Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is kind of off topic but 

Hide contents

Why is she in this movie again? I don't remember her being Wakandan in the comics, and it feels like adding an iron man character to a black panther movie is kind of a weird choice, especially considering it'll be a movie without T'challa, supposedly be more of an ensemble film with the other wakandans AND the atlanteans (who are now aztec instead of roman?). It just feels like such a random option. It'd be like if the next spider-man movie was about Ned, MJ, and Speedball or something.

Spoiler

It's possible it could've been a retroactive decision. Perhaps a bunch of writers in Marvel's writers' room agreed to make an Ironheart project but wanted to introduce her somewhere first and decided on Wakanda Forever.

Or, maybe Ryan Coogler's a fan of the character and wanted to include her in some way. Ironheart has crossed over with the Wakandans at least once in the comics.

Idk. I'm just glad to see her in the MCU.

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like lego was confirmed for SDCC. My guess is we see a Wakanda forever set and remember lego has revealed sets for marvel movies before the trailer has came out 

I'd lean more towards a reveal of the D2C or Hulkbuster MKII personally, having Marvel at SDCC remarking on the past phases and looking forward into late stage 4/5 would be a good time to reflect on the 10 year anniversary of the first Avengers film with Lego capitalising on this via revealing the D2C/Hulkbuster MKII if they are indeed still coming this year - otherwise not sure when/where/how they would be revealed.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'd lean more towards a reveal of the D2C or Hulkbuster MKII personally, having Marvel at SDCC remarking on the past phases and looking forward into late stage 4/5 would be a good time to reflect on the 10 year anniversary of the first Avengers film with Lego capitalising on this via revealing the D2C/Hulkbuster MKII if they are indeed still coming this year - otherwise not sure when/where/how they would be revealed.

They rarely (not sure if they ever actually have) reveal d2cs at comic con so I wouldn’t bet on that

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:
  Hide contents

It's possible it could've been a retroactive decision. Perhaps a bunch of writers in Marvel's writers' room agreed to make an Ironheart project but wanted to introduce her somewhere first and decided on Wakanda Forever.

Or, maybe Ryan Coogler's a fan of the character and wanted to include her in some way. Ironheart has crossed over with the Wakandans at least once in the comics.

Idk. I'm just glad to see her in the MCU.

If Black Panther was in the movie, she wouldn't be in it. They decided to shove her in, because making a Black Panther movie without Black Panther is... problematic.

Why are you all freaking out about Ironheart in Wakanda Forever when Hulk was in Ragnarok, Doctor Strange was in No Way Home, Black Widow was in Winter Soldier... I could go on?

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If Black Panther was in the movie, she wouldn't be in it. They decided to shove her in, because making a Black Panther movie without Black Panther is... problematic.

She would still be here, I've read somewhere that the reason she's included is that she benefits from a scholarship from the wakandan fund T'Challa establishes in the neighboorhoods at the end of the first movie.

7 hours ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

Why are you all freaking out about Ironheart in Wakanda Forever when Hulk was in Ragnarok, Doctor Strange was in No Way Home, Black Widow was in Winter Soldier... I could go on?

I don't think anyone's "freaking out", but you can't deny this whole movie is a bit weird. I just thought it was odd for a black panther movie to have ironheart, but not, y'know, black panther.  And I would say that there is a difference between all those. Mainly, all those characters had at least some form of existing relationship with the main character of that movie: hulk and thor's rivalry , doctor strange as an authority figure for spider-man, black widow's working relationship with captain america, etc. Ironheart hasn't been in anything yet, and it just seems odd to throw a new hero character into a film that simultaneously seems like it'll have too many characters (all the wakandans, of which supposedly there isn't really a "main" character, all the rival atlanteans, ironheart (who's supposed to be an iron man related character, right?), and supposedly

Spoiler

doom

, though likely not more than a tease), and yet doesn't have the character the film is named for. It's like, as I said before, if the next spider-man film was about Ned, MJ, and then introduced Speedball.

