Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Wait wait wait, is Constraction coming back?

I would like to re-state my requests for

1x Star Lord,

1x masked Winter Soldier with a disc-shooter on the end of his gun, and

1x Black Panther surfing on a Technic-built Lexus

On 6/30/2022 at 4:22 AM, Brickin-it said:

My incognito Thor patiently waiting for somewhere to sit.... one month to go.

incogthor1a.jpg

That’s great!

On 6/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, hvader said:

My prediction is that the Black Panther wave, like the No Way Home wave, will include some remakes of sets from the first movie

That’s what I’ve been predicting as well, just so they don’t have to bother putting out a bunch of sets that will be inaccurate to the new film anyway because they’re based off of outdated concept art.

I had low expectations for those three $30 sets when I heard they were Spidey related but if they’re just doing more sets like that lame, random buildable Iron Man from the start of this year, that’s even more disappointing. I don’t think that Iron Man set was exactly a hot seller and is already kind of a waste of a slot in my eyes, let alone doing three more. I don’t think Lego branching out is a bad thing but I feel like you’d be better off buying a (much-better looking) Marvel action figure for the same price.

I know that NWH sets probably won’t come until next year, but I was still hoping that with these three sets, they could still do something cool for the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man. Maybe some sets with some retro figures. 

Edited by The Stud

Spoiler

If he gets made, do we think the headpiece will be a new mold, or a reuse like Maccus from Pirates?

Edited by Buckethead

On 7/1/2022 at 7:41 AM, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Wait wait wait, is Constraction coming back?

I would like to re-state my requests for

1x Star Lord,

1x masked Winter Soldier with a disc-shooter on the end of his gun, and

1x Black Panther surfing on a Technic-built Lexus

I like the cut of your jib!

On 6/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, Scarilian said:

I'd prefer figures in the same style to Iron Man as opposed to mech double packs - at least if we had more in that style it could eventually become a replacement to CCBS and lead to a Knights Kingdom/Bionicle/Exo Force reboot

I don’t see that happening w/ the price difference. BIONICLE/Exo-Force/Knights Kingdom were like $8-15 (depending on theme/year), so they were closer to the price of the little mechs. With the Iron Man being $40 and these supposed sets $30, I don’t see non-licensed figs in the same style selling well.

In terms of potential figures/constraction, I think Green Goblin definitely needs to get one. A set with him and the glider would be awesome.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:22 AM, Brickin-it said:

My incognito Thor patiently waiting for somewhere to sit.... one month to go

This piece in the Harry Potter CMF series 2 could work well for a 'full' drink. Unsure if an empty version of this mold exists.

EiLjw-LWoAA_wdE.jpg

4 hours ago, Subnautica said:

I don’t see that happening w/ the price difference. BIONICLE/Exo-Force/Knights Kingdom were like $8-15 (depending on theme/year), so they were closer to the price of the little mechs. With the Iron Man being $40 and these supposed sets $30, I don’t see non-licensed figs in the same style selling well.

lego-2-in-1-bionicle-knights-kingdom.png

I could definitely see these Spider-man sets being similar to the Iron Man figure but less complex, smaller and perhaps with a new piece for feet/leg/arm/knee detailing to go along with the smooth shoulder/mask piece. I really am getting the vibe that this is going to be another attempt at constraction sets - think along the lines of Knights Kingdom II though.The main collapse of prior constraction themes has been a reliance on new molds each year. The stuff Lego seems to be introducing at the moment is parts that can serve multiple functions and be printed upon. The Shoulder/Mask piece for example in the Iron Man Figure. If they introduce a new armour piece or feet piece then I can really see this being a gateway into reviving constraction. Establishing an interest as licensed themes constraction figures such as Marvel could allow them to branch off into things such as Ninjago, A Knights Kingdom revival due to the popularity of Castle, perhaps a 25th anniversary Tahu in 2026 to test interest, etc...

Edit:

In terms of specifically pricing, using a price per piece calculator:

Venom 238 = $0.126 per piece ($30)
Miles 258 = $0.116 per piece ($30)
Iron Man 381 = $0.105 per piece ($40)
Spider-man 297 = $0.101 per piece ($30)

Ideally Venom & Miles would be $25 but I can see justification for it if they have new pieces included. Anything under $0.14 is considered good by the price per piece calculator and these sets normally have a 20% off sale, or in the case of Iron Man I've seen it go for around $20 which would be a ratio of $0.052 per piece. They are priced in theory relatively well compared to how many pieces they have any the potential for new pieces.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Update 76225, 76226, and 76230 are all listed as Spider-Man sets on a retailer 

On 6/30/2022 at 7:25 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to Paul Seeley, the preliminary names are Venom figure, Miles Morales figure and Spider-Man figure.

