Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Nobody is really focused on the Advent Calendar builds (most of them are probably the worst micro-build ships ever, especially in contrast to the Star Wars calendars) but the Guardians' stereo is amazing and I'm super stoked to have printed 'awesome mix' tiles. IMO it's better than any of the figures. Hopefully they come with spares on the days they appear. Even Rocket's gun looks really cool and matches the Guardians vibe.

37 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

That was never confirmed as marvel in the first place just superheroes, I'm still holding out hope for a comic based bat cave + Wayne Manor.

Also did the sanctum not make your list? The figures are underwhelming sure but that's not the sort of set you get just for the figures.

Do you really think there's a chance that lego would put that much of an investment into DC after the last two years of neglect? I honestly don't think so, as much as I would love it.

Simple, I put it in the niche category. It's the same as with Venom. I like it, but it definitely isn't for everyone.

Edited by CodFather1

Spider-man & Venom both offer some nice recolours. If the shield pieces are printed then the crotch piece on Spider-man and the chest piece on Venom could be nice reusable pieces. I'm glad Venom encorporates the head piece as shoulder pads, it's a useful piece in black. Curious how Venom would look with the mouth closed, if possible. I feel Spider-man's probably the best designed of the three. Miles feels like the weakest here as he does not offer as much uniqueness.

Unsure why Venom & Miles have obvious red pins while Spider-man has black pins... if this was the other way round it'd stand out a lot less. Hopefully we get a Black-Suited Spider-man and Carnage from this buildable figure line. I feel neither would be too difficult, just colour swapped versions of the pre-existing sets. I'll probably wind up getting Spider-man and Venom.

The remaining 2022 Marvel sets that we know of to be revealed (In expected order)

• 76214 - (Wakanda Forever; 80€, 545 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76215 - (Hulkbuster MK II $350, 2961 pcs) Releasing October
  • 76210 - (499,99€ D2C)
  • 76222 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76224 - (Unknown set, listed on Promobricks.de)

Updated List:

Hide contents

AUGUST:

SEPTEMBER:

• 76225: Miles Morales
  • 76226: Spider-man
  • 76230: Venom
  • 76231: Guardians Of The Galaxy Advent Calendar ($45)

OCTOBER:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241 $14.99
  • 76242: $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: $14.99
  • 76244: $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: $34.99
  • 76247: $49.99
  • 76248: $99.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: $9.99
  • 76254: $34.99
  • 76255: $99.99

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded
2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The $500 set is still coming out this year 

Neat. Any chance something could be released alongside the Hulkbuster MKII or D2C such as a polybag or set with purchase?

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Nobody is really focused on the Advent Calendar builds (most of them are probably the worst micro-build ships ever, especially in contrast to the Star Wars calendars) but the Guardians' stereo is amazing and I'm super stoked to have printed 'awesome mix' tiles. IMO it's better than any of the figures. Hopefully they come with spares on the days they appear. Even Rocket's gun looks really cool and matches the Guardians vibe.

The micro builds are so awful, but the regular ones are great. They'll make for a fantastic little display.

I still have a hard time believing that two huge D2C sets from the same theme get released less than two months apart :tongue: Pretty lackluster planning, if so!

Granted, the alternative (i.e. a DC D2C set with that pricetag) isn‘t particularly realistic either :snicker:

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Unsure why Venom & Miles have obvious red pins while Spider-man has black pins... if this was the other way round it'd stand out a lot less. Hopefully we get a Black-Suited Spider-man and Carnage from this buildable figure line. I feel neither would be too difficult, just colour swapped versions of the pre-existing sets. I'll probably wind up getting Spider-man and Venom.

The fact that they stand out is precisely why they do this. This was a thing with later bionicle lines such as the ignition trilogy and G2, the infamous "red axles and blue pins" issue. Early bionicle sets had black and gray axles and pins only, which fit a lot better color-wise. Lego apparently decided that kids were getting confused over which pieces were which, hence the fact that you almost exclusively now see  43093 in blue and generally see 32062 in red. (it's also why even length axles (4L, 8L, etc) are black and odd length axles are LBG). The color differences are so kids have an easier time identifying the correct parts. 

This was never as much of an issue for me with bionicle, since they were biomechanical in nature, but it is more annoying with these guys for sure. (Personally I think 6-12 year olds can figure it out, but I guess lego doesn't want to take that chance).

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still have a hard time believing that two huge D2C sets from the same theme get released less than two months apart :tongue: Pretty lackluster planning, if so!

Granted, the alternative (i.e. a DC D2C set with that pricetag) isn‘t particularly realistic either :snicker:

Remember the Hulkbuster, too. 3 D2C's in a single HY if they're all marvel. I think that'd be a record.

