Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Damn the Sanctum set is a must have set, but I have no more space and an already sizable backlog. Lego is stressful.

On the set itself, it looks great but there's so much room for improvement and customization. Also, those clear arm pieces (holding up Ironman/Spiderman) are only on 1 stud connections with one being upside down, not sure how that past testing.

9 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Dead Strange, eyes should be very light blue or grey, needs a cape of the Damned and a different hair piece.

Really don't get why I keep seeing people say this about his hair, it's the ponytail hairpiece so it's exactly the right piece, it's just missing the white streaks

8 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

we will eventually get a Morbius (comic version) because lego teased Dare Devil in some news papers in the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider set and we eventually did get him.

Reference:The Daily Bugle has a screen inside with Morbius on it

As mentioned above, it was the IW Sanctum that teased Daredevil, but the Ghost Rider set had a Bleeker St sign, so that set teased the Sanctum

And yes the Daily Bugle did give us an Easter Egg of Morbius, but they also included references to Rhino (who tbf has appeared since, just smaller than shown in the Bugle), Kingpin, Electro, Lizard/Curt Connors, Norman Osborn and Miles Warren, most of these are unlikely to appear in regular, non 4+ kids show inspired sets, as all villains are just repeats. The best chance to get these figures would be a D2C Oscorp, which could dish out new villains the way the Bugle gave us new heroes

Defender Strange hair goes from pulled back and slick to messy.

I was wrong about what set the DD teaser was in.

Some non-custom figure swaps/upgrades for the Sanctum:

• Ebony Maw: Torso and leg print from the 2018 version, either head is fine depending on your preference
  • Wong: Bricktober pack Wong, figure is not cheap but the torso and legs are perfect, either head is fine depending on your preference
  • Scarlet Witch: While the new torso print is great it probably won't work with the CMF legs - so just use the torso and legs from the CMF and whichever head you feel gives off the vibe you desire
  • Sinister Strange: Give him the hair piece from Percival Graves

I hope we eventually get a Groot in the style of the Avatar figs, if he is indeed taller in Gotg 3, or in a Infinity Saga set.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

19 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I hope we eventually get a Groot in the style of the Avatar figs, if he is indeed taller in Gotg 3, or in a Infinity Saga set. 

The actor who plays him described him as 'Alpha Groot' in GotG3 so I'd lean towards a King Groot style appearance or at minimum similar to his appearance in GotG - so chances are we'll go back to a brick-built Groot. Though I could definitely see the legs and arms working for Groot.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, Scarilian said:

• Ebony Maw: Torso and leg print from the 2018 version, either head is fine depending on your preference
  • Wong: Bricktober pack Wong, figure is not cheap but the torso and legs are perfect, either head is fine depending on your preference
  • Scarlet Witch: While the new torso print is great it probably won't work with the CMF legs - so just use the torso and legs from the CMF and whichever head you feel gives off the vibe you desire

I’m thinking, with the bookcase and chair there, it might be ideal for an incognito Thor adding too, blue jeans, grey jacket, dark tan/nougat ponytail, umbrella and beerglass

On 6/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Scarilian said:

I always love these suggestions for improving mediocre minifigs so please keep them coming, @Scarilian, and/or anybody else!

Love the Sanctum build!!! Minifigs aside, I think the build here is much more interest and better looking than the bugle. Will look to either buy two or just order extra pieces to beef this up to a 48x32 and add an extra level for height. Hopefully someone will have done this soon and sell instructions on RB or I will just have to play around with it myself. Can't wait to get this set.

I reckon they blew the budget on the pieces and detail and had to cheapen out of the minifigs, hence the subpar quality and smaller selections.

Anyway, when is the rumoured UCS Averngers tower meant to come out?

18 minutes ago, chill9394 said:

Love the Sanctum build!!! Minifigs aside, I think the build here is much more interest and better looking than the bugle. Will look to either buy two or just order extra pieces to beef this up to a 48x32 and add an extra level for height. Hopefully someone will have done this soon and sell instructions on RB or I will just have to play around with it myself. Can't wait to get this set.

I reckon they blew the budget on the pieces and detail and had to cheapen out of the minifigs, hence the subpar quality and smaller selections.

Anyway, when is the rumoured UCS Averngers tower meant to come out?

Unless I missed a recent update, I believe the set you are referring to has not actually been confirmed to be the Avengers Tower. That's just what most people expect it to be, since there aren't a lot of other realistic options for a $500 Marvel set. 

As for when it's releasing, we have no idea. It seems like the Hulkbuster D2C is coming out first, but we don't have a month locked down for that one either. Some people seem to think the $500 set was either fake or canceled since we haven't heard anything about it in months, but assuming that's not the case, then the absolute earliest we could expect it is probably in September. But given the lack of details we have gotten, I'd guess it's probably not coming until much later this year.

