Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Or the Hulkbuster was pushed to 2023 as a result of the black panther stuff beinging added 

Can you confirm the Hulkbuster MKII is definitely happening?

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

What about the possibility that the Hulkbuster is delayed (which FF suggested on IG) and the $500 set is a wild card?

Doubtful. Didn’t they claim the Hulkbuster was twice as tall as the previous one? If true, $350 would never have made sense, now that I think about it. Doubling the height of an object means 4 times the area and 8 times the volume, so it should be a lot more expensive than roughly double the price :tongue:

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Or the Hulkbuster was pushed to 2023 as a result of the black panther stuff beinging added 

So, no $500 BP vehicle anymore, Hulkbuster is now $500+, and it will likely be released next year?

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

Sell for way above expected price and market to adults who like the IP instead of adults who like Lego.

I remember a time when people on this forum weren't the target market because kids were. Now we aren't the target market because Non-Lego fans are :laugh:

Edited by upliftingbricks

4 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

So, no $500 BP vehicle anymore, Hulkbuster is now $500+, and it will likely be released next year?

A $500 vehicle could still happen but most likely the $500 is Hulkbuster now and release in November 

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

This has already been the case for the past few years. It's market to people who like the IP, have nostalgia for LEGO, and plenty of cash. That isn't new to this specific season.

Sorry, i wasn't trying to say that they haven't been doing this, but to me they are now doing this at a larger scale with sets that i look at and say who was this made for? (Question is rhetorical BTW, obviously its exactly who you said in your response)

The head on BP looks like a complex build at least until you look at the lifestyle photo and see that they quite literally scaled up the build process of the 60-70$ helmets.

Edited by Archer

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

A $500 vehicle could still happen but most likely the $500 is Hulkbuster now and release in November 

Thanks. This will be a really interesting rest of 2022.

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doubtful. Didn’t they claim the Hulkbuster was twice as tall as the previous one? If true, $350 would never have made sense, now that I think about it. Doubling the height of an object means 4 times the area and 8 times the volume, so it should be a lot more expensive than roughly double the price :tongue:

What if... and bare with me here...

It's an oversized Hulkbuster MKII around 3000 pieces devoted to that coupled with a selection of figures from the Infinity War final battle - e.g. Thanos, Cull Obsidian, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Bruce Banner, Black Panther, Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow, Thor, Rocket, Groot, Vision, Wanda, etc...

Granted it would not match Promobricks original description of the pricing/piece count, but we know that pricing and piece count now belongs to the bust thing.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Will hold out hope for that then. The Hulkbuster MKII appeals more to me.

Edited by Scarilian

Yikes! Nice looking set, but I'm not starting into a bust line at $350 a pop!

Worse, the set I was interested in looks to now be $500? Which means that probably won't happen for me. There have only been two sets I was willing to save and sell things for to justify that cost. That was the Falcon and SD. Once things start hitting $500+ im out!

Isn't there a hulkbuster set in the January wave? Seems like it could be misconstrued info.

Regardless, nobody was going to get a $500 Black Panther vehicle set, so there's not really any reason to be disappointed by a bust we're not going to get either. I'm most surprised that Marvel is so confident in Black Panther WF that they're merchandising this much.... Especially if Captain Marvel, Antman, the D+ shows, and DC properties aren't worth the merch.

I hope there are people out there who like/enjoy this and actually get it, but personally I don't see how this adds very much over a helmet version for $60-$80. Yes, it's got the salute, but it's not terribly elegantly done and feels odd without the arms in place. Not sure that a slightly skewed salute is worth the extra $250-$290 on this one.

I didn't/won't get the Hogwarts Icons or Express sets, but at least you can appreciate all of the model. Not the case for me on this one.

Oh my that is…something.

look, this may be a morbid take on it, but this, Hasbro’s ‘Legacy’ line, and Hot toys redoing Black Panther figures does kinda feel like profiteering off of his death to me. Like yeah it is honouring his impact, but at the same time, these are all big companies looking to make money…

I dunno, weird move in my opinion

Edited by Whovastron

so much for all the "Leakers" info of it being a vehicle 

whelp thats $350 i wont be spending on lego and if the hulkbuster ends up being $500 i wont buy that either, my wallet screams in joy

I think it looks okay, but I don't really see where the pieces went. It just kinda looks like another one of the helmet sets with arms added on. And maybe it's just me, but I cannot see this selling very well. I don't know if it'll be on the level of Camp Nou or Queer Eye, but even for non-Lego fans, I imagine this would seem very expensive for what you get.

On the one hand, this is the obvious choice for a gigantic Black Panther set: the Black Panther costume is by far the most iconic Wakandan design in the MCU, and people mostly care a lot more about T'Challa/Black Panther as a character than about the Wakandan vehicles and weapons.

On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone was asking for a $350 life-sized bust of it.

Maybe Lego hopes the same people will buy a $350 life-sized Black Panther bust as will buy a $250 Bowser puppet.

3 minutes ago, icm said:

Maybe Lego hopes the same people will buy a $350 life-sized Black Panther bust as will buy a $250 Bowser puppet.

I'm very tempted by the Bowser, because it looks cool, and does something, and is really recognizable, and looks cool. Plus, it's cool. Although $270 is a lot for that.

But $350 on something that isn't particularly iconic (it's relatively low down the list of things just in the MCU), nor does it feel that well executed (compared with other large recent sets). And it's $350. Just no chance.

Also, if people are considering spending $270 on Bowser, will they bring that total up to over $600 for both? Most would probably choose one over the other.

Again, really not sure why they didn't make this an amazing $80 set to go with all the other helmets they've made.

6 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm very tempted by the Bowser, because it looks cool, and does something, and is really recognizable, and looks cool. Plus, it's cool. Although $270 is a lot for that.

But $350 on something that isn't particularly iconic (it's relatively low down the list of things just in the MCU), nor does it feel that well executed (compared with other large recent sets). And it's $350. Just no chance.

Also, if people are considering spending $270 on Bowser, will they bring that total up to over $600 for both? Most would probably choose one over the other.

Again, really not sure why they didn't make this an amazing $80 set to go with all the other helmets they've made.

Yeah, the puppet-like moving parts on the Bowser are pretty cool, and the price (though high) is better: a bit under 10c/p, instead of way over 10c/p as with the BP bust. I don't know how much the deep-pocketed fandoms of Marvel's Black Panther and Nintendo's Bowser overlap. An $80-$100 set like the other helmets, but with added hands to make the salute pose, would have been a better choice than a $350 life-sized bust: nearly the same target audience, but much more accessible.

1 minute ago, icm said:

An $80-$100 set like the other helmets, but with added hands to make the salute pose, would have been a better choice than a $350 life-sized bust: nearly the same target audience, but much more accessible.

Even envisioning that set sounds far better than the one LEGO produced. Continuity with other busts, affordability, and less superfluity regarding parts.

Wow, this is...something. Definitely not close to anything I predicted. Easy pass for me, it's way too expensive for a bust. At least it is more iconic than any BP vehicle would be, but it feels weird to do a bust at this scale when they've already established a line of Marvel busts/props throughout the past few years. Even judging it by itself, something about the mask structure seems misshapen from the source material, it looks too angular around the face.

Honestly, the thing about this that bothers me the most is it feels like another way to cash in on Boseman's death. The "tribute" nature of the build and plaque combined with the exorbitant price leave a bad taste in my mouth.

At the end of day, this set plus a $500 hulkbuster is a less weird decision than a $350 hulkbuster and a $500 dragon flyer. But it is still a strange one. As mentioned above, the same bust in the scale of the helmet would a way better (and cheaper) set.