Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Yup, those sets are great. Sunbird looks fantastic, although not worth 50€ at all. Sucks that Namor doesn't have facial hair.

Okoye and M'Baku both look great, can't wait to see the final set. Wonder why they are holding back on it.

Also, weird to see that the smallest set isn't officially labelled as a part of The Infinity Saga range.

Ooh, I really like the Sunbird now! It looks so much better folded out like it is on the front of the box. Namor's Throne is still the best set and Shuri's sub looks so much bigger and better on the back of the box, definitely helps justify the price. I still think it can attach to the Sunbird in some way. The figures all look incredible, they all get excellent leg printing and despite some inaccuracies with hair and lack of facial hair on Namor, I really like these. Attuma might be my favorite but he is sorely lacking shoulder armor and the spear piece is woefully inadequate in representing his very cool, unique looking weapon in the movie. I'm very happy we're getting M'Baku, he might be my favorite Wakandan character. Based on the box art, it sadly looks like he too will not be getting any sort of shoulder armor and will also have a disappointing build for his weapon. He absolutely should have gotten the Kraven fur collar piece. Also, it doesn't look like he's getting any leg printing which is really unfortunate. The new Okoye looks great too but again, appears to be lacking leg printing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the $80 set and what other figures we might get. Sounds like we're at least getting Namora and I really think we'll get a repeat of Namor, just with the headress and maybe a cape. Still crossing my fingers for that War Whale(tm) but most likely it'll be some sort temple structure either Wakandan or Talocan.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Official pictures of the three sets are now available! Minifig artwork of Okoye and M’Baku is visible on the back of the box, which hopefully means that they’re both included in that final set :thumbup:

Where are the official pics? Nvm I've found them :)

Edited by RobbieHxC

Some personal notes after seeing the better pictures:

- I was not aware the chest piece of M'baku was meant to evoke a gorilla face. That's very cool!

- Shuri's outfit is not a black panther suit at all to me. Maybe is an outdated concept art of the purple outfit, or is a swimming suit over the purple outfit.

17 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Sorry if that came across as slander for the mighty Everett Ross fanbase, I didn't mean to offend all 6 of you :tongue:

Excuse me -  7 of us. :) 
 I'm here too! haha 

22 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Shuri's outfit is not a black panther suit at all to me. Maybe is an outdated concept art of the purple outfit, or is a swimming suit over the purple outfit.

Thank you. I don't get why everyone's saying it is, it's clearly some sort of swimming suit or wetsuit. No armor, no mask, it's not a panther suit unless they've suddenly gone back to the design of the original comics.

16 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Excuse me -  7 of us. :) 
 I'm here too! haha 

I knew there were 7 of us! 

Yeah, I dunno. The sunbird looks better in this image but still like a $40 set. And now that we have a better look at shuri's submarine in the $30 set, that should definately be $20-25.  Might bricklink Namor if I like the film, otherwise I think I'll pass on the wave.

Oh, and M'Baku. He was the only BP character I really liked besides T'Challa (and of course the mighty Everett Ross). I want him to end up somehow joining the Guardians. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

23 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

- I was not aware the chest piece of M'baku was meant to evoke a gorilla face. That's very cool!

Yes, M'Baku's comic book supervillain name is White Gorilla - although the MCU has portrayed him more as a hero!

Hope Lego artwork of Okoye and M'Baku means they are in big final set. I means why else would they include those characters on the box and design their minifigures?

So what skin tone did they use for Namor? Doesn't really look like nougat or medium nougat to me. 

Sets look pretty good overall, as long as the last set matches this quality then this will end up being one of the best Marvel movie waves ever.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, weird to see that the smallest set isn't officially labelled as a part of The Infinity Saga range.

I guess it’s kinda like how the two smaller “No Way Home” sets and the polybag were branded as No Way Home even though they clearly had little to do with that specific movie.

So I noticed something. Based on merchandise, Namor has two outfits, a royal outfit with a headdress and one without, to keep in simple terms. The chest necklace or armor is different for these outfits. Having said that, the minifigure we’ve seen has the royal chest piece. If there is another Namor figure, I’m guessing it’ll have the same print but with a headdress, and we won’t have his other simpler outfit in Lego form. They’re not that different but enough for some of us to notice. I’m guessing Lego probably decided to just keep one print for Namor and we might or might not see a headdress. I personally think if we were getting a royal headdress, it would have been in the throne room set.

Edited by Leggomyleggo

I really hope that when we get the Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 wave (probably three sets), they'll also make some based on the previous movies.

I'd KILL for a set like this: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgm8Pi5sVen/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I guess it’s kinda like how the two smaller “No Way Home” sets and the polybag were branded as No Way Home even though they clearly had little to do with that specific movie.

Well yeah, but they were weird mash-ups — No Way Home suits, random builds, and Homecoming / Far From Home villains.

Not to mention they literally couldn't have made anything else, because of how secretive the marketing was.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So I noticed something. Based on merchandise, Namor has two outfits, a royal outfit with a headdress and one without, to keep in simple terms. The chest necklace or armor is different for these outfits. Having said that, the minifigure we’ve seen has the royal chest piece. If there is another Namor figure, I’m guessing it’ll have the same print but with a headdress, and we won’t have his other simpler outfit in Lego form. They’re not that different but enough for some of us to notice. I’m guessing Lego probably decided to just keep one print for Namor and we might or might not see a headdress. I personally think if we were getting a royal headdress, it would have been in the throne room set.

