Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

545 pieces, five figures... definitely not seeing the justification for the $79.99 price point. Hopefully this 'Royal Leopard' is what was misleading people about the $500 D2C and the $500 D2C will be something non-Black Panther related. Given the D2C's potential release date of November 11th, we likely won't see it until the end of October so it's gonna be a bit of a wait to know for sure.

We now have only three potential 2022 Marvel reveals that we are aware of: 76222, 76224 and 76210 ($500 D2C)

Updated List:

Hide contents

OCTOBER:

• 76211: Shuri's Sunbird
  • 76212: Shuri's Lab
  • 76213: King Namor's Throne Room
  • 76214: Black Panther: Water Wars
  • 76215: Black Panther (Bust)

NOVEMBER:

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

HULKBUSTER MKII:

Originally reported as being 76215 by Promobricks in Winter 2021 with more details relayed later, this set number has been taken by the Black Panther Bust and it's unclear if the Hulkbuster MKII is actually going to be a set in 2022 or early 2023. Falcon speculated this is the $500 D2C that is releasing in November, however conflicting reports have implied that set might be a Wakandan vehicle. For the moment the nature of the Hulkbuster MKII rumors and information regarding it is unknown.

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech ($14.99, 138 pcs)
  • 76242: Thanos Mech ($14.99, 113 pcs)
  • 76243: Rocket Raccoon Mech ($14.99, 98 pcs)
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius ($24.99, 220 pcs)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike ($34.99, 264 pcs)
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda ($49.99, 385 pcs)
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet ($99.99, 795 pcs)

FEBRUARY 2023:

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs)

JUNE 2023:

• 30653: (Polybag?, Could be DC or Marvel, 40 pcs)

UNKNOWN 2023:

• 76246:
  • 76249:
  • 76250: $69.99
  • 76251: $79.99
  • 76252:
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3')

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest.

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

29 minutes ago, hvader said:

I hope Namor comes with his awesome headdress

the minifigure leaked along with Iron Heart, M’baku etc. was the same as the throne

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Sounds neat but man, how I wish it was a war whale instead...

War whale as $500 d2c

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I guess this boat is what we've seen in the trailer, when the Dora Milaje are shown fighting the Talocanians

At 1:53, right? And I guess it not the one from 0:55, which look like a regular western boat.

A Wakandan boat sounds like a good set. Boats usually have larger pieces which sadly increase the price of the set. But Namora was needed. It is not  "Water Wars" when there are 4 figs vs just Namor.

9 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

At 1:53, right? And I guess it not the one from 0:55, which look like a regular western boat.

A Wakandan boat sounds like a good set. Boats usually have larger pieces which sadly increase the price of the set. But Namora was needed. It is not  "Water Wars" when there are 4 figs vs just Namor.

I think that critique could be leveled at the entire wave. It doesn't really feel like Wakanda vs Atlantis when there are only two Atlanteans. Even just one more would've been nice, named or generic.

5 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think that critique could be leveled at the entire wave. It doesn't really feel like Wakanda vs Atlantis when there are only two Atlanteans. Even just one more would've been nice, named or generic.

Agreed. That's a huge miss. We could have at least had one generic Talocan soldier thrown into each set. 

Just wondering. When was the last time we had a polybag related to an MCU movie? Why did Lego seem to stop releasing these?

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks! So technically, FFH. Hope Lego will release more MCU-related polybags.

29 minutes ago, deemen said:

Thanks! So technically, FFH. Hope Lego will release more MCU-related polybags.

Before that, we had a Shang-Chi polybag, so MCU ones are still alive and well :classic:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Before that, we had a Shang-Chi polybag, so MCU ones are still alive and well :classic:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to hunt those both down. (Love Spidey, so I need the ditko suit, and Shang-Chi is one of those movies where I didn't think it was objectively a great MCU movie, but it's personally in my top 5)

The wait for this $500 set is killing me. We're getting lots of information about the Razor Crest, which releases not all that far away from it, but we still don't know what this thing is. I mean, in a way we know LESS than before because all the BP information might have been tangled with the $350 BP set.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to hunt those both down. (Love Spidey, so I need the ditko suit, and Shang-Chi is one of those movies where I didn't think it was objectively a great MCU movie, but it's personally in my top 5)

The wait for this $500 set is killing me. We're getting lots of information about the Razor Crest, which releases not all that far away from it, but we still don't know what this thing is. I mean, in a way we know LESS than before because all the BP information might have been tangled with the $350 BP set.

I thought it had been determined the $500 set was the hulkbuster and it had just been a mix up between it and the BP bust as far as set number and price?

I know TandNbricks made  it sound like the $500 set was a still to be revealed a BP vehicle, but i would assume that was bad info and was confused for  the recently revealed  Royal Leopard ship

Edited by Mattallica

49 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I thought it had been determined the $500 set was the hulkbuster and it had just been a mix up between it and the BP bust as far as set number and price?

I know TandNbricks made  it sound like the $500 set was a still to be revealed a BP vehicle, but i would assume that was bad info and was confused for  the recently revealed  Royal Leopard ship

Honestly I don't know what's going on with these anymore. There's so much conflicting information. The hulkbuster would be a good choice for the $500 set if that is the current consensus of what it is, though. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly I don't know what's going on with these anymore. There's so much conflicting information. The hulkbuster would be a good choice for the $500 set if that is the current consensus of what it is, though. 

"I have to admit, my trust in [leakers] has been shaken."

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I am still curious as to what 76222 and 76224 are, we were meant to get them this year and while they are possibly delayed DC sets I'd like to get confirmation.

The D2C I don't mind waiting a little longer to hear information on at this point. If it is indeed the November 11th release date then it's possible we won't even see the set until late October/November. Knowing the identity of the set would be immensely helpful, but for $500 I guess it'd help more to see it because execution is key.

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

They seem fairly sure we'd get the Hulkbuster MKII either this year or early next, whether that be the $500 set or not, so I'd lean to the numbers being confused as opposed to the set information.

Honestly if the $500 Hulkbuster is well-designed i would happily pay for it. The Hulkbuster Mark 2 is a very cool looking mech

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I am still curious as to what 76222 and 76224 are, we were meant to get them this year and while they are possibly delayed DC sets I'd like to get confirmation.

Looks like they won't be releasing for the foreseeable future sadly so probably sets that were planned but never made it onto shelves

Ooof, that black panther boat....I mean it might be accurate but it just looks like a black wedge

Edit: Also M'baku looks pretty rough

Edit 2: So they're not trying to hide that Shuri is the BP I guess, since she's absent from this set but the two other most likely candidates are present. I suppose it could be Nakia, but I think it's probably shuri.

Edit 3: Oop, she's unmasked on the back of the box. I can't make out the print but from the hair it looks like it's Shuri.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Oh boy, that looks terrible... I get what they were going for, but that looks like a plain black box. It has no interesting details whatsoever. 

The minfiigures also aren't that great honestly. Sure, most of them are fine (Ironheart is great tho), but none of them scream 'you need to get this set'.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Edit 3: Oop, she's unmasked on the back of the box. I can't make out the print but from the hair it looks like it's Shuri.

It is.

That's so Blacktron.

I'm imagining a scene where sinister Blacktron agents shove an unsuspecting Classic overboard, right into the gaping maw of a sea monster - that is, I'm imagining the scene from Mandalorian season 2 on the Quarren boat, except with Blacktron.

Because that boat is so Blacktron.