Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

quick rant, after seeing the minifigures from the Goat Boat and from WF sets, it kind off makes me mad about the Sanctum and how little effort Lego put into those figures. 

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

Hello there! I wanted to ask a few quedtions

1st what happened to those mystery sets? Are they still coming out? 

2nd is there a chance that we get new NWH sets this or next year? Specifically I want a new MCU Iron Spider suit since I adore that suit, so is there a chance we get a brand new MCU Iron spider this or next year?

1: I don't know exactly which set you're referring to. The three "mystery" sets from a few weeks ago are supposedly brick-built versions of Spidey, Miles, and Venom (yippie...) The $500 mystery set is still unknown. Personally I think it's gonna be a DC set.

2. I'd say there's a solid chance of NWH sets next year, probably not any in 2022 though, we'd have heard SOMETHING by now. As for the Iron Spider...I'm right there with you on wanting one, but I think it's very unlikely that we'll get one anytime soon. Unless they do a set for the doc ock bridge fight (I feel like they're much more likely to make a NWH set for the liberty parlance scene), we probably aren't getting an iron spider.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

How long does it usually take for LEGO to upload higher quality pics once the sets are leaked on the instructions app? I need to see better pics of Namor. 

Probably shouldn't be more than a day or two, unless something in the set images is a thing Marvel wants kept secret for longer.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

quick rant, after seeing the minifigures from the Goat Boat and from WF sets, it kind off makes me mad about the Sanctum and how little effort Lego put into those figures. 

Totally agree! Thor love and thunder figs were amazing for cheap. Sanctum is pricey for the stickers i guess.

8 hours ago, Matichado said:

Hello there! I wanted to ask a few quedtions

2nd is there a chance that we get new NWH sets this or next year? Specifically I want a new MCU Iron Spider suit since I adore that suit, so is there a chance we get a brand new MCU Iron spider this or next year?

I should point out that the suit in the Sanctum Basement set technically is an Iron Spider suit, just after enough of the nanites were destroyed that it couldn’t make the extra legs anymore.

If you mean Infinity War/Endgame’s Iron Spider suit, there’s no news on a new version of that (or a rerelease of the figure that was exclusive to the original Sanctum in 2018) and I’d be very surprised if they did make one. So don’t get your hopes up. 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, hold on. What new part? I only see 49668 and 15209

Same, though. I infinitely prefer this Riri design to both her main suits I've seen (the one that was literally just an iron man suit and the more unique, but odd, suit from the start of her post-Tony's return solo series)

Oh, you might be right, I though I saw a 3 wide 15209 but it might just be 3 49668s sideways.

Yeah I had no interest in Iron heart until I saw her MCU suit, it just looks good. ( And I'm sure they'll change it to a lame generic 'nano-tech ironman suit soon, :hmpf_bad:)

Beast boy also had ears in a hairpiece.

Some were actually DC and have been delayed ( there was a flash set and it's likely been delayed because of the movie delay, though considering Ezra's actions they might be cancelling the set instead)

And there were also 3 brick built characters coming out in the autumn, Venom and Spider-Man ( Peter and Miles), then there's another wakanda set, and the advent calendar and the hulk buster and a huge D2C that might be DC

Edited by Agent Kallus

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

1: I don't know exactly which set you're referring to. The three "mystery" sets from a few weeks ago are supposedly brick-built versions of Spidey, Miles, and Venom (yippie...) The $500 mystery set is still unknown. Personally I think it's gonna be a DC set.

I think @Matichado was referring to the two mystery sets 76222 and 76224. Considering how close they are to the Flash set (76221), one or both of them could also be based on that movie :shrug_oh_well:

Close up shot of namor is exabrickslego insta. He has yellow and blue pants and printing on his ears.

side leg printing too…is this from the big 80 dollar set?!

namor throne pic looked like his pants were green?!

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah I had no interest in Iron heart until I saw her MCU suit, it just looks good. ( And I'm sure they'll change it to a lame generic 'nano-tech ironman suit soon, :hmpf_bad:)

Beast boy also had ears in a hairpiece.

Some were actually DC and have been delayed ( there was a flash set and it's likely been delayed because of the movie delay, though considering Ezra's actions they might be cancelling the set instead)

+10 predictability points if it uses some sort of wakandan technology or vibranium, but still looks almost exactly like the model prime from the comics (maybe colorswapped though).

Yeah, but he's green, so I was counting him as a fantasy non human-passing character.