15 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I dont think they will, considering the sanctum releases 2 weeks after SDCC

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think anyone's "freaking out", but you can't deny this whole movie is a bit weird. I just thought it was odd for a black panther movie to have ironheart, but not, y'know, black panther.  And I would say that there is a difference between all those. Mainly, all those characters had at least some form of existing relationship with the main character of that movie: hulk and thor's rivalry , doctor strange as an authority figure for spider-man, black widow's working relationship with captain america, etc. Ironheart hasn't been in anything yet, and it just seems odd to throw a new hero character into a film that simultaneously seems like it'll have too many characters (all the wakandans, of which supposedly there isn't really a "main" character, all the rival atlanteans, ironheart (who's supposed to be an iron man related character, right?), and supposedly

Reveal hidden contents

doom

, though likely not more than a tease), and yet doesn't have the character the film is named for. It's like, as I said before, if the next spider-man film was about Ned, MJ, and then introduced Speedball.

Again whilst there are pre-existing relationships between the characters in the examples I gave, we also had Black Panther and Spider-Man introduced in a very busy Captain America film, so there is a precedent for unrelated character inclusions. I have faith in Coogler and Ironheart is a character that could use a bit of tinkering from how she is in the comics IMO. Based on that concept art she could make for an interesting mini-figure. 

Edited by DaleCooperFBI

On 7/5/2022 at 10:14 AM, Scarilian said:

Spoiler tagging for spoilers, but this is likely the list of figures we'd get judging by what's been revealed :tongue: With four sets, all together priced at around $180, I'd guess we have a max of 14/15 unique figures. Either way we have less than two weeks until SDCC where they'll probably reveal all the Black Panther 2 stuff.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Shuri (SPOILERY LINK)
  2. Shuri Variant Outfit
  3. Okoye (SPOILERY LINK)
  4. Iron Heart (MK1 Armour - SPOILERY LINK)
  5. Namor (SPOILERY LINK)
  6. Namor Variant Outfit (SPOILERY LINK)
  7. Namora (SPOILERY LINK)
  8. Attuma (SPOILERY LINK)
  9. Everett Ross
  10. W'Kabi
  11. M'Baku
  12. Nakia
  13. Ayo
  14. Atlantean Guard/Warrior (Generic Army Builder)
  15. Black Panther/T'Challa (If we get a Legacy set)

Thanks for the comprehensive list. Among those, my guess is that the ones we have already the concept art are the more likely to get a minifig. But if I could add one more to the list:

Spoiler

I SUSPECT/SPECULATE that Riri will also get a Mark 2 suit, with Wakanda tech and a more sleek look.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

10 hours ago, SpiderFan44 said:

She would still be here, I've read somewhere that the reason she's included is that she benefits from a scholarship from the wakandan fund T'Challa establishes in the neighboorhoods at the end of the first movie.

That doesn't mean she'd be in the movie :tongue:

They are trying to fill the Black Panther gap with whatever they have, so the movie doesn't feel empty.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yet doesn't have the character the film is named for.

There’ll definitely be a Black Panther in the movie, just not T’Challa’s. They already established the title has been passed from generation to generation for thousands of years so someone knew will take it up.

76215: Hulkbuster MKII ($300/300€) is October 2022 according to Brick Clicker.
Unsure if they have a direct source or not, but fairly reliable in the past when reporting info.

A brief reminder on details first:

• 2,500 piece estimate, previous Hulkbuster had 1362 pieces
  • No accessories, everything is focused on the Hulkbuster MKII
  • 1 figure, believed to be Tony Stark or Bruce Banner
  • 50-60cm tall, previous Hulkbuster was 25cm tall

In general it sounds like they took the complaints of piece allocation from the last set and decided to put it all towards this build. With some of the new joint pieces introduced this year, it could arguably be very posable, I would not be surprised if we get knee articulation this time. After seeing how Bowser looked for $270, I can definitely see Hulkbuster MKII having a lot more potential than people really expect. Hopefully it improves on the original - and if the design is good enough it might become the basis for something else that I may do...

Updated List:

Hide contents

AUGUST:

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The old guard is leaving or dead, to help sell Phase 4 and set-up future media they are mostly team-ups so its not really surprising that is the case here also.  With that said:

Spoiler

I think Namor & Atlantis more accurately fits that. The Wakanda Vs Atlantis conflict is a lot more akin to a 'final film' storyline as opposed to the second film in what will probably be a trilogy and Marvel probably saw the profitability of Aquaman and wanted to benefit from that as soon as possible. Iron Heart I think they understand that she's not going to sell a Disney+ series on her own, so they need to get the audience aware of her prior via including her in Black Panther 2.

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They rarely (not sure if they ever actually have) reveal d2cs at comic con so I wouldn’t bet on that

With recent remarks from Blick Clicker that the Hulkbuster MKII is October also, I think that increased our potential chance of seeing it at SDCC. It's either going to be the Hulkbuster MKII OR a Wakanda Forever set... maybe both.

