Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Have updated the list. Worth noting that 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels') is probably going to be delayed as the film does not release until late 2023 now.

Updated List:

Hide contents

OCTOBER:

• 76211: Shuri's Sunbird
  • 76212: Shuri's Lab
  • 76213: King Namor's Throne Room
  • 76214: (Wakanda Forever; 80€, 545 pcs)
  • 76215: Black Panther (Bust)

NOVEMBER:

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

HULKBUSTER MKII:

Originally reported as being 76215 by Promobricks in Winter 2021 with more details relayed later, this set number has been taken by the Black Panther Bust and it's unclear if the Hulkbuster MKII is actually going to be a set in 2022 or early 2023. Falcon speculated this is the $500 D2C that is releasing in November, however conflicting reports have implied that set might be a Wakandan vehicle. For the moment the nature of the Hulkbuster MKII rumors and information regarding it is unknown.

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech $14.99
  • 76242: Thanos Mech $14.99
  • 76243: Rocket Mech $14.99
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius $24.99
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike $34.99
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda $49.99
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet $99.99

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $9.99
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $34.99
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $49.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) $9.99
  • 76254: (GotG themed) $34.99
  • 76255: (GotG themed) $99.99

UNKNOWN 2023:

• 76246:
  • 76249:
  • 76250: $69.99
  • 76251: $79.99
  • 76252:
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3')

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

For $30 I could easily see Antman Wasp, Cassie Kang and then a buildable MODOK

As of a year or two ago I'd say 4 figs and a buildable modok was perfectly plausible for a $30 set, but now I'd be shocked if all three heroes are included.

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

obviously he got tired of flying. 

Nah, he just doesn't want miles to know he can fly. Never let them know your next move.

The Morbmobile is incredible. I wonder if it's the car he drives in the post credits scene (which would be phenomenal), or a souped-up ridiculous looking car in his color scheme with fangs and all that (which would be just as incredible)

7 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

On top of that, 75256 is reportedly only $30, which doesn't seem big enough to include all 3 heroes alongside Kang and MODOK, so it seems someone is getting the short end of the stick...

I think it'll just be Ant-Man, Wasp, Cassie and brick-built Modok. Three figures and Modok being Brick-built seems logical. They could save Kang for a potential Loki Season 2 set that would release middle of 2023 or Marvel CMF Series 2 (If we are lucky) in late 2023.

39 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

what could sets 76250 and 76251 be?

($69 and $79 respectively)

Any NWH sets would likely be the second half of the year, I think this list would mostly be focused around the first half? Though two sets priced like that, one being Peter's appartment and one being a Statue Of Liberty/Lab battle could cover all the figures. Other than that we have so many options.

My main speculation would be:

• Spider-man Helmet, as we got one for Venom & Carnage
  • 10th anniversary remake sets, going under the viewpoint the Quinjet is a remake of the Avengers 2012 set
  • Legacy sets, revisiting prior films such as The Incredible Hulk (Hulk, Abomination), Iron Man 2 (Justin Hammer, Drones, Whiplash MK1), Thor Dark World (Malekith, Kurse), Captain America Winter Soldier (Alexander Pierce, Batroc, Stealth Suit Cap), Doctor Strange (Kaecilius, Dormammu), Thor Ragnarok (Surtur, Skurge), Ant-Man 2 (Hope Van Dyne, Goliath, Luis, Sonny Burch), Captain Marvel (Maria Rambeau, Yon-Rogg, Mar-Vell/Supreme Intelligence), etc...
  • Spoilery Doctor Strange 2 set featuring the illuminati
  • Another Iron Man armour set featuring some new Iron Man suits
  • Iron Man Gauntlet/Arc Reactor for display
Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Worth noting that 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels') is probably going to be delayed as the film does not release until late 2023 now.

Ya, probably don't want a repeat of Black Widow/Shang-Chi where they released the sets way before the movie.

8 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Spoilery Doctor Strange 2 set featuring the illuminati

Unlike NWH, I doubt we'll get any more spoiler sets for MOM. The two Spider-Men and villains were a major part of NWH, while the Illuminati were glorified cameos who died almost immediately.

I was hoping for a Morb Mech, but I suppose a Morbmobile doesn't sound too bad either. Still can't believe we're actually getting Morbius.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think it'll just be Ant-Man, Wasp, Cassie and brick-built Modok. Three figures and Modok being Brick-built seems logical. They could save Kang for a potential Loki Season 2 set that would release middle of 2023 or Marvel CMF Series 2 (If we are lucky) in late 2023.

