Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"a set that hasn't been revealed along with a black panther set"

I think he's implying the one that hasn't been revealed is the $500 marvel set.

When was the $80 set revealed? 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't believe for a second that the set is a collection of multiple Black Panther vehicles. Why? Because that would essentially be multiple separate sets combined into one.

That would be like selling Tim Burton's Batmobile and Batwing as a single set, instead of two separate ones like they've done it.

Agreed, having 1 extremely oversized vehicle is a weird choice, but having several sets into one instead of making... Well, several sets is even weirder

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Agreed, having 1 extremely oversized vehicle is a weird choice, but having several sets into one instead of making... Well, several sets is even weirder

Agreed,  realistically  the $500 price is going to put a lot of people off, so if it were multiple vehicles even TLG would be smart enough to make them separate sets with smaller price tags, so it has to be one massive vehicle/set

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

When was the $80 set revealed? 

It wasn't. My point is the way he phrases this makes it sound like he's receiving multiple BP sets, and therefore, one of them could be the $500 one.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Lego's done collections before, but generally at least some of the ships are iconic (or in the case of ultimate space battle, about to be heavily featured in what was at the time thought to be the end of star wars films. So a pretty safe bet). For example, people might not have flocked to a TIE-d drone, but packaging it with the Advanced and normal TIES made it's inclusion safer. In this case... neither scenario works. Black Panther two will be a big film, I'm sure, but I don't think it'll make as much as the first one, let alone Endgame or No Way Home. And as so many people have already said, superheroes aren't as tied to vehicles as star wars is. And none of these are remotely iconic. Like, it's not a dragon flyer packaged with the Quinjet and Milano. There's nothing there.

Honestly, I have no idea what lego's thinking. Whether it's a single vehicle or a collection, this just seems like such a mind-boggling bad idea. Not just a terrible choice for the biggest superhero set, but just from a profit perspective... who is going to buy this? The only way this thing stands ANY chance, IMO, is if it comes with an MBS number of minifigs, and includes some heavy hitters. I don't see people shelling out the big bucks for a new variant of Shuri or Klaue.

At this rate, it would take a really good minifigure selection to increase the appeal of this set.  If it can include characters like T'Chaka, Ramonda, Zuri, Ross, Ayo, and maybe some other characters/variants we haven't gotten, perhaps even extra printing for Black Panther, that might generate more hype.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It wasn't. My point is the way he phrases this makes it sound like he's receiving multiple BP sets, and therefore, one of them could be the $500 one.

Yeah I understand that it just seems more likely he's receiving the unrevealed $80 BP set a month before release to review than a $500 mystery D2C 2 1/2 months before its leaked release date especially when it was shipped with one of the revealed sets for 1st Oct. Not impossible your right just seems very unlikely.

Though we can debate whether the box size on screen could fit a $500 set in it if you want :laugh:

Edited by upliftingbricks

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego's done collections before, but generally at least some of the ships are iconic (or in the case of ultimate space battle, about to be heavily featured in what was at the time thought to be the end of star wars films. So a pretty safe bet). For example, people might not have flocked to a TIE-d drone, but packaging it with the Advanced and normal TIES made it's inclusion safer. In this case... neither scenario works. Black Panther two will be a big film, I'm sure, but I don't think it'll make as much as the first one, let alone Endgame or No Way Home. And as so many people have already said, superheroes aren't as tied to vehicles as star wars is. And none of these are remotely iconic. Like, it's not a dragon flyer packaged with the Quinjet and Milano. There's nothing there.

Honestly, I have no idea what lego's thinking. Whether it's a single vehicle or a collection, this just seems like such a mind-boggling bad idea. Not just a terrible choice for the biggest superhero set, but just from a profit perspective... who is going to buy this? The only way this thing stands ANY chance, IMO, is if it comes with an MBS number of minifigs, and includes some heavy hitters. I don't see people shelling out the big bucks for a new variant of Shuri or Klaue.

