Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

With one fig leaking…what would be the time frame till the set is revealed usually?

looks like this set might be revealed at LEGO CON after all?

Yessss, Sinister Strange has the superior hairpiece! This is how I win!

Most likely they're giving him and regular Dr Strange different hairpieces to differentiate them from each other, so yeah, I'm afraid we're stuck with the NWH hairpiece for now.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:54 AM, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

Oh I had missed this leak because at first glance I just thought it was a good custom popping up on my feed. Looks good, but I am more excited for Zombie Strange!

Yeah the custom and non Lego brands are kicking butt right now!

I dont mind these sets being late cause if the sets are better designed based on the films and not concept art.

i just remembered the sanctum wasnt even in doc 2. Just the main hall through a portal in the back ground.

so this sanctum is more of a infinity war set with MoM mini-figs. Funny thought.

Edited by BusterNut31

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

i just remembered the sanctum wasnt even in doc 2. Just the main hall through a portal in the back ground.

so this sanctum is more of a infinity war set with MoM mini-figs. Funny thought.

I realised the same thing on my second viewing of the film. Though technically we do see the Earth-838 Sanctum, which is close enough to 616s. Also Sinister Strange's, though I doubt the set would take any inspiration from that, unless most of the build is the staircase :laugh:

Hmmm, that leak man, I had my doubts as to it's legitimacy, but a new shot today (black dotted background) does look correct, and we get to see the back too. The previous one's looked iffy (maybe the poor quality images?).  In which case, it's good, can't wait until we actually get a glimpse at the set - the build could make or break it for me 

Edited by Brickin-it

NEWS TIME :P

Instructions placeholders have been added for:

• 66711 Infinity Saga Collection
  • 76223 (Believed to be the Nano Gauntlet)

I'd lean towards these being reveals we will get at Lego Con.

Updated List:

Spoiler

JUNE/JULY:

• 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C) Source

AUGUST:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Stark Suit/Iron Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo
  • 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

2023:

• 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
On 5/29/2022 at 5:16 PM, BusterNut31 said:

With one fig leaking…what would be the time frame till the set is revealed usually?

looks like this set might be revealed at LEGO CON after all?

Unsure if the Strange figure is legitimately from the Sanctum or not, but I doubt Lego will reveal all three of these expensive Marvel sets at Lego Con - it'd risk them being overshadowed by each other and the Sanctum we know is not due for release until August so it'd perhaps be too soon for a reveal even if figures or the set do leak prior. I'd place the reveal of the Sanctum in mid July.

Hulkbuster MKII would need to be late June or in July for it's release, remembering Falcon's comments about expecting it to release before August. As such I think it has the most potential for a reveal at Lego Con as they'd be able to reveal it at the Lego Con, follow it up with a press release and release following shortly after.

The D2C is still a mystery in regards to release date, but could work as a Lego Con reveal if it gets a July release.

Edited by Scarilian

54 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

NEWS TIME :P

Instructions placeholders have been added for:

• 66711 Infinity Saga Collection
  • 76223 (Believed to be the Nano Gauntlet)

I'd lean towards these being reveals we will get at Lego Con.

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man Armory
  • 76217: I am Groot
  • 10963: DUPLO Spider-Man & Friends: Funfair Adventure

JUNE/JULY:

• 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C) Source

AUGUST:

• 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)
  • 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Stark Suit/Iron Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

2023:

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.

Unsure if the Strange figure is legitimately from the Sanctum or not, but I doubt Lego will reveal all three of these expensive Marvel sets at Lego Con - it'd risk them being overshadowed by each other and the Sanctum we know is not due for release until August so it'd perhaps be too soon for a reveal even if figures or the set do leak prior. I'd place the reveal of the Sanctum in mid July.

Hulkbuster MKII would need to be late June or in July for it's release, remembering Falcon's comments about expecting it to release before August. As such I think it has the most potential for a reveal at Lego Con as they'd be able to reveal it at the Lego Con, follow it up with a press release and release following shortly after.

The D2C is still a mystery in regards to release date, but could work as a Lego Con reveal if it gets a July release.

Two things one I thought the Hulkbuster would end up being in June but it doesn’t look like that’s the case any more so sanctum will probably get revealed first Sanctum is most likely getting revealed at lego con. 

Second the place holders means the images are coming soon most likely in the next 12 hours or so 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Pictures are out for the Nano Gauntlet 

The pearl gold messenger mags are quite the NPU!

Looks great, I’m glad it’s not just a recolor of the Infinity Gauntlet. There are definitely some neat techniques that set the two apart.

