Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, hvader said:

Isn’t that kind of the point of 18+ sets (at least in my opinion)?

I mean, your opinion doesn't matter so much as lego's opinion of what 18+ sets mean, unless you're producing the sets of course. :laugh:

Lego seems to just be using them to market sets to adults, and they're typically just sets with more complexity/less play features/etc. IIRC the bugle designer hinted at a bit of leeway with some of the figures in that set due to it being 18+, but I wouldn't expect a deadpool set anytime soon. 

My guess is we see either a set with comic-based Wolverine and Deadpool, branded under X-Men, or potentially a more movie-accurate deadpool and wolvierine in an 18+ avengers tower. Wolveriene's almost a given to appear in 2024 in some form, since he's not just known for R-rated stuff, but the issue with Deadpool is (despite not only being in R-rated stuff, I know) he's associated with it by the GA more than even Daredevil, Blade, or Punisher.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Also, is it definite that Deadpool 3 will be 18+?

That's remained pretty stable, they've confirmed a few times that it's gonna be R-rated.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Wait so we are still expecting a $5OO Marvel set?  I thought that was the Black Panther set.

The short answer is... yes?

The long answer is I have absolutely 0 clue what the heck is going on. Right now it sounds like there is at least one more D2C this year, which may or may not be $500, and also may or may not be the hulkbuster.

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Couldn't they do it similar to how Suicide Squad characters were handled? Or at least, Harley Quinn.

If I recall correctly from back then, the SS movies aren't exactly child-friendly either (though I'm not sure if they were R-rated), but LEGO did make some semi-random sets with Suicide Squad members.

Also, is it definite that Deadpool 3 will be 18+?

Regards,
Mitch

In the Suicide Squad's case, the name is the issue. LEGO doesn't really want sets with the word Suicide in them, so they made tie-in Batman sets with multiple members (Harley, Deadshot etc.). Not to mention that the first movie looked like terrible material for LEGO sets.

The second one was R-rated, so no sets at all.

And yes, Deadpool 3 was confirmed to be R-rated multiple times. Which means it's not eligible for LEGO set treatment.

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

i don't think lego will miss a mcu movie, definitely not the first with deadpool and wolverine together.  i am confident

They'll have to. They do not make sets for IPs that are targeted to adults.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Wait so we are still expecting a $5OO Marvel set?  I thought that was the Black Panther set.

• It's still coming and as far as we are aware it is the last Marvel set of 2022.
  • The release date is believed to be November 11th 2022.
  • It's been through a lot of delays so most likely The Black Panther bust was going to be released on November 11th but got moved forward instead.
  • The set was originally priced at $500, but is very likely more than that due to a mixture of reasons
  • Brick_Clicker seems to believe the Iron Man figure is from the set

Though we don't know the identity of the $500+ set at the moment, it's most likely going to be the Hulkbuster. This would fit in with early mixed reports from Promobricks from November last year that we were getting a Hulkbuster MKII. Though given the figure is based on the appearance of Iron Man during Age Of Ultron I would not be entirely surprised if we wind up with the Hulkbuster MKI or perhaps some blend between the two designs or even the ability to rebuild using the included pieces between the two designs.

It'd finally make sense for the year, given we'd have a set that potentially represents Thor Ragnarok (The Hammer), Black Panther (Black Panther Bust), Infinity War (Sanctum Sanctorum) and Endgame (Hulkbuster MKII). I'd lean towards Thor's Hammer as sorta fitting into Ragnarok because that was part of the main focus of the original marketing, the Hammer being destroyed. I'd guess if they had anything planned for Captain Marvel it was probably pushed back when the film was... potentially 76232 'The Marvels' set if that is still releasing in January as opposed to getting delayed (Think along the lines of a legacy Captain Marvel set releasing under 'The Marvels' branding perhaps. Maybe I'm sorta fitting things together for this theory, but I think the Black Panther Bust, Sanctum and Hulkbuster MKII kinda fit the idea.

Edited by Scarilian

17 hours ago, hvader said:

Isn’t that kind of the point of 18+ sets (at least in my opinion)?

No, and it's not a matter of opinion.

In terms of branding, 18+ is the exact same thing as 4+. While the latter sets are targeted for young children, the former are targeted for adults. It has nothing to do with IPs they're based on, but the attractiveness of sets themselves to certain age groups.

A 37-year-old person can buy a 4+ set, and an 11-year-old one can buy an 18+ set. And LEGO does not want young children to be playing with sets based on movies with nudity, swearing, blood, and realistic violence.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They'll have to. They do not make sets for IPs that are targeted to adults.

There's always a first time for everything, my friend

32 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

There's always a first time for everything, my friend

Sure, but it's a kids' toys company first and foremost. 

Parents trust they will deliver products appropriate for children, and LEGO plans on doing just that, whether we AFoLs like it or not.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sure, but it's a kids' toys company first and foremost. 

Parents trust they will deliver products appropriate for children, and LEGO plans on doing just that, whether we AFoLs like it or not.

Can I ask why you don't want Deadpool sets? Or are you just convinced that they won’t make them to lower the expectations? Sorry I’m just curious

Edited by hvader

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Can I ask why you don't want Deadpool sets? Or are you just convinced that they won’t make them to lower the expectations? Sorry I’m just curious

I would sacrifice a mortal soul for more Deadpool sets.