My incognito Thor patiently waiting for somewhere to sit.... one month to go.

incogthor1a.jpg

I'm a little surprised we still have no news on either the £500 set or the mk2 Hulkbuster.  I'm starting to think we may only get one of the two, if any.  We aren’t too far away from BP and holiday set reveals, and 2 high value same theme sets is starting to make less and less sense

Edited by Brickin-it

My prediction is that the Black Panther wave, like the No Way Home wave, will include some remakes of sets from the first movie

1 hour ago, hvader said:

My prediction is that the Black Panther wave, like the No Way Home wave, will include some remakes of sets from the first movie

Wasnt the remake thing an excuse to have some sets because Disney just didnt want to show anything from the actual movie?

I dont think they'll be that needlessly secretive with Black Panther

7 hours ago, Brickin-it said:

I'm a little surprised we still have no news on either the £500 set or the mk2 Hulkbuster.  I'm starting to think we may only get one of the two, if any.  We aren’t too far away from BP and holiday set reveals, and 2 high value same theme sets is starting to make less and less sense

Didn't someone say the Hulkbuster got delayed? 

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wasnt the remake thing an excuse to have some sets because Disney just didnt want to show anything from the actual movie?

I dont think they'll be that needlessly secretive with Black Panther

I mean, you never know. Given what happened with Howard Stern (of all people) recently, it's definately possible that BP2 introduces some VERY important characters to the MCU.

Though personally I think the sets would be remakes because there just can't be that much from BP2, right? Like, I don't think the first film had 4 full sets of material, and it had, y'know, black panther in them. It's actually an issue I think the movie may have as well. Boseman's death was a tragedy, but I don't think doing a BP movie without T'Challa is going to work, certainly not to the extent of having almost as many sets as Endgame's first wave.

I wouldn’t worry about a large majority (if any) of the sets being from black panther 1 

Update 76225, 76226, and 76230 are all listed as Spider-Man sets on a retailer 

37 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Mech double packs, here we come!! :poke:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, with the way the comic Spider-Man sets (outside of the Bugle) have gone the past few years, my expectations couldn’t be lower. 

no new characters but maybe a slight variant to 1 or 2. 

According to Paul Seeley, the preliminary names are Venom figure, Miles Morales figure and Spider-Man figure.

Great, more money for me to save. Probably gonna be another ugly gimmick type of set :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

For 30€ they'd be triple-packs.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to Paul Seeley, the preliminary names are Venom figure, Miles Morales figure and Spider-Man figure.

Sounds like that Iron Man figure released in January, except a bit cheaper :wacko:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For 30€ they'd be triple-packs.

Clearly, it's gonna be:

Venom mech triple pack: Venom mech, carnage mech, and Morbius mech (morbius figure not included, venom and carnage re-uses.)

Into the spider verse triple pack: Miles mech, Peter B Parker mech, spider-gwen mech. Miles is a re-use, Peter B Parker is just the 2021 spidey with dark tan legs, and gwen is a reuse.

Spider-Man triple pack! Pack of three spider-man mechs, with everyone's favorite three spider-man! The 2012 "ultimate" suit, the 2019 "worldwide" suit, and the 2022 "amazing friends" suit! "This..this is what you guys wanted when you said you wanted all three spideys, right?"

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sounds like that Iron Man figure released in January, except a bit cheaper :wacko:

Yup...gah, why? Giant venom symbiotes can work and be cool, but I can't imagine anyone wants a large brick built non-mech spidey or miles. It's like constraction figures, except without the constraction. It's just large system built action figures, and I don't think that works on characters like spidey and miles, moreso with robots and armored characters. I don't think anybody wants these, and I'm sure it'll be another nail in the coffin of the bionicle concept ever returning if the constraction style is now fully system built.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t worry about a large majority (if any) of the sets being from black panther 1 

Finally some news, was worried we'd hear nothing until August. The reveal of the Sanctum took away a lot of discussion so it was mostly just waiting around :look:

Any updates on what the heck is going on with the Hulkbuster MKII and/or $500 D2C?

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'd prefer figures in the same style to Iron Man as opposed to mech double packs - at least if we had more in that style it could eventually become a replacement to CCBS and lead to a Knights Kingdom/Bionicle/Exo Force reboot or at the very least the Avengers and Justice League in that form.

The Iron Man figure had an included light brick, I doubt any of these (If in a similar style) would include it - smaller sets, less pieces, slightly less complicated design... could explain the pricing.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd prefer figures in the same style to Iron Man as opposed to mech double packs - at least if we had more in that style it could eventually become a replacement to CCBS and lead to a Knights Kingdom/Bionicle/Exo Force reboot or at the very least the Avengers and Justice League in that form.

I completely disagree. I'm a pretty big bionicle fan, and although I'm fine with a system ideas set or something, I would be very disappointed by a system reboot of the theme. Bionicle is a constraction/technic theme. They already showed what happened when they cut the lore for G2, if they get rid of constraction as well it'd be bionicle in name only. I think if these are system brick built figures like that iron man, it's nothing but a nail in the coffin for the death of constraction, and therefore, bionicle.

But regardless, I think I'd prefer mech double packs, at least they have the potential for new minifigures and will be passable as mechs. I can't imagine the spidey and miles system buildable figures will look good at all. Iron man looked kinda wonky, and even then, he's an armored figure. I have no faith that lego could convincingly pull off a human-in-spandex form at that scale.

Any chance these sets may draw character influence from Across The Spider-Verse? That was at one stage intended for release in October and these three sets are September :shrug_oh_well: Either way, at least the 60th anniversary of Spider-man now has something small in Lego form, hopefully we can get the Spider-man Bust also to go alongside Venom & Carnage.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I completely disagree. I'm a pretty big bionicle fan, and although I'm fine with a system ideas set or something, I would be very disappointed by a system reboot of the theme. Bionicle is a constraction/technic theme. They already showed what happened when they cut the lore for G2, if they get rid of constraction as well it'd be bionicle in name only. I think if these are system brick built figures like that iron man, it's nothing but a nail in the coffin for the death of constraction, and therefore, bionicle.

I think having a new form of buildable figure style established now is the only hope any style of constraction theme has, Lego is unlikely to take the risk of an entirely new building system again - and Marvel is the most popular theme to start with. By having it primarily reliant on the current Lego bricks, they can introduce new pieces slowly over time that more closely resemble CCBS such as the shoulder/helmet piece they did for Iron Man, which mirrors this piece. This means the budget primarily goes towards printing on the new face print rather than necessarily requiring new moulds each time for heads, this would save on costs.

Ofcourse any potential new theme in this style would'nt be greenlit until around late 2023 and would'nt be on shelves until around 2026 - which admittedly would be a good time for a Bionicle return to benefit from the 25th anniversary.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't imagine the spidey and miles system buildable figures will look good at all. Iron man looked kinda wonky, and even then, he's an armored figure. I have no faith that lego could convincingly pull off a human-in-spandex form at that scale. 

I can picture Spidey & Venom, taking those concepts and simplifying them using the new helmet/shoulder piece from the Iron Man set. Miles would probably be just the black/red suit as opposed to including elements like the hood or jacket. I think having the suits fully on, no human faces, would be the key to the success of portraying these characters.

50 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Any chance these sets may draw character influence from Across The Spider-Verse? That was at one stage intended for release in October and these three sets are September :shrug_oh_well: Either way, at least the 60th anniversary of Spider-man now has something small in Lego form, hopefully we can get the Spider-man Bust also to go alongside Venom & Carnage.

I guess it's possible, but the figures chosen are pretty generalist. Spidey and Venom are lego's go-tos for spidey sets, and they've started putting Miles in a lot too.

I think having a new form of buildable figure style established now is the only hope any style of constraction theme has, Lego is unlikely to take the risk of an entirely new building system again - and Marvel is the most popular theme to start with. By having it primarily reliant on the current Lego bricks, they can introduce new pieces slowly over time that more closely resemble CCBS such as the shoulder/helmet piece they did for Iron Man, which mirrors this piece. This means the budget primarily goes towards printing on the new face print rather than necessarily requiring new moulds each time for heads, this would save on costs.

I'd rather have them take bionicle in a completely different form, like a minifigure based thing (though again, having the signature lore would be a must) than to have system-built buildible figures. 

And the molds wouldn't/shouldn't be too big of an issue. Yeah, each figure generally had 1-2 unique molds for the mask and weapon, but given that it lasted for a solid decade, I think it was popular enough to get past that. The masks were collectible, and it wouldn't be the same if it was just printing on that stupid shoulder armor part (seriously, it's such a weird look on that iron man figure alone). I mean, it allegedly was what saved lego from bankruptcy back in the 2000s (Star Wars was of course, extremely popular as well, but with the liscencing fees they supposedly weren't making as much off it as it would seem), and back then it wasn't CCBS or the inika system, they were doing completely molds for most parts of the body every single wave. 

I can picture Spidey & Venom, taking those concepts and simplifying them using the new helmet/shoulder piece from the Iron Man set. Miles would probably be just the black/red suit as opposed to including elements like the hood or jacket. I think having the suits fully on, no human faces, would be the key to the success of portraying these characters.

Really? That spidey is, besides being a bit too complex like you say, just waaaay to unstable in the knees and feet. (And missing the webbing, but there's no way to get around that at this scale without doing a ton of prints). And even then, I don't think those look particularly good. The forearms are literally rectangles. The venom one's better, (if you notice, I didn't mention him when I said the Spidey and Miles figs would probably look bad), as he benefits from all the black bricks blending together and the fact that he's a symbiote, not just a spandex-laden human, so he can look more monstrous and not have that musculature. But again, it doesn't work for the humans without armor or symbiotes. Sort of like the star wars constraction figures. Most of the troopers and droids were pretty cool and seemed to sell alright (Vader, Grievous, K-2SO, etc), but the humans were awful.