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

At this rate, it would take a really good minifigure selection to increase the appeal of this set.  If it can include characters like T'Chaka, Ramonda, Zuri, Ross, Ayo, and maybe some other characters/variants we haven't gotten, perhaps even extra printing for Black Panther, that might generate more hype.

You know, you two raise a good point I didn't even consider.

Can the minifigs be exciting enough to somehow make the 500€ price tag easier to take in?

Because sure, Black Panther/T'Challa is on it for sure. Let's say we also get Okoye, Zuri, Ramonda and Killmonger. 

Who else do they have? Famous Venom 2 director and Martin Freeman?

I've kinda been MIA from lego discussion for a while now so maybe I've missed something that rules out this possibility since the only catching up I've really done is the last like 4 pages of this thread but is the $500 set possibly a non-minifig scale diorama or something? It's only been said to "include" a BP vehicle and afaik it's also been said that it's not another minifig scale building (bummer) is it possible that it's just a ridiculously big architecture-esque model of Wakanda or something? Someone else here mentioned a leaker saying it's a "celebration of the theme" so could it be something similar to that but for various elements of the entire MCU? Again this could all be debunked by the facts already but I've been out of the loop for way too long.

Side note, I finally picked up the Sanctum as the centerpiece of my Midnight Sons display but I really want to swap out Strange's face to have facial hair closer to his iconic comic looks (preferably just a moustache but I wouldn't mind the soul patch/moustache too) rather than the MCU one to fit with the rest of that display being comic based. Anyone got any good suggestions for what head might work?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

You know, you two raise a good point I didn't even consider.

Can the minifigs be exciting enough to somehow make the 500€ price tag easier to take in?

Because sure, Black Panther/T'Challa is on it for sure. Let's say we also get Okoye, Zuri, Ramonda and Killmonger. 

Who else do they have? Famous Venom 2 director and Martin Freeman?

I think the answer has to be no, right? Like, if WF wasn't coming out around the same time, they could at least boast exclusive figs for somewhat desirable characters like M'Baku. But because of that, the only character I've seen ANY requests for that we haven't seen yet is Ramonda (And of course, Everett Ross, as any true Rosshead knows).  But I don't think Ramonda alone is a strong enough choice to stop an otherwise bad $50 set from being sentenced to the clearance bins, much less a $500 one. There's just no one in the black panther mythos that's that desirable, much less enough to justify a $500 set, especially when almost everyone is appearing in other sets within a month of this one.

Like, a quinjet provides (finally) updates to the 2012 avengers cast. An X-mansion... I mean, wolverine is literally the only currently available x-man, and we still are missing VERY important characters like Professor X, Beast, Iceman, a non-comic con exclusive Jean Gray, Rogue, Gambit, etc. Even characters like Storm and Magneto are pretty expensive secondhand. The Avengers mansion could easily be a vehicle for classic comic versions of the entire marvel universe. An Endgame battle could provide highly desirable characters like Ronin, or just other variants missing like White suit Valkeryie, instant kill iron spider, final battle war machine (and rocket? I forget if we got him), plus of course potential for hyper-detailed versions of Thanos and the Big Three.  Any black panther set provides.... Ramonda and Ross. I mean, if it's infinity war or endgame based, there's POTENTIAL, but I doubt they'd make a BP focused set with a minifig selection based on an avengers film.

21 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

I really want to swap out Strange's face to have facial hair closer to his iconic comic looks (preferably just a moustache but I wouldn't mind the soul patch/moustache too) rather than the MCU one to fit with the rest of that display being comic based. Anyone got any good suggestions for what head might work?

strange_vol_1_5_textless.jpg3626bpb0422.jpg?13626cpb2301.jpg

• Nizam, Prince Of Persia theme
  • Hanzo Shimada, Overwatch theme

As far as I can tell these are the only two official figures with the mustache/beard combo being a similar design.

Not really new news but wanted to drop

some thoughts on 76193. First of all I love the exterior and the space for figs inside.  That said, the Pod is canonically attached to the Benatar and there was an entire scene dedicated to Rocket and Thor leaving in said pod to forge the weapon Thor would eventually use in end game. So for this large version of the Benatar to not include said pod is quite disappointing. It was it’s own set back in the Infinity War wave and given it’s a huge part of the movie, I wish it had been included. Mantis  also needs either leg/hip printing or a cloth piece for the tussles of green fabric that go down her legs. Thor also has a TERRIBLE face print and inaccurate hair piece. They wouldn’t even have to trademark it for Marvel it could be so reusable. First of all his half up half down hairdo in endgame would have looked GORGEOUS on a viking fig (male or female it’s such a gorgeous hairdo) and they have some Viking content coming up in Ideas. Heck even a city figure would look beautiful with a half up half down it could be so reusable and profitable for them. But this Aquaman hair is clearly wrong. There’s so much to nitpick with this set.

and then you factor in how inaccurate the Shuri was in 76186. I said it before and I’ll say it again, she should have had leg printing for the detailing on her pants, and a green cloth piece for that gorgeous (olive?) toned skirt she sported for this look. Also this hair do was a bun up top with a braid down the back so either printing of the braid or a new hair piece would have done. It felt like such a let down that she missed so much of the detailing given this was actually a very colorful look and the fig came out mostly dark blue and it felt like a waste. Especially given the budget for this went to the Eternals figures and honestly who cares about them lol

yeah I may not buy too much MCU content but sets like this are not the way to win me over lol. Who’d have thought the Infinity War wave would still look this good all these years later?

Edit: before anyone tells me yes I am aware of the Qui Gon Jin hair piece. But honestly? It’s mid and a specialized mold for the hairdo Thor had in Infinity War is justified both by it’s reusability and with how freaking huge this license is. The Infinity Saga sets felt like a huge miss minus the Iron Man 1 set.

Edited by cosmic

the live video going up with @Brick Clicker and @TandNbricks later today...do you gusy think they will will reveal more about the 2023 leaks and rumours? Or will they just talk about what has already been revealed?

Edited by BusterNut31

59 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

the live video going up with @Brick Clicker and @TandNbricks later today...do you gusy think they will will reveal more about the 2023 leaks and rumours? Or will they just talk about what has already been revealed?

They did a poll to choose the topic so I’m guessing it’s just to breakdown what’s already been revealed. 

19 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

We already have the Marvel 2023 list... 

OH YEAH IT"S MORBIN TIME BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but yeah we already have the 2023 list. Better descriptions would be nice, though.

56 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

We already have the Marvel 2023 list... 

That's right, we have a list, but I hope Promobricks can provide some details like Star Wars and Harry Potter

In all honestly it gets more and more believable Lego would make a set on something with so little screentime.  The Black Panther Jet got a set and its got like 2 seconds screentime and no actual external shots outside of concept art. 

If anything the MT Bashenga would have been rad. Do it like Jangs mountain base (obviously smaller)  Where the front half is mountain and back half open.
Could have had some great builds like Shuris Lab with the staircase that was a dril and the Statue outside where Killmonger died. They could have even had a bit of rollercoaster track in there for the vibranium carts.
wakanda.jpg?timestamp=1519936881

56 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

In all honestly it gets more and more believable Lego would make a set on something with so little screentime.  The Black Panther Jet got a set and its got like 2 seconds screentime and no actual external shots outside of concept art. 

That's different. Lego has a pattern of making sets off concept art (Because it's not like they have the finished CGI models by the time they start making the sets...), so it's not like they knew it wouldn't actually show up with an exterior view. In addition, that was part of a $30 set. Other concept art snubs like the first order scout walker from 2017 were... $50, maybe? Anyway, the point is, they're system sets, and generally not super expensive. I can't think of a single time a D2C/UCS set was made off a movie releasing as close to the set as WF is assumably to this D2C. The Sanctum was half based off infinity war. The Razor Crest took almost 3 years to get made.

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's different. Lego has a pattern of making sets off concept art (Because it's not like they have the finished CGI models by the time they start making the sets...), so it's not like they knew it wouldn't actually show up with an exterior view. In addition, that was part of a $30 set. Other concept art snubs like the first order scout walker from 2017 were... $50, maybe? Anyway, the point is, they're system sets, and generally not super expensive. I can't think of a single time a D2C/UCS set was made off a movie releasing as close to the set as WF is assumably to this D2C. The Sanctum was half based off infinity war. The Razor Crest took almost 3 years to get made.

Oh my point is its that example but tenfold. Its that has had far more screentime and thus its vastly more expensive.

Im guessing the Royal Talon fighter has had most screentime out of all Black panther vehicles and it had more in What If. They could have the portculus door and its pretty massive interior. it seats like 10. Still pushing a Falcon price is a lot for such a vehicle.

3 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

If anything the MT Bashenga would have been rad. Do it like Jangs mountain base (obviously smaller)  Where the front half is mountain and back half open.
Could have had some great builds like Shuris Lab with the staircase that was a dril and the Statue outside where Killmonger died. They could have even had a bit of rollercoaster track in there for the vibranium carts.
wakanda.jpg?timestamp=1519936881

This is an idea i can get behind. I would purchase that.

On 8/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, Legocentrico said:

I'm waiting for Promobricks for Marvel 2023 😋

I’m waiting for the next comic based set we get. I’m not complaining too hard as I’m still catching up on retired sets I missed out on and that’s so expensive so kind of convenient I’m not interested in the current MCU products being released. That said, I am hoping we get at least 1 thing next year given this year has been dry unless you consider the mechs or the Bugle a comic set. Was the Bugle this year? 

but it’d be nice to see a comic based set. Last wave was what, the 2020 Enix/comic Avengers wave? I know its not always technically comic based, but you know what I mean (2014 Avengers Assemble and the several Ultimate Spiderman cartoon waves being regarded as comic based). I know I keep clamoring for comic Guardians, but honestly, we still need classic or even modern versions of Scarlet Witch, Antman, the Wasp, and Vision in comic form. I also desperately want a Squirrel Girl figure and I guess we don’t have too many villains either. It’d be nice to see Baron Zemo, Kang or Ultron in comic form. The mold for Ultron exists they’d just need to make him bluish for his classic depiction. What are the odds that a potential Marvel series 2 would be comic based? I reckon they have so much MCU content coming up it’d be MCU based again. Again happy I’m saving money but maybe throw us a bone at least once.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

What are the odds that a potential Marvel series 2 would be comic based?

0. The MCU is much more popular and there’s going to be a lot of D+ ground to cover by the time they get to a second series.

The earliest it’ll happen is the third slot of 2023 and by then they’ll need to cover Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, What If s2, and probably Echo and Loki s2.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

I’m waiting for the next comic based set we get. I’m not complaining too hard as I’m still catching up on retired sets I missed out on and that’s so expensive so kind of convenient I’m not interested in the current MCU products being released. That said, I am hoping we get at least 1 thing next year given this year has been dry unless you consider the mechs or the Bugle a comic set. Was the Bugle this year? 

but it’d be nice to see a comic based set. Last wave was what, the 2020 Enix/comic Avengers wave? I know its not always technically comic based, but you know what I mean (2014 Avengers Assemble and the several Ultimate Spiderman cartoon waves being regarded as comic based). I know I keep clamoring for comic Guardians, but honestly, we still need classic or even modern versions of Scarlet Witch, Antman, the Wasp, and Vision in comic form. I also desperately want a Squirrel Girl figure and I guess we don’t have too many villains either. It’d be nice to see Baron Zemo, Kang or Ultron in comic form. The mold for Ultron exists they’d just need to make him bluish for his classic depiction. What are the odds that a potential Marvel series 2 would be comic based? I reckon they have so much MCU content coming up it’d be MCU based again. Again happy I’m saving money but maybe throw us a bone at least once.

Bulge is a comic set but was not this year. I'd consider the wolverine mech a comic set but not the other 2.