Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

34 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I would say they are closer to Among Us than anything.

Anyways, the trailer. I don't actually love the Bowie--maybe it's weird, but I kind of just prefer the regular Ravager birds. With that said, if the set looks cool, I might be interested. Regardless of how good the movie is, a well built lego spaceship is a well built lego spaceship. 

It’s clearly a 2001 a space odyssey reference 

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Anyways, the trailer. I don't actually love the Bowie--maybe it's weird, but I kind of just prefer the regular Ravager birds. With that said, if the set looks cool, I might be interested. Regardless of how good the movie is, a well built lego spaceship is a well built lego spaceship. 

I prefer the Milano, but I'd rather this than just another ravager bird.

This movie's gonna make me cry, isn't it? That trailer clearly hints at (to the extent I'd almost consider the trailer a spoiler) the death of at least one guardian. (I won't say who, but it should be obvious who the trailer's hinting at killing). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the only OG member to survive was Quill, or Quill and Groot.

With Abilisk’s “return,” could we finally get an accurate version in one of the sets?

7 hours ago, hvader said:

With Abilisk’s “return,” could we finally get an accurate version in one of the sets?

No, we won't. The middle set would be perfect for that, but it's a spaceship. The biggest one will definitely be the Bowie. 

What's up with Quinjet's logo changing function?

They show that it's changeable, but there are at least ten Avengers logos on the vehicle, some of them on pretty big pieces.

Surely they won't include duplicates of all of them just to change the logo? But if so, what was the point of that function even existing if it's just one piece...

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What's up with Quinjet's logo changing function?

They show that it's changeable, but there are at least ten Avengers logos on the vehicle, some of them on pretty big pieces.

Surely they won't include duplicates of all of them just to change the logo? But if so, what was the point of that function even existing if it's just one piece...

This is from the listing on the lego website

• Optional stand and stickers – The model comes with a detachable display stand and a choice of 2 sticker sheets so kids can decorate the Quinjet with either Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. insignias

So I suppose it's not changeable as such. You choose which one you want and use those stickers and the other sticker sheet is redundant unless you bought duplicates of the other pieces yourself. That's how I would interpret it. 

12 hours ago, hvader said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the set descriptions have been mixed up and the midsize set isn't a spaceship, though I don't think it'll be thhe Abilisk.

The Bowie seems to be at least twice the size of the Benetar, so I hope the $100 size isn't too much of a restriction for it to be a good set.

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So this came out...

Already have a good idea of what we might see in the sets, which I shall save for later, get everyone a chance to watch this first

Well my initial thought, admittedly not thinking that there's enough actual characters, and more recently LEGO won't give us enemy soldiers they can't reuse and plaster over multiple sets (Outriders, Chitauri, AIM), was that we could see the Animen, making use of any animal costumed pieces the CMFs have given us. 

But that seems unlikely enough, between these sets we'll probably only see the 7 core Guardians, Adam Warlock, High Evolutionary and Cosmo, maybe Kraglin too

16 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Since the Guardians are all wearing the classic comic suits, I bet the minifigures will be like the initial Endgame wave where they make one torso and legs that everybody uses (except for Drax, of course). 

Certainly makes it cheaper, so at least we know those outfits will have leg printing

16 hours ago, Portal Out said:

For the longest time they’ve been using that same inaccurate hair piece for Gamora, but in the new trailer her hair actually resembles the old hair piece pretty closely lol

This means her new figure won't use that hairpiece :laugh:

14 hours ago, Brickroll said:

My thoughts exactly.

Though I can't wait to see how many people make these costumes with the classic space figures

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, we won't. The middle set would be perfect for that, but it's a spaceship. The biggest one will definitely be the Bowie. 

No guarantee we won't see it as a side build in either set

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

When are we going to see the Ant-Man set?

I was wondering the same thing, has to be in the next couple days right?

I like the sticker option on the Quinjet. The Avengers logos look cartoony so I'm glad we have the S.H.I.E.L.D. option.

As for the Bowie, I'm actually worried about that set. It's definitely a unique design but with the four-sided wings I'm afraid we'll end up with a 4-seater cockpit maximum and no other interior space at all. I hope it can at least fit all the Guardians, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I like the sticker option on the Quinjet. The Avengers logos look cartoony so I'm glad we have the S.H.I.E.L.D. option.

As for the Bowie, I'm actually worried about that set. It's definitely a unique design but with the four-sided wings I'm afraid we'll end up with a 4-seater cockpit maximum and no other interior space at all. I hope it can at least fit all the Guardians, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

I really don't know why they have the avengers logos as an option. It's not like they're on the actual ship in the movie, and unlike many of the other quinjets this one really seems to be striving for accuracy (looking at you, ultimate quinjet)

Yeah, the cockpit is so small compared to the wings (which themselves are pretty big, and waaay to wide for lego to just use some plates) that I'm not sure how they're gonna make it for $100 without it either being super disproportionate or just tiny. I'd say even a 4 seat cockpit is wishful thinking, the 2018 benatar only had 2 seats.

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

I was wondering the same thing, has to be in the next couple days right?

We don't know if it's coming out in January. 

The movie was supposed to release in July, so they probably planned a set for May. It's not easy to rush a set.

First time seeing Bowie. Probably one of the weirder ship designs. I'll probably get it and turn it into a Doc Ock Fusion device MOC or something, lol.

Please remember we have an unknown Marvel polybag in February and another in June, so you may not necessarily want to rush into buying the sets just in  the scenario that the polybags require a purchase of a certain amount from the Marvel theme.

Updated List: Now with even more links to sources :p

Spoiler

LOST IN TIME SETS:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech Armor
  • 76242: Thanos Mech Armor
  • 76243: Rocket Mech Armor
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius
  • 76245: Ghost Rider Mech & Bike
  • 76247: The Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet

FEBRUARY 2023:

MARCH 2023:

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: 'Headquarters' (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: 'Spaceship' (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs)

JUNE 2023:

UNKNOWN 2023:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest.

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded
3 hours ago, hvader said:

When are we going to see the Ant-Man set?

The late release date switch between Captain Marvel 2 and Ant-Man 3 means the set release dates might be problematic.

I would not be surprised if the Ant-Man 3 set winds up being around the previously planned July release along with a pushed back Captain Marvel 2 set. It's easier to just push back the Captain Marvel 2 set to a more appropriate release date than it is to move the Ant-Man 3 set forward.

I also think the Ant-Man 3 set would still have a level of interest if released later, especially if the set features Kang who is the core villain of this arcing narrative for these phases.

21 hours ago, steveholt said:

Well those mech sets are balls.

On another note, are bigfigs dead? When is the last time we got one?

We'll know for sure if we don't get one by early 2025. Red Hulk rumours for Captain America 4/Thunderbolts, potential for a Hulk/Skaar movie at some stage, high chance of Abomination showing up given he went off with Wong, Thing presumably requiring a big fig, etc...

That said we don't really have any concrete aspects that would include a big fig this year, most logical option would be a legacy update of the Hydra Fortress Smash featuring Hawkeye and Hulk to fit the criteria which would also mean a set adapting from Avengers: AoU.

We also have mystery sets 76250: $69.99 and 76251: $79.99 either of which could be candidates for a big fig given the pricing.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't know if it's coming out in January. 

The movie was supposed to release in July, so they probably planned a set for May. It's not easy to rush a set.

Even with delays there’s never been a movie tie in set for marvel that released after the movie was out. It’s coming in January maybe February but that’s unlikely

15 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Even with delays there’s never been a movie tie in set for marvel that released after the movie was out. It’s coming in January maybe February but that’s unlikely

Except this is the first movie with tie-in sets that got pre- rather than postponed, so there's no precedence. We don't currently know if they'll be able to release the set before the movie :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

You do understand the movie was moved up, right? If lego was planning on a may release, it's very possible that they weren't able to jump the set a full 5 months in development.

As mentioned by others, moving a sets release date forward is more complicated than delaying a set. We just don't have anything hinting it's coming in January/February at this time so I'd lean more towards Lego not being able to push it forward to release before or around the movie's new release date.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Big figs are definitely not dead. They just released a brand new mold for 2021 Thanos

I feel like this has mostly come from us not having a big fig in the Marvel line since. When the new big fig style was introduced with Thanos I was one of those who felt it'd open up a ton of possibilites and be used for a wide variety of characters... and then it's not appeared again.

With the cost to create a new mold, I'm surprised we've had nothing for 2022 as it'd have made the most sense to capitalize on the newly created mold for other big figs - at the very least we should have seen another big fig in 2022 in some theme displaying the new style introduced with Thanos. Instead... nothing.

Notably 'Sandy' from the Monkey theme became a minifigure instead of a big fig despite him being portrayed as a big fig prior to 2022. Potential story reasons for that I might be unaware of, but it's still raising concerns for me and presumably others given the lack of a big fig in 2022 and the seeming lack currently of a 2023 big fig.

Edited by Scarilian

53 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Because there's never been an MCU movie that's been pushed forward nearly half a year :jollyroger:

OMG Canceling the bigfigures when the fantastic 4, x-men, red hulk and abomination are coming would be a crime against humanity!  Just when they have reached a model close to perfection… no, no, I don't want to even think about it as a joke!!!

I noticed the change of the guy from Monkei Kid but I didn't pay attention to it, anyone follow the theme?  Is there an official explanation?

Anyway, sooner or later, an MCU set with Hulk has to come, that's when we will understand Lego's intentions 🤞

Edited by Legocentrico

47 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Notably 'Sandy' from the Monkey theme became a minifigure instead of a big fig despite him being portrayed as a big fig prior to 2022. Potential story reasons for that I might be unaware of, but it's still raising concerns for me and presumably others given the lack of a big fig in 2022 and the seeming lack currently of a 2023 big fig.

I'm sure I read somewhere or watched a video months ago that said Lego had done away with bigfigs. Can't remember if that was referring to any official source though.

And because I'm too lazy to fast forward through the DVD, is this set with the door supposed to be that scene in the 1st Doctor Strange movie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClqcmqgLSac/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Keep in mind Lego was probably given much more of a heads up that Antman was going to switch dates. Plus it seems likely that Antman will be a retail exclusive set so I wouldn’t worry yet

Second I wouldn’t worry about big figs getting canned. I really don’t think they have been

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Plus it seems likely that Antman will be a retail exclusive set so I wouldn’t worry yet

Would'nt this be a reason to be concerned if they don't feel the singular set they have for Ant-Man 3 is going to be worthy of a wider release?

43 minutes ago, Killian said:

Is this set with the door supposed to be that scene in the 1st Doctor Strange movie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClqcmqgLSac/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yes, seems to be a non-official depiction of that scene.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

if it's just one piece...

The one piece! The one piece is real!

On 12/2/2022 at 1:42 AM, bradreed715 said:

It’s clearly a 2001 a space odyssey reference 

It is indeed a Space Odyssey reference,  but I'm confident it's also going to be an Among Us reference.