Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Loving the Morbius Minifigure but that Ghost Rider set is so disappointing.

love the new quinjet, Loki minifigure with the mouth piece print is *chefs kiss* 

Edited by AndrewCole14

5 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Tbf neither of them actually need a car

I didn't know Miles Morales was old enough to drive, then? I thought he was like, 15?

Edited by Murdoch17

One of the angles on the quinjet makes it look like it's the best version of it ever made, but the other angle makes it look absolutely terrible, and I cannot decide which one it is...

I think I need to see more photos to decide, but I'm leaning towards not getting it.

The Morbius set is of course absolutely necessary, I might grab the Ghost Rider one if I get a chance and have the cash, and although it's neat, I already quite like the old Hulkbuster, although I must admit, the Bruce is quite good. 

The new Quinjet looks incredible! I love how sleek and smooth the build looks and it appears to have a sizable interior. The inclusion of the display stand and option to swap between the Avengers and SHIELD logos is a nice touch. The minifigures look well detailed too, especially the printed arms on Black Widow and the alternate face for Loki when he's captive at the end of the movie.

The Hulkbuster is oversized at first glance but the detail compared to the previous releases is simply unmatched. The small addition of shoulder armor really goes a long way to improving Okoye's figure over the Wakanda Forever set. The Miles Morales/Morbius also looks like a solid impulse buy.

Not a fan of the mechs but its an interesting direction they took with Ghost Rider by including his bike. Surprised they didn't reveal the other two mech sets.

I'm very surprised that Cull Obsidian wasn't included in the Hulkbuster set, considering he would have made sense as an inclusion, and would have complemented the IW figures included in the Sanctum.  The build is a lot better looking than I was expecting though.

Hopefully the rest of the first movie Avengers lineup will turn up in a summer set (maybe a Leviathan and/or Chariot as the builds to go with Hulk, Hawkeye, and a couple Chitauri)

Oh my goodness, that Quinjet is better than my wildest dreams for a Quinjet. Definitely a must-buy, even if the PPP is kinda high. The Miles Morales car is pretty sweet too, and that Hulkbuster is great.

I LOVE the Ghost Rider set!!! The new figure is pretty great though the face is a bit doughy, like an old rubberhose cartoon. I still wish he had arm and leg printing. The bike is phenomenal,the mech is about what I expected, I'm glad it's using the brand new claw puece in black, those will be very useful.

The Morbius set is fantastic. The car looks like it fits Morbius better than Milws and it looks really good, Morbius is fantastic.

I thought I was done with Hulkbusters but wow, that is a really awesome Hulkbuster. Definitely going to get it at some point.

The Quinjet looks really good and I'm so happy it comes with a stand. I'm really glad it's like a "premium" vehicle build on par with the last Benatar set and I hope we continue to get more Marvel vehicle sets in this vein.

The Quinjet and Brucebuster are an instant buy for me, love them! As for the Ghost Rider Mech Cycle and Miles vs. Morb sets, all I feel is apathy. I can definitely appreciate Lego trying something new with the former though.

Also, does anyone feel like the package art has suffered a serious downgrade? Looks very generic now, although these are just cardboard boxes at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully the rest of the first movie Avengers lineup will turn up in a summer set (maybe a Leviathan and/or Chariot as the builds to go with Hulk, Hawkeye, and a couple Chitauri)

Hopefully 2023 will be the year for a modular Stark/Avengers Tower.

The hulkbuster looks great! Looks like it has some great pieces for MOCing a minifig scale build :pir_tong2:

At a glance the Quinjet looks super sleek and as if they took all of the good parts of the best quinjet (the one from the Endgame waves) and improved on it... after looking deeper at it, there are some build techniques that are a little concerning, namely around the cockpit. That ones definitely a wait and see for me.

Morb and Ghost Rider are alright, but ngl, I absolutely HATE those non-poseable joints that get used in all of the cheap Ninjago sets.

Morb's hairpiece cracks me up too. I hope this set's popularity doesnt give Sony the impression we want more Morb...

I love the Hulkbuster - the design is way better than I was expecting! Minifigures are just okay, Okoye is better than the Wakanda Forever minifigure but she still needs leg printing. For $50 I would've expected another figure, like Proxima Midnight or Corvus Glaive. The Quinjet looks cool but from some angles it looks very blocky to me. I love the cockpit design but not the trans-blue color of the windshield. I like that a stand is included though and it seems to have a big interior. Updated minifigures look good and I LOVE the captured face for Loki! 

