Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Sets look cool!
Definitely hoping for some Dora and Mbaku and maybe even Namora in the last set. These sets seem to imply Shuri is the BP for this movie, which is not surprising but disappointed.

I also think the 'legacy' Black Panther set kind of highlights the problem with making a Black Panther movie without Tchalla, even acknowledging why they did. I really hope the multiverse or some other thing finds us a way to return us Tchalla with a recast.

Honestly I'm not really as in love with these as everyone else seems to be, but the minifigures are really great (aside from the inaccurate hairpiece of course). I will probably end up getting at least one of them if I end up enjoying the movie, which I'm thinking will be the case. 

Great sets! Even a bit Ninjago-esque: futuristic vehicles, interesting location builds and leg printing all over!

- $30 Throne is my favorite set! They gave Namor side leg printing, as it should be. Ears are the most strange part, because Lego minifigs do not have them;

-The 4+ plus set is one of the best of its kind, since there is no big specialized bike piece (which does not have much use in MOCs for me);

- Ironheart minifig looks good too.

The Throne Room is easily the best set, but Shuri's Sunbird does look pretty cool as well. 

Atuma looks whack compared to how he looks in other merch and the film and very under-detailed. The lack of other Atlanteans overall is really disappointing, but apparently there's supposed to be a larger set according to some posts on here? So, I'm holding out for that. So far, I'm getting the Throne Room and Shuri's Sunbird-- I might just buy that Shuri figure in the Shuri's Lab set separately since it does look pretty nice.

Edited by Hisstori

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I also think the 'legacy' Black Panther set kind of highlights the problem with making a Black Panther movie without Tchalla, even acknowledging why they did. I really hope the multiverse or some other thing finds us a way to return us Tchalla with a recast.

They really should have recast from the start. I just saw an article where Mr. Boseman's family was saying they thought he would have wanted to be recast. I really can't understand why they didn't want to recast, it doesn't seem disrespectful to me. Especially when compared to him supposedly

Spoiler

literally dying off-screen of an illness. For some reason recasting him is bad, but killing off the character the same way as the actor died is good? It'd be like if they had Princess Leia die of a heart attack in TROS.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the sets:

4+ set: is a 4+ set. I totally called it that they'd make at least one legacy set to sneak BP into. It's fine, and for $10 to get two of the main characters of the first film, a pretty solid deal.

Namor's throne. My guess is this is the best-seller. Main villain, main hero, enemy grunt, and a pretty cool build I'm surprised they would do for a standard 6-12 set, feels more like a SW diorama. (Even if the base of the throne is pretty simple). Main complaint is the price. The image doesn't make super clear how big that sub is, but this really looks like a $25 set, $30 at the most. If I end up liking the movie, this is the set I'd want to get. Also, shout out to Namor's face. I'm generally not a huge fan of how much they've changed him and Atlantis, but even without the vampire style hair, green trunks, and Roman influence (which is the thing that bugs me the most. I always saw Namor as very Roman inspired, and if they wanted to base Atlantis on a real world empire, rome literally went at it with carthage (which is in Africa) so a Rome-based Atlantis being Wakanda's rival would make a lot more sense than an African nation and a south American one), he's still got the facial expression that shows just how much of a pompous jerk Namor is.

The big ship: This ain't it chief. The ship is fine, I suppose, but it does NOT seem like a $50 set. The figures are alright as well, though two of the four are repeats. (I get the same shuri in multiple sets since she seems to be the main character, but they couldn't put a different enemy in? Ironheart has always been my least favorite of the "legacy characters" back from when marvel was replacing the main avengers (I liked Miles and Kamala, and that was pretty much it), but I appreciate the attempt to change up her design from "literally an iron man suit" to something more unique.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hulkbuster has 2961 pieces and the $80 set has 545 pieces 

That sounds like a nice deal for the hulkbuster but a pretty big ouch for the $80 set. Do we know if it's black panther 2 for sure, because at that ppp it almost feels like a bigfig would be included.

The sets look cool, but they also all look a bit small for the prices. I’m trying to be more and more selective with my Lego purchases so while I’m not sure if I’ll pick any of these up (it kinda depends on how much I enjoy the film and how much room I have in my Lego budget over the next several months), I do still like the sets themselves. I also appreciate seeing more black women represented in Lego form.

