Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I was revisiting  the new Spiderman figure and I just want to say, adding the webbing detail to the red on his arms is nice, but wish they added it to the legs. It’s kind of like the Batman situation, they think they can get away with just dual molding legs, but his boots are indented with the shape of a bat at the top of the boot where it meets his costume/knees. Dual molding is not enough. Likewise, Spiderman should have the web detailing on the red both on his arms but also his feet. So printing that detail on his arms but leaving him with just dual molded red and blue legs looks so awkward and unfinished imo.

if anything the inevitable poor sales of this year can be a positive for the theme moving forward. I have no doubt the Daily Bugle and Sanctum will perform better than the Black Panther bust and Hulkbuster $550 set (yes it went up 50 bucks, so I heard). If this ends up being the case, and Lego compares the 4 releases, they may decide it is more profitable to release NYC buildings with lots of figures rather than over-scaled display sets with no figures. And what would that mean? Well that we’re more likely to see an X-Mansion, Baxter Building, Stark Tower or Avengers Tower/Mansion moving forward. 

that is of course, assuming Lego actually chooses to continue producing the more profitable archetype. 

An easy skip, the last Hulkbuster did nothing for me and at this price point and with just another Iron Man minifigure this one will likely be the same.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually it gets worse. More and more stores employees are saying that they have messaged me saying it’s not selling in their stores. Maybe one or two copies at some stores but a good chunk are saying no one is buying it. Again it’s just initial reactions and not actual sales numbers but most stores seem to indicate avatar has sold better 

Not that I was even close to the only one to do so, but I totally called that this would flop (if it does indeed continue to trend the way it is). I mean, c'mon, really? Who at Lego thought this was a smart move?

I will look forewards to the cheaper prices of many black parts caused by bricklink sellers buying and parting out this set when it hits absurd discounts.

As for the $550 hulkbuster... man, I think a hulkbuster would do great in theory, but it's like they're TRYING to kill the set. Less popular hulkbuster version, bad PPP, only one figure that doesn't fit the movie and is pretty similar to one we already got in a cheaper set to obtain, etc. 

Don't worry, guys! If we don't like this Hulkbuster we'll only have to wait a couple years until lego remakes it again!

TLDR:

• $550 (Inflation is a pain, originally intended to be $500)
  • 4049 pieces, many of these are big pieces.
  • Is big/tall
  • Tony Stark figure, the one we've seen

4049 pieces for $550 is kinda crazy and that's before price fluctuations based on locations. I think $550 is a very difficult sell, $500 would be a much easier sell judging via just the price to parts ratio but even that would have been a little over what the cost should be which would be more logical at around $450. HOWEVER I'm aware the pieces for this set are big. This is going to be a big Hulkbuster. I think the scale could help convince people once they see it.

I've saved up £50 on VIP points and hopefully it's going to wind up being part of a double/triple VIP points or maybe associated with some November promotions that can be sold to recoup some of the cost. I'd encourage everyone not to dismiss it just yet. Let us see images first, especially ones that help to demonstrate the scale of the set.

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As for the $550 hulkbuster... man, I think a hulkbuster would do great in theory, but it's like they're TRYING to kill the set. Less popular hulkbuster version, bad PPP, only one figure that doesn't fit the movie and is pretty similar to one we already got in a cheaper set to obtain, etc. 

1. It may be the AoU Hulkbuster Mark 2 (E.g. a re-do of the MK48) as opposed to a Hulkbuster Mark 2 judging from comments that have been relayed it sounds like it's combining elements of both so it's not a direct adaptation of one version or the other despite the title.
  2. In terms of the Price Per Piece the pieces are big. The set is big. The inflation is a massive pain and it will negatively impact sales, but I do think from what I've heard that it would have been something I could see people dropping $500 on.
  3. In terms of the figure, as per the first point I would not write it off entirely. It's intentionally a variation of a figure most people already have because Lego are trying to stray away from the complaint of really important figures being locked behind high priced sets - which is why it's from a very short scene in AoU and barely of any focus. Great for collectors but not a massive miss for fans and casual fans have alternatives.

