Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

All I'm saying is whether or not that BP fig actually is supposed to have the shuri head and hair, it's not abundantly clear that the shuri fig in the other sets is NOT in her black panther suit.

Ironheart looks cool, although I have no idea why she already gets her regular suit, especially with the Ironheart set pictures with her in a less stylish and sleek suit.

Not a fan of M'Baku, hate the olive green. Looks like some kind of a soldier uniform instead of what he actually wears.

Black Panther is another rather bland minifigure, like all the previous ones.

I wonder if that's Okoye or Nakia? Design and spears suggest Okoye, but what are thatĀ hairpieces doing here then?

7 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

wow ok so glad we are getting a few figs we have seen in art form but alllll of the people "confirming" the new black panther suit was revealed worn by Shuri can eat their words I guess. the fools.

Further evidence that Shuri is the new Black Panther (at least for this film).Ā  I'm pretty sure the people who are eating their words are those who said that she wasn't the new Black Panther for this film.

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Umm... sorry to break it to you both... but the movie releases November 8th 2024. Not 2023 anymore.

We are dealing with over two years of waiting (800+ Days) as we won't get the sets until October 2024 at the absolute earliest.

Nevermind, confused the date with the February 2024 movie. Too many MCU moviesĀ :tongue:

Then it's Augustā€“October 2024. October 2024 is the absolute latest, not absolute earliest (obviously provided they don't delay the movie).

9 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Not sure I understand what you meant here... they were wrong about the fig in the other sets, but seems like they were right about the character anyway?

Ā 

The Endgame Battle from last year was 7 figs (including a bigfig) for $70. I'd really love for that to be the standard but the Sanctum, by comparison, is 9 figs in a $250 set ;_;

Sorry i meant that a lot of youtube videos had the headlines ā€œnew black panther suit confirmedā€ when the other three sets were revealed.

im sure lego is keeping this set behind (for now) is because it shows a new suit we havent seen before (i wont mention which one)

maybe the second trailer will show a shot of this character and lego can then reveal the set.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ironheart looks cool, although I have no idea why she already gets her regular suit, especially with the Ironheart set pictures with her in a less stylish and sleek suit.

Not a fan of M'Baku, hate the olive green. Looks like some kind of a soldier uniform instead of what he actually wears.

I wonder if that's Okoye or Nakia? Design and spears suggest Okoye, but what are thatĀ hairpieces doing here then?

Yeah i agree with @MandalorianknightĀ i think they just swapped some hair pieces and put it on Okoye or shuri.

Ā 

The new figures look decent overall but man I'm disappointed with M'Baku. No leg printing, no fur neck piece, his weapon looks unfinished(hopefully it is) the olive green was a very strange choice and should have been dark tan or brown or something. New Ironheart suit looks good but does make me curious about how they're handling her suits in her show. The bulkier mk II type suit from set photos looks really cool and I'd hate to have it immediately overshadowed by her final, comic-accurate suit. BP/Shuri looks fine, assuming that's who that's supposed to be and I also assume there's supposed to be an ear piece to go with it. Okoye looks fine. Hopefully this means the final set will leak soon. I'm really curious about the builds.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If this 80 dollarĀ releases on the 1st october then it still spoils the film as to who the new black panther will be.

So when will this be revealed? Any ideas?

Ā 

Im really hoping for some wakanda builds as the other two sets take place under or near the ocean.

19 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

[ā€¦] no fur neck piece [ā€¦]

That shouldnā€˜t come as a surprise, the minifig on the boxart didnā€˜t have that either after all. Also, Iā€˜m not convinced Mā€˜Bakuā€˜s colour scheme is actually olive green. Might just be the quality of the picture. This is ā€žthe dressā€œ all over again :laugh_hard:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That shouldnā€˜t come as a surprise, the minifig on the boxart didnā€˜t have that either after all. Also, Iā€˜m not convinced Mā€˜Bakuā€˜s colour scheme is actually olive green. Might just be the quality of the picture. This is ā€žthe dressā€œ all over again :laugh_hard:

Agreed, it looks to be a tan/dark tan color. Hermione's pants are also a similar color and we can safely assume they're meant to be a khaki color rather than olive green.

He'd still look better with brown pants IMO, but those will be easy to switch since they don't have printing.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know, I was just listing all the things the figure was lacking. I think you might be right about the color of the torso and legs. Hopefully it's just tan like in the box art. Also, it looks like his staff is built incorrectly as the gray piece is upside down when compared to the box art.Ā 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It doesn't really matter what colour it is, because it looks awful as a whole. Painfully plain, with barely no details.

Just look at his actual suit in the movie.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pBJgjdTZhL5L8KfHA

6 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

So when will this be revealed? Any ideas? Im really hoping for some wakanda builds as the other two sets take place under or near the ocean.

Once a new trailer drops, so probably late August or early September. As for build, I'd lean to it either being that oil rig style platform we see OR Wakanda's Throne Room.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Too many MCU moviesĀ :tongue: Then it's Augustā€“October 2024. October 2024 is the absolute latest, not absolute earliest (obviously provided they don't delay the movie).

I know that feel :tongue: Thunderbolts is July 2024, so I'd dismiss August 2024 as they'd want to give people time to hype over and get those sets first. September 2024 OR October 2024 would be the main ones. I'd lean mostly to Lego repeating how they are handling the Black Panther 2 sets, probably a larger wave of sets because it's a popular brand and releasing closer to the movie.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Once a new trailer drops, so probably late August or early September. As for build, I'd lean to it either being that oil rig style platform we see OR Wakanda's Throne Room.

I know that feel :tongue: Thunderbolts is July 2024, so I'd dismiss August 2024 as they'd want to give people time to hype over and get those sets first. September 2024 OR October 2024 would be the main ones. I'd lean mostly to Lego repeating how they are handling the Black Panther 2 sets, probably a larger wave of sets because it's a popular brand and releasing closer to the movie.

Ā 

If Thunderbolts comes out in July, then the sets will come out in April or May. Plenty of time until August.

New higher quality photos of Black Panther and Ironheart figures are out

It wasn't unreasonable to guess in the last image Shuri's head could've been added to Black Panther's body, but two images in a row say differentlyĀ 

So with these new minifigures we have a confirmation that Shuri Is new Black Panther. Strangely enough she doesn't have any leg print in BP suit compared to other suit in small sets. M'Baku looks kinda boring tbh. Okoye looks amazing though, just skirt piece is needed to complete her look from movies.

Between Ironheart Mk 2 and BP Shuri, no wonder they havenā€™t revealed the fourth set yet! :grin:

And even though sheā€™s not among the leaked minifigs, I still hope Namoraā€™s included. Would be a huge shame if she wasnā€™t, really like her design

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Between Ironheart Mk 2 and BP Shuri, no wonder they havenā€™t revealed the fourth set yet! :grin:

And even though sheā€™s not among the leaked minifigs, I still hope Namoraā€™s included. Would be a huge shame if she wasnā€™t, really like her design

Still hoping for 6-7 figs and honestly expecting 5 (because Lego), but if we get any more figs I would bet money on them being repeats, since 4 of the 5 figs are already unique.

Probably either Nakia or Attuma or both if I had to guess. Actually this is one of the rare occasions that I'd love to get some troops... Dora Milaje or Atlanteans

On 8/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, Scarilian said:

Not too sure, but it vanished from the site I believe.

Ā 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:54 PM, kakistos said:

You donā€™t, but theyĀ charge an non-member fee. It was $5 when I ordered the set. In the US at least.Ā 

Ah okay, I picked it up from the Lego shop instead, online they were out of the forestmen GWP but they had it in-store and that helped sway me.

I do think its a shame that America Chavez isn't included, they already have the design after all, I'd have rathered her to Spidey and Tony. Since I already have an IW iron man and the CMF Spidey

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I do think its a shame that America Chavez isn't included, they already have the design after all, I'd have rathered her to Spidey and Tony. Since I already have an IW iron man and the CMF Spidey

Eh. It's a different spider-man suit, and from a sales perspectice Spider-Man and Iron man are much more popular than Ameriza Chavez. A $200+ set based on an upcoming film is a big risk for lego (especially considering that the film didn't have the greatest reception), so tying it to one of the most popular movies of all time and including new updates to some of the most popular charactersĀ is probably a good call.

When do you guys think the daily bugle set will retire? I want to purchase it again so I have a sealed copy. They normally don't retire popular D2C's like that after 1 year right? Maybe atleast until the end of 2023Ā 

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

When do you guys think the daily bugle set will retire? I want to purchase it again so I have a sealed copy. They normally don't retire popular D2C's like that after 1 year right? Maybe atleast until the end of 2023Ā 

Brickfanatics seems to expect it to remain till December 2023, I'd lean towards that being the case. Most big D2C's last two years, so May 2023 would probably be the earliest it'd go :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Eh. It's a different spider-man suit, and from a sales perspectice Spider-Man and Iron man are much more popular than Ameriza Chavez. A $200+ set based on an upcoming film is a big risk for lego (especially considering that the film didn't have the greatest reception), so tying it to one of the most popular movies of all time and including new updates to some of the most popular charactersĀ is probably a good call.

Idk, if anyone is going to buy the sanctum,Ā Ironman and Spider-man are not going to be selling points of the set. Them and Ebony Maw are wasted slots imo. They should have included the Ancient One,Ā Kaecilius and America Chavez so it covers characters across both movies and keepsĀ it based on sorcerers. Or even throw in some comic characters like Brother Voodoo orĀ Nightmare since the Bugle was comic based. As much as I love them both Ironman and Spider-man werenā€™t needed.

Edited by Thwip

29 minutes ago, Thwip said:

Idk, if anyone is going to buy the sanctum,Ā Ironman and Spider-man are not going to be selling points of the set. Them and Ebony Maw are wasted slots imo. They should have included the Ancient One,Ā Kaecilius and America Chavez so it covers characters across both movies and keepsĀ it based on sorcerers. Or even throw in some comic characters like Brother Voodoo orĀ Nightmare since the Bugle was comic based. As much as I love them both Ironman and Spider-man werenā€™t needed.

I disagree. I don't think someone would buy the set FOR iron man and spider-man, but I think more people will buy the set if they know/like the characters more. For example, an adult who doesn't have any of the 6-12 sets (which is a demographic lego's really been leaning into recently) would probably be at least a little more likely to pick up a copy of the sanctum as something to put on their shelf or desk if it's got two of the most popular marvel characters than if it had... who was suggested instead, America Chavez?, who is... not one of the most popular marvel characters by any means. You gotta remember that the "adults who might be inclined to buy a large lego set" group and the afol group are not the same.

Has anyone tried to combine 2 (or more) Sanctums into a wider building? Would be great to see if it's worth itĀ before trying it myself.Ā