D2C will probably be November to give people time to get it for Christmas :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That doesn't mean she'd be in the movie :tongue:

They are trying to fill the Black Panther gap with whatever they have, so the movie doesn't feel empty.

They are trying to fill the gap, but naturally I would argue they're doing so with Shuri and Okoye, not Riri.

All in all, it's a comic book movie/shared cinematic universe, so it doesn't surprise me that characters (related to Black Panther or not) would pop up.

2 hours ago, Subnautica said:

There’ll definitely be a Black Panther in the movie, just not T’Challa’s. They already established the title has been passed from generation to generation for thousands of years so someone knew will take it up.

Ok, sure, technically someone will wear the BP suit by the end of the film (my guess is that they'll keep it secret and out of merch, though). But it doesn't change the fact that the main character of the franchise is gone. 

Very happy right now, got a very late unexpected birthday gift from someone of the Thor's Hammer set. Amazing set and bigger than I thought. Now I need to somehow find the money to afford the new gauntlet (since I already have the Iron Man mask and Infinity Gauntlet and have no reason not to collect all the Avengers buildable things like that).

Huh, so that set really exists then :tongue:

Weird to release two 300€+ D2Cs in a span of a month tho (if the 500€ one releases in November).

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh, so that set really exists then :tongue:

Weird to release two 300€+ D2Cs in a span of a month tho (if the 500€ one releases in November).

That’d be weird indeed! Or maybe the $500 set is a DC one after all :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’d be weird indeed! Or maybe the $500 set is a DC one after all :laugh_hard:

That would require Lego to remember that DC even exists. 

The Hulkbuster sounds like a nice improvement over the original, but I can't say I'm too interested, especially since I'd probably take the Sanctum over it anyway. I love mechs but at this point I'm just getting tired of the Hulkbuster.

23 minutes ago, Meadius said:

The Hulkbuster sounds like a nice improvement over the original, but I can't say I'm too interested, especially since I'd probably take the Sanctum over it anyway. I love mechs but at this point I'm just getting tired of the Hulkbuster.

I'm mostly curious how they will adapt it after seeing Bowser. The Hulkbuster MKII is a incredibly smooth design, to really do that design justice in Lego you'd need it to be almost entirely studless.

e120cbd65fd8347c16d5e472f88cc4d5.png

Very, very late to the conversation, but I get more intrigued by the $500 D2C by the day. What are people's best guesses as to what it might be?

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'm mostly curious how they will adapt it after seeing Bowser. The Hulkbuster MKII is a incredibly smooth design, to really do that design justice in Lego you'd need it to be almost entirely studless.

Yeah that is a good point. As you said, Bowser may actually be a decent indication as to how the new Hulkbuster is going to be designed, though I wonder if as much budget will have been put into it (in general, it seems to me that Nintendo's sets have been getting a lot of care and attention put into them, more so than with some other licensed themes like Marvel).

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Very, very late to the conversation, but I get more intrigued by the $500 D2C by the day. What are people's best guesses as to what it might be?

It's not a very interesting guess but I am still in the Avengers Tower camp. There are just hardly any locations (or anything else for that matter) that are iconic and interesting enough to warrant a $500 set, which also needs to be popular with more casual Marvel fans. The Helicarrier is not really relevant much these days, and there aren't too many other locations or vehicles from Marvel that I think make a lot of sense at that price point. Maybe its some sort of Iron Man set, like his mansion or something, but I don't know if Lego would want that and the Hulkbuster coming out so close together. To be fair though, I didn't think the Daily Bugle was popular enough for a $300 set and they did it anyway, so maybe it will just be something I'm not expecting at all.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

The longer this goes on, the less sure of it I become. I would have put my money squarely on Avenger's Tower a few months ago, but now that there's still no word and the Hulkbuster is still theoretically coming around the same time, I don't know. Seems odd to have three Marvel D2C's in the back half of the year. I would think it's not a helicarrier because it seems rather boring and too expensive for that, but at $500 anything of minifig scale is gonna have to come with an absolute boatload of minifigs after how many they put in The Bugle.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Promobricks list has gotten one or two backwards, so it's *possible*. Maybe like 5% chance lol, which is ironic because I can think of far more $500 ideas for DC, but we all know LEGO isn't putting out a $500 DC set.

If there is a SDCC exclusive fig I'm hoping for Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight.