Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Though not as good as some previous offers - the Sanctum, in the UK, is on Costco website for around £168.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:51 AM, AyeMatey said:

I'm currently considering buying one from a seller who has like 20 in stock. Thanks very much.

Buy from someone with a really high rating, potentially someone you've interacted with before. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is :shrug_oh_well:

On 8/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

One of the few characters who it makes sense to have a mech for, could have a cool black, gunmetal and trans-red color scheme, and they could go nuts with the weaponry. 

Armour Wars is a series about Rhodey with a huge level of potential for mechs and Iron Man style figures. I believe it is our highest change of getting more War Machine focused figures. Only problem is we probably won't see it until Phase 6.

Yeah, according to rumours Armor Wars is in pre-production hell. Many ideas moved from it to Ironheart (certain Iron Man-related characters).

It's not looking good. We don't even know if it'll come out, and if it does, it definitely won't be happening soon.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Armour Wars is a series about Rhodey with a huge level of potential for mechs and Iron Man style figures. I believe it is our highest change of getting more War Machine focused figures. Only problem is we probably won't see it until Phase 6.

Armor wars is dead, I think.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, according to rumours Armor Wars is in pre-production hell. Many ideas moved from it to Ironheart (certain Iron Man-related characters).

This annoys me so much. I much prefer War Machine to Ironheart. As much his start is just "being friends with Tony", he does grow into his own more, and I especially liked his lines in endgame about how he does his best despite being crippled. A series that actually gave him stuff to do, and maybe delved more into his injury or even showing him earn the armor and prove he's more than just Tony's friend could be really cool. Unlike ironheart, at least he had some relation to tony.

Either way, series or not, I think a war machine mech would do well. He's not as iconic of a character as most of the mechs they've done. but as essentially an iron man suit swap, I think it'd still sell well enough.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Armor wars is dead, I think.

Armor wars is still coming according to the writer of the series 

In the U.S. Costco online has the 2 for 1 pack 66711 Iron Man and baby groot combo for $109.99 compared to the $144.98 they would cost individually at Lego.com

Been pretty busy so I haven't had much time to work on the Sanctum, but I got to the bag containing Spider-Man today. 

While there's not a lot of boot printing, I feel like what is there really does make all the difference. I put it next to the Spidey figure that came with the bugle, and it just looks so much better having something on the boots so the torso and the legs don't contrast so much. Would full boot printing be better? Of course. But if this is as much as we're going to get I'm pretty happy. Hopefully it makes its way onto more Spidey figures. 

10 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Would full boot printing be better? Of course

I disagree, I think there's such a thing as "too much detailing", as seen in Captain Falcon from the CMF that makes the figures look like bootlegs

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I disagree, I think there's such a thing as "too much detailing", as seen in Captain Falcon from the CMF that makes the figures look like bootlegs

I read Captain Falcon and immediately thought "Don't do that. Don't give me hope". Lego ideas won't let me submit a smash bros idea and told me it's unlikely to happen.

But yea I'm 100% a believer in the "too much detailing" thing. Lego figures are supposed to look like lego figures, they aren't supposed to have every single bit of detail possible.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Looks like the Fantastic Four are joining the MCU in 2024. If this means we finally get the 4 characters in LEGO, shut up and take my money please LEGO...

On 8/5/2022 at 6:57 PM, Scarilian said:

Though not as good as some previous offers - the Sanctum, in the UK, is on Costco website for around £168

Do you need to have a Costco membership

18 hours ago, PGBQW said:

That's fair. I guess for me the boots on Spider-Man figures stand out due to how little printing they have (Sanctum variant and the inside out suit excluded - although I don't own the latter). 

I get what you mean though. But I think you could avoid that by stripping the blue sections of printing. They don't really need it imo. 

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not too sure, but it vanished from the site I believe.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

You don’t, but they charge an non-member fee. It was $5 when I ordered the set. In the US at least. 

Edited by kakistos

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

Looks like the Fantastic Four are joining the MCU in 2024. If this means we finally get the 4 characters in LEGO, shut up and take my money please LEGO...

We definitely will — January 1st 2024.

That's still a year and a half tho :tongue:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

11 hours ago, jonwil said:

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We definitely will — January 1st 2024.

That's still a year and a half tho :tongue:

Umm... sorry to break it to you both... but the movie releases November 8th 2024. Not 2023 anymore.

We are dealing with over two years of waiting (800+ Days) as we won't get the sets until October 2024 at the absolute earliest.

Edited by Scarilian

Wow some of the figs from the biggest set are on Instagram, two could be considered spoilers though so be careful. VERY impressed with what I'm seeing, can't wait to see what the set itself is now.

wow ok so glad we are getting a few figs we have seen in art form but alllll of the people "confirming" the new black panther suit was revealed worn by Shuri can eat their words I guess. the fools.

how many figs do we usually get in a 80 dollar set? with inflated prices considered?

6? 7?

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

:laugh:Looks like Disney lawyers might have some fun soon 

IKR?!

That pic is going to be viral everywhere, not only LEGO related sites

30 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

how many figs do we usually get in a 80 dollar set? with inflated prices considered?

6? 7?

Marvel sets in the past cap at six, but idk.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

wow ok so glad we are getting a few figs we have seen in art form but alllll of the people "confirming" the new black panther suit was revealed worn by Shuri can eat their words I guess. the fools.

6? 7?

Not sure I understand what you meant here... they were wrong about the fig in the other sets, but seems like they were right about the character anyway?

The Endgame Battle from last year was 7 figs (including a bigfig) for $70. I'd really love for that to be the standard but the Sanctum, by comparison, is 9 figs in a $250 set ;_;

I'm not trying to say it's not impossible that Shuri is the new Black Panther, but it is completely possible the figure has just had Shuri's head placed on it. The same picture has a shuffle of Harry Potter and Hermione body parts, and Okoye has Riri's hairpiece. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm in support of Nakia taking the mantle

The Ironheart suit looks cool, can't wait to see it in the film. At first I thought it looked weird, nothing really like the comics, but then I thought changing up the colour scheme, and throwing in some black rather than gold really helps set it apart from Iron Man, and gives a nice Wakandan feel to it

You can also see M'Baku's staff in the picture, and although the top piece should be in brown, it's a very creative and accurate build, really like it. Not sure on the figure yet, but that's just because it's based on an outfit we haven't seen yet

Edited by Quicksilver838

So the figure selection will be something like Namor, Namora, Black Panther, Mark II Ironheart, M'Baku, and Okoye. With around 6 minifigures, that almost makes up for the price of the set. And 5 of them are exclusive to boot!