Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

leaker?  are you there?  leak something plis 😄

We have that information pipeline issue with instagram (has anyone reached out to their customer service yet? If not, I will). This means it's going to be a lot harder to see factory leaks.

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We have that information pipeline issue with instagram (has anyone reached out to their customer service yet? If not, I will). This means it's going to be a lot harder to see factory leaks.

I read something here in the forum, but I don't understand what the problem is

7 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I read something here in the forum, but I don't understand what the problem is

You can no longer see recent posts on hashtags, meaning unless you're currently following a big leaker, you won't see any leaks. Since most factory leaks come from burner accounts (since people who stole a minifig from a factory aren't really eager to show off their real identity), the new issue makes it almost impossible to see factory leaks.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

leaker?  are you there?  leak something plis 😄

We probably won't have a leak of the $500+ set until Mid/Late October - but remember that most the 2023 stuff is back-to-back so we should have leaks monthly once we get into 2023 :)

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You can no longer see recent posts on hashtags, meaning unless you're currently following a big leaker, you won't see any leaks. Since most factory leaks come from burner accounts (since people who stole a minifig from a factory aren't really eager to show off their real identity), the new issue makes it almost impossible to see factory leaks.

Wait, that happens to several of you? It works totally fine to me, maybe it's a regional thing? Do you all have Apple?

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, that happens to several of you? It works totally fine to me, maybe it's a regional thing? Do you all have Apple?

The problem is only on pc.

I don't have this problem, I saw Iron Man in real time and I wasn't following the user ... However I think that if something interesting comes out in some way we learn about it 😁 and Promobricks has unveiled LOTR but still does not provide me with Marvel descriptions of January GRRRRR 🤬🤪🤣

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Apparently just computers (what I use it on, since I pretty much only use it to find leaks)

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

I don't have this problem, I saw Iron Man in real time and I wasn't following the user ... However I think that if something interesting comes out in some way we learn about it 😁 and Promobricks has unveiled LOTR but still does not provide me with Marvel descriptions of January GRRRRR 🤬🤪🤣

Depending on whether or not this is based on the origional LOTR trilogy, this is either very good news or very bad news to me.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Apparently just computers (what I use it on, since I pretty much only use it to find leaks)

Android app works fine for me, but opening it in a mobile browser only shows top posts. I prefer using Chrome but I guess it's a necessary sacrifice to feed my impatience too. The weird way promobricks worded their article I can see a lot of misconstrued reposting of lotr brickhead and the possible D2C in the near future.

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping that LEGO is willing to do at least one 18+ set for Deadpool 3.

Isn’t that kind of the point of 18+ sets (at least in my opinion)?

17 minutes ago, hvader said:

It feels like LEGO has still been very evasive when it comes to making sets for R-rated movies, even after 18+ sets became a thing.  Still, Deadpool 3 probably has a better chance than most to get something.

I'd bet all my money on the fact that we won't get any Deadpool 3 sets.

People don't understand how the 18+ branding works for LEGO — it means that the build is more advanced and complex, targeted especially for adult collectors. It has nothing to do with the age rating of the IP it's based on.

Just like we won't see any sets for Game of Thrones, The Last of Us, or The Witcher, the cinematic Deadpool franchise is the same case.

Doesn't mean we will never see a comic Deadpool minifigure again tho. Not to mention that if Deadpool would have a prominent role in a PG-13 MCU project, he possibly could appear in a set.

I doubt we'll get Deadpool 3 sets, but wouldn't be too surprised if we happen to get Wolverine and Deadpool minifigures that just happen to look like the movie versions on a random set.

28 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I doubt we'll get Deadpool 3 sets, but wouldn't be too surprised if we happen to get Wolverine and Deadpool minifigures that just happen to look like the movie versions on a random set.

Maybe a nice rehash of the first set they both appeared in :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Maybe a nice rehash of the first set they both appeared in :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

That would be very nice

Honestly, I could see them revamping and re-releasing 6866 again or something very similar. We had a comic Wolverine this year with a mech, so just do a comic Deadpool and release a set featuring them. Probably throw in another character also in comic form that's partially related to the movie or popular.

14 hours ago, hvader said:

Iirc Designers claim the the 18+ age rating is more to sell sets to older people and outside of that it usually goes in line with the type of Play features. Still models usually get older ratings. Sets with a lot of action and stuff like stud shooters is lower.

Honestly if branding is the issue here (since Deadpool is not family-friendly), they could totally brand this under movie X-Men or Wolverine and include the movie figures (like those No Way Home "inspired by" sets)

Couldn't they do it similar to how Suicide Squad characters were handled? Or at least, Harley Quinn.

If I recall correctly from back then, the SS movies aren't exactly child-friendly either (though I'm not sure if they were R-rated), but LEGO did make some semi-random sets with Suicide Squad members.

Also, is it definite that Deadpool 3 will be 18+?

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Couldn't they do it similar to how Suicide Squad characters were handled? Or at least, Harley Quinn.

If I recall correctly from back then, the SS movies aren't exactly child-friendly either (though I'm not sure if they were R-rated), but LEGO did make some semi-random sets with Suicide Squad members.

Also, is it definite that Deadpool 3 will be 18+?

Regards,
Mitch

This is what I'm expecting: Deadpool-inspired figures in a comic or MCU-based set, or maybe a LEGO-exclusive 18+ set. They released Suicide Squad Harley Quinn in Welcome to Apocalypseburg with the defense of the set being 16+ and targeting an older market, which is all 18+ is. 

18+ isn't always an indicator of build difficulty like other age suggestions. If it was, GWPs with 200 pieces wouldn't be 18+. It's just an excuse to release these adult collector-aimed sets. There's no reason why Sesame Street should be 18+ when Diagon Alley and Ninjago City Gardens are 16+ (which I believe was just so they could get nice boxes instead of the all-black designs). So yeah, I think LEGO could make an 18+ Deadpool 3 set, but I don't really expect them to. I just hope we get a new Deadpool minifigure that's not an SDCC exclusive.