Hopefully we get official images soon.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually it gets worse. More and more stores employees are saying that they have messaged me saying it’s not selling in their stores. Maybe one or two copies at some stores but a good chunk are saying no one is buying it. Again it’s just initial reactions and not actual sales numbers but most stores seem to indicate avatar has sold better 

Makes sense, globally most places are in a bad financial position and an expensive set is going to be difficult even ignoring other factors.

Edited by Scarilian

Why would this be IW Hulkbuster if the figure is from AOU? Could this be AOU based?? 

Throw in some exclusive and desirable figures there already lego

Wait, didnt the older leaks say that it would include a Bruce Banner minifig? What happened with that?

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, didnt the older leaks say that it would include a Bruce Banner minifig? What happened with that?

Nah, that was just an assumption based on the fact that it's MK2, which only Banner ever used.

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the 2022 film Morbius was based on the marvel comics legend morbius the living vampire

Honestly no matter how good it looks, I don’t see a $550 Hulkbuster being successful. It’s just not iconic enough, especially if it’s the IW version.

I think Marvel is just too character focused for these large non-minifig scaled sets to really work (the Helicarrier being the exception since it was a big part of multiple movies). Hopefully LEGOs takeaway from this year is to make more stuff like the Bugle and Sanctum and not that large sets are unwanted.

Black Panther WF Trailer 2 dropped while typing this:

The previous Hulkbuster was 1,363 pieces with approximately 1,000 pieces used on the primary build and was about 25cm tall. This one is 4,049 pieces and it's seemingly entirely on the Hulkbuster. If the generalized remarks were accurate in the past referring to it being 'double the size' then this could be close to 50-60cm tall. For a sense of potential scale based on such remarks, we could be looking at something the same size as the Hulkbuster MK2 Power Pose which is 50cm tall. Hopefully this helps put into perspective why it may still potentially be worth your money even if the piece count/price seems daunting. Given the scale the Brick-Built Iron Man we got earlier this year might be in-scale with this :look:

1 hour ago, Subnautica said:

Honestly no matter how good it looks, I don’t see a $550 Hulkbuster being successful. It’s just not iconic enough, especially if it’s the IW version.

Personally, I'm probably one of the few people who would really like to get an iconic large scale Hulkbuster for display and sheer size of a massive Lego mech and even I'm a little disappointed with it if it winds up being the Infinity War MK2 version after all. That version was barely used and generally has a less iconic design in my view. I've heard some remarks that it may be more of a blend between the MK1 and MK2 design elements that's simply labelled as the MK2 so more of its own thing but I'm not sure that's a positive if it decreases the accuracy of the set. The piece count is definitely the main problem with this set and the rise in costs makes it an almost impossible sell for people.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Some information may have been crossed with other sets/rumours at the time. The original description of 'double the size' presumably led to them linking the piece count of the Black Panther Bust set (2,961 pieces) to the Hulkbuster info - given the previous Hulkbuster was 1,363 pieces including all the random other things. The Bruce Banner stuff may have been either speculation or crossed wires with the smaller scale Hulkbuster MK2 that's releasing in January. Likely Bruce Banner is included in that set potentially along with other figures.

Edited by Scarilian

On 9/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, Mattallica said:

just goes to show we cant trust any info from leakers no matter how good their reputation is.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, TandNbricks said:

We will see. If anything, today proves to expect the unexpected 

so now  "we see" those claiming the $500 set was BP even after the $90 ship was revealed were wrong, my earlier statement stands we need to stop believing all these leakers

19 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

so now  "we see" those claiming the $500 set was BP even after the $90 ship was revealed were wrong, my earlier statement stands we need to stop believing all these leakers

The whole point of a leaker is that they can never fully be trusted — unless they use actual, visual proof to prove what they're saying.

They get info from sources. Some more trustworthy, some less. Some leakers are very accurate, while some are hit and miss.

For example when Promobricks or Stone Wars say something is happening, 99% of the time they're right. But other Instagram leakers aren't nearly as accurate. 

My point is, I think it's pretty obvious we shouldn't take their words as a fact, and always use at least a bit of scepticism — how much varies from source to source.

