I understand that, it is just a tease for their new YT channel (you can see that the channel has been set up yesterday)

Edited by 8fifty

48 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

As far as I understand that, it is just a tease for their new YT channel (you can see that the channel has been set up yesterday)

Oh. Spoke too soon, it seems. Well then… :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

True, however this is is specific to news, they already have a channel on YouTube. You’d imagine they want to launch a new news channel with some news. Fingers crossed we get the info we all want!

However it’ll likely be confirming a $15 City vegan food cart set for 2023 and we’ll all be desperately disappointed