According to exabrickslegogo_ on instagram 76225 is Venom (238 pieces), 76226 is Miles Morales (258 pieces) and 76230 is Spider-man (297) pieces. It's a little odd to me how Venom has about 59 fewer pieces compared to Spider-man, perhaps Spider-man has some web pieces or something to justify it?

Edit: Not accurate, refer to here

Either way, that pretty much sums up what we know of for the end of the year:

• August: Sanctum Sanctorum & Nano Gauntlet
  • September: Venom, Miles Morales, Spider-man, GotG Christmas Calendar
  • October: Black Panther (Four Sets)
  • Unknown: 76222, 76224 (Potentially DC sets)
  • Snapped: 500€ D2C, Hulkbuster MKII

No idea what is happening with 66711 Infinity Saga Collection, but Brickmerge lists it at 972 pieces. If accurate the closest I could come to that piece count using pre-existing sets that fall under the category of the Infinity Saga line would be 76192 Endgame Final Battle (527 Pieces) + 76206 Iron Man Figure (381 Pieces) + 40525 Endgame Battle (62 Pieces) which would be 970 pieces.

Updated List:

Hide contents

AUGUST:

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211: (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212: 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213: (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214: (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
Edited by Scarilian

47 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

According to exabrickslegogo_ on instagram 76225 is Venom (238 pieces), 76226 is Miles Morales (258 pieces) and 76230 is Spider-man (297) pieces.

The order here is not correct.

Venom is 76230

I think 76225 is Spider-Man and 76226 is Miles but these could be switched

Edited by Falconfan1414

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The order here is not correct.

Venom is 76230

I think 76225 is Spider-Man and 76226 is Miles but these could be switched 

Thanks, that does actually make a lot more sense. Venom is generally depicted as larger and it'd make more sense for Spider-Man and Miles to have a closer figure count. Have updated the list.

Update:
Promobricks have updated their list:

• Miles is 76225 238 pieces
  • Spider-man is 76226 258 pieces
  • Venom is 76230 - 297 pieces
Edited by Scarilian

59 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Thanks, that does actually make a lot more sense. Venom is generally depicted as larger and it'd make more sense for Spider-Man and Miles to have a closer figure count. Have updated the list.

Update:
Promobricks have updated their list:

• Miles is 76225 238 pieces
  • Spider-man is 76226 258 pieces
  • Venom is 76230 - 297 pieces

Which list did they update it on? 

The Black Panther 2 leaks from the last few days have been very interesting. If we get minifigs of those 3 new characters, which seems likely, then I will be very happy. 

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

This piece in the Harry Potter CMF series 2 could work well for a 'full' drink. Unsure if an empty version of this mold exists.

Thanks! Completely forgot about the butterbeer piece, but looks like I don't own one.... Bricklink here we come...

So they are 3 buildable figures.  what a disappointment 🫤 the potential of the MCU and a year full of buildable things without minifigures ... I hope Black Panther can save this 2022

Hey!

I saw the full lifestyle video for Sanctum Sactorum on Youtube and it gives us a better look at the hidden area containing the time stone. There’s also a brown printed (or stickered..:D) book behind a golden chain. Could it be the Book of Vishanti or even the Darkhold…? That being said, would love have those books in lego form.

7 hours ago, Brickin-it said:

Thanks! Completely forgot about the butterbeer piece, but looks like I don't own one.... Bricklink here we come...

No problem, think it came with two figures in that wave Hermione and Ron - perhaps showed up for other figures also? Here is a link to it.

5 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

There’s also a brown printed (or stickered..:D) book behind a golden chain.

The book behind a golden chain is likely a reference to the book of Cagliostro - although several books were shown forbidden in that movie and bound in golden chains.

The Book of Vishanti

The Book Of Vishanti is a little complicated, as did not really get a good look at it on-screen, mostly spending its time glowing with blue/purple light. I'd lean towards this piece being used to replicate it. It featured in the Nexo Knights series. Cover design is not accurate, but it's got the golden trim the book appears to have and it's partially transcluent so kinda appears magical.

Spoiler

24093pb004.png

The Darkhold

The Darkhold's cover design has generally changed quite a bit over time but it's a dark/black book, either has its name written on the cover or a diagram depicting two keys intersecting in the middle. Unless Lego make a specific piece I'd personally suggest this piece, once again from the Harry Potter CMF, which looks creepy enough that it could work as some evil book.