I don't think it matters too much. Thor's torso matched his suit with the helmet and golden sleeves, but he still came helmetless and sleeveless in both sets.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope that when we get the Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 wave (probably three sets), they'll also make some based on the previous movies.

I'd KILL for a set like this: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgm8Pi5sVen/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Well yeah, but they were weird mash-ups — No Way Home suits, random builds, and Homecoming / Far From Home villains.

Not to mention they literally couldn't have made anything else, because of how secretive the marketing was.

This guy's set ideas are always amazing.

We just want an Ego figure. IMO lego puts way too many "side builds" into their sets as it is.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you. I don't get why everyone's saying it is, it's clearly some sort of swimming suit or wetsuit. No armor, no mask, it's not a panther suit unless they've suddenly gone back to the design of the original comics.

I mean, I wouldn't say it's *clearly* not the Black Panther suit.

Like we know it's probably not, but if you showed the minifigure to someone and told them that's Shuri's BP outfit they'd most likely belive you.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I think this is is more likely in the "For" column than "Against" for evidence that Shuri is the new Black Panther (for this film).  Black and purple costume (just like Black Panther usually has) plus gold highlights on the boots (just like the final shot in the trailer).  She also appears in all the sets shown so far as the main protagonist.

Edited by RobbieHxC

If anyone in the US wants the Sanctum Santorum, Target is doing a preorder for the 'original' $200 price, before the higher prices go into effect tomorrow. Saves you $50. Plus you can get it for $190 if you have a Target Red Card, saving more.

It's also available for pre-order at Smythe's in the UK! 

Just wondering, anyone have any idea of the box dimensions? I'm considering going to pick it up from Liverpool tomorrow but I don't drive, so I'm not sure how foolish that would be :grin:

Huh. The first bag in the Sanctum includes a couple of trans-orange cones and 1x1 round plates with bar-sized hole that aren't used anywhere throughout the build. I assume they're supposed to serve as connectors for the power burst pieces, but weird there's no suggestion in the instructions for how exactly to connect them :laugh:

The set is amazing, btw! I placed it right next to the previous Sanctum and the difference is striking! Love the easter eggs as well :wub:

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

If anyone in the US wants the Sanctum Santorum, Target is doing a preorder for the 'original' $200 price, before the higher prices go into effect tomorrow. Saves you $50. Plus you can get it for $190 if you have a Target Red Card, saving more.

And, sadly, it's now back to $250 on Target pre-order. 

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

Just wondering, anyone have any idea of the box dimensions? I'm considering going to pick it up from Liverpool tomorrow but I don't drive, so I'm not sure how foolish that would be :grin:

Might not be of any interest but it’s available now from Very for £189.99 which is better than the £214.99 that Smyths want.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Huh. The first bag in the Sanctum includes a couple of trans-orange cones and 1x1 round plates with bar-sized hole that aren't used anywhere throughout the build. I assume they're supposed to serve as connectors for the power burst pieces, but weird there's no suggestion in the instructions for how exactly to connect them :laugh:

These are fairly common in superhero sets, I thought. I was pretty sure I had these in the Captain America motorcycle set and the older Benatar. Same way they'll include those parts in white for Power Burst sets.

7 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

I think this is is more likely in the "For" column than "Against" for evidence that Shuri is the new Black Panther (for this film).  Black and purple costume (just like Black Panther usually has) plus gold highlights on the boots (just like the final shot in the trailer).  She also appears in all the sets shown so far as the main protaganist.

There are also gold highlights on the arms, legs, and back. (which assumably would mean gold highlights on the front torso too, which are missing from the figure's torso. That suit is also clearly more armored, as opposed to the cloth-like appearance of this suit, especially the purple area.) I'm not saying that Shuri isn't the main protagonist or that she won't be the new black panther, I'm saying that I'm very sure that her suit in the sets is not the BP suit.

5 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Might not be of any interest but it’s available now from Very for £189.99 which is better than the £214.99 that Smyths want.

I saw this post and went onto Very. Opened a credit account with them and got an extra 10% off the £189.99 price. £170 in the end. Happy days!

Hopefully we see the buildable figures fairly soon, they are meant to release in September and would be nice to get a sense of how they are handled as they are a lower price point than the Iron Man :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, SEmrys said:

• Lego/Smyths have it as £214.99 (RRP)
  • Very has it at £189.99 (11.7% Off)
  • Costco already sold a few for £161.98 so that might be how much it'll retail via them however will need to verify that tomorrow (24.7% off)

As far as I can tell Costco is the best offer available currently IF it winds up being the retail price after August 1st and was not an incorrect listing.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I knew there were 7 of us!

Yes, all 8 of us :p

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully we see the buildable figures fairly soon, they are meant to release in September and would be nice to get a sense of how they are handled as they are a lower price point than the Iron Man :shrug_oh_well:

• Lego/Smyths have it as £214.99 (RRP)
  • Very has it at £189.99 (11.7% Off)
  • Costco already sold a few for £161.98 so that might be how much it'll retail via them however will need to verify that tomorrow (24.7% off)

As far as I can tell Costco is the best offer available currently IF it winds up being the retail price after August 1st and was not an incorrect listing.

Yes, all 8 of us :p

Starling Toys also has another good offer (£180) but is already sold out unfortunately. 

I've already kind of psyched myself up for the trip to the Lego store to get the set though so I don't mind too much. 

Edited by SEmrys