Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the ship and those drones look cool. love the space on top where u can place all the figures in. like the figs too. I got a few figs from Koruit and the printing is insane so I can't wait to see what they will do with the blank panther figures.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh boy, that looks terrible... I get what they were going for, but that looks like a plain black box. It has no interesting details whatsoever. 

The minfiigures also aren't that great honestly. Sure, most of them are fine (Ironheart is great tho), but none of them scream 'you need to get this set'.

It is.

EXACTLY, it's a wedge. And the figures are:

Repeat of one from a cheaper, better set.

A more accurate version of a character, but not a hugely popular one, and one that's easy to get.

A very weak figure of a pretty sic character, who fails to convey that character's look or bulk.

And one that's not lego's fault, but still, a figure that's design went from "pretty cool actually" to the generic iron man knockoff I was afraid of.

Also, how do these figures correlate to "war on the water"? It's one dude opposing them in this set, and no builds!

1 hour ago, icm said:

That's so Blacktron.

I'm imagining a scene where sinister Blacktron agents shove an unsuspecting Classic overboard, right into the gaping maw of a sea monster - that is, I'm imagining the scene from Mandalorian season 2 on the Quarren boat, except with Blacktron.

Because that boat is so Blacktron.

You speak of this scenario again and I will build it. Do not try me.

26 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

*star wars gif*

I get what you're saying, but now I'm gonna be pedantic.

The falcon's an aesthetically beautiful ship BECAUSE it's a piece of junk, where is this is boring because of how static and simple it looks. There are so few greebles.

Edit: I'm sorry, I have to come back and keep criticizing this build, it makes me more and more annoyed. Lego may have been asked to make this, I'm unsure of what the terms of their deal with marvel are, but even in that case, they could have done better. A ship with a simply build can usually be aided by having a kickass interior or function almost as a troop transport. This set really doesn't seem to have much of an interior, and while it might just be that it's not shown on the box, looking at how it's built I don't see even any room for much interior space at all aside from that prison cell.

Finally, it looks like Black Panther fell off the side of the ship in the front box art.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Maybe it's just me but instead of making 4 Black Panther sets they should've made 2 that were actually good or appealing to look at.

Looks like an okay $60 set. *sees price* Oh...

But seriously, how is this worth $20 more than the Goat Boat ($30 more than it's pre-price hike price)? It has a little less pieces and they both have the same amount of figures. :facepalm:

Thought this final set would be a vehicle for Namor :(

But beyond that, I do actually kind of like it. The build looks larger than I thought it would be for less than 600 parts, and I do like the amount of deck space the ship has. The drones resembling the dragon flyers is rather clever, and the fact that they both fit on the ship is good. However, like others have noted, the lack of an interior is disappointing, as well as including namor as the only villain. The figure selection otherwise is good though, getting M’Baku is the definite highlight. As for the price, I’m not sure. Those comparing this to the goat boat aren’t accounting for the total volume of this build, which, even if it’s empty, still accounts for something. Even then, I think I’d have to see it in person to get a good feel for the true value of the build. Overall, I’m not as negative about it as the rest of you guys, and I might even consider getting it myself. 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe it's just me but instead of making 4 Black Panther sets they should've made 2 that were actually good or appealing to look at.

Not Just you!

Oh wow, I actually really like this set! The warship looks very cool and in some ways reminds me of the Nautilus from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and I really like the drones too, those really make me think of Atlantis the Lost Empire. It does look like it will be deceptively larger than I think people realize and we have yet to see what's in the interior. The figures look good but man, how I wish they included Kraven's fur piece was included for M'Baku and he really needed leg printing. I'll just have to give him one myself. Also, really? Namor is fighting all of this by himself? Really LEGO!? You couldn't even include Attuma for a 3rd time? Talk about a one-sided battle...

Compare the Benatar vs. a bunch of black plates connected at an angle with next to no detailing and some very basic grey engines. They didn't even bother using those turbine pieces that you would normally see used in subs. 

Man, some sets are really made by the figs, but if I'm being honest the build is so off putting I dont really even want to spend the money. Maybe bricklinking the figs is the better call on this one.

Hopefully the Iron Man armory and this set arent indicative of what we can expect going forward in regard to price vs quality... The Endgame Final Battle and the Goat Boat were amazing sets for their price.

Going back to the Marvel CMF discussion for a minute, I absolutely think we’ll get another series. The first series sold extremely well and seemed pretty well-received. The question is what characters and properties they could include with all of the Disney+ shows Marvel is dumping each year. 

As for the new Black Panther set, that sure is… something. I mean, no disrespect to the designers, but to me, it looks like a bunch of plates and some random elements slapped together. It looks more MOC-like than a Lego set, albeit a very basic MOC, but the model still looks so bland and lifeless. The lack of interior pictures is concerning as well, and the box art in general is very odd. The characters are set up at very static angles and poses, and the model itself doesn’t look super appealing either. I only glanced at the new figures but they seem cool enough. Black Panther Shuri isn’t a surprise at all but I do think it’s kinda interesting that this isn’t coming out after the movie, kinda like that one Civil War Spidey set. Overall, this Black Panther wave looks really bland to me and is kind of an underwhelming end to a mediocre year for Lego Marvel.

I don't feel this Black Panther wave as a whole offers enough of the Atlanteans to get across the idea of two nations going to war. We also lack supporting characters, every character we have is a hero or villain, someone who presumably would have a fighting role - there's nobody who'd be outside of the fighting like Everett Ross or Ramonda.

