Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, thedarthknight3 said:

To be optimistic, we may get all 4 main characters (Antman, Wasp, Cassie and Kang) AND a buildable Modok. The Escape from the 10 Rings set was the same price with 4 minifigures so whilst it is probably unlikely, its not unprecedented. At that point tho it would just be a glorified minifigure pack, which whilst I am not opposed to that as a minifigure collector, might not be popular across the wider Lego community

I'm not a minifig collector by any means and that's exactly what I want! Depending on the full design in the film, I could totally see MODOK making for a decent $30 build. supposedly Kang's time chair is important to the film as well, so I could see that being included too. It's totally possible.

19 minutes ago, The Stud said:

This just occurred to me last night. I am a bit concerned that Lego having four Marvel D2Cs available going into next year (the Daily Bugle, Sanctum Sanctorum, Black Panther bust and Hulkbuster) means that whatever NWH stuff we get in the second half of next year, assuming we actually get stuff, won't include a D2C Statue of Liberty.

I hope the NWH set isn't a D2C. It would probably be out of my budget if that were the case, and a very large statue of liberty doesn't exactly interest me either. I'm good with a larger playset for that scene.

After watching the guardian's holiday special trailer im disappointed with the advent calendar. Where's my Kevin Bacon minifigure. Also Cosmo. 

If Lego is doing NWH sets it's more likely they would play it safe with a wave of perhaps three or four sets rather than a big D2C. The most obvious being a bridge battle set that just features Ock, Iron Spider and a car.

The more I think about it the more excited I am for this Rocket mech. Pretty much each mech has gotten a new print I think so I don’t see them using an MCU print. I believe these mechs are loosely based on the mech strike comics. A lot of the designs have been  mechs in those comics such as Black Panther, Hulk, Thanos, Iron, Man, Captain America, Thor, and Spiderman. Interestingly, Captain Marvel seems to be the only major player from said comics not yet adapted in mech form. Thors mech seems to clearly take inspiration from said comic as the winged helmet was used on his comic mech design as well. Black Panthers mech resembles the large claws used in the comics.

That said Rocket does not appear in those comics to my knowledge but from what we’ve gotten so far its safe to say his set will be loosey comic based. I’m just so excited to get comic based Guardians content. His MCU orange suit has trickled over to the comics so for all intents we do already have a rocket figure that works for a comic setting but to have an official one is really exciting for me. 

I personally hope for a blue and red suit with brown fur, but a green suit Rocket would be awesome as well. Can’t wait to see this figure.

Edited by cosmic

13 hours ago, Capybara554321 said:

After watching the guardian's holiday special trailer im disappointed with the advent calendar. Where's my Kevin Bacon minifigure. Also Cosmo. 

Most likely Cosmo will be part of the GotG Volume 3 sets next year. Excited for a Cosmo fig as well. :grin:

Rocket missing from promo material that shows Starlord, Nebula, and Drax in classic Guardians red/blue outfits makes me nervous ☠

I know the endgame outfit was meant to emulate the uniform, but its be cool if the new mech uses it or something closer to the comic version. Itll surely use the new raccoon head.

Lego has, in the past, taken advantage of mechs to repurpose some minifigures designed for larger sets, and with the Guardian sets arriving in April I assumed they would recycle that Rocket.  Actually, however, all the mechs of this year have obtained unreleased minifigures, so I can see an unreleased Rocket, and I believe that the classic version of the comics would be the most logical choice

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Rocket missing from promo material that shows Starlord, Nebula, and Drax in classic Guardians red/blue outfits makes me nervous ☠

I know the endgame outfit was meant to emulate the uniform, but its be cool if the new mech uses it or something closer to the comic version. Itll surely use the new raccoon head.

what promo material?

On 10/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, Surge said:

what promo material?

Mostly set photos, but also the comic con trailer. I dont think Im allowed to or even should share that spoilery stuff.

In retrospect hes completely CGI, but youd expect to see Sean Gunn in his place.

I finally got a pretty huge Target discount on War on the Water, and it's not as bad as I initially thought!

The bad:

• The figs are actually not that great, though they may be the only reason to get this set for a lot of people: IronHeart is great (despite the closed version of the helmet), Okoye and Mbaku are pretty bland figs (I wish Mbaku wore brown or dark bluish gray). Namor is cool, and Black Panther is w/e (I feel that all Black Panther figs are a little meh).
  • The boat uses a LOT of empty space inside. Other than the outer hull, there's an enclosed space for the 'prison,' and beyond that the rest of the interior is closed off and wasted.
  • There are many times throughout the build that 1x1, 2x2, or 4x4 plates are stacked to form 2/3's height 'bricks'. I really dislike this and it's not a fun build technique, though I know the 2/3's plates are expensive and rare to find in sets.
  • The drones are boring and dumb. I would've much rather seen a mounted gun or really any other play feature.
  • The stud shooters and generic pack of mechanic tools I could really do without. Throw a couple of atlantean figs in here instead of the drones and junk and this would be a great set.