Going from biggest to smallest, Shuri’s Lab is obviously our “Legacy” set to the first Black Panther film. The build is whatever of course and I find it a bit odd that they have two ~$20 sets out right now with the same Shuri figure and a very similar T’Challa figure. I still think it’s great that Lego is including a Black Panther figure in the smallest set of the wave though.

While it looks really small like the other sets, I do like Namor’s Throne. The little touch of the fish swimming around is pure Lego charm. The figures all look cool and I’m impressed that Lego actually included side leg printing on a Marvel figure. Actually, come to think of it, I’m impressed that Lego included leg printing in general for every figure in this wave, excluding the ones from the 4+ set. Hope they keep that up with whatever the $80 set is.

I really like the design of Shuri’s Sunbird. It’s very sleek and interesting, though again it is very small for the price. I’m a sucker for new Iron Man styled suits, so the Ironheart figure is a standout here. Getting two figures reused from the previous set would make me a bit hesitant to get both sets if I do wind up collecting this wave.

All in all, the sets and figures are impressive and help make up for this year being kinda bland for Lego Marvel. The only other standouts for me have been Gargantos, the Goat Boat (despite not really liking the film itself) and the Sanctum, plus getting a new Wolverine figure. I hope to learn more about the $500 set soon.

Edited by The Stud

5 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Do the sets confirm that Shuri is the new black panther then? 

No. The 4+ set is based off the original film, though I could see the confusion there. The other two sets have no BP figures, and Shuri appears to be in a wetsuit of some kind. They seem to imply she'll have a prominent role in the film, but nothing about her being the black panther.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No. The 4+ set is based off the original film, though I could see the confusion there. The other two sets have no BP figures, and Shuri appears to be in a wetsuit of some kind. They seem to imply she'll have a prominent role in the film, but nothing about her being the black panther.

Ah. I got excited haha

well 

14 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Do the sets confirm that Shuri is the new black panther then? 

well we don't know for sure until the larger set is revealed but in the comics she had the mantle for a while. 

watching the YouTube coverage of the wakanda forever sets is weird. I was expecting detailed set numbers and names and people just didn't have info. Just guessing who figs were and saying Namor wrong soooo many times!

Hate it when Youtubers look at one image of a set and say its TRASH?!?! What is wrong with people?!?!

NAY - MORE not NAH - MOR

Attuma is in both sets I think to get good use out of that head piece LEGO made. Attuma is to Namor as Ocean Master is to Aqua-man.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Shuri figure in the two non-legacy sets sure looks like a Panther suit to me.

I can see why people dont want to jump the gun but in addition to everything else we've seen, this seems lile the nail in the coffin.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

$30 Throne is my favorite set! They gave Namor side leg printing, as it should be. Ears are the most strange part, because Lego minifigs do not have them;

There are 34 hair-with-ears pieces, including four previous recolours of the piece in that set, and 17 headgear pieces not including animal heads and costumes. I think it's safe to say minifigures do have ears, just not obvious ones.

6 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I'm okay with him looking like comic book Namor, since my display is a mix between cinematic and comic, however, while it's not perfect, the Tasu Leech head from SW:TFA might be a good substitute. I'll try it out once I get my hands on the Namor fig. 

Might be mistaken due to lighting of the renders but the skin tone used for Namor seems to be nougat, while the Tasu Leech head is medium nougat, so it wouldn't match the Namor torso and legs.

For comparison of dark nougat (Makkari) and nougat (Gilgamesh)

76154_alt2.png?fit=bounds&format=png&wid

They might be more interesting with the context of the movie but these aren't doing it for me. I like the look of the Namor and Riri figs so if they were both in the cheaper set it'd be more tempting, it does seem an interesting parts pack with the new tooth brick and all, but not for £35

3 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

The Shuri figure in the two non-legacy sets sure looks like a Panther suit to me.

I can see why people dont want to jump the gun but in addition to everything else we've seen, this seems lile the nail in the coffin.