The Miles set actually looks like a decent build but the Ghost Rider one is a huge letdown. I hate the locked joints that the Ninjago core sets introduced. They feel like cheap, Juniors-style pieces which works well in a 6+ set but not in anything else, IMO. It really downgrades these mechs and if every one is using that piece I'm gonna be really annoyed since the mechs were already pretty perfect builds with plenty of articulation. 

Not sure about the quinjet. I know this is blasphemy, but I think it should have more studs overall and should have used a similar technique to the Blue Power Jet for the wings. The rear landing gear 100% need to be modded if I do end up getting it (which I honestly might). I do love the triple windscreen technique used on the front and the sizeable interior though, and I'm sure it looks even better from a higher angle.

13 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I hate the locked joints that the Ninjago core sets introduced. They feel like cheap, Juniors-style pieces which works well in a 6+ set but not in anything else, IMO. It really downgrades these mechs and if every one is using that piece I'm gonna be really annoyed since the mechs were already pretty perfect builds with plenty of articulation. 

Couldn’t agree more with this. The piece itself is quite appealing and robust for younger builders, but seeing it creep its way into more and more sets isn’t encouraging to see.

I was prepared for a bland hulkbuster with big minifigures, but this blew my mind!  Bruce/Hulk's new face is ok, but the rest is lazy… also the quinjet is destabilizing, maybe when I think about the new sets I always expect too much, and then I'm always a bit disappointed.  The minifigures are very nice and the gag of Loki is brilliant, but the absence of the Hulk and Hawkeye is felt.  I hope Lego has thought of a summer set to solve this problem

Miles Per Hour Vs Morb: it's one of those classic unnecessary Spider Man builds, but I actually like it for what it is. Miles suit is pretty cool, it's closer to the jacket version, but the torso detailing isn't the same. Morbius is fantastic! Not a big fan of the hair used, but I love he's flying around with a vial of blood

The Ghost Rider bike looks really good, and the figure update is cool too, but it's a pass on this one, wouldn't be the case if it was minifigure scale, or at least came with another character.

Hulkbuster is really nice, definitely one of the better, maybe even the best. Bruce is an incredible figure, and I love his new alternate Hulking out face. Okoye is an unexpected inclusion, but it makes sense, certainly good for spare Dora parts. Though if we were always gonna get her here, we could've just had the Midnight Angel in the War on the Water set. Two more Outriders, like we all don't have enough. Not even updated ones either. All together a very unusual figure selection, I was hoping for one of the Black Order. If Maw can be updated, why can't Corvus?

Quinjet. Yes. Considering how old the original is, mine has suffered the fate of turning colour, so I'm glad to see this revisit is actually really nice! And you can alternate between Avengers and SHIELD logos! Great stuff. The figures are absolutely incredible, Loki is the best he's ever been, Black Widow with the SHIELD logo is great, Thor being the same as the Hammer works fine for me, didn't pick it up (not worthy). Little disappointed at that price they didn't do Hawkeye either, Hulk I understand, but maybe they'll pop up in an Avengers Tower? Or in another Avengers set with a Leviathan?

Does anyone know if the mechs and Spidey 4+ sets are releasing January or March. During my hype I completely forgot about them until halfway through my review 

Edited by Quicksilver838

Not a repeat, but looks almost, as a mix of both, but still different.

Edited by Shiva
spelling

10 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Can anyone tell if it’s a new Iron Man variant or repeated from the Armoury? I’m blind.

The helmet might be the same as the Mark 3, but the torso and legs are new for a more detailed Mark 7

Love all the new sets. Excited to get the new Loki the most. So the ant-man and wasp shouldn’t be to far from being revealed right?

Ohh, that is a good looking Loki!

Hulkbuster and Quinjet on the buy wishlist! + maybe Miles Morales and Morbius, for the minifigs.

Quinjet nose, that I wish for more down angle.

Brickset article https://brickset.com/article/86413/2023-marvel-sets-officially-announced!

Time for a brick built Hulk? or is it too small for brick build?

Oh, wait. 76247, not to scale. Still close to x2, vs minifig scale?

Edited by Shiva
additions.

Wow all of these set designs look pretty good, and the Quinjet is pretty good value even with a low-ish piece count. Looks great.

Some of the typical Superheroes line cut corners on the minifigures show frustratingly. I love the new Bruce Banner head, but that Thor head doesn't work for Avengers Thor at all. And the bare minimum of leg prints of course.

Also unless there are any more sets yet to be revealed, it's a shame they didn't just throw Hawkeye into the Quinjet so you could get the whole team across that and the Hulkbuster sets.

I don’t believe the Ant-Man set will release in January. When the movie got pushed up to February, they now had less time to wrap up the set. So they could only push it a few months up but not all the way up to January. My best guess would probably be a March 1st release date .