But my subjective needs don't correlate with objective facts in this case. Deadpool is an R-rated property, which LEGO simply doesn't even consider making sets based on.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would sacrifice a mortal soul for more Deadpool sets.

But my subjective needs don't correlate with objective facts in this case. Deadpool is an R-rated property, which LEGO simply doesn't even consider making sets based on.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yes as much as I want those sets Lego may just simply not produce them…

I'm sure we'll get a wolveriene and I'm not sure we won't get a deadpool, but what we definately won't see is a set based on the movie. My bet is comic-based characters in a X-men branded set, maybe more movie-styled (but still not stated by lego to be movie based) figures in an 18+ set like avengers tower or something. 

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm sure we'll get a wolveriene and I'm not sure we won't get a deadpool, but what we definately won't see is a set based on the movie. My bet is comic-based characters in a X-men branded set, maybe more movie-styled (but still not stated by lego to be movie based) figures in an 18+ set like avengers tower or something. 

A Xmen mansion would be amazing one day but Marvel will hold off on allowing that until the Xmen are in the films a bit more. Xmen Hatley castle would be amazing as a set tbh. I made a city scale one. Would love to see one with much more budget behind it!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This would be so ideal. Nothing against MCU content but I have a massive comic preference and I was concerned we would only get MCU variants of the Fantastic Four or X-Men once they made their debut so this would actually be perfect for me. The 90’s yellow looks were so appealing to me even if the movies get so close I’d rather have them comic based to  avoid being stuck with any design I disagree with.

Rewatching reviews of the Daily Bugle I’m even more shook Lego choose to do a Black Panther vehicle for this years D2C. People were clamoring for expansions to NYC which I guess we did get in the form of the Daily Bugle this year, but the $500 set felt like an opportunity to capitalize on the demands for Stark Tower/Avengers Tower, the Baxter Building or Oscorp. I actually do think all those choices make more sense. Also considering a huge criticism of the DC sets are that they are just black vehicles, Lego should have known an oversized black ship would not be as marketable as a building with comic relevance. Again maybe they did not want to do 2 buildings in one year given the release of the Sanctum but you have to think the company was at least aware it was a risk.

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

Hopefully they make some X-Men 97 sets and they can just throw in a comic Deadpool

He might even pop up in the show, he had a couple of non speaking cameos (ironic, but also interesting as he debuted in comics one year before the show began) in the original. Maybe now he's a household name he could have at least a single episode appearance

13 hours ago, cosmic said:

Rewatching reviews of the Daily Bugle I’m even more shook Lego choose to do a Black Panther vehicle for this years D2C.

Unless I missed something, we don't have any confirmation that the D2C is a Black Panther vehicle. Right now it still seems most likely to be a Hulkbuster.

$14.99 Deadpool mech set with a comic-accurate minifig, boom problem solved. :tongue:

Afterall, Deadpool has also appeared in a number of Marvel's children's cartoons over the years, there's no reason why both the kid-friendly and not so kid-friendly versions of characters can't exist simultaneously. Look no further than a character like the Joker. In some versions, he is a moustache-twirling, silly Batman villain and other times he is a very violent, sadistic, dark character. LEGO has no problem selling Joker minifigs as long as they are the former rather than the latter... except for when they made 2 Heath Ledger Joker figures....

LEGO isn't exactly consistent with these rules, people. Yes, The Dark Knight was not rated R like The Joker was which is why we would never get THAT version of the Joker but it was still a very violent, dark, sadistic take on the character that was not exactly kid-friendly. They aren't always consistent with how they apply their rules on what they're willing to make sets and figures based on.

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

LEGO isn't exactly consistent with these rules, people. Yes, The Dark Knight was not rated R like The Joker was which is why we would never get THAT version of the Joker but it was still a very violent, dark, sadistic take on the character that was not exactly kid-friendly. They aren't always consistent with how they apply their rules on what they're willing to make sets and figures based on.

They are consistent tho — PG-13 (TV-14 / PEGI 16) is as far as they go.

Sure, The Batman or The Dark Knight are darker than your average CBM, but they are both PG-13. It's an objective number that LEGO follows. If Deadpool 3 was PG-13, we'd get sets for it. It isn't tho, which means no sets.

I would honestly expect to see some comics-based set with Deadpool in it, but I highly doubt we will see a set based on the movie. Maybe an 18+ mask for Deadpool, but probably not an MCU figure until he inevitably appears in some PG-13 MCU film. 

Sure would be nice to have a way to fill in all the missing spots right now :/ All the D+ characters we missed. It feels so weird to just skip out on all of them.

The side of my deadpool figures torso is cracking so I would love to get an update next year. This movie being rated R is also a blessing because we’d likely get a comic tie in rather than a directly movie based set. it’d be cool if Domino or some other X Force character also appears in whatever set Deadpool ends up being in.

While I wouldn’t necessarily want a Deadpool mech, or any of the mechs for that matter, it’d be nice to get him in a set that cheap.

oh, and squirrel girl :p

In an interesting turn of events, Armor Wars will now no longer be a series, but a movie

Which means considering the amount of armoured characters, and likely mech potential, LEGO will have a field day making sets for this one

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

In an interesting turn of events, Armor Wars will now no longer be a series, but a movie

Which means considering the amount of armoured characters, and likely mech potential, LEGO will have a field day making sets for this one

Time for a wave of Lego Marvel mechs lets goooooo