Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are consistent tho — PG-13 (TV-14 / PEGI 16) is as far as they go.

Sure, The Batman or The Dark Knight are darker than your average CBM, but they are both PG-13. It's an objective number that LEGO follows. If Deadpool 3 was PG-13, we'd get sets for it. It isn't tho, which means no sets.

Right, I would never expect LEGO to make sets based on an R rated movie. I was addressing people who were saying that because there are R rated movies featuring Deadpool, we can't or won't get anymore Deadpool minifigs, comic versions or otherwise.

Comic Deadpool paired with the recent comic Wolverine from the mech in a set would probably be the easiest way to go. Armor Wars being a movie means a higher chance of seeing sets for it. We originally had a remark about a lot of new suits being introduced. Nearly at October, so hopefully we won't have to wait until November to see the D2C.

14 hours ago, hvader said:

Time for a wave of Lego Marvel mechs lets goooooo

I actually have some leaked sets from this wave: Titanium man mech ($34.99): War machine and titanium man (just him in plainclothes, made of basic re-used parts). Iron Monger mk 2 ($39.99): War machine and Zeke Stane.  Warbuster mk 2 ($69.99): Colonel Rhodes and 2x Aim agent. UCS Don Cheadle bust ($349.99)

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

UCS Don Cheadle bust ($349.99)

Take my money... TAKE IT!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Take my money... TAKE IT!!!!!

Oh, wait, sorry, I was given slightly off info. It's actually called UCS Emmy Award Winning Actor Don Cheadle bust ($349.99)

Without reading the last 4-5 pages, is the concern that there won't be a Deadpool fig, or that there won't be Deadpool 3 sets?

Even Morbius is showing up in a "Spiderman" set, so you can guarantee a much more popular Deadpool would appear in fig form, probably is some other sets (my guess would be Xmen '97 sets, which we are surely getting)

On 9/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

That's remained pretty stable, they've confirmed a few times that it's gonna be R-rated.

Alright, then :thumbup: 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:32 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In the Suicide Squad's case, the name is the issue. LEGO doesn't really want sets with the word Suicide in them, so they made tie-in Batman sets with multiple members (Harley, Deadshot etc.).

Ooohh, right. It was because of the name. Thanks for reminding me :thumbup: 

Well, in any case, I think getting a Deadpool sometime around the release of Deadpool III isn't too far-fetched.

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Oh, wait, sorry, I was given slightly off info. It's actually called UCS Emmy Award Winning Actor Don Cheadle bust ($349.99)

Are you sure that isn't actually just a delayed set for Space Jam: A New Legacy?

Anyway, I don't really have much to add to the current conversation, but in an effort to keep my stupid joke post relevant, I will say that it's pretty neat that Armor Wars is a movie, if only for the fact that we'll probably see some interesting sets come out of it. I could have seen Lego doing some sets based on the show version too since they just love their mechs so much, but I imagine we'll probably get more sets this way, and more variety within them. 

56 minutes ago, hvader said:

Ig the fact that Punisher is in a set gives us hope???

To be fair, wasn't it stated in a designer interview that the reason Punisher had to be saved for an 18+ set was because of concerns about how the character is portrayed? So Deadpool would also have to be saved for a D2C in that case.

2 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

To be fair, wasn't it stated in a designer interview that the reason Punisher had to be saved for an 18+ set was because of concerns about how the character is portrayed? So Deadpool would also have to be saved for a D2C in that case.

I wouldnt mind a D2C X-Mansion set with the minifigs from Deadpool 3, kind of like how they did it with Multiverse of Madness

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Ig the fact that Punisher is in a set gives us hope???

Not that I think we won't get a deadpool, but the issue with Punisher and Daredevil was that they were somewhat well-known for the brutal (but excellent) netflix shows. The thing is, that isn't the only thing they're known for in pop culture like Deadpool is, where Ryan Reynolds and the films just became the deadpool standard. Even then there's the double hit of the comic costumes being more different from the netflix ones than deadpool is from his comic one (where it's pretty much just a darker red, as opposed to daredevil's giant DD on his chest and Punisher's spandex and white boots) alongside the shows, while being too violent for kids, not being as overtly offensive as deadpool, where the point seems to be to go as far as it can. Not that I think that's bad, it's pure deadpool, but I think it's harder for the average parent to accept (Which is also understandable). Another aspect might be morality. Daredevil is quintessentially a good man, with Catholic faith being a major part of his character, and his refusal to kill. Punisher is a more morally ambiguous character, but that's usually the point of his stories, with other heroes coming into conflict with him over that. (Also, this gives me an opportunity to bring up the amazing scene in the comics where Cap is beating down Punisher, who refuses to fight back, "not against you.") Deadpool, at least in his movies, doesn't exactly have spider-man stopping him from lopping off heads, or Cap telling him "language". (Sure, there's Colussus, but he's a joke).  

TLDR: Daredevil and punisher are from more mature stuff. Deadpool is seen by many parents as an active bad influence on kids.

7 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Without reading the last 4-5 pages, is the concern that there won't be a Deadpool fig, or that there won't be Deadpool 3 sets?