Honestly I think it is DC. If it wasn't for the Batman's final delay, we would have had ONE set releasing this year, and it was a 4+ set too. Even for DC, that's suspiciously low.

EDIT: And yeah, the flash batmobile set that probably got delayed because of Ezra Miller's decision to see how many crimes a single man can commit before getting arrested, but still, 2 sets would be a new low for DC.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Finished the ground floor of the Sanctum. Been a fun build so far. Love all the little details packed into every little corner. The updated Dr Strange fig is great (I know it's not new to this set but I never got the Gargantos set), although I still prefer the fabric cape personally (and his Infinity War hairpiece, for that matter). 

First time I've seen the new Iron Man helmet up close as well. Now I have it in hand the size doesn't bother me so much. Scale aside it's definitely the best looking of the 3 types imo. 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Remember the Hulkbuster, too. 3 D2C's in a single HY if they're all marvel. I think that'd be a record.

I was referring to the Hulkbuster. The Sanctum got released everywhere on Aug 1st and is thus not a D2C set :wink:

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully we get a Black-Suited Spider-man and Carnage from this buildable figure line. I feel neither would be too difficult, just colour swapped versions of the pre-existing sets.

With how much Lego loves Venom and Carnage judging by the both of them getting helmets and thrown into sets ad nauseum in the past few years, he definitely seems like a very likely choice if these figures end up selling well/decent. Black suit Spider-Man on the other hand, I wouldn't hold my breath (rant incoming).

It's starting to get really annoying how Lego will make literally almost every alternate Spider-Man costume they can think of...except for the one alternate costume that's easily Spider-Man's most iconic and popular suit behind the classic red and blue. It has been an entire decade since SDCC 2012 where Lego made the brilliant decision of choosing the black suit as a Con exclusive figure (where the only exclusive thing about it is the head), and ever since then, they have avoided making a regular release black suit Spider-Man minifigure like the plague. We can get alternate costume minifigures that no one asked for like that knockoff looking Scarlet Spider design, or the Big Time/Stealth suit, or ANOTHER Iron Spider, but forget about ever getting a black Spider-Man head with big white eyes and no extra printing so that we can at least use a spare Venom torso to make one ourselves.

It's gotten to the point where I'm considering just using the head from the Anya Corazon Spider-Girl minifigure and erasing the mouth since it looks absolutely perfect as a semi-purist custom.

Edited by TheBatstan

I really hope these new Spiderman buildable figures flop. I presume they're for young kids but in that case, just get them the actual Marvel Legends figure.

It's sad that these abominations will take up limited warehouse space and subtract from the overall prints budget, while the Sanctum only gets 1 single print and close to 50 stickers. While no one wants more mechs, why can't we get decent dioramas that combine excellent display and play.

81BzOhQ1wdL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Been thinking of other potential buildable figures they could do in this style and the shape of the head coupled with how they recently did Venom's mouth reminded me of Ultron a lot. Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Groot, War Machine would all probably fit the style also.

3 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

It's sad that these abominations will take up limited warehouse space and subtract from the overall prints budget, while the Sanctum only gets 1 single print and close to 50 stickers. While no one wants more mechs, why can't we get decent dioramas that combine excellent display and play.

I don't think its fair to say that these buildable figures are responsible for the Sanctum cheaping out in a lot of ways such as not including about a third of the design, having figures that are lacking in detail and relying almost entirely on sticker. Personally I want mechs, I want to see them eventually get back to the stage of something like Exo-Force or having more Transformers and even the Hulkbuster MKII. Mech's breathe new life into Lego as opposed to stationary buildings or vehicles. I do feel we need to vary from just Iron Man mechs though, be adventurous. Playing with the scale of the mechs could also help.

16 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

With how much Lego loves Venom and Carnage judging by the both of them getting helmets and thrown into sets ad nauseum in the past few years, he definitely seems like a very likely choice if these figures end up selling well/decent. Black suit Spider-Man on the other hand, I wouldn't hold my breath (rant incoming).

True, if the theme survives till 2025 we'll probably have had a Spider-man 4 by then with the Black Suit so maybe we'll be lucky. I'm still surprised we have a Venom & Carnage Bust but no Spider-man Bust... what is Lego doing? :shrug_confused:

23 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The color differences are so kids have an easier time identifying the correct parts.

Neat, did not know that.

Edited by Scarilian

44 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Been thinking of other potential buildable figures they could do in this style and the shape of the head coupled with how they recently did Venom's mouth reminded me of Ultron a lot. Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Groot, War Machine would all probably fit the style also.

Neat, did not know that.

You see, this is what I think they should have done. The buildable figures always look best as robots or armored figures, not as humans in spandex. (Also, how have we not gotten a War Machine mech?)

Yeah, it was a huge controversy and everything. There's some good videos about it on the TTV youtube channel.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You see, this is what I think they should have done. The buildable figures always look best as robots or armored figures, not as humans in spandex.

Agreed, mechs work better with the buildable figures. I think the organic style kinda worked with Venom and Spider-man here though. It's mostly the faces that are the problem and unless they adapt the face piece which seems unlikely they'd probably be best leaning to sets where the characters wear a mask or are robotic.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, how have we not gotten a War Machine mech?

I'd lean towards Avengers Endgame being to blame. They did a War Machine mech for that and I'm guessing it did not sell well. Maybe we'll get a War Machine mech for Armour Wars in late 2024/2025 (?)

I didn't want to dredge up an old thread so firgive me for asking here, are there a bunch of KO Deadpool heads floating around Bricklink? They seem so cheap compared to the whole fig and much more readily available. I'm currently considering buying one from a seller who has like 20 in stock. Thanks very much.

On 8/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, SEmrys said:

Finished the ground floor of the Sanctum. Been a fun build so far. Love all the little details packed into every little corner. The updated Dr Strange fig is great (I know it's not new to this set but I never got the Gargantos set), although I still prefer the fabric cape personally (and his Infinity War hairpiece, for that matter). 

I definitely recommend Gargantos. It’s a really fun set and is surprisingly big for $30. Plus, you could probably make a really cool display of it with the Sanctum.

I agree about the IW hairpiece, that was 100% the perfect piece for Doctor Strange. I don’t know why Lego is so insistent on using that same wavy hairpiece for so many licensed male characters, especially superhero ones.

23 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

It's starting to get really annoying how Lego will make literally almost every alternate Spider-Man costume they can think of...except for the one alternate costume that's easily Spider-Man's most iconic and popular suit behind the classic red and blue. It has been an entire decade since SDCC 2012 where Lego made the brilliant decision of choosing the black suit as a Con exclusive figure (where the only exclusive thing about it is the head), and ever since then, they have avoided making a regular release black suit Spider-Man minifigure like the plague. We can get alternate costume minifigures that no one asked for like that knockoff looking Scarlet Spider design, or the Big Time/Stealth suit, or ANOTHER Iron Spider, but forget about ever getting a black Spider-Man head with big white eyes and no extra printing so that we can at least use a spare Venom torso to make one ourselves.

It's gotten to the point where I'm considering just using the head from the Anya Corazon Spider-Girl minifigure and erasing the mouth since it looks absolutely perfect as a semi-purist custom.

If it’s any consolation, we’re likely getting the Symbiote Suit in the MCU. That’s our best bet for getting some version of Black Suit Spider-Man in an attainable way. I’m also surprised that Lego has avoided including it with all the Spider-Man and Venom related sets they make.

Hopefully they make the Bombastic Bagman suit eventually as well.

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

I definitely recommend Gargantos. It’s a really fun set and is surprisingly big for $30. Plus, you could probably make a really cool display of it with the Sanctum.

I agree about the IW hairpiece, that was 100% the perfect piece for Doctor Strange. I don’t know why Lego is so insistent on using that same wavy hairpiece for so many licensed male characters, especially superhero ones.

The printing's better on the older hairpiece too, but a slight downgrade on the figures seems to be the norm with the Sanctum unfortunately, Spider- and Iron Man excluded. 

I am tempted by Gargantos! I like his scene in the film and I would also like to get my hands on America and a better Wong. Might have to wait a while though - I bought the Sanctum before hearing about all the attainable deals from Zavvi and Argos so now my wallet needs a rest, I think :laugh_hard:

Also, unrelated - I forget how people around here feel about customs (I generally browse, but don't buy, bar one exception), but Firestar has a new Stormbreaker mould on their site which is pretty cool. Puts even the new build from the Goat Boat to shame. 

13 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

I didn't want to dredge up an old thread so firgive me for asking here, are there a bunch of KO Deadpool heads floating around Bricklink? They seem so cheap compared to the whole fig and much more readily available. I'm currently considering buying one from a seller who has like 20 in stock. Thanks very much.

I would be cautious. While I don't run an active Bricklink store, I did receive the following email from Bricklink on August 2:

Subject: Counterfeit Minifigures - Immediate action required!

Dear BrickLink Seller,

We are sorry to inform you that the BrickLink Marketplace has recently been flooded with high-profile counterfeit Minifigures. These counterfeit Minifigures have in some cases been purchased from distributors on and outside of BrickLink. These are known to have been made using genuine LEGO elements with after-market (custom) printing.

BrickLink has a zero-tolerance policy [refer to sections 1 and 3] towards counterfeit items.