It doesn't seem very armored, there's no tooth necklace, and there's no mask/helmet. It's definately not the panther suit we see in the trailer, and doesn't seem like a BP suit at all. If we also assume that being in two of the three revealed sets, this is probably her main outfit in the film, it's definately not the panther suit unless she becomes black panther at the start of the film.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There are 34 hair-with-ears pieces, including four previous recolours of the piece in that set, and 17 headgear pieces not including animal heads and costumes. I think it's safe to say minifigures do have ears, just not obvious ones.

And to be fair, how many of those are from lego elves?
Because discounting the cat-ear headband type parts, the parts meant for explicitly nonhuman/not human-passing fantasy creatures (goblins, orcs, monkie kids, demons), I've got 9, and if we remove the LOTR elves, just 4: Peter Pan's hat, the wonder twins hair, and the CMF elf hair (Male and female).

Even if we use your 34 number, that's 7% of hair pieces, and the 17 headgear is 1.5% of headgear parts. Not to mention that most of the with-ears hair pieces are used on just one figure, as opposed to standard hair parts being used on countless figures.

Not saying that Namor shouldn't have ears, I don't know how prominent they'll be in the film, but you can't really act like minifigure ears are all that common, especially for human figures.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It doesn't seem very armored, there's no tooth necklace, and there's no mask/helmet. It's definately not the panther suit we see in the trailer, and doesn't seem like a BP suit at all. If we also assume that being in two of the three revealed sets, this is probably her main outfit in the film, it's definately not the panther suit unless she becomes black panther at the start of the film.

And to be fair, how many of those are from lego elves?
Because discounting the cat-ear headband type parts, the parts meant for explicitly nonhuman/not human-passing fantasy creatures (goblins, orcs, monkie kids, demons), I've got 9, and if we remove the LOTR elves, just 4: Peter Pan's hat, the wonder twins hair, and the CMF elf hair (Male and female).

Even if we use your 34 number, that's 7% of hair pieces, and the 17 headgear is 1.5% of headgear parts. Not to mention that most of the with-ears hair pieces are used on just one figure, as opposed to standard hair parts being used on countless figures.

Not saying that Namor shouldn't have ears, I don't know how prominent they'll be in the film, but you can't really act like minifigure ears are all that common, especially for human figures.

What I mean is that with the existence of pieces that illustrate the larger ear, then the standard size ear must exist by proxy, even if we can’t see them or they aren’t illustrated. Incidentally there are several hair pieces that have shaping for ears, or have the hair tucked behind the ear. If minifigures don’t have ears, why are larger ears added on and what do they think of the animal costumes? It’s no different than the lack of nose; if they don’t have noses, what is the clown doing and what’s with the carrot on snowmen? Likewise toes and sandals/jika-tabi.

7 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

What are the gold discs? Vibranium?
Interestingly they appear in all the sets, so I imagine they are plot-relevant.

I think its just the discs she has on the other sets, but they used a regular cicrle in the +4 sets for simplicity sake

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

They might be more interesting with the context of the movie but these aren't doing it for me. I like the look of the Namor and Riri figs so if they were both in the cheaper set it'd be more tempting, it does seem an interesting parts pack with the new tooth brick and all, but not for £35

Wait, hold on. What new part? I only see 49668 and 15209

Same, though. I infinitely prefer this Riri design to both her main suits I've seen (the one that was literally just an iron man suit and the more unique, but odd, suit from the start of her post-Tony's return solo series), and while I'd still like a classic Namor, I have to admit the new one is kinda sick. But I don't think I'd spend $35 for that namor, and no WAY I'm spending $50 for a cool version of a character I found unnecessary. (And now we're on a complete tangent, but I really disliked the legacy characters. ITSV made me like Miles a lot, and I like Kamala to the extent you can even call her a legacy character, but I never liked the rest. I suppose Kate Bishop was fun too, but again, unlike many of the others she wasn't a replacement hawkeye, just an apprentice)

How long does it usually take for LEGO to upload higher quality pics once the sets are leaked on the instructions app? I need to see better pics of Namor. 

Hello there! I wanted to ask a few quedtions

1st what happened to those mystery sets? Are they still coming out? 

2nd is there a chance that we get new NWH sets this or next year? Specifically I want a new MCU Iron Spider suit since I adore that suit, so is there a chance we get a brand new MCU Iron spider this or next year?