Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

The mechs and Spidey's Friends set numbers appear on Lego's website, so should hopefully be revealed tomorrow. Nothing on Ant-Man.

Here are my thoughts:
Miles Morales vs Morbius: 9 Morbillion out of 10. Incredible. The design is. The figures are. The packaging is. The printing is. 

Jokes aside, it is a good set. It's a pretty solid car design, and something I'll be mocing into a normal (but sic) car. I'll use the crystal blade for a bionicle figure, and the figures are excellent. I don't have a miles yet, and Morbius is of course excellent to have for the memes. For $25, I'll buy it day one.

Ghost Rider Mech: 4/10. Disgusting. The mech is worse than a standard mech, the bike is awful, and there's no figure scale bike for GR. Not to mention, only one figure in a $35 set? I'll bricklink Ghost rider, and that's it.

Hulkbuster: 7/10. Ooooh, I want to stop myself from buying this set. I already have a hulkbuster mk2, but this is such an excellent design. Unfortunately, the figures are awful. 2 repeat outriders, ugh. And Okoye and Bruce, while somewhat better, are just not personally characters I care about. I think I will be able to avoid buying it, unless it hits a really solid sale. EDIT: Ew, $50. That's a definate no from me dawg.

Quinjet: 8.5/10. Dangit marvel! I'm already buying a ton of SW this year, plus Indiana Jones, LOTR.... but this is an excellent set. The stand is nice, the swappable decals are a nice touch, and that quinjet design is near-perfect. My only gripe is the blue windscreen. The figure count is... not perfect, but not terrible. 4/6 avengers and loki. The figures themselves have an excellent Loki, Iron Man, and Black Widow, as well as a fine Captain America and a not-great thor. (I haaate the head they've been using recently)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Quinjet looks great, another "mini UCS" like the Benatar from last year. And I have to laugh at how the Hulkbuster looks better than the big one with 10x the pricetag.

2 hours ago, legomarvelbricksfan said:

I don’t believe the Ant-Man set will release in January. When the movie got pushed up to February, they now had less time to wrap up the set. So they could only push it a few months up but not all the way up to January. My best guess would probably be a March 1st release date .

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the delay release dates for Black Widow or Eternals affected the set releases.

19 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe the delay release dates for Black Widow or Eternals affected the set releases.

It doesn't matter, Quantumania was moved up. The issue is that the set may not have been as far along as production as it would need to be for a Jan 1 release.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It doesn't matter, Quantumania was moved up. The issue is that the set may not have been as far along as production as it would need to be for a Jan 1 release.

Ahhh I misread that it was moved up, not moved down. But looks like the film’s date has moved up and down a few times so it really just depends on when Lego got the go ahead to start working on the set.

I really like how the vials are done this time in the Morbius vs Miles set; instead of using the specific, molded pieces LEGO used upside down wine glasses with a stud or two (or maybe a new piece?) at the bottom (top of the cup where the opening is.)

I like the designs of Mile’s car and the hulkbuster. The Morbius figure is neat though I’ll probably change his hair to the one that was used for Lobo.

5 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

I really like how the vials are done this time in the Morbius vs Miles set; instead of using the specific, molded pieces LEGO used upside down wine glasses with a stud or two (or maybe a new piece?) at the bottom (top of the cup where the opening is.)

I like the designs of Mile’s car and the hulkbuster. The Morbius figure is neat though I’ll probably change his hair to the one that was used for Lobo.

I’ve been studying the Morbius set images trying to figure out if those pieces on the wine glasses are new.

This was a pleasant surprise this evening. I'll try to (somewhat) briefly go over my thoughts on all of them.

• 76244 Miles Morales vs. Morbius: Yes, this is indeed one of the sets of all time. I'm going to be honest, I only care about that Morbius figure. That build for the car is surprisingly well done, I just have zero use for it in my collection. I'm probably going to order Dr. Michael "It's Morbin' Time" Morbius off of Bricklink just for the memes.

• 76245 Ghost Rider Mech & Bike: Not going to lie, the build for this kinda looks like a bootleg toy. The oversized bike is okay I guess but that mech is awful. I don't understand why Ghost Rider would ever use a mech either though I'm obviously putting too much thought into that. This is the line that had the infamous Mandarin Flamethrower Golf Cart after all.

