Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I havent gotten a mech since the Miles Morales one, but wow, they really took out half the piece count. Theres of course the ninjago joints everybodybis complaining about, but I usually love the openable chest plat with the clip and round tile... I didnt realize theyd replaced the part behind it with a single piece to hold the fig. Very weird!

kinda disappointed that the rocket mech doesnt include a tail like how the black panther mech had an alt hair and head

Edited by Surge

16 minutes ago, Surge said:

kinda disappointed that the rocket mech doesnt include a tail like how the black panther mech had an alt hair and head

The mech itself does have a tail though :wink: The minifig, not so much

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Re: the ninjago mech pieces. I will say that they make the figures look better aesthetically. Before the limbs were simply too thin, but now they actually make the mechs look like action figures with decent proportions

I'm fine with the NinjaGo mech pieces. Something had to be done to fix the mechs because they simply didn't stand up right. I'm an adult and just want them to stand there and they wouldn't. So that is a welcome change I'm fine with. Makes playing with them easier for children.  Plus they look good.

However $15USD for a mech is simply inexcusable. Do not give me some BS on shipping costs and inflation. Inflation isn't 50%. This is LEGO being greedy and it's disgusting.

6 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

When first trying to figure out what the piece (or pieces) were I thought it could’ve been a new piece trying to see what first appeared to be a stud or two but the shape of it and parts of its look made me uncertain.

After still not knowing what it was I came back to it after a while and it appears to be a stud placed in the top of a/the cup with a flat, one-by-one circle stud put on top of the non-flat, one-by-one stud (the top of which is sticking out of the cup and is staying in the cup by way of its bottom connector aspect/part.)

Yup, you're right. Looks like a 1x1 stud with a 1x1 tile. Brilliant! I really like this new look for a flask.

10 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’ve been studying the Morbius set images trying to figure out if those pieces on the wine glasses are new.

I'm almost sure now that it's a stud with a 1x1 round tile on top. I think I can see it, and I can't see why they'd make a new piece.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

This guy here hasn't seen Morbius 🙄🙄🙄

I didn't realize there was a person alive who hadn't seen Morbius.

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The mechs have leaked; all three use the Ninjago Core limbs, Thanos has the moulded Infinity Gauntlet with all six stones, and Rocket appears to have his GotG1 orange suit (also, his mech is not Groot). 

Since the front bumper has fang stylisation, I actually wonder if the car was going to be a Morbmorbile at some point during development. The stud shooters do feel tacked-on, and bat wing pieces would fit in their place. 🤔

Ah, that sucks. I'm glad the gauntlet is full (I've already got one, but it's nice for people who don't), but the ninjago core limb usage is terrible. Removes articulation and overall just looks worse.

Spiders also have fangs, though. Add that to the 4 headlights shaped like spider eyes, and I think it was always a milesmobile. 

4 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

About the car: if you just don't place the sticker than you have a Morbius car (don't know why he would need one though). 

So he can drive the desert to talk to vulture about something to do with spider-man, I think. Intriguing.

Regarding the mechs:

Hulk Mech: 4/10. Could have been something. Could have been banner in a mech that looked like hulk, or a bigfig in a small exo-suit. Instead it's a hulk minifig in a pretty generic mech, that's even worse than normal due to the ninjago limbs.

Rocket Mech: 5.5/10. Could have been a groot mech. I like the gun arm, and I like the new rocket, which is why it's higher than the hulk one. Ninjago limbs bring it down from what would be a 7 or maybe 8.

Thanos Mech: 6.5/10. Ninjago limbs bring it down from what could have been as much as 9/10. Double sided sword, nice shoulders, full gauntlet. Only issue is the... you guessed it... ninjago limbs.

Wow, these sets actually look really impressive!
Even the Miles Morales vs Morbius set. I love the little car and Morbius looks terrific :sweet: 

My favorite is definitely the Hulkbuster and I'll probably buy it, when the time comes.
I'm not entirely sure about the Quinjet yet, even though it looks fantastic (including a decent interior!) and the minifigure selection is great. 
I love Loki's alternate face print (as well as his more accurate hairpiece) and the fact the has an accurate staff, and Black Widow's armprint. Totally disagree with the choice of Thor's face, though.
Iron Man and Cap looks amazing too, though I dislike the lighter blue parts on Cap's torso a bit, to be honest...

All in all, it looks to be a good start of the year for Marvel :excited:

Regards,
Mitch

Anyone else think Morbius and Loki’s hairpieces might look better swapped? Especially with how Loki’s hair looks in the TV show. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I was so excited at the possibility of an AutoMorbile...

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

The car in the set is literally in Morbius's colour scheme, just leave off the Spiderman sticker or swap the brick if it's printed and put Morbius in the car. The front of the car even looks like it has sets of vampire fangs, like Lego want you to run over Miles and give the car to Morbius. I bet it'd be an easy MOD to put one of the bats on the hood as a hood ornament too

Full thoughts:

76241–76243: The mechs are... okay, I guess. They aren't worth 15€ tho, and none of them feel fresh. 5/10

76244: Miles looks like they tried replicating the PlayStation version, which I love. Morbius looks good. The car is really well done, even if completely unnecessary. 7/10

76245: The build is ridiculously huge, which I love. It's so well built. Johnny is also nice. It feels like something is missing in this set tho. 7/10

76247: Excellent build, definitely my favourite Hulkbuster yet. As close to perfection as LEGO might ever get. Minifigures are good, nothing special tho. Looks like a 40€ set unfortunately. 8/10

76248: Truly incredible, what an amazing build. The stand is a fantastic addition, and it will look so good next to Benatar. The interior looks spacious too. Minifigures are lovely, Loki really takes the cake. I might have to buy this one and display it next to Benatar. 9/10

1 hour ago, Killian said:

The car in the set is literally in Morbius's colour scheme, just leave off the Spiderman sticker or swap the brick if it's printed and put Morbius in the car. The front of the car even looks like it has sets of vampire fangs, like Lego want you to run over Miles and give the car to Morbius. I bet it'd be an easy MOD to put one of the bats on the hood as a hood ornament too

It's definately miles's car (see: the spider eyes), but "Lego wants you to run over Miles and give the car to morbius" may displace automorbile for the best comment on this thread. (Sorry, @PGBQW)

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Full thoughts:

76241–76243: The mechs are... okay, I guess. They aren't worth 15€ tho, and none of them feel fresh. 5/10

76244: Miles looks like they tried replicating the PlayStation version, which I love. Morbius looks good. The car is really well done, even if completely unnecessary. 7/10

76245: The build is ridiculously huge, which I love. It's so well built. Johnny is also nice. It feels like something is missing in this set tho. 7/10

76247: Excellent build, definitely my favourite Hulkbuster yet. As close to perfection as LEGO might ever get. Minifigures are good, nothing special tho. Looks like a 40€ set unfortunately. 8/10

76248: Truly incredible, what an amazing build. The stand is a fantastic addition, and it will look so good next to Benatar. The interior looks spacious too. Minifigures are lovely, Loki really takes the cake. I might have to buy this one and display it next to Benatar. 9/10

I agree with your sentiments (if not your ratings. Too generous to the mechs and hulkbuster, and the Morbius set is unironically an 8/10 minimum IMO. At least the stupid vehicle actually looks kinda sic).

I will say between the hulkbuster and quinjet my wallet is looking at me suspiciously. both great sets, but the Hulkbuster's overpriced and the quinjet, while good value, is still pretty expensive.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

Something had to be done to fix the mechs because they simply didn't stand up right. I'm an adult and just want them to stand there and they wouldn't.

Good news: They won't. Look at the feet for Rocket and GR.

Anyway, massive news I don't think anyone's picked up on.... THE HULKBUSTER HAS KNEE ARTICULATION. Based on the design you should be able to hinge them, with the clips in the back providing the angle and the mechanical arm to 1x1 plate with bar connections providing extra friction.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

So this came out...

Already have a good idea of what we might see in the sets, which I shall save for later, get everyone a chance to watch this first

So, did they made a Hulk mech only so we can have something to fight the Hulkbuster?

Since the Guardians are all wearing the classic comic suits, I bet the minifigures will be like the initial Endgame wave where they make one torso and legs that everybody uses (except for Drax, of course). 

The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 wave is gonna leave me broke...

Can't wait to see those sets. They'll definitely use the uniforms for all of the Guardians. My guesses would be:

76253: Star-Lord, Kraglin, and Cosmo with a small Knowhere sidebuild

76254: Rocket Raccoon, Nebula, Mantis, and the High Evolutionary with a medium-sized spaceship 

76255: Star-Lord, Groot, Drax, Gamora, and Adam Warlock with the Bowie

I do hope the sets will have all the Guardians — Kraglin, Gamora and Cosmo included. High Evolutionary and Adam Warlock are also a must.

For the longest time they’ve been using that same inaccurate hair piece for Gamora, but in the new trailer her hair actually resembles the old hair piece pretty closely lol

It’ll be really interesting to see how well Lego pulls off the Bowie, I wonder what the piece count for 76255 will be. Last year’s Benatar set such a high bar for spaceship sets that I can’t imagine that being surpassed. 

Also, new moulds for Cosmo and Groot please!

More specifically a reference to Destination Moon (1950) than to Classic Space (1979).

11 minutes ago, LB2341 said:

Did anyone else get reminded of the classic spacemen at 0:47 in the trailer?

I would say they are closer to Among Us than anything.

Anyways, the trailer. I don't actually love the Bowie--maybe it's weird, but I kind of just prefer the regular Ravager birds. With that said, if the set looks cool, I might be interested. Regardless of how good the movie is, a well built lego spaceship is a well built lego spaceship.