Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

VagueLeakz101

”LEGO Marvel community, now might be a really good time for you to get angry 

Lego Community 

“That’s my secret VagueLeakz101, I’m always angry”

Banners Battle of New York UCS Bike set confirmed 

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, nobody has outright confirmed it to be a vehicle, have they? :tongue: I‘d prefer a Thanos statue over a vehicle with 4 femtoseconds of screentime any day

Didn't we hear that it was a vehicle from jjpsleakssite? Scarilion posted a list of what we know on the last page.

1 hour ago, CodFather1 said:

Didn't we hear that it was a vehicle from jjpsleakssite? Scarilion posted a list of what we know on the last page.

I know, but isn‘t that just based on the statement that the idea of a Quinjet was „on the right track“? There‘s other ways to interpret that

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because we know it's not the Quinjet, Helicarrier, Milano, and Benatar, and those are the only iconic Marvel vehicles honestly.

Unless it's a... 500€ THANOS-COPTER.

I don’t think we have any evidence it’s not the Milano or Benatar, right?

4 hours ago, hachiroku said:

If it comes with minifigures, it could be a Leviathan over a diorama of the bridge scene with the six og Avengers, but I don't see how that could not be received well. Neither a Milano or a Sanctuary II (weird choice for a 500€ set, but still, it's an iconic ship in the MCU).

I don’t know, personally speaking, I kind of doubt I’d be interested in that for $500, although I could definitely be an outlier here.

Really though, if I had to bet money on anything as of this point, I would probably put it on the Sanctuary 2–it’s really the only thing that fits all the bills.

Edited by Brickroll

18 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Yeah I saw that. I'm still hoping to get it for £50. Not sure how realistic that is. I'll probably end up getting it full price in a panic just before it retires

Well as angry as I would be if I saw it go for sale for £50 after buying it, at the moment £60 is a good bargain, and one that might not be around for long, and might not be at that price again for a while, so I figured I might as well get it over with

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because we know it's not the Quinjet, Helicarrier, Milano, and Benatar, and those are the only iconic Marvel vehicles honestly.

Unless it's a... 500€ THANOS-COPTER.

They say it ain't minifigure scale, do big figs count?? Because if I can't sit Thanos in my Thanoscopter, I don't want it

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know, but isn‘t that just based on the statement that the idea of a Quinjet was „on the right track“? There‘s other ways to interpret that

jjpsleaks was dmed on Instagram about it being a location set to which they said "its a vehicle, not a location"

Edited by MasterofElements

48 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

jjpsleaks was dmed on Instagram about it being a location set to which they said "its a vehicle, not a location"

Oh. Well, a vehicle it is then :shrug_oh_well: 

Unlike DC, iconic vehicles aren‘t exactly Marvel‘s strongsuit. Can‘t think of anything iconic enough to deserve a $200 D2C set, let alone a $500 one.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

jj[psleaks also said they thought the set would sell better as a DC set as opposed to a marvel set. Now I'm wondering if it's a UCS Spider-Mobile or something. I don't think we've heard anything that says it has to be movie based...

Yeah $500 is the bigger problem for me. I have only spent that or more twice. Once for the falcon and the SD, both because I love the ships and they literally were part of my childhood. Other big sets for me and the family, Disney Castle, Disney Train, Diagon Ally, themes the entire family enjoy and all in the low $300's, same for the Bugle. Loved the AT-AT but had to skip for price, probably same for the Razorcrest (plus I already converted to Jerac's MOC)

At $500 this would have to be glorious!  The only thing I was worried about was Avengers tower, because I am enjoying the modulars with the Bugle and Sanctum. After that was debunked I can relax, but when you drop $500 that set has to be  iconic and amazing no matter the theme.

These clues seem to say the otherwise, or else it's all BS.

16 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Now I'm wondering if it's a UCS Spider-Mobile or something.

I‘d quit being a sort-of-completionist on the spot if that was the case. No chance in hell I‘d dish out $500 for something that has no business being anything but a 4+ set :laugh_hard: (And I know there was the buggy in the Bugle, but that was just a sidebuild)

Also, I know I shouldn‘t judge the set yet, but they‘ve already failed I feel. A $500 set needs to be something so iconic that most people on the street would be able to recognise it on the spot. Marvel just doesn‘t have that with their vehicles :look:

Unless there‘s something I‘m overlooking here

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

These are my 3 random guesses:

UCS Bifrost - technically a vehicle >.>

Bifrost1.jpg?width=2240

13 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

UCS Goblin Glider

Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-Glider-Unused-Con

20 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Possibly a UCS Q-Ship? But in all honesty, pretty sure the leakers are just clickbaiting like crazy right now and overall spreading as much misinformation as possible. 

I think some of you are not properly considering how massive a 500€$ set is. I think it's impossible that the set is just a regular vehicle (Spider-Mobile or any spaceship).

By the way, something that fits in the description and that I think I haven't seen posted here, what about an Iron Man statue? It definetely counts as a vehicle I and consdering how popular the Iron Man Hot Toys figures are, it would make sense to release something like that, like a 1/4 scale statue.

Add to that an exclusive Tony Stark/Iron Man and a ARC reactor base.

EDIT: Nevermind, there are a lot of comments about the statue lol

Edited by hachiroku

3 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I think some of you are not properly considering how massive a 500€$ set is. I think it's impossible that the set is just a regular vehicle (Spider-Mobile or any spaceship).

Any $300-400 set can be easily price gouged to $500 off the Marvel license alone, throw in a few gimmicks like light bricks and then you have even more "justification" for the crazy price.

