Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Lets be honest with ourselves, its highly likely that all of these sets are marvel. No need to tease us.

The sets have just been revealed!

The smallest one is Shuri's lab from Black Panther, and is 4+. Really like this one. Shuri looks fantastic, and Black Panther still needs more printing.

The middle one is Namor's throne room with Shuri's vehicle. The minifigures are all incredible. The builds look pretty good. The values definitely there.

The biggest one is the Sunbrid. Shuri and Talocan warrior are both repeats, so that makes it look less interesting. Riri looks fantastic, and Nakia is cool. The build looks awesome, although it doesn't really feel like a 50€ set.

Wouldn't exactly call it an official reveal :tongue:

But yeah, they don't look bad. I'm currently reading the Ironheart comic and I'm very excited for the D+ series, so also eager to get my hands on Riri's minifig :sweet: 

I was also very excited about all the news from SDCC! So many great things coming up, if you ask me :wub:
And, of course, the LEGO potential for them all :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The smallest one is Shuri's lab from Black Panther, and is 4+. Really like this one. Shuri looks fantastic, and Black Panther still needs more printing.

The middle one is Namor's throne room with Shuri's vehicle. The minifigures are all incredible. The builds look pretty good. The values definitely there.

The biggest one is the Sunbrid. Shuri and Talocan warrior are both repeats, so that makes it look less interesting. Riri looks fantastic, and Nakia is cool. The build looks awesome, although it doesn't really feel like a 50€ set.

Wait, I thought that was Attuma not just a generic Talocan soldier. Well that's a bit disappointing but it still has a cool new hammerhead shark skull headress.

The sets themselves look pretty good and the figures are excellent but I can't help but be a bit disappointed in the lack of more Aztec-inspired architecture and the like. Also, like I had come up with in a previous comment, how awesome would a "war whale" have been!?

I can't remember, are these the only sets for WF or are we getting more that have yet to be revealed?

Namor's throne is definitely a must-have. Excellent figures in a fairly small inexpensive set. Would reeaally love a brick-built blue whale though... :grin:

Looks to be a great wave of new sets. The throne room looks to be excellent value and I really like the look of the Sunbird. Nice selection of new minifigures too - especially Namor and Attuma.

8 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I can't remember, are these the only sets for WF or are we getting more that have yet to be revealed?

There's one more set left for 80€ that has yet to be revealed. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it.

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The biggest set ($80) is still missing, so there could be a war whale after all :laugh:

I like the look of these three and the minifig designs are spot-on, if we ignore Nakia’s hairpiece. Also not sure about Monica Rambeau’s for Ironheart…

As for the final set, I’m hoping for Okoye, M’Baku, Namor with headdress, and Namora. Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

I'm guessing the Black Panther figure that comes in the Lab set is supposed to represent an empty suit that's on display like how the Civil War suit was displayed in Shuri's lab in the first movie. The minifigure isn't a reuse of the one from the Black Panther mech either, it's completely new. It looks the closest like the 2018 suit judging by the torso design, but I could be wrong.

Kind of funny that Lego still somehow managed to technically sneak in a T'Challa Black Panther figure in these sets after all, I was sure that it wouldn't show up.

Edited by TheBatstan

Pretty cool sets! Although the images I'm looking at aren't the best resolution. 

I'm enjoying the sleek designs of the various Wakandan vehicles, I agree though that the Sunbird doesn't look like it should be the price it is. 

There's a charm to that 4+ set. Very simple, fun and good figures. 

I'd like to see some better pictures and get a closer look at Iron Heart and Namor though, as the latter in particular is what excites me most about this film. 

Edit: Am I right in thinking minifig Namor is lacking facial hair? 

Edited by SEmrys

21 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Wait, I thought that was Attuma not just a generic Talocan soldier. Well that's a bit disappointing but it still has a cool new hammerhead shark skull headress.

It might actually be Attuma, looks close enough to the leaked art.

There's also 76214, an 80€ set.

12 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I'm guessing the Black Panther figure that comes in the Lab set is supposed to represent an empty suit that's on display like how the Civil War suit was displayed in Shuri's lab in the first movie. The minifigure isn't a reuse of the one from the Black Panther mech either, it's completely new. It looks the closest like the 2018 suit judging by the torso design, but I could be wrong.

Kind of funny that Lego still somehow managed to technically sneak in a T'Challa Black Panther figure in these sets after all, I was sure that it wouldn't show up.

It's not a Wakanda Forever set. It's based on the 2018 movie.

13 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Edit: Am I right in thinking minifig Namor is lacking facial hair? 

Yeah, from what I'm seeing his head and hair looks pretty terrible, looking much more like the comic Namor instead of the movie one.

No facial hair, and no green earrings or nose rings... That's really disappointing, seeing how great he looks in the trailer.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not a Wakanda Forever set. It's based on the 2018 movie.

Yeah, I slowly realized that when I took another look at Shuri and noticed that the Panther suit was the 2018 design.

