Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This does feel a little bit more like they're charging more for what they know will sell anyway.

I feel it backfired on them massively, lots of places did not get the memo and sold it for around £190 or discounted to around £180 so I don't think many people are going to be actively willing to get it for the new RRP of £215. I've been checking Ebay and people are generally buying it new or unopened around £160.

Personally it's encouraged me to not purchase from Lego, but through resellers or alternative stores which generally reduces how many sales Lego directly makes. It's left me with the mindset that Lego are actively trying to extort the customers, especially because its not a blanket price rise but on specific things they expect to sell.

Only set I'll probably buy from them directly at this point is the Hulkbuster MKII as have about £50 to knock off the price with VIP points that would otherwise be wasted with my stance of focusing on alternate Lego suppliers.

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

I wonder if it'll affect the $500 set price

As per all the remarks, I think they have enough going against them trying to sell the set already without a price rise that everybody would know about because we've been discussing the set as the $500 set. Anything higher and people will be frustrated. It's already unlikely that people here will buy it given what's been relayed - a $500 Black Panther vehicle that may be based on Black Panther 2 that nobody will have seen that is not in scale... it's a tough sell.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

If they do end up raising the price for the $500 set it's going to be very fun to see the collective meltdown over it, considering all we know about it so far

I don't even know that there would be, since I doubt anyone but completionists are gonna get this anyway. Seriously, if the set doesn't have a really kickass figure selection, is anyone here who doesn't automatically buy every marvel set planning on buying it?

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

100% this. I wonder if it'll affect the $500 set price

I don't believe so, for two reasons. 

1: Leakers seem to know a lot about this set, and we've known about the price increases for months now. I feel like we would have heard already.

2: however bizarre the decision to make this set was, there's no WAY they're crazy enough to increase the price further.

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Personally it's encouraged me to not purchase from Lego, but through resellers or alternative stores which generally reduces how many sales Lego directly makes. It's left me with the mindset that Lego are actively trying to extort the customers, especially because its not a blanket price rise but on specific things they expect to sell.

I think I'm gonna take your strategy. (I would do everything on bricklink, but lego bought them...). They've been making some really baffling decisions about the sets they produce lately (Vidiyo, Camp Nou, Queer eye, etc are all things where I just don't understand how they thought they would succeed, and I'm sure that making the minifigure bags feel-proof boxes, the odd choice of the $500 set being a black panther vehicle, and whatnot just sets them up for more failures), but they never really impacted me until these price increases. I'm not against companies trying to make a profit, but this doesn't even seem like it'll be a profitable idea long-term, since any gains from the increases should be more than offset by alienated customers and less sets sold due to those increases. 

Sorry for the double post, but I just bought the iron man mech. I was at walmart helping one of my suitemates get some stuff for his room and it was on sale. It's much better than the last mech I got, the 2020 iron man one. Lots of newish parts in dark red, which is great, but honestly it looks pretty cool so I might not even scrap it. The iron man figure having a gold torso and legs is awesome too, I kind of want them to do a helmet in gold so I can have a full golden iron man. I also love that new trans-blue that looks sort of frosted and glittery, and his arm shield. The only minor nitpicks i have are that they have parts in the normal trans-blue as well, and that the way they attach the legs to the body makes them just slightly offset from eachother. Both super minor things though. 9/10 might get wolverine the next time I go to walmart.

Wait, so does this mean that the Hulkbuster is the 500€ set?

Or this is a third set totally unrelated to the Hulkbuster and the 500€ set?

The Helmet Collection is dead, Long live the Bust Collection!

Easy pass for me. I look forward to multiple of these coming in the next couple of years that I can pass on. If Hulkbuster is $500 set and that was rumoured to have 1 figure, thats going to have to be one hell of a hulkbuster.

So the rumored Black Panther transport sets turned out to be a bust? It looks highly detailed and cool, but I have to ask why make this set? They could have easily made scaled down version of BP mask like Venom head in 60-80$ range, not 300$ set! If they wanted to do UCS style BP set, they should have done giant Panther statue from Wakanda instead. And they didn't even bother including T'Challa minifigure in this 300$ set? Like what was Lego thinking here?!

Edited by benderisgreat

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, so does this mean that the Hulkbuster is the 500€ set?

Or this is a third set totally unrelated to the Hulkbuster and the 500€ set?

Yeah, really confused. No Hulkbuster would be a huge bummer.

I remember reading rumours here on eurobricks about the 76215 being exactly this, a Black Panther bust, am I right?

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…what

This not only has the Hulkbuster’s rumoured set number, but also its price! So the Hulkbuster must be the $500 set :laugh_hard:

And piece count too.

Edited by hachiroku

I'm actually really impressed with this set. Completely unexpected, nicely detailed, and a triumphant tribute to the great Chadwick Boseman rolled into one.

I'm also relieved it's not (yet another) Hulkbuster.

10 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

What the absolute heck.

The gloves look ok. The necklace section looks ok. But the actual head... nah.

Easy pass for me

I’m really confused now. So there’s three options here:

• The Hulkbuster is the $500 set and the “BP vehicle” doesn’t exist
  • We indeed get two huge BP D2C sets and the Hulkbuster rumour was false
  • We get all three sets, which is a ridiculous notion. 3 Marvel $300+ sets within a month or two, two of which are BP-related (or all three, since it’s supposed to be the IW Hulkbuster)?! :jollyroger:

Lego is loosing their mind. It will sell to some none lego fans it will sell to some lego fans but what a boring cash grab of a set. I was looking forward to a helmet sized black panther mask. The head on this doesn't even look that great. i do like the "scales" they did though. Anyone that owns a batmobile or the TIE helmet knows all black sets become very hard to see the details on unless you have really good lighting. Then theres the fact that this this will be a DUST magnet.

I think this and the Hogwarts express are really showing where lego is taking the idea of a "premium" product. Sell for way above expected price and market to adults who like the IP instead of adults who like Lego.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

• We get all three sets, which is a ridiculous notion. 3 Marvel $300+ sets within a month or two, two of which are BP-related (or all three, since it’s supposed to be the IW Hulkbuster)?! :jollyroger:

I'm guessing the second option is most likely, if the leakers on this forum are as accurate as they usually are.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What about the possibility that the Hulkbuster is delayed (which FF suggested on IG) and the $500 set is a wild card?

I guess I still haven't come to terms with the reality that sets with piece counts and prices this high have become so commonplace that it means nothing at this point. Having grown up in an era when LEGO sets rarely surpassed $100 (yeah I know, inflation yada yada) and then watched as they slowly tested the waters with larger sets and display pieces in the early 2000s, sets this huge still feel like they are supposed to be special, once in a while things.

But or course that isn't the case any more. It's not like this takes anything else's spot particularly because LEGO will just announce another 3000 piece set tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Sell for way above expected price and market to adults who like the IP instead of adults who like Lego.

This has already been the case for the past few years. It's market to people who like the IP, have nostalgia for LEGO, and plenty of cash. That isn't new to this specific season.

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or the Hulkbuster was pushed to 2023 as a result of the black panther stuff beinging added 

Most likely the Hulkbuster will be the $500 set and the black panther set is this set and the vehicle part was added somewhere along the info chain line 

Edited by Falconfan1414