Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Then we need just Okoye and we're good to go :excited:

I wouldn’t say no to an Everett Ross minifig either, but let’s not get greedy here :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn’t say no to an Everett Ross minifig either, but let’s not get greedy here :grin:

Same, but the chances of him being included are rather unlikely.

10 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'm glad Ant-Man has his passionate fans. I thoroughly enjoy the character 

There are dozens of us!

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

A helmet/bust would be cool, would go well with the Iron Man helmet, Thor's Hammer and the gauntlet sets in the "buildable stuff" line.

The biggest letdown for me with those sets is that they're not on the same scale.

Like, I'm aware of the logistics of why it wouldnt make sense to have a 1:1 helmet (or a small hammer) but it would give it a nicer feeling if they all felt part of the same collection.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

There are dozens of us!

The biggest letdown for me with those sets is that they're not on the same scale.

Like, I'm aware of the logistics of why it wouldnt make sense to have a 1:1 helmet (or a small hammer) but it would give it a nicer feeling if they all felt part of the same collection.

I agree.  the hammer could have been out of scale compared to the helmets, ok, but with a similar pedestal, to give a sense of continuity… that thing they put under it sucks.

let's hope fulcrum is right about WF 🤞

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same, but the chances of him being included are rather unlikely.

Yeah. I think we can realistically expect 5 minifigs in a $80 set, so it’s probably gonna be Shuri, Namor, Namora, Okoye, and M’Baku. Or at least that’s what I’m hoping for :classic:

Yeah. I think we can realistically expect 5 minifigs in a $80 set, so it’s probably gonna be Shuri, Namor, Namora, Okoye, and M’Baku. Or at least that’s what I’m hoping for :classic:

Six is typically the max Minifigures in expensive sets for Marvel, so I'm guessing there'll be one more. Let's hope they don't do as they did with Thor.

A  big playset depicting Wakanda or Talocan would be nice. And Namor could have the jaguar helmet and the cape.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten a large set with the Panther monument.

I'd love to have all of the figures everybody's mentioned that are still missing in Lego form, but I have to admit I expect the set to probably have Shuri, Namor, Attuma, and Nakia from the other sets.

Is the Avenger’s tower on the gram legit? If so, not sure how I feel about the apparent figs but the build looks good.

4 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Is the Avenger’s tower on the gram legit? If so, not sure how I feel about the apparent figs but the build looks good.

No, this one, is not legitimate. The user is known for posting fake leaks. Avengers Tower is sourced from a knock-off called 'Tiger 55120 - Hero Tower' you can view it below and experience the set for yourself here.

New-5883-PCS-55120-Hero-Tower-Iron-Tower

48 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

No, it's hilariously fake. Aside fom the fact that the build includes just a giant LBG block at the bottom, all of the figures in that image were just images of existing figures from as far back as 2012, and it has the same piece count as the bugle (due to the boxart being stolen from it.)

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There might be dozens of Ant-Fans, but I think I'm one of like 3 Everett Ross fans. I just like the idea of an average joe that the avengers can rely on when they have to deal with bureaucratic stuff.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There might be dozens of Ant-Fans, but I think I'm one of like 3 Everett Ross fans. I just like the idea of an average joe that the avengers can rely on when they have to deal with bureaucratic stuff.

Well, I must be the second one.

I love Martin Freeman, I wish he appeared in more MCU projects. Looking forward to seeing him in Secret Invasion too!

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love Martin Freeman, I wish he appeared in more MCU projects. Looking forward to seeing him in Secret Invasion too!

And I’m the third one then! :laugh_hard: Wow, all three of us are here on EB :snicker: 

Agreed, more Freeman is never a bad thing!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not that I dislike him, but I'd rather for the Black Panther sets to focus on someone who's not the generic white guy

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Not that I dislike him, but I'd rather for the Black Panther sets to focus on someone who's not the generic white guy

Since when does Black Panther focus on Everett Ross? :jollyroger:

31 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

...literally every other minifigure in the wave is black, south american, or blue. I do not think including one white guy would be an issue.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I didn't know he was gonna be in Secret invasion! He better not be a Skrull.