Take a look at the $500 UCS Hogwarts Express, you're honestly not getting that much for what you're mainly paying for which is the train, a big chunk of the parts budget goes into something superfluous like the tracks. Another example is the UCS AT AT, after the price hikes it costs close to $1k, so you can kinda extrapolate that the $500 Marvel may be roughly half the size of the UCS AT AT which will have similar licensing markups. 

30 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Any $300-400 set can be easily price gouged to $500 off the Marvel license alone, throw in a few gimmicks like light bricks and then you have even more "justification" for the crazy price.

Take a look at the $500 UCS Hogwarts Express, you're honestly not getting that much for what you're mainly paying for which is the train, a big chunk of the parts budget goes into something superfluous like the tracks. Another example is the UCS AT AT, after the price hikes it costs close to $1k, so you can kinda extrapolate that the $500 Marvel may be roughly half the size of the UCS AT AT which will have similar licensing markups. 

I don’t know, the Marvel cost is bad, but it’s never really that bad—I mean, the bugle got a price hike, but it still has an amazing PPP value, especially considering Minifigures. On the other hand, if it had powered up functions, you’re right, that would be quite a price increase.

Yknow what. 
Maybe its not the Avengers Quinjet as different one makes more sense. 

The AoU quinjet was in the most films. 

AoU, Widow, Ragnarok, Civil War, Spidey Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame to name a few

EDIT: Welp vehicles debunked then?

Edited by Ghostcat

This is a long shot... but $500 collection of ocean animals and the War Whale from Black Panther 2? 

Edit: I know some have said it ties into an upcoming movie, but im beginning to think that it might be a comic set. I really can't see a way they release two large d2c's both based on the MCU so closely. Maybe it is another Spiderman-based UCS

Edited by MasterofElements

7 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

This is a long shot... but $500 collection of ocean animals and the War Whale from Black Panther 2? 

A $500 D2C set based on a movie that‘s not even out? Hulk‘s left foot has a better chance of becoming a set than that :tongue:

30 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Edit: I know some have said it ties into an upcoming movie, but im beginning to think that it might be a comic set. I really can't see a way they release two large d2c's both based on the MCU so closely. Maybe it is another Spiderman-based UCS

I got it, it has to be.....UCS Big Wheel!

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I don’t think we have any evidence it’s not the Milano or Benatar, right?

I mean we got the Benatar last year and it's already a pretty big set

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

It definetely counts as a vehicle

in what universe

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Because there's 4 vehicles that people will actually remember, and they habe been all confirmed not to be the thing.

Then we also have the Sanctuary 2 that is only iconic by name, and the weird circle ship from Infinity War but I genuinely don't know who'd claim that one as their favourite ship.

I'd count the hulk buster as a vehicle but that's coming as a separate set. Honestly my main hopes for the this set were a DC mbs or failing that an X-mansion. I have started buying bigger sets recently but I don't think I even need to worry about this one tempting me. Which is good because I'm still after the castle and the bugle and I think I want the Razor Crest too.

16 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Random vehicle, there’s not a lot in the MCU - maybe it’s another version of that Sunbird from Wakanda Forever.

I would not be happy if it was a BP vehicle. To make the largest superheroes set of all time based on a single character, and one who isn't known for their vehicles, would be really annoying. Plus, the figure selection is then limited to BP ones, and while it'd be nice to get a super-detailed T'challa panther design or a better M'baku, I really couldn't care less about any other figures from that. (Except for, of course, Everett Ross, but as the vice president of the Everett Ross Fan Club that totally exists I have to say that)

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hints/Clues/Remarks:

• It's a vehicle (jjpsleakssite)
  • It's not micro scaled (jjpsleakssite)
  • It's not minifigure scaled (jjpsleakssite)
  • It is not Fantastic Four or X-Men related (jjpsleakssite)
  • Not the Avengers Tower (Brickclicker)
  • Not the Helicarrier (Brickclicker)
  • Not the Quinjet (jjpsleakssite)
  • Described as 'Unique' (jjpsleakssite)
  • Probably won't be received well (jjpsleakssite. Brickclicker)
  • It can be viewed in some sense as a celebration of the franchise (Link)
  • It has minifigures (Link)
  • It was not something actively suggested by the community (Link)

My main selection is now Q-Ship, Sanctuary II or Hulkbuster MK1 that fits the buildable Iron Man from earlier in the year.

Hmm. I was hoping for that Sentinal or a No Way Home final battle, but this seems to rule it out pretty solidly. 

I agree that Sanctuary ll is probably the best bet. Q-ship I think is minifig scaled, and I'm not sure how that can be a "celebration of the franchise". I mean, it's from one of the most popular movies, but for a celebration of the franchise I'd be thinking a comics thing, Avengers 2012, Endgame, or NWH. And I can't see them having 2 D2C hulkbusters on shelves anyway, so yeah, I think you're right that Sanctuary ll is a pretty solid bet.

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

By the way, something that fits in the description and that I think I haven't seen posted here, what about an Iron Man statue? It definetely counts as a vehicle I and consdering how popular the Iron Man Hot Toys figures are, it would make sense to release something like that, like a 1/4 scale statue.

We have had a lot of $500 or more vehicles in the past from other themes (AT-AT, star destroyer, Falcons, etc). While it would be moronic for lego to make it, say, a $500 goblin glider or spider-buggy, a sanctuary 2 isn't out of the question by any means.

If it is a $500 Sanctuary II, it would fit the bill of being non minifigure or nanoscale, plus they could include a slew of highly detailed (or highly desired) figures from Endgame or any of the MCU. Going off of how the Sanctum was centered around Multiverse of Madness and Infinity War, the Sanctuary II could be based around Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame (or the original Avengers if the want to stretch it).