The good:

• Once completed, the boat is really solid and actually pretty cool
  • I love using plates to decorate the sides of builds using brackets/SNOT bricks, and the entire boat has a black plate armor. Fun and satisfying to build
  • Triangular builds using hinge plates are also a favorite of mine (loved the Domo), and the boat executes this well
  • The engines on the boat are also fun to build.
  • There are a number of 'rarish' parts, and some outright rare pieces that I have never owned before. I'm almost excited to tear it apart and steal them, haha.
  • I think Lego's commitment to the Marvel fire extinguisher is hilarious and I'm here for it. This set has 2!

I'll probably eventually MOC this so that the boat can open up some more, and get rid of the jail cell.

If you can find this set on discount, it'd be worth the price. Especially for either big fans of the movie, or people who know nothing about the movie at all.

38 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I'll probably eventually MOC this so that the boat can open up some more, and get rid of the jail cell.

Its difficult to describe, I think it'd be neat if you could fold all the hinged pieces to flex out to form a line. I think you'd probably just need to change the front of the boat and any areas where the sides connect to the main middle section.

This'd expose the entire interior which would effectively be a box with the engines attached and give you a long wall made from the ships exterior panels that you could use for depicting a battle scene or just an exterior defensive wall for Wakanda.

So Avatar introduced a new bow piece where you can shoot arrows out and all I can think of is that Hawkeye (probably Kate too) using this. Maybe you can print on the arrow prices to represent trick arrows 

I got the war whale I wanted!... just not in the theme that I wanted... still, that Avatar space whale is pretty dang cool. Really, really makes me wish we had gotten something similar for the WF sets.

Just saw avatar sets and I feel bad for marvel. It looks like they don't care about quality of marvel theme...

Avatar Whale is what we should have gotten for the Black Panther 2 wave showing a level of creativity and would have provided Atlanteans with more allies to balance out the numbers, perhaps they did not bother doing a whale for the Black Panther WF wave due to overlap. Whale & Mech are probably the only sets from Avatar I may end up getting and both have concepts for sets we should really have seen replicated or used in the Marvel theme.

Only a few days now till the VIP release of 76210 Hulkbuster, then that's it for the year seemingly - then probably around two weeks after we'll wind up seeing January set images around the 15th-20th November most likely.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

But if you MOC the war whale, where are you gonna get your Talocans?

just buy a ton of Attuma heads and put them on the avatar figures. Not sure if the skin tones are the same, but other than that it's pretty perfect.

It's hilarious to me that the two biggest movies of the fall/winter are water-based sequels to highly successful films, featuring a tribe of aquatic blue people, and both risk failing to reach the heights of the first (With BP, many people are still wondering how the movie's going to do without T'challa, and for Avatar...do people care about Avatar anymore? My guess is BP2 does well, not NWH well but still pretty well, but that Avatar doesn't even get half of what the first one got if you account for inflation)

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

just buy a ton of Attuma heads and put them on the avatar figures. Not sure if the skin tones are the same, but other than that it's pretty perfect.

The elongated limbs would ruin that plan, though. The Talocans aren't 9 feet tall like the Na'vi. I think the only thing to do is buy a bunch of Attuma figures and leave the helmet off, but that's kinda boring. I wish LEGO had just made a Talocan soldier figure, or even Namora so you could have more of a fight. Namor and Attuma against Shuri's Sunbird and the Royal Sea Leopard isn't much of a fight.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Attuma is Medium Azur and First Wave Avatar figures are Medium Blue according to Brickset. Second Wave Avatar figures has slightly different blue so that could be a closer match.

Anyone got and Attuma head and an Avatar figure they could try matching? I like the idea if it works.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The elongated limbs would ruin that plan, though. The Talocans aren't 9 feet tall like the Na'vi. I think the only thing to do is buy a bunch of Attuma figures and leave the helmet off, but that's kinda boring. I wish LEGO had just made a Talocan soldier figure, or even Namora so you could have more of a fight. Namor and Attuma against Shuri's Sunbird and the Royal Sea Leopard isn't much of a fight.

Many of the newer ones with the closer skin tone use normal arms and legs. Specifically, they appear in 3 sets with those limbs, including the cheapest set, in both male and female variants. (still not sure if it's the exact same skin tone though)

Edited by Mandalorianknight