I swear that guy's going for the any% geneva convention speedrun. It's like every day we hear about a new crime. They've got to be cutting him at this point, I don't see how they can keep Ezra Miller in while having any semblance of consistency for cutting people from films over much less than, y'know, committing all of the crimes. They should replace him with Grant Gustin.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think @Matichado was referring to the two mystery sets 76222 and 76224. Considering how close they are to the Flash set (76221), one or both of them could also be based on that movie :shrug_oh_well:

Ah. Well, if they are, then we're never seeing them!

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Close up shot of namor is exabrickslego insta. He has yellow and blue pants and printing on his ears.

side leg printing too…is this from the big 80 dollar set?!

namor throne pic looked like his pants were green?!

Ok, now I am gonna need a classic namor with the green undies.

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It doesn't seem very armored, there's no tooth necklace, and there's no mask/helmet. It's definately not the panther suit we see in the trailer, and doesn't seem like a BP suit at all. If we also assume that being in two of the three revealed sets, this is probably her main outfit in the film, it's definately not the panther suit unless she becomes black panther at the start of the film.

I'll wait for the closeups surely, but its not the outfit from the movie nor in any of the other toys.

I think we all expect the last set to have the new Panther.

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I'll wait for the closeups surely, but its not the outfit from the movie nor in any of the other toys.

I think we all expect the last set to have the new Panther.

Doesn't the last set still release in November? If it's before or around the movie, I'm not 100% sure it'll have the new panther. If they want to keep it secret, my guess is that we don't see action figures or lego figures. Like I've said before, the torso print would remove half the candidates, and no doubt the suit would provide other clues as well. Hell, from the shot in the trailer of part of the back of the suit alone people are making pretty solid arguments that it's 

Spoiler

M'baku, apparently there's a gorrila motif which fits with the god he worships.

2 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I hope Quantumania gets 2 sets. I love Scott's new suit

There was an absolutely METAL plot leak the other day that turned out to be fake, but the leaked trailer alone is just so cool and a much more serious tone than the other films. Not that I didn't like the more comedic ant-man films, but in the trailer when 

Spoiler

Kang talks about the avengers he's killed in other universes

I got chills. I REALLY hope it gets sets.

Promobricks saying last Black Panther set is a helmet/bust 

Disappointing but at least there is some great stuff in the wave. 

or not should have read the full rumour post. 

Edited by AndrewCole14

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Wow, that would suck :hmpf: No Okoye, M’Baku or Namora?! :distressed:

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Disappointing but at least there is some great stuff in the wave. 

or not should have read the full rumour post. 

What rumour post are you referring to? Can't find anything on their site or Instagram.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The last set is not a helmet or bust I’m pretty confident 

Phew! I wouldn’t mind getting a helmet in the future, but not at the expense of a regular WF set! There’s too many characters missing :laugh:

3 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

that ruined my evening 🫤 hope that's not true

I'm still withholding judgement until I see a better angle of the little ship, but I'm not totally seeing the value proposition of the $30 Black Panther set despite it being a decent set. This would've been been a perfect $20 Superheroes set like there used to be - 3 cool figures, decent build / builds - but the parts count seems really inflated in this case for what's included. Where are all of those 355 parts hiding?? Give me a much simpler throne, make it $20 and we'd have been good to go.

The bigger one doesn't look like $50 at all, despite, once again, having a cool build and good figures.

12 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm still withholding judgement until I see a better angle of the little shop, but I'm not totally seeing the value proposition of the $30 Black Panther set despite it being a decent set. This would've been been a perfect $20 Superheroes set like there used to be - 3 cool figures, decent build / builds - but the parts count seems really inflated in this case for what's included. Where are all of those 355 parts hiding?? Give me a much simpler throne, make it $20 and we'd have been good to go.

The bigger one doesn't look like $50 at all, despite, once again, having a cool build and good figures.

Hey, guess what... it's $35 :laugh: 

But I have the exact same issue, and I think the same thing about the throne's base being too big and complicated when the main interesting part is just the jaw throne itself.

Same thing with that $50 one as well. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Hulkbuster has 2961 pieces

Neat, previous one was 1363 pieces and that was split between the main mech, display area and side builds. In this case its apparently all focused on the Hulkbuster, so it's going to be double the size and well over double the pieces - presumably included a new Hulkbuster helmet mold/piece I'd guess. Only downside is that it's the HulkbusterMKII as opposed to the more iconic Hulkbuster MK1 - but even then I'm probably only using it as a base.