Edited by TheBatstan

Definitely glad to hear there's an $80 set left to be revealed, fingers and toes crossed for war whale :excited:

That figure has to be Attuma, it definitely looks like Attuma and I don't see any generic warriors wearing that elaborate hammerhead skull headress. If there were, it would make Attuma less special and not as easy to pick out of a crown which doesn't sound like something they would do.

Anyway, looking forward to the offical reveal.

Yeah it is Attuma! Love his figure.

yeah looks like Namor has no facial hair. Haha maybe firestartoys can help us with face and arm printing for him.

his throne looks awesome and my fave set of these three. Love the black panther suit without the purple light up power.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It might actually be Attuma, looks close enough to the leaked art.

Is Attuma in both sets then? Hard to tell for certain but figures look same in both throne and sunbird sets

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Namor appears to have print on the ankles

Probably his little winglets. I am glad this are putting actual effort into these figures.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, from what I'm seeing his head and hair looks pretty terrible, looking much more like the comic Namor instead of the movie one.

No facial hair, and no green earrings or nose rings... That's really disappointing, seeing how great he looks in the trailer.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Yeah looks like Namor has no facial hair. Haha maybe firestartoys can help us with face and arm printing for him.

I'm okay with him looking like comic book Namor, since my display is a mix between cinematic and comic, however, while it's not perfect, the Tasu Leech head from SW:TFA might be a good substitute. I'll try it out once I get my hands on the Namor fig. 

Excellent wave even without seeing the largest one! Best lego sets of phase 4? If the other unseen set has M’Baku then yes! Glad to see Namor has side leg printing. I was worried about Attuma, I’m glad he has a new headpiece. I feel like I need to get them all and to me that makes a great wave of sets. And ummm do these sets answer a big question we’ve all had about the trailer?

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Definitely glad to hear there's an $80 set left to be revealed, fingers and toes crossed for war whale :excited:

Hope so, none of the others interest me and we had a creature set for Black Panther so hopefully we get the War Whale this time.

With that said, I'm leaning more towards the $80 set being part of Wakanda featuring the other throne, potentially having Ramonda, M'Baku, Okoye, Namor (with headware), Namora and Shuri (with helmet) maybe with a generic Everett Ross thrown in for the figure count.

12 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

where did you hear this?

Was told the information by a leaker and was informed they had was already posted it publically online, turns out they had'nt... oof

10 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Please don't tease me like this.

10 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

No need to tease us.

When we get lists like these they tend to be a mixture from DC & Marvel, we had it happen with the 76221(Batman Flash Tracking) and we still have 76222 and 76224 presumably for this year which could be either Marvel or DC :shrug_oh_well:

Here's what we know for 2023:

• Three of the January sets are definitely Marvel: 76232, 76242 and 76244.
  • This leaves five sets in January that could be Marvel or DC.
  • Then three April sets could be either Marvel or DC

Looking at schedule of films surrounding these release dates:

• Shazam (December) sadly seems unlikely to get sets as we did not get sets for the first movie.
  • Ant-Man 3 (February) has a history of getting 1 set, but in this case has a much larger cast of important characters to represent so will probably be 2-4 sets.
  • Aquaman 2 (March) had 1 set previously, so I could see the sequel having a set also
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 (May) has typically had 3 sets and we currently have 3 sets listed for April

This naturally ignores the potential for non-film inspired sets and I'd definitely expect some mechs and potentially another buildable figure (76244 perhaps?) With that said the majority are probably Marvel, just don't want anyone to think that they will all definitely be Marvel :p

Updated List:

Hide contents

AUGUST:

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211: Shuri's Sunbird (50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212: Shuri's Lab (10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213: King Namor's Throne Room (30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214: (Wakanda Forever; 80€)
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C)  Release Date Source

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241 $14.99
  • 76242: $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: $14.99
  • 76244: $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: $34.99
  • 76247: $49.99
  • 76248: $99.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: $9.99
  • 76254: $34.99
  • 76255: $99.99

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Presume the small vehicle in the throne set clips underneath the larger vehicle as some sort of dropship (dropsubmarine)?

That would be cool!

So will we get the proper reveal later today? Box art and HD images etc?

Wow, new Black Panther sets look great! First of all really happy they made small set form 1st movie with new T’Challa minifig in unpowered BP costume. 
As far as BP 2 sets go Namors throne is a must buy! Throne looks amazing, and Shuris submarine is fine as well. But minifigs  are the real highlight. Shuri in BP suit looks cool and has leg print(?!), looks like Namor has wings printed on his legs, and Attuma looks interesting to say the least.

Sunbird looks great as well, although a bit overpriced. Minifigs are again a highlight, and Nakia look great here, Not sure about Iron heart, pic is too blurry.

Unrelated to Marvel, is free shipping still applicable for a $40 set if you redeem VIP points for a $20 discount?

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

don't forget iron heart 

7 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Unrelated to Marvel, is free shipping still applicable for a $40 set if you redeem VIP points for a $20 discount?

Done this in April, got free shipping.

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

don't forget iron heart 

???

Riri is Ironheart.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN