Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

After looking at jjpsleaksite stories on instagram im so nervous to see what this 500 dollar set is.

These are jjpsleaksite‘s hints:

• The set is neither minifig nor microscaled
  • It’s not an AT, nor a quinjet
  • It isn‘t Icons collection 2.0
  • He expects many people not to like it
  • He says there‘s a hint in his story

In his story, he also posted a meme-y picture of the creator tiger (LEGO) eating the buildable Iron Man‘s leg (the set) while a shocked Spidey watches (the fans) :laugh_hard: Can’t imagine that’s supposed to be the hint :tongue:

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In his story, he also posted a meme-y picture of the creator tiger (LEGO) eating the buildable Iron Man‘s leg (the set) while a shocked Spidey watches (the fans) :laugh_hard: Can’t imagine that’s supposed to be the hint :tongue:

So weird. Really can't think what it's going to be. I can feel the pressure on my wallet easing,  especially now it's not minifig scale

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

After looking at jjpsleaksite stories on instagram

Claims no Spider-man: NWH sets in first half of 2023...

Also reports the Hulkbuster MKII is releasing October 1st, so we'd hopefully see it by mid September at the latest.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm starting to think that those two sets might've been cancelled.-snip-Perhaps those set numbers were for Aquaman.

Maybe, I'd lean to them either being DC sets or perhaps something to accompany/follow the D2C?

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

what if its like 76393 but all six original (MCU) Avengers 

so giant minifigs and an even larger hulk

Would be fine with this honestly, a Hulk in scale with the new Hulkbuster would probably be neat.

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He says there‘s a hint in his story

I think I may have figured it out...

My theory is the set is a statue or large scale buildable humanoid figure of a character holding the Infinity Gauntlet. Either Iron Man MK85, Thanos or both. Probably with a selection of figures to display on a stand.

Here is all the possible hints that led me to this conclusion:

• Thanos is shown with his Infinity Gauntlet while Spider-man is shown with the Infinity Gauntlet mirroring Iron Man's 'snap' scene
  • The Black Panther Dragon Flyer set is shown, mostly obscured with text yet Thanos with his Infinity Gauntlet visible
  • A tiger is shown with Spider-man and an Iron Man who has lost a leg, text is overlaid of $500 set ontop of the Iron Man figure
  • The remarks about the set being unique
  • The level of appeal it'd have would be mixed among the Lego community, fitting with multiple reports that it might get a mixed reception
  • The remarks that the figures might sell the set more than the set itself

The core elements of their posts are Spider-man, Thanos and Iron Man or depictions that hint towards Iron Man. The choice to label the words "$500 set" directly ontop of Iron Man, I believe is the biggest hint. Straight-up telling us that the set is an Iron Man buildable figure while the depictions of Thanos with the Gauntlet hint towards the scene it's taken from.

Edited by Scarilian

9 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

My theory is the set is a statue or large scale buildable humanoid figure of a character holding the Infinity Gauntlet. Either Iron Man MK85, Thanos or both. Probably with a selection of figures to display on a stand.

I like the way you’re thinking! A giant statue of Thanos and/or Iron Man could make for a badass set! :thumbup:

Though I‘d definitely prefer a Thanos statue. We already got a buildable Iron Man this year and then there‘s the upcoming Hulkbuster Mk II, which is also a buildable Iron Man (sort of) :tongue:

I had assumed a large bust of Iron Man, if it was a snap statue with a selection of exclusive minifigures, I might consider buying.  Any type of construction without minifigures would be an easy step.  However, regardless of the minifigures, if it were a mosaic, I could evaluate the end of my relationship with lego ☹️ For sure in billund they are always very good at disappointing our expectations 🙇🏻‍♂️

Edited by Legocentrico

21 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

However, regardless of the minifigures, if it were a mosaic, I could evaluate the end of my relationship with lego ☹️

I don‘t get why this option is brought up every time a new D2C rumour shows up. Art is its own theme with its own distinct range of set numbers, so a mosaic can be ruled out 100% :tongue:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also worth noting that he said that it’s not a UCS Quinjet but that’s the “right idea.”

I'm guessing it's a large scale dragonflyer. They said it's not a Quinjet, but they had the right idea, so maybe a vehicle. They posted a photo of the aircraft earlier, and with Wakanda Forever around the corner, it may be attached to that film.

2 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'm guessing it's a large scale dragonflyer.

That wouldn‘t make any sense though. As big as BP is, it‘s not „$500 UCS set depicting vehicle with limited screentime“ big :tongue:

Looks like it's going to be a long wait. Not interested in those hideous buildable figures, and not really interested in the Black Panther 2 sets, overall set design seems to be a bit of a step down from the Endgame sets.

I'm actually really glad that the $500 USD set is going to be controversial and not a set for most people, that's A LOT of money saved! The hulkbuster 2.0 might be tempting depending on how good the design looks, but I find the dome headpiece to be a bit limiting and it looks quite bad when scaled up for bigger mechs. 

The Iron Man armoury set is currently £20 off on Amazon UK, certainly a better grab than £80 so I've finally bought it

??? This is the set that took up most of this year's superhero budget?