Spoiler

24093pb015.png

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Which list did they update it on? 

All? They have a list of 2022 Marvel sets that they have here and here. The list does have some inaccuracies such as two DC sets that are still listed 76220 and 76221, but that's probably because they heard differently and just have not updated those as not directly heard new information and prefer hearing it direct rather than via second-hand sources/retailer leaks.

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

So they are 3 buildable figures.  what a disappointment 🫤 the potential of the MCU and a year full of buildable things without minifigures ... I hope Black Panther can save this 2022

Black Panther sets are the thing I am the least interested in from this year. I'm not a fan of the changed design for several of the newer/returning characters and I don't have a drive to see this movie without T'Challa. I think if we get a legacy set with a definitive Black Panther figure then I'd probably get that, but otherwise the entire line and film is a pass from me.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

The book behind a golden chain is likely a reference to the book of Cagliostro - although several books were shown forbidden in that movie and bound in golden chains.

Oh yes, I forgot about that book. Thanks!

12 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The Black Panther 2 leaks from the last few days have been very interesting. If we get minifigs of those 3 new characters, which seems likely, then I will be very happy. 

Indeed, there is potential for great minifigs, and the fact we are getting a total of four sets increases a lot our chances of getting them.

19 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Indeed, there is potential for great minifigs, and the fact we are getting a total of four sets increases a lot our chances of getting them.

Spoiler tagging for spoilers, but this is likely the list of figures we'd get judging by what's been revealed :tongue: With four sets, all together priced at around $180, I'd guess we have a max of 14/15 unique figures. Either way we have less than two weeks until SDCC where they'll probably reveal all the Black Panther 2 stuff.

Spoiler
  1. Shuri (SPOILERY LINK)
  2. Shuri Variant Outfit
  3. Okoye (SPOILERY LINK)
  4. Iron Heart (MK1 Armour - SPOILERY LINK)
  5. Namor (SPOILERY LINK)
  6. Namor Variant Outfit (SPOILERY LINK)
  7. Namora (SPOILERY LINK)
  8. Attuma (SPOILERY LINK)
  9. Everett Ross
  10. W'Kabi
  11. M'Baku
  12. Nakia
  13. Ayo
  14. Atlantean Guard/Warrior (Generic Army Builder)
  15. Black Panther/T'Challa (If we get a Legacy set)

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Spoiler tagging for spoilers, but this is likely the list of figures we'd get judging by what's been revealed :tongue: With four sets, all together priced at around $180, I'd guess we have a max of 14/15 unique figures. Either way we have less than two weeks until SDCC where they'll probably reveal all the Black Panther 2 stuff.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Shuri (SPOILERY LINK)
  2. Shuri Variant Outfit
  3. Okoye (SPOILERY LINK)
  4. Iron Heart (MK1 Armour - SPOILERY LINK)
  5. Namor (SPOILERY LINK)
  6. Namor Variant Outfit (SPOILERY LINK)
  7. Namora (SPOILERY LINK)
  8. Attuma (SPOILERY LINK)
  9. Everett Ross
  10. W'Kabi
  11. M'Baku
  12. Nakia
  13. Ayo
  14. Atlantean Guard/Warrior (Generic Army Builder)
  15. Black Panther/T'Challa (If we get a Legacy set)

You already know Spoilery Link #4 is going to be tremendously oversized if Lego makes it. Excited to see how they do some of these.

14 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

You already know Spoilery Link #4 is going to be tremendously oversized if Lego makes it. Excited to see how they do some of these.

Lego seems to be entertaining minifig-scale mechs/builds lately... we can definitely dream that something like that could happen now, and if not, the community provides!

21 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

This is kind of off topic but 

Spoiler

Why is she in this movie again? I don't remember her being Wakandan in the comics, and it feels like adding an iron man character to a black panther movie is kind of a weird choice, especially considering it'll be a movie without T'challa, supposedly be more of an ensemble film with the other wakandans AND the atlanteans (who are now aztec instead of roman?). It just feels like such a random option. It'd be like if the next spider-man movie was about Ned, MJ, and Speedball or something.

Looks like lego was confirmed for SDCC. My guess is we see a Wakanda forever set and remember lego has revealed sets for marvel movies before the trailer has came out 

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like lego was confirmed for SDCC. My guess is we see a Wakanda forever set and remember lego has revealed sets for marvel movies before the trailer has came out 

So will the exclusive minifigure return this year?