Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 5/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, doclord said:

This MK 85 is my favorite as the mask's gold now matches the legs. Originally only the legs didn't match, but now its the arms that are the weird part, which you can replace with a gold keychain's arms and I think it looks much better.

Interesting! Do the arms not a fair bit shinier than the rest? If I find myself mellowing on the helmet then I may give that a shot.

Edit: Also, looking at TJs posts and that newer SE helmet could have been the perfect middle point I meant in my last post if it just had a splash of gold on the lower mouth piece. 

Edited by SEmrys

It's funny how much I love the Goat Boat and how much I hate... whatever the smaller set is.

They should've given him the jacket in that one. That would be enough to make it acceptable. 

CGI helmet for Thor kinda explains why we did not get it on the figure. Teaser was better than the trailer. Not really sure what else they would have made sets based on.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's better to get all the suits than to get updated versions of the same couple suits over and over. 

True, though altering the design clashes with the original heavily so display would not look nice.

Plus, the mk4 is nearly identical to the mk3.

I feel this makes it more frustrating Lego did not bother just having a slight alteration to the MK3 torso and/or legs and release it as the MK4. Would have helped sell the set more and would have required only a small bit of effort.

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

True, though altering the design clashes with the original heavily so display would not look nice.

I mean, I think it depends on A: eye for detail, and B: how similar the suits would otherwise be. I would have preferred for all the suits with the standard MCU helmet look to have the...well, standard MCU helmet part, but I'd prefer to get the Striker with the new helmet than to get the MK 2 again but with the new helmet.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I feel this makes it more frustrating Lego did not bother just having a slight alteration to the MK3 torso and/or legs and release it as the MK4. Would have helped sell the set more and would have required only a small bit of effort.

The thing is, IIRC, any print alterations technically constitute a "new print". I would assume that the reason we don't get more new prints in general isn't because they can't pay a guy to make new print designs, because Ashnflash makes like 50 new prints a week. I'm guessing it's some other step that's not substantially cheaper if the print is only changed slightly, because again, otherwise we'd see slightly altered prints very frequently if they were cheaper to do. As is, I'm gonna guess making the MK3 a MK4 would have been around the same print cost as making it the MK19 or something, and as such, we get the MK3 again.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd prefer to get the Striker with the new helmet than to get the MK 2 again but with the new helmet.

I could honestly see them delivering on the MK2-MK7 in this style this year, even if some would probably just be repeats with the new helmet and/or minor updates.

• MK3 is already released in the new style thanks to the armoury
  • MK2 & MK4 could be included in a set adapting the Iron Man Vs Rhodey scene. It makes sense to give us both in the same set as this is the only time we get to see them in a fight/action
  • MK5 seems likely to adapt this scene from Iron Man 2, Whiplash MK2 makes it likely a seperate set will happen adapting the MK5 Iron Man Vs the MK1 Whiplash
  • MK6 & MK7 from this scene in Avengers, adapted into the D2C (If it's Avengers/Stark Tower)

We'd only need two new sets and it'd make sense if they made the new helmet/visor combo because they intend to do so many Iron Man suits this year. Maybe the Hulkbuster MKII can randomly include a slightly updated MK1 as a tribute to the evolution of the suits going from one he built in a cave with a box of scraps to this massive build.

Even without the potential for other unconfirmed figures, we are getting the new helmet/visor combo used for War Machine MK1, Iron Man MK3, Iron Man MK25, presumably Iron Man MK50 (Sanctum) and Iron Man MK85. So it's a start, I'd just like to see a bit more usage this year.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The thing is, IIRC, any print alterations technically constitute a "new print"

True, but they charged nearly double what the set is worth, having a new print might have helped justify the set more.

Thor trailer was great! Would have loved a set with Zeus or the battle with Gorr

9 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

that new obi wan hair is great for Nomad (Infinity War Cap) maybe nit the right color but its perfect!

Ooh great idea! That would look fantastic! 

The Inquisitor’s head might possibly work for Gorr as well, at least for some scenes from the trailer. Plus, with all the generic black and grey sci-fi torsos and legs, this whole set might make for a pretty good Marvel figure parts pack.

Maybe the $500 isnt the Stark tower, maybe its "House Party Protocol" and will have a dozen or so different Iron Man suits. :P

Honestly though, itd be cool to see a Lego BaLego-style CMF with just 12 different Iron Man suits. We've gotten most of the cool or named suits, but I think most people missed out on the space suit, underwater suit, Heartbreaker, etc...

21 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I could honestly see them delivering on the MK2-MK7 in this style this year, even if some would probably just be repeats with the new helmet and/or minor updates.

• MK3 is already released in the new style thanks to the armoury
  • MK2 & MK4 could be included in a set adapting the Iron Man Vs Rhodey scene. It makes sense to give us both in the same set as this is the only time we get to see them in a fight/action
  • MK5 seems likely to adapt this scene from Iron Man 2, Whiplash MK2 makes it likely a seperate set will happen adapting the MK5 Iron Man Vs the MK1 Whiplash
  • MK6 & MK7 from this scene in Avengers, adapted into the D2C (If it's Avengers/Stark Tower)

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the D2C is stark tower, I could see MK6 and/or 7, but I wouldn't say whiplash mk2 is evidence that the racetrack scene set is coming. If anything, having this armory based on iron man 2 makes more sets for it less likely, I think so far the only film to get multiple "infinity saga" system sets is endgame?

And I really don't think that mk2 vs mk4 set will ever happen. I think their best shot would have been in this set, an armory primarily based on iron man 2. I can't see them doing a set based on the interior of tony's house that's not the armory. And if they did a larger set with the exterior, I'm sure it would be iron man 3 based.