The concern is that there will not be a Deadpool Minifig, since he could be associated with the R-rated movies. 

8 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Even Morbius is showing up in a "Spiderman" set, so you can guarantee a much more popular Deadpool would appear in fig form, probably is some other sets (my guess would be Xmen '97 sets, which we are surely getting)

The concern is no fig, since everyone seems to agree there's no way we get sets.

I think it's the third time I've said "while I think deadpool is coming, *x* reason why is inapplicable", but c'mon, morbius isn't exactly the same maturity rating as deadpool.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

morbius isn't exactly the same maturity rating as deadpool

One has the target audience of 14 year olds, the other one has no audience whatsoever.

Just kidding, long live the morb 😈

I know its easy to complain about prices, but I can't see how they justify the £80 price for the war in the water black panther set. 

Even comparing it to other sets on sale at the moment, there isn't much consistency

War on the water. 545 pieces. 5 figs. £80

Goat boat. 564 pieces. 5 figs. £55 (£45 a few weeks ago)

Iron man armoury. 496 pieces. 8 figs. £80. 

Ive looked at it in £, but it's the same in € and $ too. 

The black panther boat makes the iron man armoury look like a good deal, and the consensus on that when it was revealed was that it was extortionate! 

18 hours ago, PGBQW said:

One has the target audience of 14 year olds, the other one has no audience whatsoever.

I am the Morbius target audience. 

Anyway, I would honestly be kind of surprised if we don't see a new Deadpool within the next couple of years. He's inarguably one of the most popular Marvel characters, and just about any set he shows up in is bound to sell quite well. I could see him maybe being restricted to a D2C, but we'll definitely get him sooner or later.

I cannot believe the War on the Water set is $90 USD. LEGO's pricing has gone off the deep end. I thought the Iron Man Armoury was overpriced, but War on the Water makes it look like an amazing deal. At least all the Iron Man suits had head to toe printing, while we still can't get leg printing on a Black Panther minifigure 6 years later.

I'm skipping this one until I can get it for 20% off. I want the whole wave at once but I can't justify $90 for a set like that, so I guess no Black Panther sets for me today.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

For UK people the return of Toysrus' website offers some potential savings on the Marvel sets and some other sets, so worth checking that out.

October is finally here. Due to recent remarks via Brick_Clicker it appears we are down to only one set left for the year that we are aware of: 76210. This is the mystery D2C priced at $500+ and presumably including the AoU Iron Man figure recently. Speculation has primarily been related to the Hulkbuster MKI or MKII, teased over a year ago, however we probably won't know much more for a while as the rumored release date is November 11th 2022.

Updated List:

Hide contents

NOVEMBER:

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

HULKBUSTER MKII:

Originally reported as being 76215 by Promobricks in Winter 2021 with more details relayed later, this set number has been taken by the Black Panther Bust and it's unclear if the Hulkbuster MKII is actually going to be a set in 2022 or early 2023. Falcon speculated this is the $500 D2C that is releasing in November, however conflicting reports have implied that set might be a Wakandan vehicle. For the moment the nature of the Hulkbuster MKII rumors and information regarding it is unknown.

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech ($14.99, 138 pcs)
  • 76242: Thanos Mech ($14.99, 113 pcs)
  • 76243: Rocket Raccoon Mech ($14.99, 98 pcs)
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius ($24.99, 220 pcs)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike ($34.99, 264 pcs)
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda ($49.99, 385 pcs)
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet ($99.99, 795 pcs)

FEBRUARY 2023:

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs)

JUNE 2023:

• 30653: (Polybag?, Could be DC or Marvel, 40 pcs)

UNKNOWN 2023:

• 76246:
  • 76249:
  • 76250: $69.99
  • 76251: $79.99
  • 76252:
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3')

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest.

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

20 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Hey, to be fair it's a target audience of edgy 14 year olds. you know, the ones who like shadow the hedgehog.

Honestly everytime I hear the word Morb now I just remember that we're getting a Morbius minifigure. It feels like I'm living in a fever dream (and then I revert to the nightmare of impending ww3)

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

the War on the Water set is $90 USD

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH *breathes* HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Are you kidding? even with the price increase, that's hilarious! I do not expect this to sell well at all and look forewards to picking up M'Baku, red ranger, and 1x6x5 black panels at a discounted price.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I cannot believe the War on the Water set is $90 USD. LEGO's pricing has gone off the deep end. I thought the Iron Man Armoury was overpriced, but War on the Water makes it look like an amazing deal. At least all the Iron Man suits had head to toe printing, while we still can't get leg printing on a Black Panther minifigure 6 years later.

I'm skipping this one until I can get it for 20% off. I want the whole wave at once but I can't justify $90 for a set like that, so I guess no Black Panther sets for me today.

I posted similar above. It's bonkers, and feels inconsistent, even after the recent price rises.

I agree about the discount, I'm going took for closer to a 50% discount like with the eternals sets. 

I saw the set built in the lego shop today. Just a hunk of grey and black.