Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

51 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

My money is on a double XL mech for miles vs Minifigure Morbius.

A vampire mech sounds very fun! Better than another oversized car truck, anyway :head_back:

Honestly if they're going to keep doing mechs then each mech will have to have unique gimmicks and giant bat wings would definitely help a Morbius mech stand out from the crowd - gimme a morbillion more mechs if they're fantastical ones

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It has not been confirmed to be a mech vs mech set yet 

ooooo, that's interesting. if it is something more(bius) than a mech V mech set, I'll be extra hyped. But I'm not gonna kid myself, it could be morbius, a re-used miles, and 70 2x4 bricks and I'd still buy it.

I wish that the marvel designers would take some inspiration from the Star Wars team and do some iconic scene sets as dioramas, like the iconic Avengers shot from the first movie. 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It definately won't happen, but imagine a set with post-GR Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider dan ketch. Would be amazing.

The fact that it's probably a bike for the mech does cool my jets a bit. I thought it would be a mech, and then also a figure scaled bike, with a side build or something to get to that $35 price tag, but you're right that it'll probably be a mech and a mech-fitting bike with just one figure. That's not really something I'd be as likely to buy.

I definitely think it's possible we might get a regular motorcycle for Ghost Rider just with some flames slapped on it(which would honestly still be great, imagine if we got a brand new motorcycle cowl piece based on Danny's bike!). Maybe it could connect to the mech's bike while Ghost Rider is in the mech. Especially since we're probably only getting one minifig with the set it would be nice to at least get a basic motorcycle to go with the figure but we shall see.

7 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

The movie Indy sets are Summer 2023 launches so I think it'll be a good while till we do sadly

I assume you mean the Indy 5 sets? I certainly hope the 4 classic sets get released in 1HY, otherwise this might be the longest distance between description leaks and actual images in TLG history *huh*

4 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

What would be awesome is the opposite of the D2C- a mini-Hulkbuster thats scaled to the size of the Hulk/Cull Obsidian bigfigs

Would be cool, but this is a $50 set, so I assume a vast majority of the parts is used for the Hulkbuster itself, rather than a sidebuild (maybe that Wakandan troop transport thingy?)

Hulkbuster is the Marvel Landspeeder, I believe it is a priority for Lego to always have a model on the shelves.  From 76031 to 76104 there was a great improvement, the new one could be even better.  I don't expect Cull Obsidian though, Lego is stingy with big figures… as for mechs, I think we'll have 3 as usual.  I think and hope that Morbius is a classic set, as is Ghost Rider: the "mech" of the description could be an enemy robot, or the set could be similar to the 76150, where the Venom mech is not annoying.  The bike for the minifigure was huge, a bike for the mech would be as big as the helicarrier lol.  I don't love 4+ sets and I don't love the design of the series, but at least they blend into a great wave, and they're not as bulky as last January.  By the way, did they all come out in January?

This is the kind of wave I have missed this year.  very excited

41 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

as for mechs, I think we'll have 3 as usual.

I mean, we also have the smaller mechs and also the slighly bigger ones (like the ones from Spiderman vs Green Goblin and Spiderman vs Doc Ock)

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, we also have the smaller mechs and also the slighly bigger ones (like the ones from Spiderman vs Green Goblin and Spiderman vs Doc Ock)

True, I didn't think about it… but aren't they released separately?  I was wondering if they are all released in January or will be spread in the first half of the year 🤔

6 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Marvel sets along the lines of the Death Star Trash Compactor set would be great to see.

I think something like that would sell.  Throw in a different head print or torso or even *gasp* a new different MF character... 

I find it funny that the Morbius set seems like it'll be a mech set. It's 2 memes rolled into 1!

But it is interesting that Lego seems to be doubling down on the mechs next year, so I guess they've been pretty succesful. I'm not super happy with the $5 increase, but hopefully, since 2 of the 3 characters are usually big figs, the mechs actually have more mass to them than usual. In that sense, Rocket is the odd one out, but if the mech is Groot, like some of you guys mentioned, then that would work out. The Ghost rider set also seems cool to me, since the title implies it's a bike for the mech (finally a bike that isn't oversized for the rider!) which really opens the door for more interesting mech sets in the future, rather than just more mechs and 2 packs.

15 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd probably expect something akin to that recent Avatar set. Hulkbuster probably a similar scale/build to the AMP suit. Replace the brick-built creature with a big fig Cull Obsidian. Figures would be Bruce Banner and at least one Outrider. Some forest in the background to provide the sense of setting.

VuoxtdNQWUXNdyjGgpqxq8.jpg

This would be a perfect scenario for that set! Otherwise, a $50 hulkbuster doesn't interest me much. The $100 quinjet is in a similar situation for me, I still have the 2019 one built, and I'm not sure how this one could be much better, so I'll probably pass.

The only other set I'm interested in is the hypothetical antman 3 set, mostly to get MODOK in a cheaper set as well as (hopefully) kang. Not a bad wave overall, but I'm honestly most excited for the mechs this time around.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I assume you mean the Indy 5 sets? I certainly hope the 4 classic sets get released in 1HY, otherwise this might be the longest distance between description leaks and actual images in TLG history *huh*

Yeah Indy 5 sets are for the summer sorry, the remakes from older themes should around the middle of 1HY!

17 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah Indy 5 sets are for the summer sorry, the remakes from older themes should around the middle of 1HY!

Thanks for clarifying! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

The $100 quinjet is in a similar situation for me, I still have the 2019 one built, and I'm not sure how this one could be much better, so I'll probably pass.

Yeah, no idea what to expect there. I love the idea behind the Infinity Saga sets, but I wish they focussed on more important gaps! Give us the missing Thor side characters, Kaecilius, etc. :tongue:

44 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Dang, was hoping the Indy sets from the original movies would be January 1st releases.

9 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

Dang, was hoping the Indy sets from the original movies would be January 1st releases.

Same! But considering what else gets released in January (Avatar 2, Marvel, Star Wars, Minecraft, Super Mario, Technic, City, Friends, Ninjago, and more), this isn‘t that surprising :shrug_oh_well:

I assume March or April then.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Also, maybe IW Thanos will be in the Hulkbuster set

Good point, the IW hulkbuster and Thanos do share a few scenes together. That would honestly be the only thing that would convince me to get the set.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

2 hours ago, hvader said:

New Ultron in Quinjet set pls

Also, maybe IW Thanos will be in the Hulkbuster set

The Ultron wave was perfect, we also had the Cap updated last year.  Only that Hulkbuster would need an upgrade.  I think a 2012 Quinjet remake would be the most useful, as all minifigures need updating.  Unless it happens in the € 500 🙄.  If it were a winter soldier set even better, because we need a stealth suit, but I don't even hope for it ... I wonder if Promobricks will be able to provide some descriptions such as SW and HP

Groot as Rockets mech would be amazing. Would also love to see an Ultron mech in the future.

6 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Huh, you were right then @BrickBob Studpants.

Damn, I was hoping we'd get them sooner. Still extremely excited tho.

I suppose it's March for OG sets, and June for Indy 5 ones.

2 hours ago, Thwip said:

Groot as Rockets mech would be amazing. Would also love to see an Ultron mech in the future.

I just want Infinity Ultron

These mechs are interesting, because all three of them two of them really have the potential to be something different.

As I type this I realize the Thanos mech is almost 100% just the Endgame Thanos minifigure in a mech based off his endgame armor with the helicopter sword. I suppose it's our first mech with a sword from marvel?

But the Rocket and Hulk ones are much more interesting to me. The $15 price tag (hopefully meaning they're bigger and not just that they're being inflated) gives me a bit of hope that we might see something unique. I think there's a good shot of the Rocket mech being Groot, with a little Rocket pod on his shoulder (I forget who, but someone did an excellent version of this with Rocket and War Machine. And for the Hulk mech, it could be cool if it was a brick-built hulk (who is pretty damn large in the comics sometimes) with a banner fully hidden inside it.

But who am I kidding, it'll just be that endgame thanos with a generic rocket mech, and the hulk mech with be a Bruce Banner (same from battle of Wakanda) in a generic green and purple mech with large hands.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, Scarilian said:

Not too sure why we are getting a smaller scale Hulkbuster MKII barely three months after the D2C version, would make more sense if it was the Hulkbuster MKI vs Hulk from AoU, but if it comes with some new dark red pieces then may consider it.

I think it’s a little odd too but maybe it’s kinda like how Lego released two versions of the Batman Tumbler at different scales last fall.

No goddamn way Lego is making a Morbius figure! That’s hilarious and I’m sure that set’s going to sell super well because of the memes. I know I’m hyped.

The Ghost Rider and Quinjet sets are coming at a perfect time for me. I’ve been wanting a Ghost Rider minifigure/vehicle ever since I watched the GR episodes of Agents of SHIELD somewhat recently. I was tempted to get one of the retired sets (preferrably the Robbie Reyes version as that’s the one from the show), but I’ll probably just get this. The inclusion of a mech makes me roll my eyes but hopefully the set will display well with my Bugle! As for the Quinjet, I was tempted to get the 2012 version from an antique store recently as I don’t own one (and also need that Iron Man Mark 7 suit) but I’ll get this instead. I hope it’s a Winter Soldier set like someone mentioned earlier. Getting new Cap, Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier figures would be great. 

The mechs have nothing compelling for me and I’ll probably just Bricklink any new or interesting figures from the Hulkbuster. I just bought the previous IW version off Bricklink over a year ago.

The GOTG sets are interesting to me. I regret not getting any of the sets from the previous films, as I wasn’t collecting Marvel at the time, so I’ll probably get all three as long as they continue that same level of quality. Also, I’m sure we’ll get at least one Ant Man set which I’ll probably buy.

37 minutes ago, The Stud said:

The Ghost Rider and Quinjet sets are coming at a perfect time for me. I’ve been wanting a Ghost Rider minifigure/vehicle ever since I watched the GR episodes of Agents of SHIELD somewhat recently. I was tempted to get one of the retired sets (preferrably the Robbie Reyes version as that’s the one from the show), but I’ll probably just get this. The inclusion of a mech makes me roll my eyes but hopefully the set will display well with my Bugle!

If you're hooked on the Robbie Reyes version, I'd also recommend picking up the Fast and Furious 1970 Dodge Charger set that just came out in the Speed Champions theme. I know the set that Robbie comes in also has his Hell Charger, but compared to the Speed Champions one, it honestly looks like a 4+ set. All you need to do is modify the front grille area (since the 1969 Charger that Robbie drives is slightly different from the 1970 Charger) and you're all set.