So I guess this means a reveal for the Infinity Saga Collection is imminent then too?

Edited by Portal Out

Nano Gauntlet looks great. Glad they kept it in the similar style as the Infinity Gauntlet, with the black stand and Infinity Stones looking the same.

Can't wait to see what the Infinity Saga Collection set is. Sounds intriguing. 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Two things one I thought the Hulkbuster would end up being in June but it doesn’t look like that’s the case any more so sanctum will probably get revealed first Sanctum is most likely getting revealed at lego con. 

It really feels like this set doesn't exist anymore.

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't wait to see what the Infinity Saga Collection set is. Sounds intriguing. 

At first I thought it was just a collection of multiple regular sets bundled together, but why would there be an entry in the instruction portal for that? :wacko:

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At first I thought it was just a collection of multiple regular sets bundled together, but why would there be an entry in the instruction portal for that? :wacko:

That was my first thought too. 

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It's always been like that, then just like with city, they simply give all the individual instructions under the number. 66674 Skywalker Adventures Pack for example.

20 minutes ago, Xcube said:

It's always been like that, then just like with city, they simply give all the individual instructions under the number. 66674 Skywalker Adventures Pack for example.

Huh, didn‘t know that! Thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:

The Nano Gauntlet looks really good.

Sinister Strange looks pretty nice, though I'm definitely more interested in Zombie Strange, fingers-crossed he gets his demon cape too, that was one of my favorite moments in the film and it was just so cool to see how he used it. Maybe a unique cloth mold or I could see it just being made from 4 minifig bat wing pieces attached to a neck bracket with some clips.

1 hour ago, Xcube said:

Well, that sucks. Thought it'd be an interesting set.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It really feels like this set doesn't exist anymore.

Definitely weird. Even if we ignore the Sanctum, there‘s still the $500 D2C set left and I imagine they‘d try to spread them as far apart as possible :shrug_oh_well: Or maybe the big one gets released a lot later than we thought

Nano Gauntlet is confirmed as an August set by Promobricks. We still have 76222 and 76224 to be revealed that could also be August sets along with the confirmed 76220 4+ set in August.

Updated List:

Spoiler

AUGUST:

• 76223: Nano Gauntlet ($60€, 675 pcs) 

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

2023:

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

Notes:

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That's unfortunate, Hulkbuster MKII has me more hyped than the Sanctum due to the potential for Lego to handle a massive very detailed mech. If Sanctum is getting revealed then it likely means that we won't see the D2C or the Hulkbuster MKII until September at the earliest.

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely weird. Even if we ignore the Sanctum, there‘s still the $500 D2C set left and I imagine they‘d try to spread them as far apart as possible :shrug_oh_well: Or maybe the big one gets released a lot later than we thought

If Sanctum is the focus of the Lego Con then my hopes of the D2C being Stark/Avengers Tower have lowered as it would probably wind up being an icons collection set released in September like the Harry Potter icons set last year. Hulkbuster MKII could probably wind up being October as otherwise that month is just Black Panther 2 sets. Bit disappointing that it looks like all the expensive sets are coming right at the tail end of the year though.

3 hours ago, Xcube said:

If that's the case then chances are it'd bundle the Infinity Gauntlet and the Nano Gauntlet, given the release window. Unless it's a bundle of 76222, 76223 (Nano Gauntlet) and 76224 - depending on when the first and last release.

Edited by Scarilian

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still think it might've been cancelled. We last heard about it seven months ago, a single bit of info from a single source. And then nothing. 

Not to mention that three Marvel D2Cs in a span of five months doesn't sound likely, at all.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I still think it might've been cancelled. We last heard about it seven months ago, a single bit of info from a single source. And then nothing. Not to mention that three Marvel D2Cs in a span of five months doesn't sound likely, at all.

I could see the reasoning behind 3 expensive sets fairly close together if the D2C is an icons collection, as they would each target different desires from the community.

• The Sanctum is probably a mixture of a city style building exterior with playability aspects            
  • The Hulkbuster MKII being for display and posing
  • The D2C, if an Icons Collection, would target the high-end market being entirely for display

Optimus got pushed back from May to June - so perhaps similar happened to the Hulkbuster or other exclusives. I guess it is possible it got cancelled, but we've also barely heard anything about the D2C set and we generally believe that is still coming :shrug_oh_well:

For some reason, I feel the execution behind the nano gauntlet was better than the infinity gauntlet, and I can't really point out exactly why. Perhaps it has to do with the proportions or the amount of exposed studs.

The messenger bags is one of the most creative things I have seen LEGO do in recent years. Very well done.