We are reaching out to you because we have seen several flagrant examples recently with very high numbers of items appearing in certain stores. Please report those listings when you notice them using this page.

Keeping the BrickLink Marketplace free from counterfeit elements is critical to maintain the reputation of BrickLink as a premier LEGO Marketplace.

As a Seller on BrickLink it is your responsibility to ensure that the items for sale in your store are original LEGO items.

In some cases the authenticity of an item can be difficult to determine, however, the main things to look out for is the availability of a highly desirable LEGO Minifigure in hundreds or thousands from a single source as well as any discrepancy in the print.

If you have or suspect that you have these listed in your store, please remove them immediately as we will be taking action against stores selling these items now and ongoing. If the problem persists, we would have to consider further restrictions for listing Minifigures on the site.

If you have recently sold counterfeit Minifigures we suggest you reach out to the buyer and offer to take the Minifigures back.

We appreciate your understanding and collaboration.

Sincerely,
The BrickLink Team

Edited by The_Chosen_1

23 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I really hope these new Spiderman buildable figures flop. I presume they're for young kids but in that case, just get them the actual Marvel Legends figure.

Eurobrick users when Lego, a toy company aimed towards children, makes toys for children.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, how have we not gotten a War Machine mech?

Because even Ross Everett has more fans than War Machine, probably.

Simply put, the Spiderman figures aren't meant for us. They are meant for kids. I totally get that they're not what a lot of people want, but just like mechs sell, these will sell - not just because they're big LEGO action figures, but because they are SPIDERMAN big LEGO action figures.

I highly doubt that these are why the Sanctum didn't get a ton of new prints. More than likely it's due to budget being allocated to some other sets (whether the $500 or the January wave or something - they are releasing 3 Marvel D2Cs in one year, and they only have so much budget. I think a lot of people forget that LEGO is given specific budgets for themes/waves.) 

35 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Simply put, the Spiderman figures aren't meant for us. They are meant for kids. I totally get that they're not what a lot of people want, but just like mechs sell, these will sell - not just because they're big LEGO action figures, but because they are SPIDERMAN big LEGO action figures.

I highly doubt that these are why the Sanctum didn't get a ton of new prints. More than likely it's due to budget being allocated to some other sets (whether the $500 or the January wave or something - they are releasing 3 Marvel D2Cs in one year, and they only have so much budget. I think a lot of people forget that LEGO is given specific budgets for themes/waves.) 

No, that makes too much sense, I'd rather complain about sets I don't particularly like because they're not targeted specifically to me.

13 hours ago, The Stud said:

If it’s any consolation, we’re likely getting the Symbiote Suit in the MCU. That’s our best bet for getting some version of Black Suit Spider-Man in an attainable way. I’m also surprised that Lego has avoided including it with all the Spider-Man and Venom related sets they make.

Hopefully they make the Bombastic Bagman suit eventually as well.

Yeah, we probably will see the symbiote suit in the MCU after No Way Home or maybe in Secret Wars if they're taking inspiration from the 80s version as well as the 2015 version. I just hope that Lego throws in a comic variant alongside the MCU design since I'd prefer something simple over what's probably going to be an over-designed take on the black suit with a similar white vein-y appearance to match Tom Hardy's Venom.

It's crazy how Bagman has a closer chance of happening with that little easter egg of the suit on one of the screens in the Spider-Lair set. And now that the MCU Fantastic Four movie is coming out in 2 years, Lego could finally make a comic based F4 set and throw the Bombastic Bagman in it as a bonus (even though they probably won't make a comic set for a long time because the MCU takes top priority over the actual comics that created them).

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Because even Ross Everett has more fans than War Machine, probably.

A friend of mine always said War Machine's superpower was "being friends with iron man" and I think that's pretty accurate. The rest of the low tiers (falcon, black widow, hawkeye, etc) either have borderline superhuman skills or at the very least obtained their technology a different way then beating up their alcoholic friend.

But that said, I mean, c'mon! One of the few characters who it makes sense to have a mech for, could have a cool black, gunmetal and trans-red color scheme, and they could go nuts with the weaponry. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:07 PM, TheBatstan said:

We even got 2 Venomized Iron Man and Pork Grind before we a Symbiote Suit Spider-man…

Ended up really liking the Sanctum, a little let down by the figs, but primarily wanted it to be with the bugle.

52263910466_bd9b4aa7c4_q.jpg.621fc754d08464258df34f40c610e901.jpg

Edited by Frizzlefry25
typo

8 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Ended up really liking the Sanctum, a little let down by the figs, but primarily wanted it to be with the bugle.

52263910466_bd9b4aa7c4_q.jpg.621fc754d08464258df34f40c610e901.jpg

They look so good together!!! I can't wait for Lego to make more Marvel (and hopefully DC) modulars.