Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Jared Leto's performance was

this is my favourite sentence to come out of the Morbious meme thank you

I'm hoping the Miles in the upcoming set isn't a total repeat.  I wouldn't mind getting a variation of the 2021 webbed outfit design without the jacket.  That would only really need a new torso print.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

High praise indeed from the man who coined the phrase "automorbile"

Takes a genious to recognise another

32 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping the Miles in the upcoming set isn't a total repeat.  I wouldn't mind getting a variation of the 2021 webbed outfit design without the jacket.  That would only really need a new torso print.

Isn't the 2021 Miles Morales already a variation of the previous one, who didn't wear the jacket? Or is their suit below it actually different?

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Isn't the 2021 Miles Morales already a variation of the previous one, who didn't wear the jacket? Or is their suit below it actually different?

The jacket One has a grey webbing pattern to match the Into The Spider-Verse design (even though the overall suit design and logos are different)

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

I thought Morbius was supposed to be in an upcoming MCU film

Unless it's a multiverse crossover (Kang Dynasty?, Secret Wars?) or Spider-man film (MCU Spider-man 4, TASM3, Raimi Spider-man 4) or Spider-man related film (Sinister Six, Spider-verse/Live action Spider-verse) I doubt we'll see Morbius in something that's core MCU and in most cases it'd be a cameo based on popularity from meme culture.

The Miles Vs Morbius set is probably going to be comic based but could draw some inspiration from Across the Spider-verse which was originally scheduled to release this year, similar to prior sets taking some design aspects. I'd expect Morbius is here because of the nature of his movie release helping him gain a bit more popularity while Miles is here because of Across the Spider-verse and the original intended 2023 release of Beyond The Spider-verse along with the popularity of Spider-man PS4 and it's upcomming sequel bringing more and more awareness to Miles.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if we got a flesh print and hair for him?

I’m interested in what the mech for the ghost rider set will be. I doubt it’ll be for him given his car is rumored to be in the set. I’d say the mech is probably for the villain. Low key worried it’s going to be another Ultimate Universe Rhino.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Low key worried it’s going to be another Ultimate Universe Rhino.

To be fair, the past "Ultimate Universe Rhino" was Amazing Spider-Man 2 Based, and not very well executed. In the case that they were to make a proper Ultimate Rhino, besides the face being in the greyish tones, if done well, it could look really cool.

rhino-20051029044527168-1297844.jpg

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Takes a genious to recognise another

A Morbacolyte to recognize a Morbacolyte, if you will. 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I’m interested in what the mech for the ghost rider set will be

I think unfortunately it's most likely to be a ghost rider bike (IIRC it's a bike, not a car) sized up to fit a ghost rider mech. Even with the $15 mech pricing now, I can't see a single figure scaled bike at $20 of value. There always could be another side build we just don't know about, but.... I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Here's the three possibilities I see:

Ghost rider mech and bike scaled to the mech with just a ghost rider figure.

Figure scaled (or, you know, hilariously oversized but lego claims figure scaled) Ghost rider bike and also ghost rider mech with a ghost rider figure and MAYBE a villain.

Figure scaled (or, you know, hilariously oversized but lego claims figure scaled) Ghost rider bike and villain mech with ghost rider, a villain, and Spider-Man.

The one thing I'm allowing myself to hope for here is a Johnny Blaze figure. Robbie Reyes is cool and all, I like the challenger, but god that robotic looking skull is moronic. I swear I've seen Reyes with a more normal GR look in the comics, why did they choose that 2099-looking head for that set?

Now that we’ve seen the final WF set, I wonder why they still try to keep it a secret. Shuri being the new BP is no surprise at all (given the same thing happens in the comics) and neither is the fact Ironheart Mk 2 appears. Otherwise they wouldn’t have called the other suit “Mk 1”, would they :tongue:

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now that we’ve seen the final WF set, I wonder why they still try to keep it a secret. Shuri being the new BP is no surprise at all (given the same thing happens in the comics) and neither is the fact Ironheart Mk 2 appears. Otherwise they wouldn’t have called the other suit “Mk 1”, would they :tongue:

I feel like the designs of the suits are more spoilery than their existence, which is why I would've expected LEGO (and other toy companies) to not release products like this until January. But if Shuri's Black Panther suit and the Ironheart Mark 2 are in a bunch of toys coming out in October, I don't really see the advantage of revealing them in September versus July. We're still seeing them before the movie. I guess they could be waiting for the main trailer to reveal them, but given how compressed film marketing has become that seems like a bad idea from the beginning. 

58 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I feel like the designs of the suits are more spoilery than their existence, which is why I would've expected LEGO (and other toy companies) to not release products like this until January. But if Shuri's Black Panther suit and the Ironheart Mark 2 are in a bunch of toys coming out in October, I don't really see the advantage of revealing them in September versus July. We're still seeing them before the movie. I guess they could be waiting for the main trailer to reveal them, but given how compressed film marketing has become that seems like a bad idea from the beginning. 

This^

In the grand scheme of things, most people already assumed Shuri was the new BP, and for whatever reason Lego leaks don't seem to spread through the leak communities like other toys, set photos, etc... Doesn't really feel like it, but all we've gotten so far was a 'teaser,' and not a real 'trailer.' I imagine it'll be revealed in the trailer, or else Marvel wouldn't have allowed Lego and Hasbro to put spoilers in their toys.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I think unfortunately it's most likely to be a ghost rider bike (IIRC it's a bike, not a car) sized up to fit a ghost rider mech. Even with the $15 mech pricing now, I can't see a single figure scaled bike at $20 of value. There always could be another side build we just don't know about, but.... I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Here's the three possibilities I see:

Ghost rider mech and bike scaled to the mech with just a ghost rider figure.