Like you said, we're already getting 5 suits this summer with the new helmet. I don't know how many more new suits they'd do.

21 hours ago, Scarilian said:

True, but they charged nearly double what the set is worth, having a new print might have helped justify the set more.

I'm not saying the set is worth it (I certainly won't be buying it), just that any print alteration likely costs them the same as an entirely new print. As is, the set's got what, 2 new molds and 11? new prints?

A concept art from a rumored character from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has leaked (name in spoiler tag):

Spoiler

Namor,

which is a very tricky design. This is either gonna be a superb fig, or a total disappointment. It really needs leg printing, side leg printing and even arm printing in order to avoid a plain minifig.

5 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Maybe the $500 isnt the Stark tower, maybe its "House Party Protocol" and will have a dozen or so different Iron Man suits. :P

Honestly though, itd be cool to see a Lego BaLego-style CMF with just 12 different Iron Man suits. We've gotten most of the cool or named suits, but I think most people missed out on the space suit, underwater suit, Heartbreaker, etc...

please no, I dont want sped that kind of money on lego

6 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I think most people missed out on the space suit, underwater suit, Heartbreaker, etc...

I don't know if this is true for "most people". I've seen several Iron Man collections that include those, and I think that whoever was collecting Iron Man minifigs at the time those were released got those. Of course, the question is how many people started collecting after that and missed out as a result. I am not convinced this is most people.

I do see your point in that several people missed out and would welcome a re-release. This is always one of those cases in which people who didn't miss out will push for new suits, while people who missed out will push for re-releases. I don't think we'll get anything more Iron Man-focused than the hall of armor sets and their additions. We didn't get a hall of armor until years after Iron Man 3, so I guess we should feel lucky!

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If the D2C is stark tower, I could see MK6 and/or 7

The last release of those two suits was in 2012, so chances are we'd see updates of them two if it is indeed Stark/Avengers Tower.

I wouldn't say whiplash mk2 is evidence that the racetrack scene set is coming

True, though Whiplash MK1 is a lot more popular than the MK2. So if they intend to re-release/update the MK5 then that'd be the best way.

And I really don't think that mk2 vs mk4 set will ever happen.

If D2C gives us MK6 & MK7 then the only missing MK1-7 suit will be the MK4. It has limited screentime so probably in another 'armoury' set OR a set with the MK2 OR a polybag with a printed donut box :p

Like you said, we're already getting 5 suits this summer with the new helmet. I don't know how many more new suits they'd do.

It fluctuates, but I believe 2019 is when we got the most prior.

• 2019 gave us at least 5 Iron Man versions, MK1, MK5, MK41, MK50, MK85 and this is not counting War Machine, Time Heist, Rescue and the Brick-Built MK38.
  • 2022 so far has at least 4 Iron Man versions, MK3, MK25, MK50, MK85 and this is not counting War Machine, Whiplash or the random version used for the mech.

The Hulkbuster MKII probably has Bruce Banner as the figure, the D2C would likely include one or two new suits depending what it's based on and the unclear nature of the other 5/6 sets we know of makes it a bit difficult to judge if we could get another figure :shrug_oh_well:

the new stellar Skarsgard character from Star Wars will be great for Dr. Erik Selvig for Thor 1 and 2 and the Avengers!

rumoured to be in the new Andor set

Probably a dumb question, but is there any particular reason Multiverse of Madness only got one set? I'm guessing it was to prevent spoilers? Without giving much details, the movie had a lot of scenes that would've made great sets.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, BusterNut31 said:

the new stellar Skarsgard character from Star Wars will be great for Dr. Erik Selvig for Thor 1 and 2 and the Avengers!

rumoured to be in the new Andor set

Looking at the pics rn you’re 100% right. If the $500 set is the Avengers Tower (or if they do some more Infinity Saga sets) I can easily see them reusing the head. They nailed his likeness imo. And all the purist customizers who used the same hair for him in the past nailed it as well ;)

17 hours ago, Hisstori said:

Probably a dumb question, but is there any particular reason Multiverse of Madness only got one set? I'm guessing it was to prevent spoilers? Without giving much details, the movie had a lot of scenes that would've made great sets.

We're apparently getting a new Sanctum Sanctorum which is partially based on Multiverse of Madness, set 76218. But yes, it's almost certainly to avoid spoilers. We only got one set based on No Way Home (and two sets "based on" earlier Spidey movies but with outfits that he wears in No Way Home), and the latest Disney+ TV shows haven't had any CMFs or sets (yet).

A lot of Marvel merchandise is nowadays being released long after the initial theatrical/streaming release of the film/show, anything which may be considered a spoiler. Hopefully we'll get sets later rather than not at all... if we DO get a MoM Sanctum this year, I'm hoping it means we'll also get a NWH final showdown set with all the heroes and villains!

1 minute ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Strange with third eye leaked

I love how the picture quality makes it look yellow

Not exactly one of the figures I was looking forward too, just because his appearance is pretty dark and bland, but it's really cool to know he has the third eye

The leaks are starting to come through, and I can't stop them!

Edited by PGBQW

What hairpiece do you fellas think they're going to use for Strange this time? Probably the same from the FFH and MoM sets, but I'd love if we went back to the IW one, that was by far the best looking one.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

What hairpiece do you fellas think they're going to use for Strange this time? Probably the same from the FFH and MoM sets, but I'd love if we went back to the IW one, that was by far the best looking one.

I think we’ll get the MoM one again but I agree, I prefer the IW hairpiece. Hopefully we’ll get the Whiplash hairpiece with white lines on the side for Defender Strange if we get him.