Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Im thinking the sales would be low for the black panther bust and hulkbuster then lego would say that people dont buy marvel anymore and quietly kill it like they did DC!

I really don't want to sound mean, but you guys somehow end up having the most surreal crackhead theories.

Why would Lego cancel one of their best selling themes because 2 particular sets don't sell well

19 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Lego DC died for...this?

Even if Lego did actually kill the DC theme, I really doubt it had anything to do with this.

IF it died it was on their own merits.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are we gonna not end up getting it? I was kinda hoping to get even more Hulkbusters after that one... six is definitely not enough 

This is the future liberals want

Honestly... kinda want to see them re-do the D2C Hulkbuster once again, it was so close this time it just needed the torso to be refocused and potentially a new or brick-built head and some minor alterations to other aspects.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Honestly... kinda want to see them re-do the D2C Hulkbuster once again, it was so close this time it just needed the torso to be refocused and potentially a new or brick-built head and some minor alterations to other aspects.

Give it a couple years

The year is 2018. LEGO 76105 The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition has hit the shelves. It's priced $120, and includes 1363 pieces.

The year is 2022. LEGO 76210 Hulkbuster has hit the shelves. It's priced $550, and includes 4049 pieces.

The year is 2026. LEGO 76315 H has hit the shelves. It's priced $980, and includes 5326 pieces.

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The year is 2018. LEGO 76105 The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition has hit the shelves. It's priced $120, and includes 1363 pieces.

The year is 2022. LEGO 76210 Hulkbuster has hit the shelves. It's priced $550, and includes 4049 pieces.

The year is 2026. LEGO 76315 H has hit the shelves. It's priced $980, and includes 5326 pieces.

The year is 2058. LEGO 703419 Hulkbuster (40th Anniversary Addition) has hit the shelves. It's priced $17,349.99, includes 89,233,106 pieces, and is the exact same height as the Hulkbuster itself

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In my mind the 76105 Hulkbuster was €250 for some reason, but it was €140 retail here. That actually was a good price looking back even though it has it flaws. 

I simply hope LEGO doesn't look at the sales of the Hulkbuster/Black Panther bust and think people don't want €350+ sets. It's their (and/or Disney) choices that don't make any sense. I suppose the sets would be fine if the prices were 20-30% lower although I still think they wouldn't sell better or as well as playsets. It's simply not what adult collectors want right now imo. 

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I really don't want to sound mean, but you guys somehow end up having the most surreal crackhead theories.

Why would Lego cancel one of their best selling themes because 2 particular sets don't sell well

Even if Lego did actually kill the DC theme, I really doubt it had anything to do with this.

IF it died it was on their own merits.

This is the future liberals want

ItsAJoke.jpg

But in all seriousness it isn’t a conspiracy to suggest that budget, resources, and time had to be dedicated to three Marvel D2C’s and those things aren’t Infinite. Had to come from somewhere and Marvel and DC share the superhero’s line. Not exactly a conspiracy to point out that Marvel got extra D2C’s this year and DC didn’t even get the usual Bat-vehicle.

13 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

This set is not going to sell well. Not because we don't need another Hulkbuster. It is because of the atrocious design. Yet, LEGO will think that we Marvel fans don't like LEGO Hulkbuster at all and LEGO will stop making such sets. .

Dude, we've had either 5 or 8 hulkbuster sets depending on how you count them, with a 6th/9th coming

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The year is 2058. LEGO 703419 Hulkbuster (40th Anniversary Addition) has hit the shelves. It's priced $17,349.99, includes 89,233,106 pieces, and is the exact same height as the Hulkbuster itself

The year is 2085. LEGO 66666 Hulkbuster returns has hit the shelves. It's priced $300,049.99 includes 207,235,433 pieces, and is twice the size of the IRL hulkbuster.

16 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

But in all seriousness it isn’t a conspiracy to suggest that budget, resources, and time had to be dedicated to three Marvel D2C’s and those things aren’t Infinite. Had to come from somewhere and Marvel and DC share the superhero’s line. Not exactly a conspiracy to point out that Marvel got extra D2C’s this year and DC didn’t even get the usual Bat-vehicle.

100% agree. I assume what happened is due to concerns over the DC film slate, they allocated more budget to the marvel part of the theme (since they're apparently scared of comic based sets), hence what we got.

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dude, we've had either 5 or 8 hulkbuster sets depending on how you count them, with a 6th/9th coming

The year is 2085. LEGO 66666 Hulkbuster returns has hit the shelves. It's priced $300,049.99 includes 207,235,433 pieces, and is twice the size of the IRL hulkbuster.

100% agree. I assume what happened is due to concerns over the DC film slate, they allocated more budget to the marvel part of the theme (since they're apparently scared of comic based sets), hence what we got.

Wait I thought this was confirmed by one of the designers of the hero line around the time the bugle came out They moved over budget to marvel because DC didnt have the movies to advertise the theme essentially.

Even if a brick-built head was too heavy to build at this scale, why didn't LEGO make a new mold? The dome just looks so bad on a build this big especially when compared to that image from the movie on the box. 

Can't help but notice this box art is making it look extremely shiny/metallic.

Unless LEGO somehow found a magic formula for metallic dark red, looks really weird to me.

