Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, steyin said:

If there is a SDCC exclusive fig I'm hoping for Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight.

I'm leaning towards Defender Strange. He's absent from the MoM sets and they would have had his concept art incredibly early yet the only version we have is his corpse ><

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Very, very late to the conversation, but I get more intrigued by the $500 D2C by the day. What are people's best guesses as to what it might be?

I'd hope for Stark/Avengers Tower, visually appearing similar to Avengers while having figures from Avengers and potentially Avengers: AoU or Avengers: Endgame (But unlikely). It'd work as an anniversary set and could potentially fit alongside the Sanctum.

At its most basic level the figure selection would be:

• Iron Man MK6, Iron Man MK7, Captain America, Thor, Hulk (Big Fig, moving head), Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki

Additional figures that could then be added if needed to fill the figure count:

• Chitauri, Pepper Potts, Tony Stark and Nick Fury as repeated figures from this year's sets
  • Phil Coulson, Bruce Banner, Eric Selvig and Maria Hill as supporting figures
  • Rhodey, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Ultron and Ultron Drones from AoU
  • Iron Man MK85, Ant-Man and Shield Agent Tony Stark from Endgame
  • Throwing in the MK4 Iron Man on display would help encourage sales as it is the only missing MK1-7 suit.

The only other likely alternative would be an Icons Collection with Captain America's Shield and an Arc Reactor as some of the builds to go along with Thor's Hammer - however I don't feel that would sell as well and the April Fools style instagram post about such a collection was met mostly with people saying they'd not buy it.

52 minutes ago, steyin said:

I’m hoping it’s something the vast majority of people don’t want. 

Owning every Marvel minifigure widely released, I hate the fact there is some sought after characters exclusive to Comic Con. 

5 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

The longer this goes on, the less sure of it I become. I would have put my money squarely on Avenger's Tower a few months ago, but now that there's still no word and the Hulkbuster is still theoretically coming around the same time, I don't know. Seems odd to have three Marvel D2C's in the back half of the year. I would think it's not a helicarrier because it seems rather boring and too expensive for that, but at $500 anything of minifig scale is gonna have to come with an absolute boatload of minifigs after how many they put in The Bugle.

The Promobricks list has gotten one or two backwards, so it's *possible*. Maybe like 5% chance lol, which is ironic because I can think of far more $500 ideas for DC, but we all know LEGO isn't putting out a $500 DC set.

If it exists, I'm 90% sure it's avengers tower. 

But hear me out, if it is a DC set, it would make the rest of this year's DC content make sense. Given the limited budget of the theme, of course there'd only be 4 system sets this year, if the other one is a massive Hall of Justice or Batcave or something. It's straight Copium, but it would make sense.

4 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

I’m hoping it’s something the vast majority of people don’t want. 

Owning every Marvel minifigure widely released, I hate the fact there is some sought after characters exclusive to Comic Con. 

There's a middle ground here. It's definately annoying for lego to make desirable characters or suits (spider-man PS4), but it doesn't mean they have to do things most people don't want at all (was anyone asking for sheriff deadpool?). For instance, using the Ms Marvel and Moon knight suggestions, they could do Ms Marvel in the homemade captain marvel costume and Moon Knight from the Ultimate comics. Still outfits that are real and either somewhat desirable or connected to a new property, but not things that most fans desperately want.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If it exists, I'm 90% sure it's avengers tower. 

But hear me out, if it is a DC set, it would make the rest of this year's DC content make sense. Given the limited budget of the theme, of course there'd only be 4 system sets this year, if the other one is a massive Hall of Justice or Batcave or something. It's straight Copium, but it would make sense.

I had the same thought. After all this talk of "the DC theme is dead" (which I have also been saying), I've ensured I'll be dead wrong in the most embarrassing way possible: the biggest DC set yet. My heart says Marvel because, well, Marvel. But all the little things like timing with other Marvel sets, the lack of DC sets so far, and lack of word on a 2022 D2C Batvehicle have me wondering...

Anyways, I look forward to building Avenger's Tower :laugh:

10 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Very, very late to the conversation, but I get more intrigued by the $500 D2C by the day. What are people's best guesses as to what it might be?

