Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

If they had done Black Panther as a head similar to the Iron Man, Venom and Carnage heads (similar size and price point) I would have been interested. But for what the Black Panther bust costs here in Australia I would rather buy a Daily Bugle instead (the Bugle costs the same as the Black Panther bust here in Australia)

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I know in the comics Zemo is the founder of the Thunderbolts, but in the MCU his goal of ending all super soldiers wouldn't make him a good fit for the team when there's like 5 of them. He also couldn't offer much that anyone else could, except his strategist mindset and his butler. He'd make for a good villain in the film, or maybe even a twist that Val's working for/with him

But when it comes to sets, I'll be very happy to get Red Guardian in common public release, as well as of course USAgent, who really should've had Monica's spot in the CMF (or Zemo)

Yeah, but zemo's really cool and I'm not sure where else he'd show up. CA:NWO is a hulk movie now apparently.  A twist that Val's working with/for him would be cool, and it also could be explained that he's doing this to have the super soldiers under his supervision.

44 minutes ago, jonwil said:

If they had done Black Panther as a head similar to the Iron Man, Venom and Carnage heads (similar size and price point) I would have been interested. But for what the Black Panther bust costs here in Australia I would rather buy a Daily Bugle instead (the Bugle costs the same as the Black Panther bust here in Australia)

100% same here. A black panther helmet for $60-80USD would be a perfectly fine set. But when it's this or the bugle, I choose the bugle.

Actually, I'm gonna try for the Bugle this Christmas. Have to get it before it retires, after all. And it'll be nice to finally have a version of my boy Matt Murdock that's not just a bad purist custom.

I'm pretty excited at all the minifigure possibilities from these new movies (especially for The Marvels, because I desperately need an MCU Kamala Khan). Thunderbolts and Captain America 4 could give us some pretty cool sets. I know the set builds for Earth-based spy/military movies aren't usually anything special in terms of subject matter, but I think LEGO's been turning out pretty good builds regardless. I liked all the Civil War builds and I liked the Black Widow helicopter and tank quite a bit. Even if we just get more cars and planes, I expect those sets to be pretty cool. 

Ahhh so many cool figure opportunities… The Leader, US Agent (finally), a more accessible Red Guardian, and could we possibly get Daredevil and Kingpin???

11 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Now that D23 is done, do we have any idea of when the last black panther set ($80) will be revealed?

If that Panther won't be revealed before the movie, am I afraid we might wait until December for the set?  🥶

I totally agree with Zemo not being on the Thunderbolts team, due to how the character was written, but I really would like to get a Zemo minifig, so I hope he still is in the movie, maybe as the villain.

Regarding the team:

-I hope they now do justice for the Taskmaster fig. It needs leg printing, a blue hood piece, and proper sword and shield, not the gimmicky ones from the BW set;

-Will they make a new piece for Yelena googles? Or will they just print it in one of the fig faces? I guess both possibilities will look good;

-Aside from the two above, I think no other character needs leg printing;

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
Typo

Thunderbolts is pretty far off. We still have to get through 2023 films first :P

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

If that Panther won't be revealed before the movie, am I afraid we might wait until December for the set?  🥶

The Black Panther Bust set releases 1st October 2022
The fourth Black Panther: WF set ( 76214) releases 1st October 2022.

The $500 set, that we don't know the identity of, is potentially releasing in November.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Now that D23 is done, do we have any idea of when the last black panther set ($80) will be revealed?

We probably have not seen it due to the set featuring what they consider spoilers. I am guessing they are ideally waiting on a trailer.

Personally would guess we'll see a trailer this week and a set reveal next week as the set is still seemingly releasing October 1st. If we don't get the new trailer this week then it's almost a certainty that Lego will spoil information about Black Panther: WF with the final set, something Falcon speculated on also due to how little they are showing of Black Panther: WF.

Spoiler

The spoiler is likely the Iron Heart MK2 suit

11 hours ago, hvader said:

Ahhh so many cool figure opportunities… The Leader, US Agent (finally), a more accessible Red Guardian, and could we possibly get Daredevil and Kingpin???

Daredevil definitely seems to be getting the most focus and will appear in the penultimate episode of She-Hulk, have a role in Echo and get his own series Daredevil: Born Again. I feel as as such it is highly likely we get a Daredevil figure by mid 2024. Unsure about Kingpin, but if we get Daredevil we'll probably get Kingpin also.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:31 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I think they just didn't want to spoil she-hulk's ending. (I don't have any leaks or info on that, I haven't even watched more than ep1, I'm just saying he totally is gonna end up in the thunderbolts)

And if so, a bigfig's on the table. 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

I'll be very happy to get Red Guardian in common public release

Here's my freaky guess - the film is going to hulkify Red Guardian (blending him with Red Hulk). So you will get a bigfig and you will get Red Guardian, but it won't be what you want in either case.

Just a guess since between Barnes, Walker, and Taskmaster you already have enough shield-wielding super soldier types. So it would be more varied. And it would be fun. And David Harbour already has experence being a big lad with red skin.

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks have a new article! 75232 is based on The Marvels while 75256 ties in with Quantumania :thumbup:

On top of that, 75256 is reportedly only $30, which doesn't seem big enough to include all 3 heroes alongside Kang and MODOK, so it seems someone is getting the short end of the stick...

48 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

On top of that, 75256 is reportedly only $30, which doesn't seem big enough to include all 3 heroes alongside Kang and MODOK, so it seems someone is getting the short end of the stick...

I bet that MODOK is the build

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

I'd put my money on Antman and Wasp figures, and a Modok build, and skipping both Kang and Stature/Stinger/Cassie/etc

12 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I'd put my money on Antman and Wasp figures, and a Modok build, and skipping both Kang and Stature/Stinger/Cassie/etc

For $30 I could easily see Antman Wasp, Cassie Kang and then a buildable MODOK

Only one $30 set for Quantumania seems like too little. I know the Ant-Man movies aren't huge but I was hoping we'd get Hank and Janet this time around. And if we get Scott, Hope, Cassie, and Kang in one $30 set, I expect the minifigures to look half-baked with no leg printing and reused faces all around or for the build to be shockingly small with great figures. As for The Marvels, I'm very happy to see that the set is $80. I think bigger one-off sets or two small to medium sized sets per movie is the way to go, because one small to medium set isn't enough to get all the characters we want. I'm expecting Carol, Monica, Kamala, and Nick Fury in that set plus probably Zawe Ashton's villain. 

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That would be a dream... I was accounting for a $30 set that would have been a $20 set in 2021... I guess even in Antman's first set there were three figs with the miniscule build. Hopefully this is more like the Endgame battle pack

40 minutes ago, hvader said:

If there's no Kang in Quantumania set I’ll be very sad

If he's not we're looking at another 2 years until we'd be guaranteed to get him

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The automorbile

A reference to the movie where Morbius drives to see Vulture

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That sounds almost too good to be true.

I hope they don't cut any corners, we need all those characters — Kang the most tho.

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The automorbile

LMAO :jollyroger:

Morbiuscarmorbiuscarmorbiuscar.

You know, fellas, I've been thinking about it and y'all got a point about the statue of liberty thing.

Maybe it's not my jam, but I'm glad it's something important for you, sorry if I came out as rude.

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

A reference to the movie where Morbius drives to see Vulture

A reference to Tommy Wiseau's vampire car in The Room (2003).

3 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Obviously Ant-Man is a given, but if I had to choose between Wasp and Ant-Man Jr, I'd think Lego would go for the later (probably getting both, tho).

And since we need a bad guy for the heroes to fight Modok seems like a good concept for a build!

Inb4 we actually get a repeat of Antman and the Wasp figures fighting Walton Goggins' character with their gi-ant monster truck.

7 hours ago, Shahennian said:

I hope abomination and Zemo join the movie as well. I would love figs for both of them!

I'd love to get a Zemo minifigure because his outfits are always amazing, but I don't really see them fitting in the movie.

Maybe Zemo as the villain/antagonist, but Abomination doesn't seem to fit there (then again they bought him back so they're defenetly using him at some point)