I sometimes feel I'm the only one hyped for this set, which is a bit of a shame. I really think a massive Lego mech has a huge level of potential. Is anyone else interested in this, or just me. Feel a little sad for the designer if it winds up being awesome and nobody else was hyped for it prior because we had a bunch of prior Hulkbusters that tainted the hype, hopefully it'll sell well if it is awesome :sad:

20 hours ago, Matichado said:

The only complete mystery sets are 76222 and 76224. It's unknown what is happening with them, they may not even be Marvel, but for the moment we just have to wait and see.

The only other set we don't have details on is 76210, which is the 500€ D2C. This is heavily believed to be Marvel. Personally I would not be surprised if it got pushed back, but it could still release this year, November would probably be the earliest point.

I'm trying to keep a rough list on sets, hopefully you find that helpful.

Updated List:

Hide contents

AUGUST:

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211: Shuri's Sunbird (50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212: Shuri's Lab (10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213: King Namor's Throne Room (30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214: (Wakanda Forever; 80€)
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II ($350, 2961 pcs) (IW Hulkbuster D2C)  Release Date Source

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241 $14.99
  • 76242: $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: $14.99
  • 76244: $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: $34.99
  • 76247: $49.99
  • 76248: $99.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: $9.99
  • 76254: $34.99
  • 76255: $99.99

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

In general the method we should probably be using to judge is based on when other merchandising companies get out Spider-man: NWH merchandise. At the moment a few companies have merchandise with the three Spider-men and Doc Ock, but I've not spotted any that have the villains beyond places like Hot Toys.

Until we see merchandise of the other villains, I would not expect to see Lego NWH sets - or if we do it'd just be Doc Ock Vs Iron Spider on the bridge :shrug_oh_well: 2HY 2023 as such seems like the earliest, though maybe we'll be surprised. I've kinda subconciously accepted that we probably won't get them though and we'll wind up getting Tobey & Andrew suits when we get to Secret Wars if they return.

Edited by Scarilian

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Doesn't the last set still release in November? If it's before or around the movie, I'm not 100% sure it'll have the new panther. If they want to keep it secret, my guess is that we don't see action figures or lego figures. Like I've said before, the torso print would remove half the candidates, and no doubt the suit would provide other clues as well. Hell, from the shot in the trailer of part of the back of the suit alone people are making pretty solid arguments that it's 

Reveal hidden contents

M'baku, apparently there's a gorrila motif which fits with the god he worships.

There was an absolutely METAL plot leak the other day that turned out to be fake, but the leaked trailer alone is just so cool and a much more serious tone than the other films. Not that I didn't like the more comedic ant-man films, but in the trailer when 

Hide contents

Kang talks about the avengers he's killed in other universes

I got chills. I REALLY hope it gets sets.

I'm glad Ant-Man has his passionate fans. I thoroughly enjoy the character 

A helmet/bust would be cool, would go well with the Iron Man helmet, Thor's Hammer and the gauntlet sets in the "buildable stuff" line.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I sometimes feel I'm the only one hyped for this set, which is a bit of a shame. I really think a massive Lego mech has a huge level of potential. Is anyone else interested in this, or just me. Feel a little sad for the designer if it winds up being awesome and nobody else was hyped for it prior because we had a bunch of prior Hulkbusters that tainted the hype, hopefully it'll sell well if it is awesome :sad:

If it makes you feel better I am excited for this set, however I also need to see this thing first. I was not excited enough for the previous smaller versions, so I am hoping if this new one has the pieces and size that the rumors suggest, I will have to add it to my list!

Marvel may hurt or help this year. Sanctum was an initial yes, but the figure letdown has me on the fence. (and I usually don't care about figs), Hulkbuster is intriguing, and the unknown $500 has me worried! If it's awesome I may not be able to afford them!

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Neat, previous one was 1363 pieces and that was split between the main mech, display area and side builds. In this case its apparently all focused on the Hulkbuster, so it's going to be double the size and well over double the pieces - presumably included a new Hulkbuster helmet mold/piece I'd guess. Only downside is that it's the HulkbusterMKII as opposed to the more iconic Hulkbuster MK1 - but even then I'm probably only using it as a base.

If it turns out good and I end up getting everything else I'm interested in for this year, then I might get it eventually. My main problem with it is just that I'm not a huge fan of the Hulkbuster's design. I love mechs (Lego or otherwise) and am always intrigued by big ones, but I'm not sure if Lego will be able to do much to get me to get it when I don't like the source material much and it costs $200+. That all being said, I am reserving judgement until we finally get to see it (hopefully soon).