Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Just in case this hasn't been reported, the set numbers for the buildable figures are up on lego.com in the instructions. No pictures yet, but hopefully a reveal soon.

Edited by CodFather1

Finally had an excuse to snag the Iron Man Brick Sketch today (needed something to hit the GWP threshold) and it looks great IMO.

Would love some more (a Hulk Brick Sketch would be neat)

so the new draw fig?...Why did they change his skin colour again? I was looking at images of him on google and he looks grey to me. 

Am I crazy? he looks more comics accurate now. Not MCU.

Edited by BusterNut31

Guardians advent calendar pictures have just been released. Promobricks on instagram 

6 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Guardians advent calendar pictures have just been released. Promobricks on instagram 

Looks like they are making Drax green. Not sure about that. We do need a proper Nebula as well, without a quantum suit or Christmas attire. Why they chose her over Rocket or Starlord is beyond me, but I do like the builds.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

so the new draw fig?...Why did they change his skin colour again? I was looking at images of him on google and he looks grey to me. 

Am I crazy? he looks more comics accurate now. Not MCU.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if the christmas special just has Drax paint himself in green because he sees Grott as a christmas tree and also wants to be one.

Sounds like something James Gunn would do tbh.

So... I like it. Definitely better than last year's.

I like that Groot does have a Christmas tree attachment. Christmas sweaters look good, but I really don't understand why Drax is green. Doesn't work at all.

I like most of the builds, and the Awesome Mix set-up is a fantastic addition. 

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Why they chose her over Rocket or Starlord is beyond me,

I assume it's because if you give Star-Lord a different outfit he's just Chris Pratt's Jurassic World character.

Either that, or they gave him the same torso as in the big ship as an incentive to get this set (being cheaper and all).

Edited by PGBQW

I do like this, but....

I have both the Infinity war guardians sets and so the only team members I'm missing are Drax, Mantis and Nebula. So Drax and Nebula being the Christmas ones is a pain.

Great Advent calendar this year, big improvement over last years! Nebula has Thanos and infinity stones on her ugly Christmas sweater, and Drax baby Groot. Builds are ok, and so are reused figs. But why didn’t Lego give Star-Lord dual Mildred legs from Benetar set here? That set is still in production, so legs should be available to be used in calendar set as well. Oh well…

46 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I do like this, but....

I have both the Infinity war guardians sets and so the only team members I'm missing are Drax, Mantis and Nebula. So Drax and Nebula being the Christmas ones is a pain.

I wouldn’t worry about  this since we have GoTG 3 sets coming next year. Probably new versions of Drax and Nebula included there.

Finally got my hands on the Sanctorum, I'm so excited to build it!

(Well the Sanctum and a few more sets)

Remember when we thought it was gonna release in early may? Time flies, man.

Quite an improvement over last year‘s calendar! Not a big fan of green Drax though. Hope they revert it back to grey for the GotG Vol 3 sets :tongue:

Was going to hold off on buying the Sanctum but there has been so many crazy discounts on U.K. retailers that I buy the bullet. Cant wait to get my hands on it. 

1 hour ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Was going to hold off on buying the Sanctum but there has been so many crazy discounts on U.K. retailers that I buy the bullet. Cant wait to get my hands on it. 

I noticed last night that John Lewis were selling at £189. They’ve bumped it up to £215 today. Still a fair few selling at £189 though. Interesting to see if others go to higher price 

I said it before and I'll say it again, this advent calendar has made me so happy I missed out on the recent Benetar 

14 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

The set numbers for the buildable figures are up -snip- hopefully a reveal soon.

Saw an Instagram post about 7 hours ago claiming 'tomorrow' would be when they will be revealed along with the Advent Calendars and Seasonal Christmas sets.

The Calendars and Seasonal Christmas sets have been revealed so I expect the buildable figures are not far behind. Timezones may be a factor as always.

3 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Whats happened with the Sanctum price? Seems all over the place. I've seen people getting it for £140 from Zavvi. 

21 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Whats happened with the Sanctum price? Seems all over the place.

Original UK Price was very likely £189.99, due to Lego price increases this seemingly became £214.99 - an increase of around 11.7%. I believe most retailers will wind up increasing the price to £214.99.

Having discounts of around 10% or lower when a set is released has become surprisingly common. Zavvi probably intended to discount from £189.99 to £174.99 (8% cheaper) but instead listed that solely as the main price.

21 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I've seen people getting it for £140 from Zavvi. 

Zavvi had an offer they likely did not intend to overlap which resulted in £35 of savings on the Sanctum Sanctorum reducing it from £174.99 to £139.99. It has now removed this offer and has put the Sanctum Sanctorum price at the new pricing of £214.99.

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Original UK Price was very likely £189.99, due to Lego price increases this seemingly became £214.99 - an increase of around 11.7%. I believe most retailers will wind up increasing the price to £214.99.

Having discounts of around 10% or lower when a set is released has become surprisingly common. Zavvi probably intended to discount from £189.99 to £174.99 (8% cheaper) but instead listed that solely as the main price.

Zavvi had an offer they likely did not intend to overlap which resulted in £35 of savings on the Sanctum Sanctorum reducing it from £174.99 to £139.99. It has now removed this offer and has put the Sanctum Sanctorum price at the new pricing of £214.99.

Thanks, I wondered if that was it. 

It's currently £190 on Argos, hoping it stays that way for a few days so my quidco gift card cashes out! 

16 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Just in case this hasn't been reported, the set numbers for the buildable figures are up on lego.com in the instructions. No pictures yet, but hopefully a reveal soon.

Thank goodness, I've been kinda excited to see these so I'm hoping they don't look too awkward. I'm a sucker for buildable figures but the Iron Man doesn't really do it for me and I'm not a fan of how Groot looks so I'm hoping these are somewhat decent. And if they do well enough we can see more characters in the style (provided it looks good enough to justify making more of course.)

Massive improvement on last year's. You can get almost the entire lineup in just one set! And sure, the sweaters are a little annoying, but that's still rocket, groot, star-lord, mantis, and at the very least Nebula and Drax's heads!

I'm happy about green drax head, since it's finally a comics type one, though without the corresponding green torso it's not as helpful. (Plus, he EXPRESSLY told them why he doesn't wear shirts, I can't believe they'd do this knowing the pain he'll suffer from wearing a sweater!)

Eh, not great. random little patches of webbing that's missing on most of the arms and legs, some...interesting joint choices, and of course, I don't think anyone was asking for these.

The legs are alright, as is the torso (especially if it's got waist articulation), but the arms and feet are pretty rough. All in all, it's not really a nail in the coffin of bionicle's death, but more like spitting on it's grave. The Venom one might be better, we'll see.

Yes, the £140 Sanctum was a steal! One of the biggest brick heists of this AFOL's career, can't wait to get my hands on the thing! Reminds of when I ordered a Hogwarts Express and LEGO sent two by accident, crazy, crazy times!

Regards,

Changbricks

Edited by Changbricks
My name was capitalised wrong