I will forever be betting against an Avengers Tower. It’s just too much of an irregularity for it to make sense—I’m pretty sure there’s never been a theme that has gotten two massive Minifigure scale sets in a year, the Sanctum and a hypothetical tower would probably compete with each other, they pretty recently released one (though that doesn’t disqualify it), and even though it’s iconic, it certainly hasn’t been in many Marvel properties lately.

That being said, I also bet against the Daily Bugle, and I was very wrong about that.

Edited by Brickroll

21 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Well it was $500 superheroes set not a $500 marvel set so I think batcave makes sense, a huge comic batcave, but a not figscaled bat vehicle seems more maybe not for 500. 

18 hours ago, steyin said:

:wall: no please. How about a silly variant like cowboy Deadpoop. Or on like the wonder woman comic cover with no exclusive parts.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, Agent Kallus said:

no please. How about a silly variant like cowboy Deadpoop. Or on like the wonder woman comic cover with no exclusive parts.

Exactly. If SDCC figures are coming back, which I hope they don’t, they shouldn’t be based on the MCU :tongue: A minor comic-inspired variant, while also annoying, is still acceptable to me

On 7/9/2022 at 6:58 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Well it was $500 superheroes set not a $500 marvel set so I think batcave makes sense, a huge comic batcave, but a not figscaled bat vehicle seems more maybe not for 500. 

:wall: no please. How about a silly variant like cowboy Deadpoop. Or on like the wonder woman comic cover with no exclusive parts.

The set and the raffle fig are diff things

On 7/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, Brickroll said:

I will forever be betting against an Avengers Tower. It’s just too much of an irregularity for it to make sense—I’m pretty sure there’s never been a theme that has gotten two massive Minifigure scale sets in a year, the Sanctum and a hypothetical tower would probably compete with each other, they pretty recently released one (though that doesn’t disqualify it), and even though it’s iconic, it certainly hasn’t been in many Marvel properties lately.

That being said, I also bet against the Daily Bugle, and I was very wrong about that.

You make some good points but Lego has a tendency to be unpredictable and often times when we try to find patterns in their release strategies, we end up being wrong lol. I just don’t think there’s anything else Lego could realistically do for a $500 Marvel set, but who knows with these recent price increases.

No spoilers but having seen Love and Thunder, I still have no idea what that $20 set is supposed to represent lmao. It sucks too because there were other sets they easily could have made instead, but I guess I’m not super disappointed about it since I wasn’t a huge fan of the movie.

Edited by The Stud

On 7/8/2022 at 6:11 PM, steyin said:

I feel like Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight will be in the next CMF if it's still Marvel Studios TV Shows, or we'll get Ms. Marvel with The Marvels movie

17 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I feel like Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight will be in the next CMF if it's still Marvel Studios TV Shows, or we'll get Ms. Marvel with The Marvels movie

IIRC she has a different costume in that (No idea why I know that, I haven't even seen the show).

My guess is a CMF series 2, or they're thrown into comic sets.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:27 AM, ReversibleSedgewick said:

So... the monster in 76207 wasn't (completely) made up by Lego then! I feel bad for that Sanctum scorpion now. Lonely guy.

Ooor maybe somebody at the office accidentally mixed one piece of Thor L&T concept art in with the Spider-man NWH concept art when designing the sets :laugh: really, the Sanctum Workshop scorpion monster fits waaay more with the Thor L&T monster. Still, I can't help but wonder how on earth they came up with the awful design we got when it looks absolutely nothing like any of the monsters we saw. It looks like a 5 year old's drawing come to life.

Edited by ToaDraco

Spoiler

I wish we had gotten more Thor sets (like, say, the cool god place with Zeus in it) or more Dr Strange sets (like the Illuminati) instead of crap like the buildable Iron Man or those mechs...

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Ooor maybe somebody at the office accidentally mixed one piece of Thor L&T concept art in with the Spider-man NWH concept art when designing the sets :laugh: really, the Sanctum Workshop scorpion monster fits waaay more with the Thor L&T monster. Still, I can't help but wonder how on earth they came up with the awful design we got when it looks absolutely nothing like any of the monsters we saw. It looks like a 5 year old's drawing come to life.

And then they mixed up L&T concept art with Samurai Jack concept art to get us the thing in the $20 set. It's clearly the villain from that show.

7 hours ago, jonwil said:
  Hide contents

I wish we had gotten more Thor sets (like, say, the cool god place with Zeus in it) or more Dr Strange sets (like the Illuminati) instead of crap like the buildable Iron Man or those mechs...

The other ones are pretty clear: They keep the spoilers secret even from lego, and they can't design and produce an entire set within a few months. A thor set based on the god place with Zeus seems like it'd be a solid choice to replace that $20 set, though. It and Zeus were featured a fair amount in the trailers and marketing before the film released.

Video reviews are out for the new Sanctum set... huge bummer that they still can't get the arm printing for Spiderman right, it's way too dark and doesn't match the bright red at all. More reviewers need to start calling this out besides Jang.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:47 PM, TobyAis said:

Fingers crossed that Series 2 will have figures from all the shows that have come out since Series 1. 

Hasbro finally announced their Marvel Legends Tobey/Andrew/Tom Spider-Man three pack due out in August... of 2023. I think it's very possible that we could get some other action figures, Funko POPs and, yes, Lego sets around then as well. Kinda like how we got the Infinity Saga wave between the different toy brands last year, we could get something like that but with Spider-Man next year. It'd make sense since we usually get MCU Spidey waves every other year, but next year there won't be a movie.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

Fingers crossed that Series 2 will have figures from all the shows that have come out since Series 1. 

I think Series 2 will PROBABLY have characters from the Newer Shows,but I'd be fine if it had a mix of New Characters like Moon Knight,Kate Bishop,Ms.Marvel and She-Hulk,but other characters from the Shows Featured in Series 1 that were left out,most notably John Walker's Captain America,Infinity Stone Ultron,and Mobius,

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

That'd be cool, but with 12 figures max, I don't see how they could cover more than 4 series.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

That'd be cool, but with 12 figures max, I don't see how they could cover more than 4 series.

If they did two for each show, they could easily fit six series into the CMF. I’m not caught up on everything but they could do Clint and Kate Bishop for Hawkeye (one of then would probably come with the dog), Moon Knight and either Mr. Knight or Scarlet Scarab for Moon Knight and then Ms. Marvel and another character from that show maybe. Depending on when this hypothetical series comes out, they’ll also be able to include characters from She Hulk, Secret Invasion and Echo.

53 minutes ago, The Stud said:

If they did two for each show, they could easily fit six series into the CMF. I’m not caught up on everything but they could do Clint and Kate Bishop for Hawkeye (one of then would probably come with the dog), Moon Knight and either Mr. Knight or Scarlet Scarab for Moon Knight and then Ms. Marvel and another character from that show maybe. Depending on when this hypothetical series comes out, they’ll also be able to include characters from She Hulk, Secret Invasion and Echo.

No way people are happy with 2 characters per show, that would let too many characters out.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

No way people are happy with 2 characters per show, that would let too many characters out.

Well sure, you can’t please everyone but it’s the best option they can go with without skipping some of these shows altogether. I wouldn’t want another situation like the first series putting way too much emphasis on one series (What If?) over the other ones. Like the first series, most of the supporting character and antagonists will probably be skipped over unfortunately.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

There aren’t really any minifigure-worthy characters from Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel aside from the main characters and Echo is getting her own show later on so 2 would be enough for Hawkeye. And then if it’s just 4 shows like the last CMF, that would just leave She-Hulk which I could see getting the most figures due to the characters that are rumored to be in it. 

17 hours ago, hvader said:

Hasbro Spider-Man 3 pack just came out… LEGO sets not too far away?

I've lost hope for NWH based sets with spoiler elements. Especially after that whole fulcrum scandal 

On 7/13/2022 at 3:51 AM, ToaDraco said:

I thought it was fairly obvious that it was one of the shadow monsters summoned by Gorr