Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:I was in your position for awhile. I gave up and have decided it will be my christmas present to myself this year. Figure the Bugle's close-ish to retiring and the soonest they can get a NWH set out is apparently summer 2022, so I have some time for my wallet to regenerate.

Thanks, I think the daily bugle looks great and the figures are perfect, but I feel like I could regret getting it if a NWH set comes out, but I think I’ll just get the bugle

On 11/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Awesome tribute! Hope the ship has a new colour scheme, preferably green or red :excited:

Well you were right, I was worried it would look similar enough to the Milano and Benatar, but it's really unique compared to the others, and I really hope it's the $100 set

19 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Thanks, I think the daily bugle looks great and the figures are perfect, but I feel like I could regret getting it if a NWH set comes out, but I think I’ll just get the bugle

No Way Home sets are currently a hypothetical, we all anticipate them, but we don't know when or if they're coming, or how much they'd cost. But if they don't and the Bugle retires, you might regret waiting too long and not getting the Bugle in the end. It's truly a beautiful set, and building it was the highlight of my lockdown

4 hours ago, hvader said:

If we get NWH wave 2 I would love a remake of the 2002 Goblin Glider set. We need more good $10 MCU sets

We need more small sets. As a kid I loved the $5 and $10 ninjago sets. Now the cheapest actual set you can generally get is $15 (aside from gimmicks like microfighters and mechs). And it's not like we've had 200% inflation over the past decade or so.

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

This is my current plan as well.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

No Way Home sets are currently a hypothetical, we all anticipate them, but we don't know when or if they're coming, or how much they'd cost. But if they don't and the Bugle retires, you might regret waiting too long and not getting the Bugle in the end. It's truly a beautiful set, and building it was the highlight of my lockdown

Agreed. If you decide you no longer want the Bugle, you can always sell it or the figures

11 hours ago, hvader said:

If we get NWH wave 2 I would love a remake of the 2002 Goblin Glider set. We need more good $10 MCU sets

I'm pretty sure they won't make sets based on Sony's previous movies.

Sony doesn't have the toy rights, that's why the only Spider-Man sets we get are either MCU or comicbook based.

I just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and now I wish this year's advent calendar had included a Kevin Bacon minifigure and a new animal mould for Cosmo the Spacedog. I mean we have two different moulds for Krypto the Superdog, why not give us a Cosmo?

I suppose she'll appear in the 2023 Guardians sets, I just hope it's  a new animal mould and not a brick built thing like the Porgs from Disney in Space

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure they won't make sets based on Sony's previous movies.

Sony doesn't have the toy rights, that's why the only Spider-Man sets we get are either MCU or comicbook based.

I think what he meant was a spiritual successor to that set, so a $10-15 set with the NWH Design Green Goblin and MJ with maybe the lamps as debris or something else as an allusion to that set. Very unlikely they would reference that set, but an interesting idea nonetheless

Edited by Walter529a

13 hours ago, Killian said:

I just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and now I wish this year's advent calendar had included a Kevin Bacon minifigure and a new animal mould for Cosmo the Spacedog. I mean we have two different moulds for Krypto the Superdog, why not give us a Cosmo?

My theory is that Kevin Bacon didn't give his likeness to be used for merchandise.

As for Cosmo, advent calendars have never had new molds.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My theory is that Kevin Bacon didn't give his likeness to be used for merchandise.

As for Cosmo, advent calendars have never had new molds.

Cosmo will be back in vol 3 most likely so we’ll get her in March I think

6 hours ago, hvader said:

April.

And yeah, I feel like Cosmo will be in the smallest set, to somehow draw attention away from that laughably low piece count.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

April.

And yeah, I feel like Cosmo will be in the smallest set, to somehow draw attention away from that laughably low piece count.

The set is just 65 1x6x5 panels in LBG (representing panels cosmo can telekenetically move) along with cosmo. The large pieces offset the low piece count.

13 hours ago, hvader said:

Of course. I was just saying they couldn't put her in the advent calendar due to not having new molds to use in those sets.

After watching The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, I wonder if the Guardian's Hideout set with the low piece count will be a micro-scale KnowWhere?

45 minutes ago, Killian said:

After watching The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, I wonder if the Guardian's Hideout set with the low piece count will be a micro-scale KnowWhere?

Microscale? For 10 bucks? :tongue: At that price point, it‘d probably be picoscale :head_back:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Prob a brick wall in Knowhere, and watch Lego call it “Guardians’ Knowhere HQ” like they called that wall “Shuri’s Lab” this year

32 minutes ago, hvader said:

Prob a brick wall in Knowhere, and watch Lego call it “Guardians’ Knowhere HQ” like they called that wall “Shuri’s Lab” this year

Oh yeah... I forgot that's a thing Lego do now :cry_sad:

It will definitely be called something like Guardians of the Galaxy Knowhere Base or something, but don't expect anything more than a stand and a weapon rack.

37 minutes ago, Legodude123 said:

So the January leaks have to be this week right?

I'm dying to see the greatest Lego Marvel set of all time: The Morbius Car aka Morbmobile

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I'm dying to see the greatest Lego Marvel set of all time: The Morbius Car aka Morbmobile

Or as @PGBQW put it, the "automorbile"

Jokes aside I legitimately want to buy this set. I lost my Miles, totally want a Lego Morbius, and I mean, c'mon. A morbius car is hilarious.

4 hours ago, Legodude123 said:

So the January leaks have to be this week right?

No, the official reveals should be this week. Too late for leaks now :tongue:

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, the official reveals should be this week. Too late for leaks now :tongue:

I've got to say, it's really impressive how it's almost December, and we didn't get a single leaked set image (except for an actual in-hand set with its instructions).

Bring on the Morb. Otherwise I'm not too stoked for the upcoming sets; hopefully I end up pleasantly surprised.

I mean, leaks of the Antman funko pops showed up over the weekend, and we have the first look at MODOK and Kang. Honestly I'm a little afraid of how far this movie might deviate from the comics 

47 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I mean, leaks of the Antman funko pops showed up over the weekend, and we have the first look at MODOK and Kang. Honestly I'm a little afraid of how far this movie might deviate from the comics 

I mean to be honest MODOK is very difficult to adapt into live-action and I think they did the best they could…

Even the Square Enix one was still animation (albeit a very realistic one), and I just don’t think it would look as good in live-action.

i will be very disappointed if MODOK doesn’t end up being the build of this set