Someone's been lying

Unless the bust opens up and u can reenact scenes inside tony stark's skull lmao

Edited by thephantasm

3 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Someone's been lying

Unless the bust opens up and u can reenact scenes inside tony stark's skull lmao

I mean where else did the budget go then? Lol

6 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Someone's been lying

Wait do we have pictures??

13 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

My guess is something like the Harry Potter Icons collection. A bunch of Avengers gear from the movies that might look great next to Thor's Hammer.

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Something similar to the HP Icons collection. Including Rocket Racoon (To display alongside the Baby Groot set), Captain America's shield, Iron Man's arc reactor and probably Tony Stark's glasses from FFH. That way it'd end the year with you being able to have Thor's Hammer, Cap's Shield and Iron Man's Reactor on display or you could pose like Cap with the Shield and Hammer.

Thing about this concept, is that I could see getting an Arc Reactor and the glasses in lego form, as they're fairly small items.

But the shield alone would be way too big to be actually doable with Lego pieces.

And following that, if they can't include a captain america shield I doubt they'd do an icons set at all.

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

If I had to bet, I'd go with this.

We know its not microscale or minifigure scale, so I'm fairly confident it will be a bust/sculpture depicting one or a few iconic scenes.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I'm guessing it's a large scale dragonflyer. They said it's not a Quinjet, but they had the right idea, so maybe a vehicle. They posted a photo of the aircraft earlier, and with Wakanda Forever around the corner, it may be attached to that film.

I think the "they had the right idea" was about the set being something different we're used to

Interesting it isnt either Tower, Was really looking forward to how Lego would do Avengers Tower themselves to compare with my own.
But in all Honestly I Didnt think they would attempt/Could Stark Tower at that price range. 

No doubt Lego could do the external of Stark Tower and a breaking Sign play feature but because of the size needed for certain parts they would really have to make some changes in order to flesh out the interior of the top floors like the "bar" , Stark and Loki scene or even a MK7 pod. Heck fitting hulk in there will be a challenge as the upper floors above the flight deck will be the smallest as opposed to Avengers tower where the Smaller floors are Below the flight deck.

Also Threw off my prediction this set would have the last 3 stones as the sanctum had Time, Space and Reality.

Didnt want to see a Helicarrier. I supposed the old one about 50% bigger could have a couple rooms inside at fig scale like the Bridge, Lab and the Prison (Drop out play feature ofc)

Wayyyyy too early for Spidey NWH sets. Dont get why everyone was expecting a Liberty.

A Marvel set like the Harry Potter one would always work but It really seems like they were saving budget for this set (ignoring the 20 or so "bins" the armory and sanctum each got)  So Figs make sense.
So thinking that, its been 10 years since Avengers. A Bridge Diarama with the Big six, A Brick Built leviathan and a bunch of Avengers brick builds could be a idea? Lokis Staff, Tessaract, Widow Stingers, Grapple Arrow, Arc Reactor etc. Thats my current prediction!

Edited by Ghostcat

JJP also mentioned that it’s not an icons collection, probably worth relaying that here too.

Edit, never mind, Brick Bob already covered this.

Edited by Brickroll

From all the hints and whatnot, along with following Lego's recent trends of unusual D2C's (the ? block from Mario, buildable figures, the Mosaic's line, and Hogwarts Icons), I would say the D2C is either a bust with a specialized mini figure plaque, a Marvel version of the Jurassic Park Gate with an oversized monument (maybe the Avengers Logo, as others have said), or something related to the Infinity Stones. I think maybe a new, giant Gauntlet or a box of the Stones with brickbuilt stones with lighting features and figures linked to each stone. 

I think that's a bit unrealistic for a $500 set though. 

With the 2023 Star Wars sets info being revealed the end of last week and Harry Potter being revealed later today, do you think we will get info for Marvel by the end of the week? 

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He expects many people not to like it 

"Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate (Collectors' Series) Showdown", is it finally time to realise the dream?

Or it could be a 4,500-piece model of a fire extinguisher.

3 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

"Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate (Collectors' Series) Showdown", is it finally time to realise the dream?

Don't do that... Don't give me hope

With all the hints, my theory kinda picturing maybe some sort of endgame final battle diorama built out of Jazz musician style figures/legoland style figures. At that price you could get 12-15 figures of that style with a sizable base maybe. The one who asked why it would be disappointing asked if it was either cause it was something unique or a vehicle. And with no quinjet or helicarrier, I struggle to see a vehicle that would be iconic enough for that price point. (Maybe the Milano, but I doubt people would find a ucs style Milano disappointing) so I feel like its gotta be something unique on more of the sculpture front. But who knows, maybe it is the dragon flyer?

The thing that really thows me off is the iron man missing the leg, to me that sounds like there is something "missing" from the set. But it's hard to imagine what that might be.

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Also worth noting that he said that it’s not a UCS Quinjet but that’s the “right idea.”

I'd suspect, perhaps, it's a USC Benatar, only slightly bigger than the Benatar we currently have but costing a lot more.