The idea of a $500+ Hulkbuster is both appealing and dumb to me. I want to see a LEGO mech that big but I doubt it would have any articulation at that scale. Maybe LEGO could use a similar mechanism to the UCS AT-AT to move the legs and arms, but I don't think it'll hold up well over time. My Optimus Prime figure can't even hold its gun up without the arm falling down and that problem started when the set was a month old. 

At $550 for 4,000 pieces, I expect something really incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Man Figure from January was to scale with this build - that would be a major plus, especially if you could put the Mark 43 inside this set. I'm really hoping it's around 3 feet tall. I want this Hulkbuster to light up and be the size of a small child for that price. Articulation would be great but I'd be willing to let it slide depending on the size and detail. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

This was at a time when no one, not even the most reliable leakers knew what d2c (350 or 500) was the black panther set or the hulkbuster. 

We all try our best to provide some insight and hype for sets. It's up to the individual to pick and choose what they want to believe. Many of us, myself included have an excellent track record.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The whole point of a leaker is that they can never fully be trusted — unless they use actual, visual proof to prove what they're saying.

They get info from sources. Some more trustworthy, some less. Some leakers are very accurate, while some are hit and miss.

For example when Promobricks or Stone Wars say something is happening, 99% of the time they're right. But other Instagram leakers aren't nearly as accurate. 

My point is, I think it's pretty obvious we shouldn't take their words as a fact, and always use at least a bit of scepticism — how much varies from source to source.

^This 100% 

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The idea of a $500+ Hulkbuster is both appealing and dumb to me. I want to see a LEGO mech that big but I doubt it would have any articulation at that scale. Maybe LEGO could use a similar mechanism to the UCS AT-AT to move the legs and arms, but I don't think it'll hold up well over time. My Optimus Prime figure can't even hold its gun up without the arm falling down and that problem started when the set was a month old. 

At $550 for 4,000 pieces, I expect something really incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Man Figure from January was to scale with this build - that would be a major plus, especially if you could put the Mark 43 inside this set. I'm really hoping it's around 3 feet tall. I want this Hulkbuster to light up and be the size of a small child for that price. Articulation would be great but I'd be willing to let it slide depending on the size and detail. 

You have some high but realistic hopes for this Hulkbuster. I never thought about 76206 possibly being at scale to it. That's a rad idea.

I personally won't be purchasing the Hulkbuster. I'm a little disappointed the $550 set won't be the Avengers Tower but my wallet will be happy. I've got a long list of sets on my want list that just released. Plus, if the sanctorum performs as well as the bugle I think we'll definitely see an Avengers Tower modular someday.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I've saved up £50 on VIP points and hopefully it's going to wind up being part of a double/triple VIP points or maybe associated with some November promotions that can be sold to recoup some of the cost. I'd encourage everyone not to dismiss it just yet. Let us see images first, especially ones that help to demonstrate the scale of the set.

This is my approach - wait and see. I made the mistake of thinking HP Icons would be silly, then it turned out to be what I consider a great set. I can't wait to see this one. It honestly doesn't come down to quality these days as much as money. Sets I'm interested in at the moment for 2022: $550 Hulkbuster, $500 Hogwarts Express, $600 Razor Crest, $270 Bowser, $670 Eiffel Tower, $120 The Office. Sets I can afford - maybe one or two of the above.

That's $2,710 of LEGO total just in that list. I'm already trying to budget for Indiana Jones and LOTR next year... it's just too much, too fast, for too much money, LEGO. I think they need to spread some of these releases out, honestly. 

24 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I personally won't be purchasing the Hulkbuster. I'm a little disappointed the $550 set won't be the Avengers Tower but my wallet will be happy. I've got a long list of sets on my want list that just released. Plus, if the sanctorum performs as well as the bugle I think we'll definitely see an Avengers Tower modular someday.

I'm in the same boat. Plus we know the designers look at these forums and the wider community and will have seen the chat around the Avengers Tower. I imagine that's pretty likely in the future. 

For now I'm looking forward to the guardians 3 sets

@Falconfan1414 can we consider BrickClicker a credible leaker? I'm just curious because I've seen a few people trying to discredit his leak. If you ask me, they seem to just be butt hurt that 76210 is not the Avengers Tower.