Figure scaled (or, you know, hilariously oversized but lego claims figure scaled) Ghost rider bike and also ghost rider mech with a ghost rider figure and MAYBE a villain.

Figure scaled (or, you know, hilariously oversized but lego claims figure scaled) Ghost rider bike and villain mech with ghost rider, a villain, and Spider-Man.

The one thing I'm allowing myself to hope for here is a Johnny Blaze figure. Robbie Reyes is cool and all, I like the challenger, but god that robotic looking skull is moronic. I swear I've seen Reyes with a more normal GR look in the comics, why did they choose that 2099-looking head for that set?

Based on what little we know, I definitely think it's just going to be a regular mech with a bike large enough for it to ride and 1 Ghost Rider figure. It's clearly listed as a bike and not a car so it's definitely either Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. My hope is it's Danny since we've already had Johnny and Robbie. I would also love it if it came with a minifig-compatible bike along with the mech-scaled bike, even if it's a generic minifig motorcycle in black with flame pieces clipped to it. Ideally, I would love a new motorcycle cowl piece based on Danny's bike but I wouldn't count on it.

I didn't like Robbie's metal skull when it was first introduced but it grew on me eventually and now I really like it. He's always had it in the comics but depending on artistic interpretation it sometimes looks more like a real skull, just made of metal. In the Agents of SHIELD tv show, he had a "real" skull.

Edited by ToaDraco

Lego has a week and a half to reveal the last black panther set officially. Do you think we will get a new trailer next week too?

10 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Based on what little we know, I definitely think it's just going to be a regular mech with a bike large enough for it to ride and 1 Ghost Rider figure. It's clearly listed as a bike and not a car so it's definitely either Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. My hope is it's Danny since we've already had Johnny and Robbie. I would also love it if it came with a minifig-compatible bike along with the mech-scaled bike, even if it's a generic minifig motorcycle in black with flame pieces clipped to it. Ideally, I would love a new motorcycle cowl piece based on Danny's bike but I wouldn't count on it.

I didn't like Robbie's metal skull when it was first introduced but it grew on me eventually and now I really like it. He's always had it in the comics but depending on artistic interpretation it sometimes looks more like a real skull, just made of metal. In the Agents of SHIELD tv show, he had a "real" skull.

I agree that that's the most likely option, but I have a little bit of hope left.

Don't Johnny and Danny look pretty much exactly the same as GR? I know Johnny has a different outfit once he stops being Ghost Rider, but as GR don't they look pretty much the same?

I was thinking of agents of shield, probably. Maybe the avengers run where they fought the celestials? Did his face look more skull-like there?

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Lego has a week and a half to reveal the last black panther set officially. Do you think we will get a new trailer next week too?

No. The set will release without lego saying anything. They will copyright strike children playing with it.

8 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

No, it'll go the same route as the Jurassic World: Dominion sets.

LEGO made a really good, planned and prepared reveal for all the sets except the biggest one. 

Weeks before the release date of the biggest set, it appeared in stores and leaked. Then official pictures started appearing on random retailers' websites. LEGO has added it to their own website the day it released, without mentioning it anywhere or making any kind of reveal, which you'd think would be logical since they were saving it for last.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree that that's the most likely option, but I have a little bit of hope left.

Don't Johnny and Danny look pretty much exactly the same as GR? I know Johnny has a different outfit once he stops being Ghost Rider, but as GR don't they look pretty much the same?

I was thinking of agents of shield, probably. Maybe the avengers run where they fought the celestials? Did his face look more skull-like there?

Johnny typically doesn't have spikes and his contemporary look has more of a double-breasted leather jacket with a rectangular outline and black leather pants. Danny has the metal spikes and gray pants and a different looking leather jacket. Danny's look became the difinitive Ghost Rider look, so much so that when Johnny became Ghost Rider again, he borrowed elements of it. Also the Nic Cage Ghost Rider movie used Danny's look for Ghost Rider instead of Johnny's. Also, for a time Danny had blue flames and spiked armor. If LEGO decides to give us Danny, they could give him spiked shoulder pads and gray pants to better differentiate from the previous figures or even go a step further and give him blue flames.

No, Robbie's skull was his typical skull for the most part. There was a couple comic covers around the time that made it look like a regular skull though and the recent Avengers Forever comic series(of which he is the main character) depict him with a more human-looking metal skull. He's also about to get a new look as he's about to become the All-Rider.

Edited by ToaDraco

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Is that Iron Man leak real? 

where have you seen it? I haven't seen anything in the usual places....

4 hours ago, hvader said:

... looks like a minifigure built with pieces he had at home, but the bust intrigues me 🤔 looks SH584 updated

Edited by Legocentrico

6 hours ago, hvader said:

Haven’t seen it, but my gut says no, as none of the upcoming sets are rumoured to feature Iron Man. The Quinjet theoretically could, but it’s a bit too early for January leaks :shrug_oh_well:

That ironman fig is very intriguing as its from the Birth of Vision Scene where he repulsors and then unibeams cap.which would make a awesome standalone set if not a great part of a full tower set.
It would make no sense to come alongside a Infinity war buster imo.

Even though its early the January quinjet would make a ton of sense as its more likely to be the Stark Quinkjet over the first one. Stark quinjet was in 8 films unlike the first jet being in 3. 

Honestly, with the lack of information at this point, I'm finding it hard to believe that we are getting the alleged $500.00 D2C. If we truly are, then I commend LEGO and their leak prevention measures, because it's a complete mystery it seems. If it is happening, I'd say all bets are off as to what it is. It could be the hulk buster, but it might just as easily be something we haven't heard about, as all the information thus far doesn't seem to have been correct. I'm personally hoping that whatever it is, it's minifigure scale. But if not, that might be good too as my budget is hurting. :pir-laugh: