Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

They're okay for what they are but its an easy pass from me on the figures. Im only planning on getting the Iron Man one because of RansomFern bust and giant version. I doubt if someone creates the same with these new ones that would even interest me

Still waiting on Venom, but the recolours of pieces are nice and will allow for better cohesiveness. Feels like small improvements here and there. Its generally improving on aspects of the buildable figures. Room exists to improve it further though. If anything this style, if popular, could easily transfer to a theme in the Knights Kingdom style.

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

All in all, it's not really a nail in the coffin of bionicle's death, but more like spitting on it's grave. The Venom one might be better, we'll see.

When Bionicle returns in some form, it'd probably initially have to rely on pre-existing pieces as opposed to an entire subsection of new pieces like in the past. I think the only option for its revival is in the form we see here and potentially expanding out from that. Castle has been one of the main popular things for the 90th, so why not capitalize on that by bringing back the Knights Kingdom style for buildable figures. Compare for example the Miles Morales figure with Vladek. Once popular they can use this as a basis to branch into other buildable figures and vary more from the baseline.

41W67P2ZAEL._AC_SY355_.jpg

37 minutes ago, Changbricks said:

Changbricks

That is one of the best pfps and usernames I've seen on the site. Just had to say that.

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Still waiting on Venom, but the recolours of pieces are nice and will allow for better cohesiveness. Feels like small improvements here and there. Its generally improving on aspects of the buildable figures. Room exists to improve it further though. If anything this style, if popular, could easily transfer to a theme in the Knights Kingdom style.

When Bionicle returns in some form, it'd probably initially have to rely on pre-existing pieces as opposed to an entire subsection of new pieces like in the past. I think the only option for its revival is in the form we see here and potentially expanding out from that. Castle has been one of the main popular things for the 90th, so why not capitalize on that by bringing back the Knights Kingdom style for buildable figures. Compare for example the Miles Morales figure with Vladek. Once popular they can use this as a basis to branch into other buildable figures and vary more from the baseline.

I think Venom is going to be the best of the three, but I still don't like them.

I think we've had a similar discussion in the past, but I still disagree. I'd almost rather bionicle come back as a minifigure scale theme and have the sets completely re-imagined (which would at least allow for locations like Kini-Nui and the six Koros to be better realized) then to have them return as system built figures. I just that iron man and these spider-men are really ugly looking and don't understand the appeal. 

And as for knights kingdom...I maintain that those are some of the ugliest sets lego's ever produced, and I have no idea why they made them that way when Bionicle was in it's golden era during Knights Kingdom's development. They had already solved the mold issue with things like the Inika build and constraction system. (And even when bionicle had like 20-30 new molds a wave, it was still one of lego's most profitable themes)

But anyway, back on topic. I might not like the figure reveals today, but I love that guardians calendar more and more the more I look at it. I'll have to get some sand green arms for drax, I guess I'll give him a black tank top like he wore at the funeral, and then a Ravenger jacket or something for Nebula, but it's great that you get almost the entire team in one middle-priced set. I also love the Rocket Boots for star lord, I always like it when details like that are brick-built (leg printing of course would have been ideal, but this is better than nothing, and it's a cool concept anyway)

On 7/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, Caps Beard said:

I saw this post and went onto Very. Opened a credit account with them and got an extra 10% off the £189.99 price. £170 in the end. Happy days!

I had a 10% discount code that they sent me on my birthday so ordered the Sanctum and BD-1, would have got the Airbus set too but that was classed as an electrical product so not eligible lol

I think the Spider-Man Bionicle thing looks very good!

Not good enough for me to actually go and buy the thing, but it does look neat!

Bear (down for midterms?) in mind guys that some of the Advent Calendar figs will probably get reused in Guardians 3 sets, so I bet we'll get full figs for Drax and Nebula in those. :)

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think we've had a similar discussion in the past, but I still disagree. I'd almost rather bionicle come back as a minifigure scale theme and have the sets completely re-imagined (which would at least allow for locations like Kini-Nui and the six Koros to be better realized) then to have them return as system built figures.

I 100% agree with this!

Regards,

Changbricks

The buildable Spider-men actually look really good. I kinda hope they make a bunch of these. I'd love Ghost Rider in this style!

I actually like those buildable Spider-Man figures. Not enough to buy them but they look a lot better than expected, certainly better than that crappy Iron Man earlier this year. Still, if I had to choose between getting these three “buildable action figures” for the same price as the recently revealed Marvel Legends three pack of Tobey, Andrew and Tom, I’d choose the latter every day of the week.

The GOTG Advent Calendar looks pretty solid. Definitely a step-up from last year’s, which still had a lot of cool stuff in its own right. That being said, I think I’m passing on the Star Wars and Marvel Advent Calendars this year. $45 for these things feel like way too much when I’m mostly just getting them for the figures and a few pieces here and there. It wasn’t too bad last year since I had like $70 worth of VIP Points that I used towards both of them, but now I’m saving up all my VIP Points to get the Star Destroyer before it retires. Besides, I was off at college for the majority of the AC days last year so I didn’t even really get to enjoy the full experience of opening them everyday. 

I don’t feel super bad about this decision as I already have all of the reused figures from the Benatar and I’m sure the new prints for the Mixtape and Drax and Nebula’s faces will be reused for the GOTG V3 sets next spring.

Edited by The Stud

Had more time to process and I think the general design is almost perfected in terms of the concept they are aiming for, the only aspects in need of improvement are the foot articulation, elbow articulation and shoulder pads. It looks like they may be trying an alternative method for the shoulder pads with these smaller figures so perhaps they are learning. I hope we see other figures in this series and that it gives them more potential to improve.

I'm really curious how Venom is going to be handled, the main thing for that character is normally the idea of him being bulky and having a long tongue. Personally I'm leaning more to the idea that it's a mistaken translation and that it's actually the Black Suited Spider-man which someone mistook for Venom due to the black/white colour scheme and logo :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd almost rather bionicle come back as a minifigure scale theme and have the sets completely re-imagined (which would at least allow for locations like Kini-Nui and the six Koros to be better realized) then to have them return as system built figures.

I think Ninjago covers that demographic, only way they could justify Bionicle coming back to most would be in a similar action figure style which is currently not filled by anything they offer. Hence why they are trying to tap that market via latching it onto a popular brand, in this case, Marvel.

I like the printing on the torso and mask for the Spider-Man figure, but this whole buildable figure thing is starting to feel like what Mega Construx/Bloks was doing with the Marvel license back in the mid/late 2000s and making buildable figures that were clearly their attempt at Bionicle-esque Marvel figures. 

Now I think this concept could work with the Marvel theme...if used with the right ideas rather than trying to dip their toe in the action figure market. Imagine an X-Men set to tie in with the upcoming X-Men '97 animated series that's a Sentinel build using this style. These figures basically look like giant robots anyways, so why not use it for the one thing that already IS a giant robot. Throw in a few minifigures (including the obligatory Wolverine), maybe a couple of new X-Men that we've never gotten before like Nightcrawler, Beast, or some updated designs for past figures such as Cyclops and Storm, and watch it sell like hotcakes. But that's just my two cents though.

19 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I do like this, but....

I have both the Infinity war guardians sets and so the only team members I'm missing are Drax, Mantis and Nebula. So Drax and Nebula being the Christmas ones is a pain.

Yeah but at least u get a new nebula head which is accurate to avengers endgame and infinity war (not sure about infinity war. Dont know if she had that orange metal plate on her face during the titan battle) and i have a feeling that drax might turn greener in guardians 3. Ya never know.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

I like the printing on the torso and mask for the Spider-Man figure, but this whole buildable figure thing is starting to feel like what Mega Construx/Bloks was doing with the Marvel license back in the mid/late 2000s and making buildable figures that were clearly their attempt at Bionicle-esque Marvel figures. 

Now I think this concept could work with the Marvel theme...if used with the right ideas rather than trying to dip their toe in the action figure market. Imagine an X-Men set to tie in with the upcoming X-Men '97 animated series that's a Sentinel build using this style. These figures basically look like giant robots anyways, so why not use it for the one thing that already IS a giant robot. Throw in a few minifigures (including the obligatory Wolverine), maybe a couple of new X-Men that we've never gotten before like Nightcrawler, Beast, or some updated designs for past figures such as Cyclops and Storm, and watch it sell like hotcakes. But that's just my two cents though.

Ooooh a sentinel in this style with x men minifigs will be awesome!!!!!

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Full pictures of all figures leaked, and golly gee, they look awful :tongue:

Eh, I actually like the look of Venom, but the rest of them are just not great. Still can't believe we lost 4 set slots to these things.

52 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Still can't believe we lost 4 set slots to these things.

Did we, though? I doubt they had a backup plan for those. If they hadn‘t come up with them, there simply wouldn‘t be any upcoming sets. I mean, as far as we know, there is no fixed amount of set slots they absolutely need to fill :shrug_oh_well:

Call me delusional, but I think Spider-man looks better than Venom.

In fact, if I get it with a discount I might even buy it

1 hour ago, CodFather1 said:

Eh, I actually like the look of Venom, but the rest of them are just not great. Still can't believe we lost 4 set slots to these things.

That's not how it works.

It's usually this or nothing, not one or the other. If we didn't get this, we'd simply get nothing.

Wouldn't care either way, but oh well...

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not how it works.

It's usually this or nothing, not one or the other. If we didn't get this, we'd simply get nothing.

Wouldn't care either way, but oh well...

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Did we, though? I doubt they had a backup plan for those. If they hadn‘t come up with them, there simply wouldn‘t be any upcoming sets. I mean, as far as we know, there is no fixed amount of set slots they absolutely need to fill :shrug_oh_well:

I meant the aspect of what those sets could have been in terms of speculation, not in terms of production.

Regardless, Marvel has been rather underwhelming this year, with the only good sets in my opinion being the goat boat, the Wakanda Forever Sets and Gargantos, despite it's issues. The rest have either been niche or just not good. It doesn't even look like the 500 dollar set is even coming out this year anymore.

1 hour ago, CodFather1 said:

I meant the aspect of what those sets could have been in terms of speculation, not in terms of production.

Regardless, Marvel has been rather underwhelming this year, with the only good sets in my opinion being the goat boat, the Wakanda Forever Sets and Gargantos, despite it's issues. The rest have either been niche or just not good. It doesn't even look like the 500 dollar set is even coming out this year anymore.

The $500 set is still coming out this year 

Just be glad we are getting as many sets this year as we did. Look at the poor folks over on the DC side with basically nothing...

7 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

If they haven't done Mech characters for Mech sets, I have zero confidence that they'll do that. Even though I'd want them to. 

We could have gotten Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Fire-power, The Destroyer, Iron Monger (comics)

Well, personally I'm impressed with the buildable figures. It's amazing to me how far primarily System-based figures have come that you can have these streamlined, varied builds and have them robust enough for play, with scarcely any specialized figure parts necessary.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Well, personally I'm impressed with the buildable figures. It's amazing to me how far primarily System-based figures have come that you can have these streamlined, varied builds and have them robust enough for play, with scarcely any specialized figure parts necessary.

Honestly, as much as I feel like the heads aren't the best, I really like these as well. And as much as the Iron Man one didn't necessarily sell the best at $40, I think these will do a lot better at $25-$30 - especially since they are Spider-Man.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

the 500 dollar set

That was never confirmed as marvel in the first place just superheroes, I'm still holding out hope for a comic based bat cave + Wayne Manor.

Also did the sanctum not make your list? The figures are underwhelming sure but that's not the sort of set you get just for the figures.

11 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I agree, for what they are I honestly think they're pretty good. I will admit that I don't like them enough to buy them, but if Lego makes even just a few more dedicated molds for buildable figures, I think they could turn out quite good. I'd prefer for good old fashioned Bionicles to come back, but this isn't the worst possible replacement (assuming it is meant to be one in the first place).

Edited by Meadius