The most unique build is Namor's throne as all the Black Panther primary vehicles are just black with some minor detailing other than the minaturised Dragon Flyers in the boat set. I know Lego is stuck using the movie's designs, but it makes certain sets less interesting and some feel like Batman vehicles (Shuri's Sunbird as 'The Bat' from TDKR)

Have not been massively interested in this wave, but was intrigued by the Namor's throne set and was waiting till the end of this wave in the hopes it'd flesh out the Atlanteans a bit more to justify getting Namor, Attuma and hopefully Namora and a generic Atlantean but without those it feels kinda pointless having two unique Atlanteans to represent an entire nation.

5 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Looks like they won't be releasing for the foreseeable future sadly so probably sets that were planned but never made it onto shelves

That's unfortunately, thanks for clarifying though. Guess we are only waiting on the D2C now for this year.

I usually hate angular stuff but I really like this sub. The drones are cool especially as they fit inside. Would be super easy to mod a bottom floor into it too!

I do like the build overall. It has an interesting shape and what seems to be a very spacious interior, but it's very boring from the outside and definitely overpriced. The little dragonfly drones are perfect, but Wakandan vehicles usually have some kind of personality to them, and this ship has nothing. It's just a black box. A nice black box, but there's nothing special about it apart from the shape. 

Totally agree about the minifigures, too. How are there only two Talocans across a 4 set wave?? Not to mention that Shuri's Black Panther suit still doesn't get leg printing and there's no headdress for Namor. Namora should've replaced Attuma in the Sunbird set at the very least, even if we didn't get generic Talocan soldiers. I really think Ramonda should've been included as well, but I can forgive LEGO for not making her since she probably won't be as involved in the action. She's got such an interesting design though - I really hope we get a figure of her in the future.

I hope the new Miles vs Morbius set is comic based and not MCU based since its cheap and cheap comic sets have not been available for some time less you count the mechs or cartoon spidey sets. Similarly hope the Rocket in the new mech set is comic based, even if my 2014  orange Rocket Raccoon is fairly comic accurate.

Lastly I hope the Ghost Rider mech set is not a normal mech set and ends up coming with more than 1 fig. I say this because its supposed to bring a bike too and that already sets it apart from other mech sets. So does the price. Far reach but it’d be nice to see Elektra or some other hero show up with him. Its likely to be Spiderman so in that case I hope they pair them against a new villain. I wouldn’t even be mad at an updated Mysterio with printed legs.

43 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I hope the new Miles vs Morbius set is comic based and not MCU based since its cheap and cheap comic sets have not been available for some time less you count the mechs or cartoon spidey sets. 

I'd say that's pretty much a guarantee amigo, considering neither Miles nor Morbius are in the MCU

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I'd say that's pretty much a guarantee amigo, considering neither Miles nor Morbius are in the MCU

I thought Morbius was supposed to be in an upcoming MCU film, but its nice to hear its likely comic based. Still, I hope at least another character appears that is not Spidey. With no rumored series 2, the outpouring of MCU projects and the smaller series sizes for cmf series, I legit do not know how we will ever get a Lego squirrel girl. 

also really hoping Jessica Drew Spiderwoman gets made in a wide release set in the coming years. 

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

I hope the new Miles vs Morbius set is comic based and not MCU based since its cheap and cheap comic sets have not been available for some time less you count the mechs or cartoon spidey sets. 

It's pretty obvious. Miles hasn't even appeared in live-action. 

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

I thought Morbius was supposed to be in an upcoming MCU film

*laughs maniacally*   

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

also really hoping Jessica Drew Spiderwoman gets made in a wide release set in the coming years. 

Apparently most of the marvel-sony contract friction is supposedly over who gets to use her, so we may see an MCU variant at least within the next few years.

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

I legit do not know how we will ever get a Lego squirrel girl. 

Given how Morbius and any other comic Marvel hero has showed up in lego form, my bet would be on Squirrel Girl showing up in a random Iron Man set next year (her first appearance was with Iron Man lol)

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*laughs maniacally*   

Apparently most of the marvel-sony contract friction is supposedly over who gets to use her, so we may see an MCU variant at least within the next few years.

Silly me, I haven’t been keeping up with all of this!! Turns out it was already released and was made by Sony? So thats what caused the confusion, I didn’t watch it so I had no idea if Miles showed up and I didn’t know it wasn’t Disney. Whoops :pir-grin:

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Silly me, I haven’t been keeping up with all of this!! Turns out it was already released and was made by Sony? So thats what caused the confusion, I didn’t watch it so I had no idea if Miles showed up and I didn’t know it wasn’t Disney. Whoops :pir-grin:

Man, you missed out. It's truly one of the films of all time. It had a director. The action scenes were. There was a soundtrack. Jared Leto's performance was. (Jokes aside it's legitimately one of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, it's not so bad it's funny, it's just bad. The jokes that came out of how bad it was were great, though.)

All that to say, it's morbin time, and I can't wait to legitimately buy the morbius set with the morbmobile on jan 1, 2023.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Man, you missed out. It's truly one of the films of all time. It had a director. The action scenes were. There was a soundtrack. Jared Leto's performance was. (Jokes aside it's legitimately one of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, it's not so bad it's funny, it's just bad. The jokes that came out of how bad it was were great, though.)

All that to say, it's morbin time, and I can't wait to legitimately buy the morbius set with the morbmobile on jan 1, 2023.

You know, my favorite thing about the movie is, like, it feels like a movie. It feels like a real, like, you know, ‘go to the theater’ film movie.