Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I've lost hope for NWH based sets with spoiler elements. Especially after that whole fulcrum scandal

I wouldn’t give up so fast. It took about two years for us to get proper Endgame sets but we got them. This Marvel Legends 3-pack isn’t even coming until next summer, which is when we probably would be getting spoilery sets anyway.

20 hours ago, hvader said:

Hasbro Spider-Man 3 pack just came out… LEGO sets not too far away?

I think the lack of villains in merchandise is telling. Until we see companies like Hasbro producing figures of final battle Green Goblin or Electro it seems unlikely to me that we are close to a Lego set release. Lego would want a level of conflict in a box as opposed to just releasing the three Spider-men, lack of villains could mean a lack of concept art being provided to merchandise companies.

We are aware of three unknown Marvel 2023 sets: 76232, 76242 and 76244. Three sets, three Spider-men? Could be one or more of those, but personally I'd expect NWH sets to be August 2023 at this point IF they happen at all. Up until that point they have Ant-Man 3 (Feb), Guardians 3 (May) and Captain Marvel 2 (July) with the potential for a film in November.

We'll know more about the film schedule at SDCC but August 2023 seems like it'd give enough time for the film related sets to sell before introducing new sets that would attract attention and it's within the July-September bracket they have used for some Legacy sets. It's also appropriate as the official teaser trailer was released in late August 2021, giving two years since the teaser trailer.

Edited by Scarilian

Honestly I think we should let go the hope for a NWH set.

Like, sure, spider-man will always be a Best Seller, so releasing it 1-2 years later wouldnt affect the sales that much, but at that point it just wouldnt make a lot of sense to release a set based on the movie.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Honestly I think we should let go the hope for a NWH set.

Like, sure, spider-man will always be a Best Seller, so releasing it 1-2 years later wouldnt affect the sales that much, but at that point it just wouldnt make a lot of sense to release a set based on the movie.

I mean, we're getting Infinity Saga sets now for films that came out anywhere from 2-14 years ago. We got a Far From Home set (and sorta got a Homecoming set) for last year's No Way Home wave. I'm sure Lego and these other toy companies know that there's a lot of demand for more products from the most successful movie since the pandemic; it's just taking time since they probably didn't have material to work off of until the film's release. It took a while for us to get merchandise off of The Mandalorian Season 2, which had a similar level of hype with returning characters, but we did eventually get it. 

Like I said earlier in this thread, without a live-action Spidey movie releasing next year (after they've been coming out biannually the last few years), that will be the ideal time for these companies to come out with more No Way Home stuff.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:51 AM, ToaDraco said:

Ooor maybe somebody at the office accidentally mixed one piece of Thor L&T concept art in with the Spider-man NWH concept art when designing the sets :laugh: really, the Sanctum Workshop scorpion monster fits waaay more with the Thor L&T monster. Still, I can't help but wonder how on earth they came up with the awful design we got when it looks absolutely nothing like any of the monsters we saw. It looks like a 5 year old's drawing come to life.

The monster in set 76207 is a shadow beast and its crazy design can be attributed to a child see the clip below

"As it turns out, all of the kids that were a part of the movie were also tasked with creating the designs for the shadow monsters that we see! According to Waititi, that came about when his daughter just happened to ask one day what the monsters looked like. He told Marvel:

“My daughter was watching me write the script one day and she looked over my shoulder and says, ‘What's a shadow demon?’ I was like, ‘I don't know.’ And she goes, ‘What does it look like?’ So she went and drew one. I thought I wonder if that would be a cool monster. And I gave it to the Visual Development department, and they turned it into a fully rendered monster. Then I just started asking everyone else around the office. I was like, get your kids to draw some monsters. And then we just had a collection of monsters. So all of those monsters that Gorr summons, the reason they look so crazy is because they're all designed by children.

Edited by Mattallica

Mattallica - cool name btw - how about some spoiler alerts...

I know its been a few weeks, but some folks may not be ready for that huge font lol

Oh, that is actually some really cool trivia!

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

sorry dont know what happened with the font and couldnt fix it :pir-oh: 

ironically i havent even seen the movie yet

You can always paste it (for example) into your search engine (like Google search bar) — it doesn't allow any text formats so you can copy it from there and voilà. 

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Quick question. What are the chances any new sets get revealed at SDCC?

I think it'd be easy enough for them to reveal the three Spider-man sets (Miles 76225, Spider-man 76226, Venom 26230) intended for September as we are nearly in August and it'd be better to reveal them now rather than them leaking. We could maybe get the reveal of one of the Black Panther Wakanda Forever sets, if it's primarily legacy focused with minimal spoilers - but would'nt expect anything more than those options.

Its sadly too early for Hulkbuster MKII and I doubt the D2C is getting revealed here, I'd lean towards us not seeing anything else other than potentially those three Spider-man sets and potentially a BP:WF set.

Have we had confirmation that some of the Black Panther sets will be based on the first movie?

Seem like other companies are releasing products on both the first movie and the upcoming sequel. 

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

if it's primarily legacy focused with minimal spoilers

Since there’s a good chance the first teaser trailer will be revealed at CC, I think a non-legacy set being revealed isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

1 hour ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Have we had confirmation that some of the Black Panther sets will be based on the first movie?

No, there isn't even a reason to believe that

do u mean we havent had a hint or rumour that one of the sets will be legacy based?

we have some reasons as other toy companies are doing some legacy figures and toys based on Blank panther 1.

lego is doing that with Avatar and the sanctum set by updating older figs in sets from new movies.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

No, there isn't even a reason to believe that

While we have no leaks or rumours regarding that as an option, we do have some reasons to believe that they could have a legacy set.

Black Panther is the most popular character in Black Panther, so I can easily see them finding a way to include him and a Legacy set would be the best way to do so. In addition while we may be aware of a lot of spoilery stuff its unclear how much info Lego would have been provided. You also have other companies focusing around legacy figures and toys from the first film. If we did have a legacy set I'd lean towards it being the 4+ set, it'd be an easy way to include Black Panther and its the cheapest set of the wave so would be very easy to sell while also appealing to fans of the character who would like an updated version.

2 hours ago, Subnautica said:

Since there’s a good chance the first teaser trailer will be revealed at CC, I think a non-legacy set being revealed isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

Depends how much Lego communicated with Disney regarding what would be revealed at what time. Presumably they'll reveal the main antagonist and the supporting character, which most people are currently aware of - but I would not personally lean towards the trailer revealing all of what the sets will include as they'll save some surprises for the second trailer that would probably be in September. So maybe one or two sets at most getting revealed, the 4+ set and 30€ set being the most likely to contain minimal spoilers.

Should probably note if we get more than that or others, I'm happy to be wrong. Would be nice seeing the entire wave so early to see if anything appeals or if I should save towards the D2C and Hulkbuster MKII.

Edited by Scarilian

So…SDCC has begun, and I’ve seen no evidence of exclusive minifigs (hallelujah!!!)

What do we think? Is it safe to assume these are no more?

8 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

So…SDCC has begun, and I’ve seen no evidence of exclusive minifigs (hallelujah!!!)

What do we think? Is it safe to assume these are no more?

Brick fan is at SDCC and has reported there will be no SDCC exclusive stuff this year and possible SDCC exclusive stuff is done for good 

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brick fan is at SDCC and has reported there will be no SDCC exclusive stuff this year and possible SDCC exclusive stuff is done for good 

As cool as it is to see new stuff, I don't think a lot of lego fans find value in unobtainable sets and figs :(
Retiring this is a good thing IMO. SDCC can still be used for announcements and whatnot if for some reason Legocon hasn't taken over that completely.

It would be so cool if LEGO decided to give us Spider-Man: Freshman Year sets. 

An animated Spider-Man series with a lot of suits, villains and characters? Sounds like a win for both LEGO and the fans.

I’m still a bit bummed that Freshmen Year won’t exactly be canon to MCU Peter Parker, especially as I was hoping to get the MCU Homemade suit here, but it still seems like it’ll be a fun show and man, there are some really cool character designs that I’d love to see in Lego form. That Daredevil outfit, as well as more comic-looking versions for characters like Strange and Doc Ock are great, plus getting new Spidey suits of course. I can definitely see Lego dedicating a wave to this show.

I definitely think we’ll see sets for some of these other animated shows they’re talking about as well. What If?… Season 2 and X-Men ‘97 seem like they’ll get sets, though I doubt Zombies will with the TV-MA rating.

Now that I think about it, with What If…? Season 2 coming out in the spring, there’s a non-zero chance it hogs a lot of the slots again in Marvel Series 2, assuming we get that next year. /:

Edited by The Stud

X-Men 97 is the one I'm most interested in seeing sets for next year. I'm hoping at the bare minimum we at least get all eight members of the core X-Men team, but it would be great if they went all out with Sinister, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Cable, Forge, Morph, Callisto and the Hellfire Club as well.

Its also great to hear the show is already getting a second season.

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

Now that I think about it, with What If…? Season 2 coming out in the spring, there’s a non-zero chance it hogs a lot of the slots again in Marvel Series 2, assuming we get that next year. /:

I really hope that isn't the case, but I could see it for sure. At bare minimum, I hope all of them are based on episodes we actually end up with. I'm guessing it wasn't Lego's fault, but I still think that Sakaar Hulkbuster was a total waste when there were so many interesting things in the show that they didn't cover.

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Better look at the full shuri figure from the box is out. She gets leg printing

Which set is it from?

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Better look at the full shuri figure from the box is out. She gets leg printing

From the original pic I thought the figure would be Shuri in her purple outfit from the recent leaked promo art. But seeing this better picture that doesn't seem to be the case, this may be our first look at her Panther suit! Looks great, and love the new hair piece.