• 76247 The Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda: I have conflicted feelings about this one. The model itself is amazing and easily beats out every Lego Hulkbuster, including that $550 one and I sorta want to replace the 2018 version with this one. I like the updated Bruce Banner and Okoye a lot, thought the minifigure selection in general is very weak here. The price of $50 is also a bit absurd for what you're getting. This one's going on my MAYBE list, like possibly if I find a great deal on it.

• 76248 The Avengers Quinjet: Now this is the one new set here I can say that I am 100% getting. It surpassed my expectations and I'm glad they're doing something I've wanted to see for like a year now: a pseudo-D2C Quinjet with a stand like the 2021 Benatar. The model looks pretty good with a decent interior that's accurate to the film, plus the cool interchangable S.H.I.E.L.D/Avengers stickers. The Thor figure is eh, fine, (I dislike that face print) and I mentioned yesterday how they should've used a lighter shade of blue for 2012 Cap. Otherwise, the updated 2012 Black Widow with arm printing is phenomenal, the new Loki is great, especially with that alternate face print and hair piece, and new helmet aside, it's great to get a new Mark 7 Iron Man. Hawkeye definitely should have come in this set though. I'll probably pick up this set over the summer next year.

Also is it just me or does the box art of Iron Man with the nano gauntlet looks kinda weird?

Edited by The Stud

7 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

They gave Spiderman a car, ands not Morbius?!? I lament our lack of a Morbile:cry3:

Since they both have the same colour scheme, I plan on not adding the scheme so nothing indicates is actually Miles' car.

7 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Tbf neither of them actually need a car

This guy here hasn't seen Morbius 🙄🙄🙄

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Miles Per Hour Vs Morb

Genious

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’ve been studying the Morbius set images trying to figure out if those pieces on the wine glasses are new.

I think it‘s just a 1x1 round tile on top of a 1x1 round plate on top of a wine glass :classic:

My favourite of these sets is definitely the Hulkbuster, but the others look cool as well! Nice to finally get a more accurate Quinjet from the first Avengers movie. The comic sets are the usual fare, but with great minifigs, especially the Morbinator himself :thumbup: 

The mechs have leaked; all three use the Ninjago Core limbs, Thanos has the moulded Infinity Gauntlet with all six stones, and Rocket appears to have his GotG1 orange suit (also, his mech is not Groot). 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Since they both have the same colour scheme, I plan on not adding the scheme so nothing indicates is actually Miles' car.

Since the front bumper has fang stylisation, I actually wonder if the car was going to be a Morbmorbile at some point during development. The stud shooters do feel tacked-on, and bat wing pieces would fit in their place. 🤔

86413_76244_Prod.jpg

New 2023 wave looks like a solid wave to me, with some obvious flaws.

Morbius set is a must buy for memes alone, car is ok here, but nothing special.

Ghost rider set is a monstrosity, I can’t unsee. Definitely a pass for me.

Hulkbuster MkII looks amazing. Looks like Lego finally mailed design here, looks way better that already good 2018 version. But the biggest flaw is once again minifigs! I’m fine with reusing Okoye in cheaper set here, and new Bruce looks good except for the hairpiece. They can’t seem to nail Rufallos hair design in Infinity War. But 2 outriders and that’s it? For 50$, they could have at least included some other hero or villain! War Machine, Falcon or Corvus Glaive would have been perfect for this set! Corvus Glaive wouldn’t even need any new pieces! Minifig selection could have been way better!

Quinjet set build wise is amazing! Looks accurate and maybe even the best Quinjet ever?! They even made a stand, like pseudo UCS, love it!

The problem is once again minifigs. Iron Man and Loki look good, but the rest, what happened here? Caps face is printed in blue head as leaked minifig showed, so it will be super pale skin tone once again. Avengers 1 Thor uses fat Thor face which is inaccurate for this scene and looks plain bad. And Black Widow uses wrong hairpiece yet again! Lego already has mold for perfect BW Avengers 1 hair( Hollywood starlet hairpiece from Cmf), but they choose to use inaccurate hair here. And no leg prints for her yet she gets arm prints. And she has blue stun buttons from AoU instead of pistols she used in Avengers 1. 
PS they should have included Hawkeye and Hulk in this set as this is only Avengers 1 set we’ve gotten in ages. Might as well have included all original Avengers here even if it raised the price.

