Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

We know the three main characters, Dock Ock, and Goblin are in them... I'd bet a lot of money Iron Man will be in one, and probably Electro. Reptil is likely also given it wouldnt require any new pieces.

It'd be interesting to see the genderbent Electro in Lego form. I assume the kids show is the first time Electro's been female?

Pictures of the three Spidey sets are out! Quite cute for what the are, but the amount of new characters is unexpectedly low with only two (Sandman & Black Panther). Love the silly Spider-bus though :head_back:

This does feel more directly childish than the first wave. Also disappointed to see the only new characters are Sandman and BP, would have loved Wasp or Iron Man. Definately a pass for me, as they were last year.

I wonder how well these are doing, as they're <insert that tiresome argument> more than even the standard 4+ sets. I feel like by the time kids are out of duplo they're out of the age range of the cartoon.

EDIT: I can't say the word junior ized anymore? I'm referring to actual juniors/4+ sets. This is absurd.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

FINALLY!! A Sandman torso that isn't half and half

And that Miles figure from the lighthouse... Thinking of some serious potential to make Kaine

What a wave huh

Goblin Lighthouse is a must-have

”You know, I’m something of a pirate myself”

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

EDIT: I can't say the word junior ized anymore? I'm referring to actual juniors/4+ sets. This is absurd.

It’s been like this for years though :laugh:

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

[…] would have loved Wasp or Iron Man. 

Indeed, or even better, Electro! Can’t believe they finally have a good excuse to give us that ridiculous mask and still didn’t pull the trigger :tongue:

Perhaps the existence of a whole wave of spidey 4+ sets increases the chances of the smallest Gotg set being a regular one. My best case scenario would be it comes with 3 minifigures, to compensate the few 67 pieces. Almost like a battle pack/accessory set.

14 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I'm expecting the Bowie will probably come with Guardians in their new suits, and we'll get regular outfits in the others.

I think at total we might get 2/3+3+5/6 figures, so between 10-12 figs.

Peter, Drax, Rocket and Mantis with the same torso, Nebula with the same torso but a silver arm, Groot, Cosmo, Gamora, Adam Warlock and High Evolutionary are 10 minifigs.

This leaves space for Kraglin and maybe a reuse or one alternate suit.

Does the female Doc Ock in these 4+ Spidey sets actually match with any source material in the comics?

21 hours ago, hvader said:

Now bring me the Ant-Man set!!

Yes! If they are showing March sets then we need to see it soon.

Maybe when the new trailer is released they will do a march dump online!

Haha reading these Spidey 4+ sets comments !!!!! 

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Does the female Doc Ock in these 4+ Spidey sets actually match with any source material in the comics?

I'm sure there has been a female dock ock somewhere at some point in the comics, but it's the show's design.

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm sure there has been a female dock ock somewhere at some point in the comics, but it's the show's design.

Into the Spider-Verse

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

No.

There's a live action female Doc Ock in some obscure Marvel series who's Otto's daughter; but the main/most well known female Doc Ock is the parallel universe female version from Into The Spiderverse. As far as we know so far, there's no male version on that Earth.

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The female Doc Ock in Spidey and His Amazing Friends is Carolyn Trainer (aka Lady Octopus), who first appeared in the main 616 comic universe. Her design in the show seems to be inspired by her original comic design:  -snip-

8414701d876dfe157747f494f2b761bbceba413fv2_00.jpg

I managed to find these image of her which is the likely inspiration for the Spider-man and his Amazing Friends portrayal, note her hair is red in these versions and tends to flow to one side or behind her.

s-l500.jpg

I noticed that miles car in the morbius set has one of the ninjago crystalized crystal parts in trans blue, I might get 2 so I can make a mod to the ninjago ice dragon

you may wonder why I need two morbius minifigs, but you know what they say “the morb the merrier”

On 12/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed, or even better, Electro! Can’t believe they finally have a good excuse to give us that ridiculous mask and still didn’t pull the trigger :tongue:

I really wonder why Lego has not released an Electro minifig - he is the only member of the original Sinister Six that has not been made into a minifig!!!

34 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I really wonder why Lego has not released an Electro minifig - he is the only member of the original Sinister Six that has not been made into a minifig!!!

Technically, he was in that spider bike set and the TASM2 polybag

5 hours ago, hvader said:

Technically, he was in that spider bike set and the TASM2 polybag

I think he’s talking about the comic book electro, with the mask, yeah, 10 years and closest we’ve got is that electro as a duplo, odd

3 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I think he’s talking about the comic book electro, with the mask, yeah, 10 years and closest we’ve got is that electro as a duplo, odd

I think you kinda answered the question right there–it's probably because of the mask requiring a new mold. I imagine we'll get him eventually, but Spider-Man has dozens of other villains to pick from that don't necessitate making a new mold with limited uses.