And I’m the third one then! :laugh_hard: Wow, all three of us are here on EB :snicker: 

Agreed, more Freeman is never a bad thing!

What are the odds? I might have miscalcultated, there could be as many as seven of us!

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Since when does Black Panther focus on Everett Ross? :jollyroger:

Thats...  Not what I said? At all?

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

literally every other minifigure in the wave is black, south american, or blue. I do not think including one white guy would be an issue.

My point is that, since this is one of the Marvel movies with a most culturaly diverse cast, it's a great chance to finally get new prints and faces in a colour that's not light nougat (which would also be pretty cool for doing mocs/poblate lego cities).

In other words, MOCing Martin Freeman's character (who is literally a regular guy in a black suit) with existing pieces is 100% doable, doing M'Baku  or Okoye? Not so much, so I'd rather to get something I can't do by myself.

Sorry if that came across as slander for the mighty Everett Ross fanbase, I didn't mean to offend all 6 of you :tongue:

Edited by PGBQW

Let's be honest, an Everett Ross fig would be borderline unreognizeable. It'd probably have the same issue that the Ideas "sitcom" sets have, that outside of displaying them in the set, they look like generic or MOC figs.

That said, I love the character, hope he shows up in a set at some point even if for no one else but collectors.

Honestly, Everett Ross or Agent Coulson makes sense as an easy filler character you can add to a set to increase the figure count. A similar remark could apply to other suited characters: Justin Hammer, Alexander Pierce, Hank Pym, etc...

You only really need to focus on the head to get the likeness correct and an appropriate hair piece as the rest can be a generic suit which should in theory mean that it's easy to do. I'm unsure why they have not bothered as such to do so with sets.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

My point is that, since this is one of the Marvel movies with a most culturaly diverse cast, it's a great chance to finally get new prints and faces in a colour that's not light nougat (which would also be pretty cool for doing mocs/poblate lego cities).

I mean, it depends how you look at the "diversity" element. Either way, there are mainly two cultures (wakandans and atlantians or african/aztec). Even if we mean just straight up ethnicities shown, again, same thing, just this time with Ross added as english. Regardless, I'd argue that's exactly why Ross would be a nice additional figure. He wouldn't necessarily require new prints, and given how many new prints have shown up in these 3 sets already, it'd allow for a figure like M'Baku or namor to get a ton of detailing.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

In other words, MOCing Martin Freeman's character (who is literally a regular guy in a black suit) with existing pieces is 100% doable, doing M'Baku  or Okoye? Not so much, so I'd rather to get something I can't do by myself.

Counterpoint, Okoye already has a figure, and I've seen some perfectly good purist customs of her WF outfit. Ross does not.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Sorry if that came across as slander for the mighty Everett Ross fanbase, I didn't mean to offend all 6 of you :tongue:

Hey, I said there could be as many as seven!

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Honestly, Everett Ross or Agent Coulson makes sense as an easy filler character you can add to a set to increase the figure count. A similar remark could apply to other suited characters: Justin Hammer, Alexander Pierce, Hank Pym, etc...

You only really need to focus on the head to get the likeness correct and an appropriate hair piece as the rest can be a generic suit which should in theory mean that it's easy to do. I'm unsure why they have not bothered as such to do so with sets.

Yeah exactly. With a theme where new prints aren't very common compared to SW, ninjago, etc, it's a nice way to get an extra non-repeat figure.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Imagine a set that contains Justin Hammer and Phil Coulson as mains characters, and Iron Man is the filler character...

Official pictures of the three sets are now available! Minifig artwork of Okoye and M’Baku is visible on the back of the box, which hopefully means that they’re both included in that final set :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Official pictures of the three sets are now available! Minifig artwork of Okoye and M’Baku is visible on the back of the box, which hopefully means that they’re both included in that final set :thumbup:

So exciting. If the big set has M’Baku *and* Ramonda, it will be a dream. Now I just need every single hat and hair variation available for the Queen Mother …