Any NWH sets would likely be the second half of the year, I think this list would mostly be focused around the first half? Though two sets priced like that, one being Peter's appartment and one being a Statue Of Liberty/Lab battle could cover all the figures. Other than that we have so many options.

My main speculation would be:

• Spider-man Helmet, as we got one for Venom & Carnage
  • 10th anniversary remake sets, going under the viewpoint the Quinjet is a remake of the Avengers 2012 set
  • Legacy sets, revisiting prior films such as The Incredible Hulk (Hulk, Abomination), Iron Man 2 (Justin Hammer, Drones, Whiplash MK1), Thor Dark World (Malekith, Kurse), Captain America Winter Soldier (Alexander Pierce, Batroc, Stealth Suit Cap), Doctor Strange (Kaecilius, Dormammu), Thor Ragnarok (Surtur, Skurge), Ant-Man 2 (Hope Van Dyne, Goliath, Luis, Sonny Burch), Captain Marvel (Maria Rambeau, Yon-Rogg, Mar-Vell/Supreme Intelligence), etc...
  • Spoilery Doctor Strange 2 set featuring the illuminati
  • Another Iron Man armour set featuring some new Iron Man suits
  • Iron Man Gauntlet/Arc Reactor for display

I'd love sets based on the incredible hulk, such an overhated film

I'm quite glad Morbius is getting a car instead of a mech, though he has never been known to do much driving since he can fly. He once rode a motorcycle when he was a member of the Midnight Sons but it was short-lived. I imagine it will be an over-the-top classic hotrod or better yet, a comicly suped-up hearse like The Munsters. 

I really want to know about the Ghost Rider set. Hopefully we get more info soon. My hope is that it's Danny Ketch since we've already gotten Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes. Also, sidenote, the Werewolf-By-Night special looks incredible and has me very excited like I knew it would. It kills me that we don't get sets based on the Marvel D+ shows(other than What If? For some reason) because there could have been an awesome, spooky set based on the Halloween special. I guess all I can hope for is a minifig series that includes Werewolf-By-Night and Elsa Bloodstone but what I really want is a Man-Thing bigfig. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope he shows up in a movie...

Edited by ToaDraco

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'd love sets based on the incredible hulk, such an overhated film

Wait, people hate the 2008 movie? I thought most people were just ‚meh‘ on it :shrug_oh_well: Now the 2003 one, that one deserves some vitriol :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Bruh morbius about to roll up into lego marvel and flex his rims

Shredded Morbius arrives in his Morbmobile!! Get ready to get morbed! :rofl: 

Hope the set references the memes somehow, even though it’s comic based. I love it when TLG acknowledges memes, like the Spidey picture in the Bugle set :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wait, people hate the 2008 movie? I thought most people were just ‚meh‘ on it :shrug_oh_well: Now the 2003 one, that one deserves some vitriol :laugh_hard:

Shredded Morbius arrives in his Morbmobile!! Get ready to get morbed! :rofl: 

Hope the set references the memes somehow, even though it’s comic based. I love it when TLG acknowledges memes, like the Spidey picture in the Bugle set :laugh:

I doubt it considering the memes are fairly recent and the set was designed a year ago.

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Bruh morbius about to roll up into lego marvel and flex his rims

The doctor said he's morbiously a beast

#staymorbius

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Watch the license plates be like '1T5 M0RB1N T1M3' :jollyroger:

With the Ant-Man set, what do people think the chances are of microfigs? 

Do those only generally show up in bigger sets? I've never really thought about it. 

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just out of curiosity, in what other instances have we got Lego referencing a meme/popular culture?

Just now, SEmrys said:

With the Ant-Man set, what do people think the chances are of microfigs? 

Do those only generally show up in bigger sets? I've never really thought about it. 

We've only had micro Ant Man figures in the CW airport, and both Endgame Campus sets, so yes they have only appeared in big sets, but there's no reason they couldn't throw one in a small set. But with three Ant Man microfigures, that technically doubles to six as they come in pairs, we really need one for Wasp. This would require a new mold, but said mold could be used in the future for Tinkerbell and other fairies. I also hope the new figure finally uses the Firefly helmet

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Just out of curiosity, in what other instances have we got Lego referencing a meme/popular culture?

Clearly not enough in Marvel as we have neither Thanoscopter nor Thanos Car

12 hours ago, Meadius said:

I was hoping for a Morb Mech, but I suppose a Morbmobile doesn't sound too bad either. Still can't believe we're actually getting Morbius.

I'm still in shock. I want this so badly. Lego Morbius will solve all world problems.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I doubt it considering the memes are fairly recent and the set was designed a year ago.

To be fair, the memes have been around since months before the release of the film, and they've been pretty big since the films released. The timeline's a little too short to make the full design of the set meme-based, but it wouldn't be hard at all for them to make a M0RB1N license plate or something.

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Clearly not enough in Marvel as we have neither Thanoscopter nor Thanos Car

I've thought for years that the ThanosCopter would make an excellent juniors set. They could even throw in exclusive figures like Hellcat or regular-cops-that-can-arrest-thanos-somehow

28 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The one that always comes to my mind is the "Lofi girl" printed tile that's in a Monkie Kid set or something.

Maybe it's time we start letting ourselves mourn and heal and admit that there's probably not more NWH sets coming...

12 hours ago, Subnautica said:

Ya, probably don't want a repeat of Black Widow/Shang-Chi where they released the sets way before the movie.

Should also mention that we could see a reverse of the situation with the Ant-Man 3 set. Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 swapped release dates in April 2022, Ant-Man moved from July to February - meaning unless Lego have the set ready to go early we might not see the Ant-Man 3 set around the release date of the film, instead it may wind up being closer to the middle of the year.

39 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

As far as I can remember its more that Lego makes something that becomes a meme OR releases something to tie into a new film that can result in overlap alongside a meme. We primarily have situations like 'Baby Yoshi' becoming 'Fat Yoshi' or the 'Bathtub Stunt Bike' getting referred to as the 'Bathmobile'. Then you have lines of dialogue like 'A man has fallen in the river in Lego City', 'A landslide has occured'.

10 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Maybe it's time we start letting ourselves mourn and heal and admit that there's probably not more NWH sets coming...

Well we have late 2023 as a potential option, but failing that we do open up to legacy set possibilities if a Spider-man 4 is on the horizon. Though yes, it's best to lower hopes for NWH sets as the time passes.

20 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Given that action figures of the 3 spidermen release in august of next year, it seems that's the time in which Marvel is letting toy companies release spoiler products for NWH, so there's still a chance. I have no clue why they felt the need to leave so much time in-between, especially since promo for the re release is covered in 'spoiler' stuff, but that seems to be the timeline of things.

Now, I also have to admit that spoiler marvel sets aren't that common, but if we base our expectations on the Infinity Saga wave after endgame, then mid to late 2023 sounds about right for when such a thing would release. I feel like it just has to happen eventually, especially with the infinity saga and revisiting old movies now being a thing. I guess it's all just a matter of time....

9 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Should also mention that we could see a reverse of the situation with the Ant-Man 3 set. Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 swapped release dates in April 2022, Ant-Man moved from July to February - meaning unless Lego have the set ready to go early we might not see the Ant-Man 3 set around the release date of the film, instead it may wind up being closer to the middle of the year.

Has that ever been the case though? We've seen plenty of schedule shifting in terms of these films over the past 2 years, and the only hiccups have been Shang-Chi sets releasing early and the Eternals sets being included in that catalogue. I also think you're underestimating how far in advance sets are designed, it would not surprise me at all if by the time the change happened the set was already done. With all of this in mind, I don't see why a January or February release isn't possible.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

As others have pointed out, stickers don‘t take that long to be designed :laugh:

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

The Lofi girl reference that @bricksandabear has pointed out comes to mind, the references in the upcoming Office set, and all the references throughout the videogames, if those count :classic:

the 2 sets that have my interest so far are the quintet and IW hulkbuster set. I think the ppp ratio in them are okay plus the minifigs are sure to be interesting. I'm a sucker for smaller mech sets too so I'll probably get this one over the Hulkbuster D2C

the new quinjet piece count is 795 and the ultimate quinjet from 2019 was 838 pieces. Should be minus the stud cannon at the back and no Hawkeye three wheel buggy. For display or legacy they could just include the OG avengers if it is based on avengers one.

do you think that the small 10 dollar set with the guardians will be a 4+ set?

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

This one definitely comes to mind.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

31 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

do you think that the small 10 dollar set with the guardians will be a 4+ set? 

I believe so. Apparently, it will have 67 pieces, according to Stonewars. I expect two figs. I think one of them will be Quill, as a repeat from the biggest set. If I could speculate the sets and fig distribution:

$10, 67 pieces: Star-lord and Cosmos (a new mold, like Scooby-doo). Some interior build, like the BP lab set;

$35, 330 pieces: Rocket, Nebula and High Evolutionary, with Groot as the build, plus other build;

$100, 1108 pieces: Star-lord, Drax, Mantis, Gamora and Adam Warlock. Probably a spaceship.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder