Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Couldn't care less surely? :tongue:

The thing is that with marvel the vehicles aren't ever really the focus. I mean excluding batman it applies to most superheroes really, especially if you consider the Hulkbuster to just be a big ironman suit and not its own vehicle, I mean the 2 guardians spaceships too. Shield has its vehicles but only quinjet and the helicarrier are anything important and even then I wouldn't call the quinjet an iconic look.

Was the talon fighter ever driven by T'challa? Was it ever the focus of a major action scene? Ever named on screen? Ever mentioned properly? 

i agree with this 100%

very few Marvel vehicles are "iconic" 

Ghost rider Bike

Xmen blackbiird

and uhh......

Edited by Mattallica

8 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

the royal talon fighter is pretty big, so it would have to be enormous to not scale to minifigs

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Royal_Talon_Fighter?file=BP_%28Shuri_%26amp%3B_A_Bugatti_Spaceship%29.png

1000?cb=20180813201242

Considering the 500€$ price, I think it's safe it would be in the same scale as the Burton Batmobile and the Tumble (which surprisingly, they are pretty much in the same scale too, the Tumbler is so small but everybody think it's bigger).

56 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

so lego is hyper fixated on Black Panther this year for some reason....we are getting 4 regular sets based on Black Panther (5 if you count the small mech that came out earlier this year) and a whole d2c. Very weird indeed 

Well, there is a new movie... But yes, it doesn't make any sense. If they wanted to do a Wakandan set, they should have made the mountain instead of a vehicle that people hardly remember.

Edited by hachiroku

6 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Considering the 500€$ price, I think it's safe it would be in the same scale as the Burton Batmobile and the Tumble (which surprisingly, they are pretty much in the same scale too, the Tumbler is so small but everybody think it's bigger).

Well, there is a new movie...

but thats it, in scale with the batmobile the RTF would be like four feet long, if you mean about the same size as the batmobile then its about right for minifigs 

maybe it is some new BP vehicle from wakanda forever

Catmobile ???

Edited by Mattallica

On 8/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

jjpsleaksite‘s hints:

• He says there‘s a hint in his story
On 8/22/2022 at 9:07 AM, Scarilian said:

possible hints -snip-

• The Black Panther Dragon Flyer set is shown, mostly obscured with text yet Thanos with his Infinity Gauntlet visible
3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Apparently the $500 set is going to heavily feature a Black Panther vehicle

It's the Dragon Flyer then, mystery solved and $500 very easily saved.

7 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

but thats it, in scale with the batmobile the RTF would be like four feet long, if you mean about the same size as the batmobile then its about right for minifigs 

No, I meant the same scale as the Batmobiles but you're right. I didn't notice how big the RTF is :laugh:

Then I take it back, something like the same lenght as the 1989 Batmobile. It would not be in minifig scale tho, it would be similar to the new Hogwarts Express in scale.

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I can't imagine how they could have made a 500€$ of that ship. The Royal Talon at least is bulkier.

Edited by hachiroku

5 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

No, I meant the same scale as the Batmobiles but you're right. I didn't notice how big the RTF is :laugh:

Then I take it back, something like the same lenght as the 1989 Batmobile. It would not be in minifig scale tho, it would be similar to the new Hogwarts Express in scale.

im thinking a UCS Slave one(75060) sized RTF would look right(actual scale) with minifigs in it not "minifig scale" like 76100

Edited by Mattallica

4 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

im thinking a UCS Slave one(75060) sized RTF would look right(actual scale) with minifigs in it not "minifig scale" like 76100

But the UCS Slave I was a 180€ set, maybe 250€ in 2022. This is a 500€$ set.

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I wouldn’t say that’s confirmed. Look at brick clickers original post. There are a lot of rumors going around about what the set is including that it could be a dragon flyer. Nothing is confirmed yet 

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 minute ago, hachiroku said:

But the UCS Slave I was a 180€ set, maybe 250€ in 2022. This is a 500€$ set.

yeah the price is way out there for a BP set

IDK just guessing?

36 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

but still a Ninjago city styled Wakanda with the lab, minihangwr, waterfall arena, mines underneath, throne room ect would be a way better Black panther d2c

That would be awesome

53 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t say that’s confirmed. Look at brick clickers original post. There are a lot of rumors going around about what the set is including that it could be a dragon flyer. Nothing is confirmed yet 

I guess, but we are now at the point where it's either so obscure or undesired that Lego would have to be actively trying to disappoint people :shrug_confused:

Like this is the $500 set released in what should be the 10th anniversary of the theme and it's going to be based around a Black Panther vehicle that may not even be a vehicle people actively are aware of, people are'nt even remarking on which film it's on (Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther 2) so it could wind up being a universally hated set that barely appeared in movies.

Edited by Scarilian

10 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I guess, but we are now at the  point where it's either so obscure or undesired that Lego would have to be actively trying to disappoint people :shrug_confused:

Like this is the $500 set released in what should be the 10th anniversary of the theme and it's going to be based around a Black Panther vehicle that may not even be a vehicle people actively are aware of, people are'nt even remarking on which film it's on (Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther 2) so it could wind up being a universally hated set that barely appeared in movies.

unless its from a vehicle used in BP2 , all BP related vehicles up to this point have barely appeared in any of  the movies, so it doesnt really matter which one its from

according to the mcu wiki there are 4 BP related vehicles the RTF, the dragon flyer, the maglev train and a jeep

so if it really is a BP vehicle we are getting i hope its something new

Edited by Mattallica

Look, I really like the Wakandan vehicles but none of them are worthy of a $500 set. A Helicarrier? Absolutely. A Quinjet? Maybe. The Benatar? Nah, the lovely $170 one was just fine. Other than that the only "iconic" vehicles would be comic-based not MCU based like a huge Hellcycle or Hellcharger or a really nice X-Jet or Fantasticar, or ---just as a meme mind you--- a huge Spider-buggy.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

according to the mcu wiki there are 4 BP related vehicles the RTF, the dragon flyer, the maglev train and a jeep

There's the Lexus LC 500.

Over on the Technic side there's the Ferrari Daytona (42143) and the Lamborghini Sián (42115) and they're already $450 in the US.

Chuck in a Black Panther figure like the new Spidermans/Venom for another $20. Another $30 for licensing costs and you're at the magic $500.

On 8/22/2022 at 8:47 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

UCS super size Blank Panther Jet! Just in time for the sequel.

$500 is such a big number. If you took a SW standard UCS, $199 old $240 new. $250-$350 would be more than enough for any MCU vehicle. Whatever it is, does not need a $500 Razorcrest version!

Dang maybe I was right!  It must  contain a mountain or statue or something at that price, there is no way its just a vehicle. That being said, any BP vehicles could have been done at the $150-$250 range. When you are talking a $500 price no matter the theme it better be an amazing build and a highly desired and iconic item, because that is not a drop in the bucket for alot of people!

all BP related vehicles up to this point have barely appeared in any of  the movies, so it doesnt really matter which one its from

If we are going for prior movies the Dragon Flyer is probably the most unique and has the most screentime, you could presumably display it and pose the wings along with transforming the set from its landed to flying form and it features somewhat prominantly that you'd be able to adapt scenes from Black Panther & Endgame's final battle. If it's oversized then at least you'd have room to modify it to include some small diorama or something inside it, or at least store Black Panther figures in it.

unless its from a vehicle used in BP2

Black Panther 2 releases 11th November and this set apparently releases on 11th November according to remarks from Brick_Clicker - and Falconfan1414 referred us back to that. Perhaps them releasing the same time is a hint to its nature. I don't believe in coincidences. Perhaps it is a Black Panther 2 focused vehicle set?

The only vehicles we are aware of from that are Shuri's Sunbird and that weird submarine thing in a set with Namor's throne, however it could always be something that's not been revealed yet. Perhaps some obscure comics vehicle that's being adapted into the movie? Though basing it on the new movie and releasing on the same day would make it seems like it'll probably play into exploiting the legacy of T'Challa/Chadwick Boseman somehow.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If the biggest Marvel set will be a 500€ Dragon Flyer, then I don't know what I'm gonna do :tongue:

Could be worse... imagine if it is a Black Panther 2 vehicle - it could be Shuri's Sunbird :sick: Falconfan1414's & Promobricks instagram post on the set does feature the Sunbird as an option.

Let alone the potential for it to be based on concept art for Black Panther 2 that's not actually adapted into the movie or barely featured at all, perhaps something even worse.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Look, I really like the Wakandan vehicles but none of them are worthy of a $500 set. A Helicarrier? Absolutely. A Quinjet? Maybe. The Benatar? Nah, the lovely $170 one was just fine. Other than that the only "iconic" vehicles would be comic-based not MCU based like a huge Hellcycle or Hellcharger or a really nice X-Jet or Fantasticar, or ---just as a meme mind you--- a huge Spider-buggy.

I'm gonna give a slightly different opinion here: I don't like the wakandan vehicles, the more I think about them. They're kind of boring. Honestly, even a purple trim like on the kinetic BP suit would have been something, but as-is they're very "generic sci-fi vehicle"

In terms of $500 worthy vehicles, I think there are 5: The Quinjet, Milano, Benatar, Helicarrier, and Sanctuary 2. (even then, the sanctuary 2 is a bit of a strech, and I think it would require a small endgame diorama or at least a really solid figure selection to work. On the other hand, there are a great deal of LOCATIONS, both from the films and comics, that I think could work well. The reason for this, I think, is that superheroes generally aren't about vehicles, they're about the characters. There are iconic locations, like Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion (and avengers mansion for that matter...not avengers mountain, though), but a big part of buying a big superhero set for a lot of people is being able to display their heroes in battle. Hence sets like the ultimate bridge battle. 

12 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

There's the Lexus LC 500.

Yup, that's it. You found the set.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Could be worse... imagine if it is a Black Panther 2 vehicle - it could be Shuri's Sunbird :sick:

That‘d be the first time in TLG history that a new film that isn‘t part of the LEGO Movie franchise is getting a D2C right at release. That’d already be a risky move for any normal D2C set, let alone a $500 one :grin:

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘d be the first time in TLG history that a new film that isn‘t part of the LEGO Movie franchise is getting a D2C right at release. That’d already be a risky move for any normal D2C set, let alone a $500 one :grin:

Maybe marvel really really really wants to promote the new film 

At $500, I bet it’s a great big model of the locomotive, power car, and one ore car from the mining railway, plus a stretch of maglev track and a segment of the ore loading station. Plus twenty minifigs including three versions of T’Challa, two versions of Shuri, and two unnamed mine workers :)

I know the leakers have been saying for a while that it's going to disappoint people, but this $500 set has to be one of the most bizarre releases Lego has ever done, assuming everything we've heard about it is correct.