36 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

@Falconfan1414 can we consider BrickClicker a credible leaker? I'm just curious because I've seen a few people trying to discredit his leak. If you ask me, they seem to just be butt hurt that 76210 is not the Avengers Tower.

People like to shoot the messengers with rumors they don’t like. People forget lego loves to include a random iron man in sets 

He is creditable I trust him if that matters 

the hulk buster is probably going look much more like it’s worth $300-$350 then $500-550

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

can we consider BrickClicker a credible leaker?

We are definitely getting the Hulkbuster and Brick_Clicker is a credible leaker.

It's a bit depressing that people are questioning leakers so much at this stage. The set will be revealed officially in less than a month and likely will leak before that. People won't have long to wait and we've had Avengers Tower ruled out for months.

Edited by Scarilian

Just popping in to let everybody know that despite War on the Water, Shuri's Sunbird is an awesome build. Should absolutely have been cheaper though.

I’m just thinking the Daily Bugle was $350. Imagine at $550 for $200 more, an Avengers Tower could be huge and honestly all i want is a D2C Avengers Tower with the width and strength to hold the Quinjet on the top platform like in the movies. No Quinjet side build tk lower the price but I would love for the landing pad to be included and big enough. Heck, Star Wars gets $700 plus sets quite often,  I wouldn’t mind Marvel getting a set that big if it meant we could actually place a Quinjet on it.

I think they’ll likely learn from their mistakes. If the bust and Hulkbuster sell poorly I’m sure they’ll choose a more profitable D2C next time and hopefully the Daily Bugle and Sanctum oerform well enough for another building to be chosen. And again I loved the scale of the Daily Bugle I think for $200 more a Stark Tower could be pulled off decently heck even a bit higher in price if it means we get a fully fledged building. I’m not vehemently opposed to huge sets I just think it was a poor choice to dedicate it to this. The $70 Infinity Gauntlet I think is a great price point and reference for these display pieces. A $550 Hulk buster and $300 BP Bust is just excessive to say the least.

and finally my choices for mechs next year are Iron Spider, Silver Samurai, and a Hydra Soldier. For $10 I’m surprised they haven’t put something army-buildable. I don’t care for mechs but for $10 I would buy so many just to army build a Hydra team. 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's a bit depressing that people are questioning leakers so much at this stage.

is it though?, alot of these so called leakers have no inside info and just promote their opinions or guesses, much like any average person on the site, but they present them as "leaks" and that is just not right. 

58 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

is it though?, alot of these so called leakers have no inside info and just promote their opinions or guesses, much like any average person on the site, but they present them as "leaks" and that is just not right. 

I understand the general sentiment of questioning some sources and leakers which is a healthy mindset to have, don't get me wrong on that, but in this case we are less than a month from release and the timing should be taken into account. It makes no sense for any credible leaker such as Brick_Clicker to make a false statement and risk their reputation on something that they could wait for. If they wanted to do as you said, they could have simply stated the name of the set and the set number (we already knew about) and relayed nothing else and people would have praised them later if it was accurate, this would have been a way to do an opinion or guess and still take credit. Instead Brick_Clicker has given us a new release date, piece count, pricing, description of content and the scale of the set itself. It makes no sense for them to lie while providing all that information at this stage because it'd just destroy their reputation later in less than 32 days, potentially even within the next two or three weeks as we'd probably see a leak or something mid/late month.

The D2C was an anomaly, everything we had was correct information, the trouble was it all got attributed together rather than viewed seperately:

• We had the name, size and figure count of the Hulkbuster MK2
  • We had the pricing, piece count and set number of the Black Panther Bust
  • We had the nature of the Black Panther 'War On The Water' set as a vehicle

The trouble is when it was relayed varying pieces were compiled together such as promobricks where we had the correct pricing, numbering and piece count of the Black Panther Bust set since November 2021 YET this was labelled along with the correct information for the Hulkbuster MK2, its figure count and scale as the Hulkbuster MK2 information. With each new bit of information we tried to latch it together with existing guidelines rather than realizing the original guidelines were incorrect. We never considered that the remarks about a Black Panther Vehicle could have been directed at the missing Black Panther WF wave set because we'd latched that to being one of the D2C's already.

Edited by Scarilian