35 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

The problem is once again minifigs. Iron Man and Loki look good, but the rest, what happened here? Caps face is printed in blue head as leaked minifig showed, so it will be super pale skin tone once again. Avengers 1 Thor uses fat Thor face which is inaccurate for this scene and looks plain bad. And Black Widow uses wrong hairpiece yet again! Lego already has mold for perfect BW Avengers 1 hair( Hollywood starlet hairpiece from Cmf), but they choose to use inaccurate hair here. And no leg prints for her yet she gets arm prints. And she has blue stun buttons from AoU instead of pistols she used in Avengers 1. 
 PS they should have included Hawkeye and Hulk in this set as this is only Avengers 1 set we’ve gotten in ages. Might as well have included all original Avengers here even if it raised the price.

I agree with you about hawkeye and hulk. I'd have happily paid the extra to get all 6. 

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

When first trying to figure out what the piece (or pieces) were I thought it could’ve been a new piece trying to see what first appeared to be a stud or two but the shape of it and parts of its look made me uncertain.

After still not knowing what it was I came back to it after a while and it appears to be a stud placed in the top of a/the cup with a flat, one-by-one circle stud put on top of the non-flat, one-by-one stud (the top of which is sticking out of the cup and is staying in the cup by way of its bottom connector aspect/part.)

Edited by SuperSquidman

Oh wow, that's an incredible wave :wub:

I love all of those sets, or at the very least they look good for what they are (I'm looking at you, mechs).

A complete gauntlet with the thanos mech is nice, I still only have three on mine ( the power stone from the infinity war Space Pod, the reality stone from the Infinity war benatar, and the time stone from the modular Sanctum)

Using the Ninjago core 'Joints' is a clear downgrade though.

The Ninjago elbow/knee pieces really drag the mechs down. They look okay and I'm glad Thanos comes with a complete Gauntlet, but they're the least interesting out of all the $10 mechs LEGO has made since 2020. A new minifigure Hulk is cool but Thanos is nothing special. Rocket is nice but I find it very odd that he gets a mech over characters like Captain Marvel, Black Widow, or even Star-Lord if we're just focusing on the Guardians. Heck, where's our War Machine mech?? 

Looks like a good wave! I'm surprised every set is just one main build, without any side builds. It is a different approach taken by LEGO.

The quinjet is stellar for me! And the hulkbuster is great!

About the car: if you just don't place the sticker than you have a Morbius car (don't know why he would need one though). 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Since the front bumper has fang stylisation, I actually wonder if the car was going to be a Morbmorbile at some point during development. The stud shooters do feel tacked-on, and bat wing pieces would fit in their place. 🤔

We live in a society were even Marvel can't escape the mandatory batmobile in every wave

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Using the Ninjago core 'Joints' is a clear downgrade though.

Why can't they pick a design for the mechs and stick with it? Especially after the disaster last year, where they try to change it up, fail, hold the release back, then give us misaligned leg joints. Now rather than fix that mistake, they remove all layers of articulation

I don't know if the finger pieces are new, but they're certainly a more welcome addition than these legs

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Heck, where's our War Machine mech?? 

Well we had one a few years ago, felt like it was brushed over because of inaccuracy

Edited by Quicksilver838

These new mechs are such a downgrade from the past ones. Knee, elbow, and wrist articulation has all been removed, which ruins so much of the appeal these mechs had for me as mini brick built action figures. Now, with this design, I don't care to get any more of them, which sucks because I actually do like the bike build,  but it's Too much effort to redesign the entire mech to fit the old style. Oh well.

As for the other sets, miles vs morbius has an alright build, but it's another spidey vehicle so it's hard for me to care. It's cheap enough that I can justify getting it for the minifig alone. The hulkbuster looks good, but seems super overpriced for the size, so I'm good. The quinjet is very nice, interesting that kept the color scheme mostly gray, but I'm still happy with the endgame one, so I'll probably pass.

I'm still waiting on the quantumania set, but at this rate I'll only get the morbius set. Welp, that's less money I'm spending in January.