Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m stumped. Every guess I have contradicts something on that list. I thought maybe buildable props for each avengers, or a big marvel logo. But vehicle really gets in the way of guessed. What is there other than a quinjet or the milano to be so iconic. And they don’t really celebrate the franchise do they? And a Sanctuary II or Q ship also doesn’t. Maybe it’s just a model of Kevin Feige in a golf caddy full of merch

4 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Any $300-400 set can be easily price gouged to $500 off the Marvel license alone, throw in a few gimmicks like light bricks and then you have even more "justification" for the crazy price.

Take a look at the $500 UCS Hogwarts Express, you're honestly not getting that much for what you're mainly paying for which is the train, a big chunk of the parts budget goes into something superfluous like the tracks. Another example is the UCS AT AT, after the price hikes it costs close to $1k, so you can kinda extrapolate that the $500 Marvel may be roughly half the size of the UCS AT AT which will have similar licensing markups. 

The AT-AT is mostly a Technic set. Like seriously, you can remove all the grey plates attached and perfectly a 70% of the set is Technic. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that makes the set more expensive to produce.

What about comparing it to 2x Sanctum? But if it's a vehicle, maybe the safest thing is to assume that it will have a big amount of Technic too. Still, a set half the size is a really really big one. I can't see how an UCS Spider-Mobile or anything like that could be so big.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

in what universe

All of them

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We have had a lot of $500 or more vehicles in the past from other themes (AT-AT, star destroyer, Falcons, etc). While it would be moronic for lego to make it, say, a $500 goblin glider or spider-buggy, a sanctuary 2 isn't out of the question by any means.

Yeah, but except a Sanctuary 2 (and a Milano and a Benatar), there is nothing. Not a single vehicle would make sense, even in a bigger scale, to be released as a 500€ set. I even doubt people would like a 500€ Helicarrier at this moment.

But these ships doesn't fit with the rumours anyway. I can't see how a big UCS set of any of these ships would be controversial or disliked by the community. Also, some of them, as a 500€, would be minifig scale (the Milano and the Benatar again).

8 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Yeah, but except a Sanctuary 2 (and a Milano and a Benatar), there is nothing. Not a single vehicle would make sense, even in a bigger scale, to be released as a 500€ set. I even doubt people would like a 500€ Helicarrier at this moment.

But these ships doesn't fit with the rumours anyway. I can't see how a big UCS set of any of these ships would be controversial or disliked by the community. Also, some of them, as a 500€, would be minifig scale (the Milano and the Benatar again).

Got to agree with this. Its around double the 1989 Batmobile in price (give or take a bit for inflation). Were talking 5000+ pieces on a set for that price. Thats a big or very over detailed vehicle. My worst nightmare with this is that it contains loads of great minifigures I want with a build I dont care about

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

With Camp Nou and Queer Eye on the brink of being retired they needed something new to warm shelves for the next year :oh:

Come on, it can‘t be that bad!

…right? :tongue:

Anyway, the recent hints have confused me more than anything. How can it be a vehicle celebrating the franchise if all the candidates that come to mind have already been ruled out? :wacko:

Sanctuary 2 with a Leviathan and a small army would be amazing with a few missing Endgame Figs. Put a nice little technic assembly inside so the turrets can all rotate together and pivot up etc.

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

The AT-AT is mostly a Technic set. Like seriously, you can remove all the grey plates attached and perfectly a 70% of the set is Technic. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that makes the set more expensive to produce.

Yeah, so a technic-interior sanctuary ll (I'm not sure if you knew this already, but it's not just the AT-AT. Many giant sets have technic skeletons, especially those SW vehicles) seems fairly likely to me, aside from the controversial part, as it seems like a pretty good choice.

I’ve got it everyone, it’s just a giant Audi, in celebration of them being in pretty much every MCU movie since iron man

Edited by Whovastron

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I’ve got it everyone, it’s just a giant Audi, in celebration of them being in pretty much every MCU movie since iron man

It’s the Stark F1 car

I had thought about red skull’s car as well, but it simply isn’t a realistic set at 500$.

I think the only vehicle options are the Milano, Sanctuary 2, and the Leviathan (maybe X-Jet if we’re going comics?)

Edited by hvader

22 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think the only vehicle options are the Milano, Sanctuary 2, and the Leviathan (maybe X-Jet if we’re going comics?)

Calling a Leviathan a vehicle is a bit of a stretch though :tongue: I‘d love to get a proper one, but that could easily be realised as a much smaller model.

X-Men sets have already been ruled out

My money's on the sanctuary 2, though I'm not sure how controversial that would be.

I'd love a $500 leviathon. I don't think I'd be able to afford it, but that'd be incredible, and IIRC at least around minifig scale (which would rule it out, but :shrug_confused:

Honestly I haven't seen any suggestions that fit every bit of criteria, which makes me think at least one of the hints given was false. 

Does the Quantum Tunnel from Endgame count as a vehicle? Could have little dioramas of each time and place they traveled to to get the stones. It would have all the og Avengers and all the Infinity Stones and a glimpse of a bunch of past movies which would act as a celebration of the franchise

A vehicle is a machine that moves to transport people and cargo so not an animal or time corridor ( if it moved in time with them sure but it was more like a catapult that launched them out across time), every logical assumption has been deconfirmed but are all the leaks involved trustworthy? Maybe one of them deconfirmed the actual thing.

My best vehicle guess is a endgame final battle diorama that is dominated by a sanctuary 2 but honestly that still makes no sense for 500.

Before the vehicle clue I was gonna guess a tesseract with scenes hidden inside it ala the Mario question block.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

My best vehicle guess is a endgame final battle diorama that is dominated by a sanctuary 2 but honestly that still makes no sense for 500.

See, I think this would make sense for $500 (The sanctuary 2 is pretty big after all, and we've had more expensive capital ships), but the issue is I can't see how it'd be controversial. A massive diorama/enemy capital ship from the climax of the entire infinity saga sounds... pretty fitting. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

every logical assumption has been deconfirmed but are all the leaks involved trustworthy? Maybe one of them deconfirmed the actual thing.

100% this. Someone's either been mistaken, been fed false info, or is trolling us.

On 8/23/2022 at 12:33 AM, MasterofElements said:

Yes, that's correct. So in total (some taken from BrickBob):

• The set is neither minifig nor microscaled
  • It’s not an AT, nor a quinjet
  • It isn‘t Icons collection 2.0
  • it is a vehicle and not a location 

Most likely options IMO:

Something Tony Stark related, like a car of his or something. Maybe something like "Tony's Garage" with a hot rod, some busts, and an arc reactor (but this is kind of icons)

The Leviathan, though thats not "vehicle"

A huge Sanctuary II. 

UCS Benatar 

Statesman from Thor Ragnarok

On 8/23/2022 at 1:27 AM, TandNbricks said:

😂 I love these theories but no

Correct me if Im wrong but TandNbricks were first to confirm the Sanctum after many rumours so has leak creds and thy said No to the above including Sanctuary II and Leviathan

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

See, I think this would make sense for $500 (The sanctuary 2 is pretty big after all, and we've had more expensive capital ships), but the issue is I can't see how it'd be controversial. A massive diorama/enemy capital ship from the climax of the entire infinity saga sounds... pretty fitting. 

100% this. Someone's either been mistaken, been fed false info, or is trolling us.

Minifig compatible for 500 makes a little bit of sense ( but it's still a grey field with non-iconic spaceship) maybe even mircofig scaled for 350 but it's supposedly not minifig or mircofig scaled.

Could it be a giant scales Ironman suit ( I wouldn't personally call it a vehicle but I guess they could have) or has that also been deconfirmed?

38 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Correct me if Im wrong but TandNbricks were first to confirm the Sanctum after many rumours so has leak creds and thy said No to the above including Sanctuary II and Leviathan

Telling us what it isn't is a very slow way of doing this...

Maybe something along the lines of the new UCS Hogwarts express, A giant train but not really a train, more of a diorama prop.

1 minute ago, HatBricks said:

Brickclicker uploaded a video with info on the 2023 marvel sets

Seems like 2023 is Morbin' Time.....

It sure is Morbin time :grin:

Sounds like one of the best set lineups in a while for me