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

ItsAJoke.jpg

Satire on my lego forum?!?!😡😡😡

I do not like this tread anymore. It is hostile. Jim, can you please close it

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But last year I had 37!

The more I look at it, the more awkward it looks. It seems like the top half of the legs is too short and the lower half in general seems to be dwarfed by the upper body. The golden plaque covering the arm like armor looks clunky and the overall proportions leave a lot to be desired. Especially at this price point.

I’m betting they retire this set after just 1 year of release due to low sales. If that.

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Lol. If anything this could be the nail in the coffin that drives home the fact that we’re tired of over scaled Hulkbusters, and they choose to focus on other concepts for d2C’s moving forward. Could be a win in that regard.

Kind of an interesting thing, Marcos Bessa (former Harry Potter designer) commented on why there hasn’t been anything special for Lego superhero 10 years. “No idea…I think it would have been cool though” 

One of the ugliest mechs I've ever seen. An actual downgrade from the prior UCS Hulkbuster, which was already ugly and lacking detail, but the new one is so poorly designed with wack proportions.

2023 is going to be a crap year for Lego Marvel.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Kind of an interesting thing, Marcos Bessa (former Harry Potter designer) commented on why there hasn’t been anything special for Lego superhero 10 years. “No idea…I think it would have been cool though” 

Could be early 2023 perhaps? e.g. delayed/pushed back like most of the sets this year.

8 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I simply hope LEGO doesn't look at the sales of the Hulkbuster/Black Panther bust and think people don't want €350+ sets. It's their (and/or Disney) choices that don't make any sense. I suppose the sets would be fine if the prices were 20-30% lower although I still think they wouldn't sell better or as well as playsets. It's simply not what adult collectors want right now imo. 

It's like they're trying to copy Star Wars with how they do their D2Cs and big expensive brickbuilt characters. Difference is Star Wars has always been remembered by iconic vehicles and such, whereas Marvel is more about superhero versus supervillain. So with that in mind, the only big expensive sets that I could see going well for Marvel are sets like the Bugle and Sanctum. We all know an Avengers Tower in that style would sell out on day one

I don't think the big Hulkbuster and BP bust are bad or unnecessary, I'm sure some people would love them but only if they were cheaper and smaller. The BP bust would've fit in well with the helmet series, even if you leave the Wakandan salute included, just shrink it down, it was far too big

And the last Hulkbuster, whilst it wasn't for me, it felt like it was what the people who are interested in those types of set are after, maybe aside from some of the side builds. An update to that set isn't a bad thing, but unnecessarily making it massive is just stupid. Even if I wanted it, which I really don't, there's nowhere I could display it at that size. Half the pieces, half the price, maybe people would be interested

Thank you all for coming to my Ted Talk 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The year is 2129. Thanks to LEGO's new AI interactive software brick, the Hulkbuster D2Cs have rose to power. Their war to exterminate mankind has been raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future

It would be fought here, in our present.

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

2023 is going to be a crap year for Lego Marvel.

No matter what sets, figures and bad overpriced decisions the year shall bring, it's impossible for the year to be crap, when it shall go down in history as the year we were blessed with LEGO Morb

20 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Off topic, do we know when the Ant-Man 3 set releases?

Can't say for certain, but if the film's out February, January would be the safest bet

Also it's 4 months to release from tomorrow, can we get a trailer yet pleaseeeeee?

49 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The year is 2129. Thanks to LEGO's new AI interactive software brick, the Hulkbuster D2Cs have rose to power. Their war to exterminate mankind has been raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future

It would be fought here, in our present.

The year is 2015. Humanity's last resistance fighters have sent one man back in time to warn lego before they can produce 76031 The Hulk Buster Smash. The AI have sent their own lego hulkbusters back to stop him. James Cameron thinks this would make an excellent movie and travels back to the 1980s to tell his younger self about it.

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Hulkbuster skipped leg day

Honestly looks like it skipped arm day too. It just did a TON of core exercises. 

But actually, it's like they designed the torso first and then realized they couldn't make the limbs big enough and still have it fit that price point.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

But last year I had 37!

Those are rookie numbers.

I have to say, I am a little conflicted on this set. As a big mech fan, there is something viscerally cool about the largest mech Lego has ever made. But the actual design leaves something to be desired, and it's also a poor depiction of the Hulkbuster. If it were way cheaper I might consider it, but even then it has a lot of problems (particularly the weird flatness of a lot of the armor).

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean, we pretty much already got that last year with the Infinity Saga sets, no? If anything we'd only be missing the Golden minifigures but I dont think it's that big of a loss.

A bit late to the party but I just watched the She-Hulk finale and I really want a set featuring 

Spoiler

Knowledge Enhanced Visual Interconnectivity Nexus.

(Also speaking of She-Hulk, if and when she shows up in minifig form, do we think she might use the longer legs and arms that were reintroduced in the Avatar sets?)

23 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Also speaking of She-Hulk, if and when she shows up in minifig form, do we think she might use the longer legs and arms that were reintroduced in the Avatar sets?)

Personally, I don't think it would fit. Because she's just proportionally bigger than her human form, while the Avatars are actually more slender with longer limbs

@ Hulk Buster Set

If the legs are fully articulated: Impressive set.

Otherwise: meh

Edited by Gimmick